[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/, what's your opinion on Off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Wiki-background.png (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-background.png
26KB, 320x240px
/v/, what's your opinion on Off?
>>
Nice enough game. Fans and fanartists I know complain about it having a slow and boring battle system, or that the puzzles are too hard. It's one of those games that is appreciated for the style of it, not its meat.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>376032076
I want to shut it off
>>
>>376032275
this
I absolutely love the presentation, but the combat is not fun
>>
File: Dedan_03.jpg (291KB, 1064x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Dedan_03.jpg
291KB, 1064x1060px
>>376032076
For a RPG maker game its pretty neat.
The Monster design and Music is what stands out to me and the bare-bones game play and boring puzzles is what drags its down. The hand drawn style works really well because Mortis ghost has a really cool style.

I'd complain that the fandom is shit but every indie RPG's fandom is always a pile of steaming shit.
>>
File: ducky.png (456KB, 2642x2064px) Image search: [Google]
ducky.png
456KB, 2642x2064px
>>376032076
Great atmosphere. nice little story; many of the characters were written/presented well. Combat was so-so. Puzzles were tedious.
Worth a playthrough.
>>
Indie pixel shit. Implying I would ever touch this piece of shit
>>
iji, la-mulana, cave story are all better.
>>
>>376033105
>Cave Story

I'm sure you like eating wheat bread too.
>>
It's a game that's meant more for its atmosphere than the game itself. The puzzles are barebones and the combat boring, but neither are the main focus.
>>
File: batter.png (209KB, 669x907px) Image search: [Google]
batter.png
209KB, 669x907px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>376033185
I don't like it, in fact I never beat it.

But its better.
>>
Games is pretty creative trip. Meh combat, ok-ish puzzles, and yet top tier art, atmosphere and story.

You know you are for a crazy ride when every character consider their insane element the most important
>>
>>376033480
Hugo imagined him to be evil, so he became evil.
All because of a shitty old comic.
>>
>>376033480
He just wanted to purify the world from evil spirits but he realized they were its basis later in the game so he destroyed it.
>>
>>376033480
Reminder that the Batter did nothing wrong.All he did was end a shitty world.
>>
It's one of those games where playing the game is just the start, and the real fun of it is seeing what people think of it and what the theories for things are.

It's a better "story" than a game, I can understand why the game elements have to be there, I don't think it could work as a plain movie or not having some form of basic combat, and rpg maker rpgs are about the most basic combat can get. I just used autobattle the whole time aside from boss battles.
>>
>>376035678
What is your favorite theory?
>>
The best way to play Off is to look up the solutions to all the tedious puzzles using a walkthrough and use auto battle whenever possible. The story and surreal setting is really good, but the gameplay is some of the most mediocre shit I've ever had to endure in a game I still consider to be "great".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.