[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why couldn't Accord save the humanity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 37

File: Accord.png (800KB, 685x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Accord.png
800KB, 685x1084px
Why couldn't Accord save the humanity?
>>
She is trying her best, anon
>>
She's an observer. She's not allowed to interact beyond seeing how shit goes down. The same reason why Rachel couldn't just resolve everything in BlazBlue and those gods couldn't resolve everything in Gravity Rush.
>>
>>376028074
She walks too funny.
>>
>>376028251
>She's an observer. She's not allowed to interact beyond seeing how shit goes down. The same reason why Rachel couldn't just resolve everything in BlazBlue and those gods couldn't resolve everything in Gravity Rush.

Play DoD.
>>
She can and she will, and maybe already did when she helped Zero.
DoD4 needs to bring back Accord.

Maybe Nier Automata 2 will give us time machines and she will fix history.
>>
>>376028074
This artstyle looks like Terra battle.
>inb4 same artist faggtron
>>
File: Accord.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Accord.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>376028659
She's already in Nier Automata though, what stopped her from saving the humanity there?
>>
>>376029479

Her endgame is more "find a timeline where shit doesn't get fucked" rather than "unfuck shit from every timeline and hope for the best down the road"

The D3 Accord might be the first one to take matters into her own hands, but there is a lot on that plate and infinite timelines to cover.
>>
>>376029479
>saving the humanity there
Oh anon. You should at least play the first Nier.

Suppose that she did create the time machine in Automata's time. She would probably scan the timelines for distortions, and the big one is caused by the flower in DoD3. And this leads her to finding Zero in Drakengard 3.

She probably can't interfere with Nier's plot because ending E removes the happenings in that game from history and in the memories of everyone. And this is probably why she didn't interfere with the alien invasion too, no humans at that point. She simply could not create a timeline in Nier/ Automata where humans continue to exist.

In Automata, we find out that androids really love humans, because they seek purpose and their creators, unlike the machines who killed the aliens.

In Automata, she is the main supplier for the arms of the resistance and YoRHa. She would have amassed a lot of "G" in the 14 machine wars. Being incognito also prevents her time machine, cloning facility and mission from being found. She's pretty much set in Automata. But she still went to the past to try and save Zero. This must mean that Accord really wants a world with humans and androids, or maybe she just loves Zero. But that's just speculation.
>>
Because she's a shitty character.
>>
>>376030686
You are a shitty characer
>>
>>376030890
stay mad fag
>>
>>376030634
>She probably can't interfere with Nier's plot because ending E removes the happenings in that game from history and in the memories of everyone. And this is probably why she didn't interfere with the alien invasion too, no humans at that point. She simply could not create a timeline in Nier/ Automata where humans continue to exist.
Just because Nier deletes him from the existence it doesn't mean that Accord didn't see it and recorded it. He didn't even truly delete himself anyway.

The only thing she needed to do to save the humanity is to help the original Nier win just like she helped Zero.
>>
Given that Automata's ending is now canonically a happy one, i wonder if 9S can potentially create Accords later in timeline.
>>
>>376028074
DoD4 fucking when?
>>
>>376028538
Didn't she receive permission to act though? Zero was a particular singularity and screwing up all the timelines.

Though I wonder, how do Accords get poofed into a world? DoD3 takes place waaaay before everything so I wonder just how they're placed through time and how long they stick around.
>>
File: 1493838950398-1.png (243KB, 1728x2006px) Image search: [Google]
1493838950398-1.png
243KB, 1728x2006px
>>376030634
>In Automata, we find out that androids really love humans, because they seek purpose and their creators, unlike the machines who killed the aliens.
They are mostly programmed to love them, if you read the timeline you'd know that there's a group of androids who didn't care about the humanity and moved to Australia.

>In Automata, she is the main supplier for the arms of the resistance and YoRHa. She would have amassed a lot of "G" in the 14 machine wars. Being incognito also prevents her time machine, cloning facility and mission from being found. She's pretty much set in Automata. But she still went to the past to try and save Zero. This must mean that Accord really wants a world with humans and androids, or maybe she just loves Zero. But that's just speculation.

You seem to not understand how the time machine works. Accord in Automata is most likely already a time traveler considering which weapons she delivers.
>>
>>376031319
Lemme guess, this E3 or the next
>>
>>376031183
And then humanity gets destroyed by the aliens because Emil isn't there
>>
>>376031585
>Though I wonder, how do Accords get poofed into a world? DoD3 takes place waaaay before everything so I wonder just how they're placed through time and how long they stick around.

Same as queen beast teleported in our world.
>>
>>376031319
why the fuck do people like Drakengard? Nier, I get, but the Drakengard games are just shitty in all aspects.
>>
>>376031640
Source on this?

>Automata takes place over a few months

huh.
>>
>>376031721
Emil didn't stop the aliens at all, he was always useless.
Humanity could find a better way to defend themselves.
>>
>>376031640
Source on timeline?

>>376031765
I should have been clearer. My question is more of a means of "when" and not how. Does one stick around for 1000 years or so and pop out for maintenance? Stay solo for several hundred until needing assistance? Something like that.
>>
>>376028251
Rachel couldn't save humanity even if she tried because she's a punk ass bitch compared to the big players. She even gets her ass kicked several times during the main storypath.
>>
File: tb.png (222KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
tb.png
222KB, 500x497px
>>376028074
>Why couldn't X Save the humanity in a Drakenier game
Because the protagonist is the reason shit gets fucked in the first place.

