[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mgs thread: no bitching about V edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0234.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px)
IMG_0234.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
It doesn't get much more comfy than the missions brefs in mgs4.
>>
Mission Briefs*

Bump
>>
>>376028492
>tfw people don't even know about the controllable MG MK2 during those scenes
>>
>>376028679
I thought that was the coolest thing when it came out and it makes the game more replayable.
>>
I just arrived in South America on my replay. I still don't understand all the backlash yet.
>>
File: 1338932958769.jpg (2MB, 2049x1962px)
1338932958769.jpg
2MB, 2049x1962px
>>376028943
True. And besides that, I was honestly surprised to realize how many alternative routes and methods of infiltration you got in most of the maps, once you start exploring outside your obvious-looking routes.

>>376029457
My personal theory is, that what started as a "lol it's liek a movie lol!" jokes, slowly evolved into a serious religion of sorts. Some people also are not happy what MGS4 did to their beloved "post modern art" that is MGS2, as in explain and show what happened afterwards.
There has also been few but still present poor morons who STARTED the series with MGS4, and obviously were totally lost with the plot and characters.

Personally, I enjoyed it back in the day, still enjoy it today, and seriously consider it to be a fine tie for the then-existing loose ends. The MGO2 was great too, and now the fanbase has even managed to revive it.
>>
>"Spread your wings and fly"
MGS3 was by far the best.
>>
>>376028492
There was nothing brief about those.
>>
>>376028492
am i the only one that thinks 4 had an actual pretty great story and finisher to the long series? its just that the execution and appearances of certain people is what lowered its overall quality?
>>
>>376029797
MGS2*
>>376029886
I have never EVER seen anyone trying to defend MGS4 story and succeeding, it's an exercise in retcons and sloppy writing, they just take all loose plots and haphazardly join them together filling the resulting plotholes with "nanomachines"
>>
>>376029886
Nope, as I said in >>376029710, I thought it did marvelous job at what it set to do, even if Kojima was not allowed to go through with his original ending.

Yeah, the FOX = Lalilule felt like an asspull, partly because I'd not played Portable Ops (which could be considered the bigger evil and scapegoat here), but the melancholic emotions going through THE ending of a grand saga after so many years was definitely a memorable one.
>>
File: 1371444469031.jpg (71KB, 300x210px)
1371444469031.jpg
71KB, 300x210px
>>376030112
>it's "MGS2 fangirl tries to shit thread up" episode
>>
>>376030112
Now I could be forgetting, but I don't remember nanomachines being abused to wrap up the story as much as people say. In fact nanomachines make a lot of sense in the context of what mgs2's story was setting up.
>>
File: Ocelot WIG.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot WIG.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
ITS NOT OVER YET SNAKE
>>
>>376029710
MGS4 is fucking great, fuck the cucks that say otherwise.
>>
METAL GER ONLINE 2 REVIVAL FUCKING WHEN
>>
I hate every scene in MGS4 where Naomi is present, because she's a huge cunt in every single one of them, and she's somehow in most of the most important ones during the endgame, even after she was supposed to stay fucking dead. Her and Otacon absolutely deserve each other
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGOb1TcO-8o&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>376029710
I'm a full on mgs2 fag. It's my all time favorite game. I would be perfectly happy if mgs2 had remained the chronologically final game of the series, but I don't mind mgs4 at all.

I actually love the long cut scenes in 4, they feel like a reward for completing missions. And the ending of 4 is very cathartic and feels like a proper send off. It makes me cry like a bitch every time. I get why some other mgs2 fans don't like mgs4, but over all I think it's a great game and a good ending to the series. I still prefer the first 3, but those are all 10/10 games, so that isn't a knock against 4 at all, it just shows how next level the whole series is.

Also Solidus did nothing wrong.
>>
Raiden's character reveal is one of the best in video game history in my opinion.
>>
>>376028492
>Completely abhorrent OST
>Port is almost unplayable
>Story is almost nonexistent
>Gameplay is mediocre at best

Why does /v/ love this game? It's garbage
>>
File: 1493591763144.png (310KB, 1280x853px)
1493591763144.png
310KB, 1280x853px
>>376028492
holy FUCK that is one ugly kid
>>
LIQUIIIIIIIIID
>>
>>376033725
How the fuck did Kojima manage to keep basically the entirety of MGS2 a secret anyway? I mean, I was still using dial up back then, but it's not like the internet was something completely new and unknown.
>>
>>376034289
I meant in mgs4, but the switch up in mgs2 was great too. I understand why people might have been pissed though at the time, but I played it long after release so I didn't mind.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.