[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western marketeres are removing Denuvo reference on wikipedia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Prey is the latest target. Users are removing the fact Prey uses Denuvo even though most recent releases have Denuvo stated on the wikipedia entry
Look at the history:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Prey_(2017_video_game)&action=history
>>
Omg who the fuck cares.
>>
Also note they are calling Prey an open world.
top kek
>>
yeah its shitty but what did you expect
its in every game at this point
they should say when its not in instead
>>
>>376044857

Me.
>>
Anything to fool the goys.
>>
File: 2XUs.webm (1MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
2XUs.webm
1MB, 426x426px
>>376044745
No one cares. Kill yourself, piratekek.
>>
I also noted western websites stopped comparing games after the developers remove denuvo to check if there is improvement boost
Some games in the past were running better after they got rid of steam+denuvo cryptography
>>
*performance
>>
>>376044745
>Zenimax at it, again
didn't people learn about Bethesda's fishy business practices and criticism undermining already a year ago?

Oh wait, you're not allowed to hate Beth-fuck games.
>>
>>376045721
is this image real? why does 4chan submit to such kikery DMCA copyright notices?
>>
Robert A. Altman is the current Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media, parent company of publisher Bethesda Softworks
>Robert was born to a Jewish family
>>
>>376045871
Yes, it is. Me and many other anons experienced it first-hand last year, and said pics (and some Webms) are still blocked in their 1:1 original form.

It's even more cringy when some people try to DEFEND this "business practice" with bullshit like "They OWN the footage! Censorship is alrgiht! You're just buttmad contrarian lol! :^)"
>>
>>376046101
but posting an image that is on google it's not infringing copyright plus it's not subject to copyright parodies.
Mods here are really the same people from Neogaf
>>
File: 1478975685204.jpg (32KB, 644x228px) Image search: [Google]
1478975685204.jpg
32KB, 644x228px
>wikipedia
Who fucking cares? You are buying game from steam.
>>
>>376046285
That's the joke here. Hell, most of the screencaps & shit were taken from that Conan o Brian plays vidya series, in which he got to play it before the release. So not only was the footage stuff Beth / Zenimax already "allowed" to be shown, the screens and vids exported out of it would totally fall into fair use & freedom of speech categories.

But nooo... you should see the shitstain campaigns some Youtube morons have posted on videos trying to bring this crap out to the public.
>>
>>376045871
Because they don't like being sued?
If you're operating in the US, you can't just ignore DMCA notices.
>>
>>376045168
>piratekek
>censoring yourself
How much of a redditor can you be?
>>
Is there a way to play this on Pc without having steam? I assume not so I'm just gonna have to wait until someone cracks it

>>376045294
Fucking apathy is allowing things to go to shit. >>376045721
>>
>>376047265
I didn't mean to reply to the second one I bumped it
>>
>>376045871
if you want to considered a "safe harbour" you are required to follow a DMCA-takedown-request, even if they're full retard.
you might want to challenge it, but until a final ruling you need to honor it.
>>
>>376044745
Loop me on on what Denuvo is and why it matters?
>>
>>376044857
>marketers literally hiding highly relevant information that could make someone not buy the game
>omg who cares
kys cancer
>>
>>376047646
Denuvo makes it so i can't download AAA games for free anymore. REALLY pisses me off when devs think they can just do something like that, as its very anti-consumer.
>>
File: 20170505132529_1.jpg (545KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170505132529_1.jpg
545KB, 2560x1440px
Game is Basically a Bioshock in space, pretty good so far though, and the art style is pretty unique and interesting aesthetically.

Also, anyone know the code to the safe in the start of the game, I couldn't make out the first or last number,
>>
>>376047821
>Denuvo
>make someone not buy the game

Nobody except entitled pirates care about Denuvo.
If you decide not to buy a game (not pirate - as in - you fucking pay money for it and not be a cheapass) then you would not care about anti-tamper, and realize how reasonable it is for a developer to protect their own fucking product.
>>
why should I, or any other honest consumer, actually care again?
>>
>>376046692
DMCA is to prevent stealing copyright material not for abusing/taking down screenshots
>>
>>376048016
is this b8?
>>
>>376048016
Have you tried 0451?
>>
>>376047646
Application encryption that gets decrypted on the fly via the internet. Just another variant of copy-protection.
>>
>>376048227
You're dumb as bricks, so no, you shouldn't care.
>>
>>376048061
>Nobody except entitled pirates care about Denuvo.
Denuvo is the most kikery in all time. It does online checks even though they claim it doesn't. It connects to third party servers that are operated in other countries other than Austria.
It's not just encryption it's online authentication/checking which is the worst kind of DRM that's what Microsoft wanted in 2013.
>>
>>376048061
Denuvo is malware, and I do not want it on my computer. It's the reason I haven't bought Nier:A, it's the reason I haven't bought RotTR, it's the reason I haven't bought Arkham Knight, it's the reason I haven't bought Just Cause 3. I'm more than happy to pay for games when the developer doesn't treat me like scum.
>>
>>376044745
They are finally learning that denuvo protected games don't equal great sales and even can hurt them.
>>
>>376044857
>being a leaf
>>
File: bQZqUSv.png (159KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
bQZqUSv.png
159KB, 623x414px
>If at some point in the future any part of their DRM service chain is shut down due to internet outage or a company going bankrupt, games will be inaccessible.

In other words: your game that you paid 60 bucks works as long as Denuvo wants it. If for some reason the owner gets crazy and shut down the servers or just sell the company and set the servers on fire you'll never play the game again

>b-but they will send a build with denuvo removed because they are good guys with a long history of good practices.
>>
>>376048404
I don't get it, it would not be the first thing to connect to the internet to do anti tampering checks like that. If they claim it doesn't and yet it does that's another issue, I don't know about that myself but I'll read about it if I find anything I suppose.

>>376048457
I don't see why it's malware, unless you are reffering to what the person before said, in which case what I said above applies.
>>
>>376048918
If it behaves like malware then it is malware. There is no "good malware".
>>
>>376049081
I'm going to suppose that Steam is malware then. After all it actively stays connected whenever you play a game. Heck it even adds a overlay over your game you can use, just like those shady hacks do.
>>
>>376049212
Steam is optional aside when the dev has put integration there. Overlay can be turned off, Steam too.

Denuvo can't be turned off.
>>
>>376049365
Fair point, but what if the game itself is all-online even in singleplayer? You don't buy it for that reason either?
>>
>>376048918
one thing is to check the hash(if it matches) that's ok but Denuvo has online checking
In some games they claim the online check is due to "multiplayer" but the funny thing is that it connects to third party servers when you launch the executable
>>
>>376048016

Pay attention to that video you watch in your office.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.