>If Caim had never met up with his merry band of murderers the worst ending would have been DoD2. Or the Goddess ending if we're talking worst effect to in-game humanity
>DoD2 is specifically about tearing down the last defense man had because MUH NAZI TORTURE IS BAD
>DoD3 is damned if you do or damned if you don't. Either the flower lives and all of humanity gets salty or we get the Queen Mother and delaying the inevitable
>Nier is about actively killing the human race and all hope of survival because Liam O'Brian can't let a daughter down
>Nier 2 never had a chance
>>
>>376029479
This looks more like a Platinum game cutscene than a Cavia game cutscene.

t. never played DoD
>>
>>376031640
I just assume that Accord would live in the age of androids because she is an android. But Accord as an android traveling from an unknown point in time is a valid theory too.

I just assume that since Accord take a large role in Automata by being the arms supplier, she isn't doing that for time travel reasons, hence she must be doing it to amass "G". The ancient flyer you find in the ravine outside the commercial facility also shows that Accord has been selling weapons to fight the machines for a very long time. So clearly she wasn't just selling weapons for 2B and 9S.

If Accord was in the business of altering timelines in Automata, no doubt we would have at least seen her with Anemone, Commander or 9S. In DoD3 her time travel shenanigans with Zero was observational but in order to enact actual changes in the time line she went face to face with Zero.
>>
File: C_Ep2xwVYAUXWti.jpg (406KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
C_Ep2xwVYAUXWti.jpg
406KB, 1920x1280px
>>376032208
>Source on timeline?
>>376031905
>Source on this?
Official strategy guide.
>>
>>376031942
Emil didn't stop them, but he held them back. And he's got access to magic and immortality. Humanity got rekt by WCS and red eyes. I don't think they could have handled the aliens.
>>
>>376031942
He literally sends the aliens back by himself anon. Didn't listen to the drama cd?
>>
>>376031183

True
Maybe she couldn't interfere with Nier because if humanity doesn't go extinct the timeline where she gets created doesn't happen

I mean it quite literally leads to a society of human-worshipping androids, who else but such a people would want to create a time-lord android whos only purpose is to "save humanity" by unfucking them in time?
Maybe even Automata is leading there and she just made sure it still does.
>>
>>376032458
>I just assume that Accord would live in the age of androids because she is an android. But Accord as an android traveling from an unknown point in time is a valid theory too.

Accord says she's from "Old World" that is known in DoD.
Even if she was constructed by the other androids from our world it doesn't connect her to the old world, that would require a time loop with future Nier androids being the same ancestors in DoD world.
>>
>>376032526
>I don't think they could have handled the aliens.
You know Emil and Halua are what they are because people made them that way, right? Humanity couldn't deal with WCS which is basically magic, a conventional threat like space-penis aliens could have been an entirely different story if they had managed to get rid of WCS beforehand.
>>
>>376032526
>Emil didn't stop them, but he held them back. And he's got access to magic and immortality.
Machines conquered at least 80% of Earth so Emil failed to fight them anyway.
WCS wouldn't be an issue of the project Gestalt succeeded.
>>
File: 42310736.jpg (44KB, 400x502px) Image search: [Google]
42310736.jpg
44KB, 400x502px
>>376032480
I feel like I'm the only one reacting to Nier having the first or rather only black singer to do a theme for a JRPG. Unless I'm mistaken.

>>376032286
I often ponder what could be done to prevent their universes from decaying. Like, changing a single event that would solve Red Eyes, the flower and everything else supernatural and bent on destroying humanity cause it seemed like a cool idea.
>>
>>376032775
Well yeah, but keep in mind that the English translation of the "Intel" tab in Automata literally puts her weapon shop advertisement under "Data on the Old World".

Go play Automata now if you don't believe me. There were 14 machine wars. That's thousands of years. At some point they must distinguish what they regard "old world" as.

We don't really know if the old world of Drakengard 1 and 2 will have a high tech future or if humans there would even make it that far, because they have magic and gods fuck them over all the time.
And if they did make that bright future happen, that would mean Accord would have succeeded in her mission to find an unfucked timeline. And this means she would have been created already. And since she exist, she can't have come from the timeline she herself is trying to create.
>>
>>376032898
>if they had managed to get rid of WCS beforehand.
That's a major "if" though.

>>376032954
>WCS wouldn't be an issue of the project Gestalt succeeded.
This is relying on something that went horribly wrong going right, which it didn't.
>>
>>376032898

Emil and Halua are a great point on why humanity died out though.
On the verge of extinction due to a virus, they made a dumbass survival system that relied on several singular points with no failsafes and they also spent half their time developing weapons they couldn't control like Halua.

Humans were dumb as shit, androids are better in all ways in the end.
>>
>>376033280
Delete Zero
No, seriously. Assuming the flower never latched on to anyone else there wouldn't be a problem.
>No Bro-One to start the cult of the watchers to try and end the world
>No Queen Mother to cause the death of humanity of two worlds
>No pacts to multiply the murder power of everyday people
The worst we get is a medieval world with monsters and aliens stopping by in the year 5012. By then humanity should be able to handle them anyway assuming we didn't die out naturally
>>
>>376033280
>>376032286

Shit I always thought dod3 ending D is that, but I guess broOne survived there too...
>>
>>376033740
>Androids are better
>Get fucking rekt by aliens for millenia
>>
File: 1491445079476.jpg (94KB, 600x679px) Image search: [Google]
1491445079476.jpg
94KB, 600x679px
>>376033859
>Assuming the flower never latched on to anyone else

This is a huge assumption.
>>
File: empire.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
empire.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>376033859
Actually how technological is the Drakengard universe?

