[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you pussies even scared to play horror games? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why are you pussies even scared to play horror games?

They're creepy, but never terrifying and so scary that you can't play it.

It's literally just some pixels moving around on a screen. I think you all forget this.

The only time a horror game has actually made me scared is something like Sad Satan because of its context and uncanny and experimental gameplay that throws out almost all definitions of what a game should be.
>>
did u try that shit in vr tho
>>
If you're going in at the outset to not even pretend to be immersed in the experience, what is the point?
>>
>>376048523
>It's literally just some pixels moving around on a screen. I think you all forget this.
people like you seem to lack the skill of "immersion".

Then again, you use shit like RE7 as an example of ""horror"" "games".
>>
>>376048559
I didn't, but that's a valid argument. At least that brings the game to a new level of realism.

>>376048631
It's difficult to get immersed in games that have settings that are far from ours. I think that's why Silent Hill 2 worked so well in it's out of hell world sections because it looked like our world, but a little off. Whereas in a game like Dead Space, its setting is a space station with crazy monsters. Far from realistic.

I feel that if your game is uncanny and close to real life it is a successful horror game because it's believable.
>>
Because 9 times out of 10 horror games have shit gameplay that either consists of running away from everything (with shit movement controls) or shit combat designed to be bad because otherwise you're too powerful to be scared.

Wait, are you talking about being scared or why people don't play them?
>>
>>376048940
>Silent Hill 2
That game's the LEAST spooky of the original quadrilogy.

I also greatly question your adaptation skills if something as culturally common fictional setting as futuristic space ships with monsters is "hard to relate to". I found System Shock 2 very creepy at best, no matter that I played it just recently for the first time.

Other than that, I do agree. Atmospheric horror with disturbing imagery is way more effective and impressive form of horror than a scripted series of jumpscares.
>>
>>376049016
I feel like "bad" movement controls and sometimes translate to good horror gameplay. For instance Silent Hill and the original Resident Evil. Having the loose control over your character can make maneuvering around a monster more terrifying and anxiety inducing. I don't even think tank controls are that bad. I like it if it's done correctly and in the right context.

And I'm talking about people being scared.
>>
>>376049312
>not being scared during the water scene early on in Amnesia
>>
>>376048523
>projecting this hard after you finally managed to play one yourself
>>
>>376048523
not worth the money and time desu fampai
>>
I can watch scary movies just fine, literally never been scared by one. But horror games (at least first person ones) is something I can't do. I just can't.
>>
>>376049963
Well that's scary because it's left up to your imagination to what could be there.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.