Like they're shown to be on an airship sort of level, and the empire is actually a modern looking city.
>>
>>376033949

They survived and evolved from it though.
Humanity got rekt by a simple virus and a dumb plan that - relied on androids, and failed because of human shortsightedness and technically also "humans" as a sentient replicant is basically that.
>>
File: 1490567928941.jpg (242KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490567928941.jpg
242KB, 800x800px
>>376033859
>Delete Zero
What are you gay?
>>
File: concept2.jpg (164KB, 1389x648px) Image search: [Google]
concept2.jpg
164KB, 1389x648px
>>376033418
I remember what N:A says about old world records, I'm telling you that the old world mentioned in DoD 3 was clearly meant in context of their own local "old world" Cathedral location.
It does look like the ruins of our own world with commieblocks and shit so it wouldn't surprise me that 2 worlds are looping and the future androids or machines or both are the same ones from DoD's old world.
>>
>>376034120
I still don't quite get what was stopping a replicant from being a normal human.

Once a gestalt 'fuses' with their replicant, they become true humans. But the gestalt is just the soul. What about the gestalt makes their replicant dick work?
>>
>>376033859
>Assuming the flower never latched on to anyone else there wouldn't be a problem.

But thats a big assumption.
Zero wasn't really a problem, in fact she was a solution, other people (like the sisters) could have just abused their newfound immortality and watcher-summoning powers to spread and cause more chaos, while Zero was a person who would've contained it or ended it if she could.

One was the problem, the dumb bitch
>oh yeah I agree with you Zero we all have to die
>except the secret bro i made, he is okay
>>
>>376034054
>>376034124
Fair. What about delete flower then?
>>376034073
I can't remember where I heard this so I don't know how true it is but Something something spacequake caused a city from our world to warp to Drakengard's world Pre-DoD3. Might have something to do with the flower or something but I don't really know dick about it. Everything after that was probably made by using the pre-existing tech and throwing in magic for good measure. Cool how the Empire might have been in Empire City though.
>>
>>376034318

I guess theres no passing along and mixing of genetics because that information was entirely contained in the Gestalt.
We keep saying "gestalt is just the soul" but its clearly not.
>>
File: 1482605341772.jpg (236KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482605341772.jpg
236KB, 600x800px
>>376034259
>2 worlds are looping

wasn't this implied with Three knowing what "Spanish" is and Accord's short story about weapon stories?

Since D3 I've considered it blatant that the Drakengard/Nier universes are just an ouroboros of unfortunate events, shitting on each other for eternity.
>>
>>376034120
>They survived and evolved from it though.
They survived only because machines let them.

>>376034318
>I still don't quite get what was stopping a replicant from being a normal human.

Black Scrawl and relapse
>>
>>376029479
Because it's when she was created.
>>
>>376034525
>They survived only because machines let them.

Not at the beginning, not at all, the machines needed to evolve too to get to their current point and even in Automata they might have gotten rekt if theres no backdoor.
Hell they DID get rekt in ending C, even with the backdoor advantage.
>>
File: Zero Crest and Caim Pact seal.png (123KB, 561x381px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Crest and Caim Pact seal.png
123KB, 561x381px
Remember when we found out that Zero's Intoner crest was suspiciously close to Caim's pact mark and were ready to learn more about her relation with pacts

and then nothing happened
>>
>>376034371
>Fair. What about delete flower then?

Well duh, but then theres not even a story anymore is there.
>>
File: 43139990_big_p5.png (107KB, 450x550px) Image search: [Google]
43139990_big_p5.png
107KB, 450x550px
>>376034510
>Drakengard/Nier universes are just an ouroboros of unfortunate events, shitting on each other for eternity.
Seems about right. There's also the effects of completing multiple endings like one of the red girls appearing after fighting Adam and Eve in B.

I honestly wish I could wrap my head around how time works in their universes. If it's not one thing, it's another that somehow affects something that was supposed to happen in the past by being in the future.
>>
>>376031861
it pushes the envelope of acceptable characters and circumstances, earning a cult following
>>
>>376034938

Taro would rather expand the clusterfuck, rather than make sense of it. I really thought we'd get some direct pointer towards Accords creation in Automata, but nope, she is just supplying the weapons while Adam wears and eerily resembling outfit.
>>
File: 1483351263918.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483351263918.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>376034923

>that one ending where she just invents pact magic

HOW/WHY

AAAA

I love these games but at the same time I hate how there's so much missing information.
>>
>>376034923
Remember when we saw that Eve's tattoos suspiciously took form into the cult of the watchers and were ready to learn more about his relation with drakengard

and then nothing happened

>it's just old world data
>>
>>376033740
>a virus
WCS isn't "a virus" in any way, it's a magic particle. Contact with it forces people into a pact with a god which wants to kill humanity. It's not an actual virus in any way.
>they also spent half their time developing weapons they couldn't control like Halua
They didn't make her knowing she'd go berserk. As you can plainly see Emil turned out fine in the end.

>>376033654
>That's a major "if" though.
That's not even the point. The point is the fight against the aliens would've been a military conflict. The "fight" against WCS itself is completely unrelated. It's not Legion which wiped out humanity, it's the nature of WCS which caused everything, i.e. a malevolent god's will appearing as a disease. Dying to WCS has nothing to do with military potential, which a fight with aliens would've been about.
>>
File: 1401395032918.jpg (241KB, 1234x800px) Image search: [Google]
1401395032918.jpg
241KB, 1234x800px
>>376035504

I was more concerned that the only person I can remember getting BLACKED like that was Gismor.
>>
>>376035649
>As you can plainly see Emil turned out fine in the end.
Not from the Aerie's point of view....
>>
>>376035649
>It's not an actual virus in any way

Except how it operates and spreads in every way, which is why calling it a virus works fine, end results being whatever.

They did make her expecting her to be unstable - Emil himself was the "backup plan" to keep her under control if it happened, which it did, and Emil suppressed her. The oddity of the two of them merging and actually creating a fully stable "Ultimate weapon" is hardly something the dumb humans playing with magic-fire expected.
>>
File: DOD14yearoldssong.jpg (892KB, 1257x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DOD14yearoldssong.jpg
892KB, 1257x1920px
>>376035350
>I love these games but at the same time I hate how there's so much missing information.
The story and side info is what keeps me hooked, but I want to shake Taro every time he leaves a story hole gaping open and lining it with trim.

I think DoD has the most complete compilation of information because you know the status of the world, you know everyone's mental state and how they lived, and the manga/novellas have all kinds of information on their daily lives like Song of a fourteen year old

Inuart was pretty cute before he tried to go medieval chad.
>>
>>376035350

It was really a big WHY moment
>I have to die to kill this flower thing
>oh no muh dragon
>I guess I'll forfeit my original purpose instantly now and have him carry this weight

Just once I'd wish a Taro game not limited by time and budget would happen, because so many damn things seem like they make no sense because stuff was cut.
>>
>>376035863
>calling it a virus works fine
Not really, it's completely nonsensical. Maso particles are magic dust, why the fuck would you use the word "virus" for dust?
>They did make her expecting her to be unstable
That's conjecture. They had failed multiple times before and knew things could go wrong, having a backup plan is simply good sense when dealing with something that's potentially extremely dangerous. That doesn't mean they were expecting her to be unstable, they were experimenting and knew risk existed.

>>376035831
They *did* form a huge, hostile Shade and attacked him and his friends beforehand though. Can't blame him for striking back or even say it was a bad decision based on the information he had at the time.
>>
File: 1437695410204.jpg (47KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1437695410204.jpg
47KB, 854x480px
>>376036647

>tfw you are not a real life warlock who can cast lifedrain on shitty series that make money to redirect into taro's retarded anime shit games that you like

Why even live to be honest

Mikhail looked cute with that flower in his eye though.
>>
>>376036757

Because it spreads and affects people like an airborne virus. What the fuck is so hard to understand about that?

You know "they knew things could go wrong" literally means its unstable right, its not stable, it cannot be expected to work as intended always, thats what it means.
Its not a backup plan, it was another weapon created solely to contain the one before, except unlike Halua, Emil was stable.
>>
>>376036910

I felt bad for him.
He is barely a kid-dragon and now he is an undead-immortal dragon thing.
How does that even work, if only dragon kills the flower, having a flower infused dragon sounds like quite possibly the only thing actually worse than the flower itself.
He could go right ahead and befriend Emil, the other fusion of the two powers who is bound to suffer forever, then atleast they'd wouldn't be alone anymroe.
>>
>>376034751
>Not at the beginning, not at all, the machines needed to evolve too to get to their current point and even in Automata they might have gotten rekt if theres no backdoor.

Didn't look like 100 Yorha units had great success on the ground against EMP machines.
>>
>>376034694
>Because it's when she was created.
[citation needed]
>>
>>376037298

Well the grunts fucked up but then the machines knew everything about the operation beforehand, pretty easy to trap them that way.
A2 alone fucked them over though. It was basically a race of evolution, and the machines were obviously at their strongest in Automata, from that point on they are too smart to keep working as a singular networked entity, according to what happened to N2 and now even what the strategy guide says above.
>>
File: 1396699977017.gif (619KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1396699977017.gif
619KB, 500x280px
>>376037261
>tfw eternity hurts
Only part of the game to make me cry.
>>
>>376037024
>You know "they knew things could go wrong" literally means its unstable right, its not stable
That's retarded, by your definition literally everything is unstable. I guess cars, planes, trains are "unstable" by your definition because a risk of failure exists and accidents happen, right? Risk exists in fucking everything you do.

>>376037024
>What the fuck is so hard to understand about that?
It's hard to understand why you want to call it a virus when it's LITERALLY dust, small particles of the Giant's body. Do you call radioactive dust from nuclear accidents "a virus" too because it can spread through the air and fuck you up?

Why the fuck call it a virus? It's actually, literally dust from whatever material the Giant/Queen was made of.
>>
File: 1409542304788.png (35KB, 620x837px) Image search: [Google]
1409542304788.png
35KB, 620x837px
>>376037024
>except unlike Halua, Emil was stable.

I feel that they could have avoided the whole Halua/previous experiments going bonkers situation if they hadn't been such shitty assholes about the experiments.

In The Stone Flower, Halua tries very hard to make sure Emil has a childhood and is blind (lol) to most of the skeezy shit going on in the lab, which is why he's pretty docile. When she transforms she can identify who she is killing and doesn't care. She only stops when Emil shows up.

>>376037261

IIRC this branch was altered to be what actually leads to "our" Drakengard 1--in the D3 Novella bro-One shows up an mercs child Zero (who is confirmed as a child and not just a voice in Mikhail's head), instantly killing them both because "lol pact magic"

this fucking game...
>>
File: 61098654.gif (1MB, 1491x1080px) Image search: [Google]
61098654.gif
1MB, 1491x1080px
>>376035350
>I love these games but at the same time I hate how there's so much missing information.
People think Taro is such a master mind who ties everything in his universe but in reality he never even planned to make a universe and his game have shit ton of loose ends.

That one fiasco with Eve's tattoo and the way Taro explained it is one of the recent ones.
People thought it's some epic connection to the Watchers but in reality it was just a character designer who thought it would be cool to make Eve more remarkable. Taro's explanation of it was pretty dumb too:

>He has those markings to imitate humans, based on what’s recorded in humanity’s past information. Adam told him to get those markings, and to Eve, those markings are like a keepsake from his brother, so he tried very hard to keep those markings, but when he goes berserk, he couldn’t maintain the shape of those markings anymore.

What records? Humans didn't even know about the cult in our world, it never existed here. How would they know about the symbol of the cult that was operating in a different dimension?
>>
>>376031861
>implying Platinum games retooling Scalebound into DoD4 wouldn't be great

It's not like Nier wasn't atrocious in some aspects too. Yoko Taro just needs to partner up with PG again.
>>
So is Accord part of the android Illuminati faction?
>>
>>376038428
>It's not like Nier wasn't atrocious in some aspects too
Yeah, definitely. The first Nier got a few things right but everything else is either crap or mediocre at best.
>>
>>376037690

Wow you are sure one fucking assmad retard who couldn't take a step back from his opinion.

I don't see a second "fire-and-explosion extinguisher car" following every car on the road, becuase those risks are reduced to neglible probability, hence the term "stable".
With Halua the risks are way higher probability, so it is unstable, But I'm not sure why I explain even more common-sense tier sit to a person who would rather kill himself than be wrong at any level.

Also, kill yourself.
>>
>>376032224
Only because her powers kept getting weaker because she was interacting so much with Ragna and Noel.
>>
File: 10073.jpg (212KB, 800x762px) Image search: [Google]
10073.jpg
212KB, 800x762px
>>376038248
>he never even planned to make a universe and his game have shit ton of loose ends.
Sounds a lot like Kingdom Hearts which was originally just supposed to be a single game. However, in Taro's case I can see it as him having potential ideas, scrapping them because he can't say no to other people, and leaving them on standby for usage later. Like DoD4 in which you would have to find the plot to DoD3. I'm sure elements from it were integrated elsewhere.
>>
>Complain about DoD1
>Bro your supposed to feel that way

I thought I was supposed to enjoy murder instead
>>
>>376038248

Actually I found his explanation interesting because I'm one of those faggots with the Watcher theories about it

He took the markings/tattoo from human data, fine it looks like a tattoo you could actually fine on a human today - but only when he went out of control did it actually form the Watcher's symbol, so it was not intentional to show that symbol, but maybe coming from something inherent to him/them/machine-lifeforms.
>>
>>376038561
>becuase those risks are reduced to neglible probability, hence the term "stable"
Who the fuck made you the arbiter who decides what an acceptable risk is when your species is literally being wiped out from existence?
>With Halua the risks are way higher probability
Where do you get this? How do you know? Did you even read the novella about her? She wasn't even insane or berserk really, more like confused, scared and didn't know what she was doing or was capable of. They were in a completely desperate situation and experimented with magic, despite knowing it wasn't 99.99998% safe. Their backup plan also worked, clearly they had some idea what they were doing and prepared the correct contingency.
>Also, kill yourself.
Kindly lead by example.
>>
>>376038248
>>376038612

Also thats actually how it is, he said he had 3 games worth of story thought up for Nier, and only one got into it, and even that was cut slightly atleast.
He thinks up all this crap and then makes games from small bits of it, leaving us with huge blank holes.

Probably while he turns his ideas into games he changes them a lot, which is why the big meta-story doesn't fit together as nicely as it should.
>>
File: 1405882074641.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1405882074641.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>376038248
>People think Taro is such a master mind who ties everything in his universe but in reality he never even planned to make a universe and his game have shit ton of loose ends.

This is annoyingly true.

I still can't get over how good Weiss' "blood is sound, sound are words, and words are power" line is in relation to how magic has gone down in this world. Next entry is about powerful singing bitches. The Queen Beast's attack is called a song. Some things just tie together well enough that I give him the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>376039118

The very situation proves it.
You need to go and look up the definition of unstable you monkey.
>confused, scared and didn't know what she was doing or was capable of
So...unstable?

You are so retarded it hurts. Keep trucking that denial,
>>
>>376039268

WHAT DO THE DOVES MEAN TARO
EXPLAIN YOURSEEEEEEELF
>>
>>376039423
>The very situation proves it.
Really? How so? Because having a backup sure as fuck doesn't. Everything important has a backup. Do go ahead and explain in detail, I hope you can do that as well as you can spout ad hominem.
>>
>>376039587

>create a human weapon
>create another human weapon just to contain it

Thats not a "backup", its a failsafe, a very very big one.

You defined her as unstable yourself but its ok to ignore that? She WAS unstable, she went out of control, she had to be contained, the very story proves it. Why is it so terribly beyond you to admit to this? Is this discussion the most important thing in your life right now?
You ignore everything that proves this and just keep going off on tangents where your "point" is not completely destroyed.
>>
File: Devopops.jpg (136KB, 579x802px) Image search: [Google]
Devopops.jpg
136KB, 579x802px
>Nier mentions how it's weird that Devola sings a song she doesn't know about, called "Song of the Ancients"
>all these references about the Ancients, but we only know they are part of the Old World

What could they be?
>>
>Guys, we have a problem. We need a superweapon but none of us wants to be mutated into one
>Why don't we just abduct an Orphan?
>What if it tries to fight back?
>You're right. Lets mutate TWO Orphans, brother and sister! That way there's no way it'll try and rebel against us
Humanity deserved to die for its stupidity.
>>
>>376040324

>mentions
You mean calls her literally dumb for doing it.
I love papa Nier.
>>
File: 554.jpg (72KB, 707x129px) Image search: [Google]
554.jpg
72KB, 707x129px
http://yorhaunitjhei.imgur.com/

Koda I know you read that, time to translate the concert script.
>>
>>376040326
>Humanity deserved to die for its stupidity.

tfw they succesfully implemented the same stupidity in their creations

>hey lets use machine cores to manufacture androids since none of us wants to die pointlessly
>Why don't we put them in weapons too without understanding how they work?
>>
>>376028074
She doesn't need to. The androids the inheritors of human nature.
>>
File: 1473436816091.jpg (158KB, 514x796px) Image search: [Google]
1473436816091.jpg
158KB, 514x796px
>>376040450
Papa Nier is the ultimate dumbass though.
>>
>>376039906
>You defined her as unstable yourself but its ok to ignore that?
The whole fucking discussion is about humans knowing *BEFOREHAND* she would be unstable. You said they were expecting her to be unstable, that's what you need to argue, not that she's a failed experiment which is plainly obvious. Before you backpedal, you said this here:
>>376035863
>They did make her expecting her to be unstable

That's what you need to prove, that they made her while expecting her to be unstable. So show me that. The existence of a failsafe doesn't mean jack shit, plenty of things have failsafes and backup measures in place despite being incredibly stable and having very low failure rates. As long as the danger of uncontained failure is high, failsafes and backups exist even for things which are very stable and highly reliable, so the fact that they made Emil says absolutely nothing about how stable they expected Halua to be. The only thing it says is that they had a healthy respect for magic and were aware of the danger.

I don't ignore shit, you shift the goalpost around to suit you and ignore what you've said in your earlier post.
>>
File: 1460928825170.jpg (123KB, 437x585px) Image search: [Google]
1460928825170.jpg
123KB, 437x585px
>>376041249

He is the best dumbass though.
>>
>>376041290

>the failsafe to a human weapon is a human weapon

More doesn't need to be said, its like your failsafe to a fire breaking out is causing another fire that could be nearly as dangerous, it absolutely implies the expectation of instability.
Now fuck yourself, you are a terrible fucking person, you couldn't in your life accept being wrong on a fucking anonymous website, you must be insufferable IRL, which is probably why this is so important to you, nobody engages you IRL anymore, and probably not often on here either since you are a beaming asshat.
>>
File: Nier Replicant.png (252KB, 599x617px) Image search: [Google]
Nier Replicant.png
252KB, 599x617px
>>376041343
I wonder how Emils mind works.
At the end of his sidequest he's at his original mindstate despite his tens of thousands of clones. His newer ones tend to be more like his Nier 1 self, but before the end, the things he said were really mature. I'd like to think if he fused back, he'd turn out like Beepy at the end of Fire of Prometheus or be a lot more hardened.
>>
>>376041585
No, I just work IRL with things which have to be highly stable and reliable and know what lengths people go to in order to ensure very bad shit doesn't happen, even when the chance of something going wrong is actually very low and the stakes are much lower than life and death (financial transactions in my case).

You clearly have no clue, since the mere existence of a backup measure already implies disaster and instability to you.
>>
>>376041921

I like to think theres thousands of happy-go-lucky Emils out there, somehow its better than a single ever-suffering one fully aware of his own endless suffering.
>>
>>376042189
>the mere existence of a backup measure already implies disaster and instability to you.

No, the mere existence of a backup measure just as drastic as the original itself.
Back to my point: kill yourself.
>>
>>376042225
I want to agree, but they'll still keep living until the end of time. If they split themselves further, they wont have a single shred of the original and would- by DrakeNier universe rules, likely go insane and have a crisis at some point.
>>
>>376042307
>just as drastic as the original itself
Clearly not the case, Emil is a boy who can turn people to stone, not a weapon which can potentially wipe out entire cities at the very least.
>Back to my point: kill yourself.
Again, lead by example.
>>
>>376040324
I will never get over Devola's delivery when she meets Weiss.
>>
>>376042548

Losing all his memories is the only way Emil can "die", which is a mercy if you ask me.
Maybe they can just make new ones and survive on that, no need to split themselves further.

>>376042583

Tell that to all the "statues" in his mansion.
>>
She totally abandoned the Nier universe.
>>
File: 1f914.png (2KB, 45x45px) Image search: [Google]
1f914.png
2KB, 45x45px
So, is Automata happening in like, east coast of Us/Canada or Greenland/Iceland?
>>
>>376042843
>abandoned ]
>supplies weapons
>resistance member literally refers to her by name
She just pops in, maybe records something interesting, reports to whoever she reports to, and pops out.

>>376043161
It's still Japan. The earth is tilted on a different axis so I believe the US is in eternal night time while Japan and the surrounding area are in eternal day.
>>
>>376043161
No. North and South America are called "Country of the Night" due eternal darkness.

Nier us most likely happening in Japan or asia in general
>>
>>376043161
Tokyo

>>376042843
She didn't, she supplies weapons to the Resistance camp shop.
>>
>>376043339
>>376043336
>>376043513

But, there's that one scene where you're entering the atmosphere after the space station explodes and they're clearly heading for that region of the world.
>>
Drakengard 2 had the best possible ending for humanity. Unless that doesn't count
>>
>>376043556
Well I remember that the first Nier happened in Tokyo (don't remember the source, it was in some out of game material). In Automata you find the ruins of Facade in the desert, so it has to be happening in the same area, though millennia later. There are also some things you can find which mention Japanese names of places and people, so it has to be in Japan in any case.
>>
>>376043782
Is DoD2 counted as canon?
>>
>>376043556
I noticed that too. I believe we flew right over Florida.

>>376043782
It does and doesn't. It's included, or referenced rather, in DoD3. Yet at the same time, Taro wasn't involved as director.

>>376043860
The intel files have Japanese companies and businesses. I think the only thing that makes it ambiguous is that the architecture of the ruins tells you absolutely nothing aside from being a city scape and there isn't any text aside from the intel files. You can't find any rusted signs with English or Japanese and the robots/androids seem to have an auto translate built in. Which is why Adam and Eve can read the bible but it doesn't say which version even. (King James most likely.)
>>
>>376043998

No, since Taro didn't direct or write it.
>>
>>376044228
It is actually. Its part if the official timeline
>>
>>376044923

It has to be becuase its part of the franchise, which is owned by SE and dictated by SE, they'd never be okay with "thats actually not a real Drakengard game" since they just want to sell, and they can compel Taro to include it, as he did, because he is just a contractor/employee.
>>
File: ancap emil.png (60KB, 495x570px) Image search: [Google]
ancap emil.png
60KB, 495x570px
>>376035831
>Not from the Aerie's point of view....

Emil did nothing wrong.
>>
>>376032458
Make sure not to conflate Automata's androids with Accord. Every android that was built as part of YoRHa initially is not really an android at all seeing as how they're made from biological components salvaged from the machines, which are heavily implied to be related to the fucking flower seeing as how the "aliens" that made them are plant like and how you can find the Watcher emblem on their shit, specifically Eve. The Alien invasion was probably just some production of the Watchers/Angels related to fucking Flower God.
>>
File: news_xlarge_BG2015vol1.jpg (180KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
news_xlarge_BG2015vol1.jpg
180KB, 640x920px
>>376045320
What is with Taro and massive civilization meltdowns? Red Eyes, D3 had pretty much the effect of the song like with Two's DLC, relapse, Logic Virius, THIS CANNOT CONTINUE/BECOME AS GODS.

I need to read Thou shall not die some time but I recall chapter 1 being just as bad.
>>
So what is the endgame of the Flower? Are Flowers randomly scattered through the Universe (like dandelion seeds in the wind) until they happen upon a world where they call their aylmao masters to scavenge resources?
>>
>>376045913

Doesn't necessarily mean they are "not androids", using machine cores for their energy source doesn't necessitate that the connection is full force and unchanged, it wouldn't be out there for Taro to make the flowers power work against itself in the end.
If we consider the aliens as connected to the Watchers and accomplishing their bidding, then this technically already happened, since Emil himself is made using the demonic element, and uses it to fight them off at first.
>>
>>376047116
I'm just saying Accord is definitely not made with flower power and in Automata there are references to the androids that WERE made with alium parts were made as such so that they would be expendable.

YoRHa units are basically just the same thing as Adam and Eve that don't know they're part of the network even until its too late.
>>
>>376047441

I think we can't say "definitely", or atleast I don't see what would disprove it. And they are definitely not "just the same thing" as Adam and Eve, they are not part of the network by default, more just compatible.
On how easily they can be infected seems vague but the fact that A2 could destroy so much of the network and they couldn't stop her tells me that they cannot make forceful takeovers with them like they can do with machines.

Though in the end the network itself just ends up seeming to work in the same vague-as-fuck way as the red eye plague originally did - where Inuart can just snap out of it with no explanation whatsoever, in Automata Pascal avoids being forcefully re-connected too somehow.
>>
>>376047441
>Accord is definitely not made with flower power
One fact to back this up is that she time traveled to Zero's time just to stop said flower in the time when it physically manifested in the world. She even physically went against it during the Final Song.

So from that we can confirm that Accord would do anything to stop the flower, even die, and that she has much to gain from the flower being removed, and because she benefits from doing that, she very likely has no flower bits inside her.

I wonder what her time travel bits are made out of though. Ooh.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (73KB, 906x987px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
73KB, 906x987px
Now that I think about it, why don't 9S or A2 hate the pods? Is it because they're YorHa property? They're essentially little boxes that are non crazy AI away from being like the machine life forms.

Or is it perhaps they weren't connected to the aliens in any way? I'm sure the robots are capable of building their own pods. 9S seems like he would freak out if a robot made something like pic related based off data of the concept of having small pets.

>>376047812
>Inuart can just snap out of it with no explanation whatsoever
Willpower/obsession?
>>
>>376047812
>>376047873
Guys I think the only piece of evidence you really need is that she's not a YoRHa type and only YoRHa types were made with plant parts.

There were definitely androids of another kind made prior to YoRHa as the data mentioning how YoRHa was conceived was authored by said androids. YoRHa is just a bunch of plant androids made by other androids to be expendable units as part of their plan. On a surface level it's just Earth androids co-oping enemy technology from the aliens/watchers/whatever they were.

No other plans were mentioned for the plant androids so I don't see why we can't assume that they're the only group of androids made from plant parts.
>>
Grimoir Noir mentions androids performing a ritual to open up a portal to send back the Queen's Maso. Maybe such ritual/ technology is how According can go Drakengard wold. Not sure about the different timelines though
>>
>>376046921

I'm kind of getting an Evangelion "you got your chocolate on my peanut butter planet" vibe from the Watcher-Human conflict.
>>
>>376047873

Why not?
You said the most critical thing there - she is ready to even die to accomplish the task, so what if accomplishing the task also leads to her death as a flower-derivative android? Is there really a big difference?

She is an android, and from Automata we certainly know that despite their sentience - they absolutely can be programmed to follow directives (humanity obsession for Yorha, endless pity and self-deprecation for DevPop), even ones with only negative effects to themselves, so killing the source of your "life" could work too. Hell, she doesn't even need to know she is powered by it, just like Yorha didn't know, she just needs to accomplish the task - and she would only find out when its too late - that is, if Time and Branches worked so simply that killing the flower in one would negate it in all the rest.

>>376048180

Its never quite explained what powers a Pod I guess, I'm guessing they are real, albeit simple AI for assistance, that gains its power from the user's Black Box, so they wouldn't be directly connected to the machines.

And yeah, its "willpower overcomes anything" basically, just like willpower made Pods sentient. The point is that the "network" is not as strict as it seems, that something in relation to it is permanently connected and under its thumb.

>>376048453

We can't just assume that, because Accord is a timelord, she easily could've been manufactured in the future, where they easily could've adapted machine-cores again to power androids, or adapt them in a different "safer" way, or anything of that type. she doesn't necessarily have to be Yorha - though she has the figure if you ask me.
>>
>>376048893
I'm pretty sure the machine cores do more than "power" them because it's probably what makes them susceptible to the logic virus/machine network in the first place and part of what makes them disposable. Plus, it's their biological components.

Accord is willing to die for her mission, true, but her mission itself is not the kind of thing you need a disposable android made from cheap soviet alien parts for so if you already had quite functional androids before YoRHa, or if you were to make better ones after YoRHa, I don't see any reason to use machine cores.

>she doesn't necessarily have to be Yorha - though she has the figure if you ask me.
Brown hair and walks like a Boston Dynamics bot.
>>
>>376049456
>I'm pretty sure the machine cores do more than "power" them because it's probably what makes them susceptible to the logic virus/machine network in the first place and part of what makes them disposable. Plus, it's their biological components.

White has no machine core and got infected as well because she was connected to the server.
>>
File: 1446487801765.png (764KB, 500x718px) Image search: [Google]
1446487801765.png
764KB, 500x718px
>>376048893
>flower-derivative android?
Her mission is to find the timeline where the flower doesn't mess up the future and humans and androids can co-exist. The second part; humans AND androids, is true because she wants to save humans too, as we've seen from her affections for Zero, whom she initially just wanted to observe. All the Accord clones and herself dying means nobody would pass the information gained from her mission, and it means nobody knows of the dimensional coordinates and date of the timeline where she succeeded. Like in DoD3 ending D.
If nobody gets the records of her sorties, either herself or her buddies, then doesn't that mean the androids are back to square one/ mission failed?

Suppose that she succeeds in her mission of finding the timeline without the flower. Androids would then try to enter it and associate with the humans there. It would be safe to assume that no android with flower parts will be allowed in, because it would jeopardize all their efforts and potentially bring WCS to the safe timeline.

The one android to scout this timeline will be Accord.

And I do not believe her superiors will send a Watcher time bomb to nuke all the timelines safe from the flower.
And just as I say that, watch them make her into a "lalalalala, lalalalala the watchers" transport vehicle. Yamero!
>>
>>376049456

Well no, they are specifically made into their power source. I believe even regular non-Yorha androids are also susceptible to a logic virus infection.
The concept of "this is inferior tech and its okay for disposable droids" is an obvious misconception made when they thought up Yorha, they thought them lesser - but Automata obviously proves that they are not at all lesser, and they are certainly very very powerful and capable, pretty much every Resistance android mentions how powerful Yorha androids are so it absolutely seems to be beyond what regular human-android tech can provide, atleast at the time of Automata.

And I think we could even argue if making a massive timelord army to destroy the flower - that "self-destructs" once it is done is not the ideal way - what do you do with an army of timelords who have no purpose now? Wouldn't that be cruel? Doing to them the very thing Yorha was meant to save regular androids from? Purposeless and aimless?

The comment on the looks is just a joke, she is just hot with a nearly toobie idealized figure desu, just a less attractive dress.
>>
File: classy.jpg (249KB, 869x1254px) Image search: [Google]
classy.jpg
249KB, 869x1254px
>>376050165
>Androids would then try to enter it and associate with the humans there.
Well, then it's just a matter of which universe did this happen in already. Time is wonky and thus, past can meet future in the case of Zero, the cathedral city, and ending E.

I think Taro should reel in the new concepts and go off of this. DoD5, with DoD4 acting as Nier 3. Base it in a time where you explore how the best possible situations go horribly wrong and you find where DoD4 went.

The noble machines in the far future will just be robo French Revolution with all the weirdness that is Innocent and I can't see going anywhere interesting aside from civil war and everyone tearing themselves apart again.
>>
>>376050165

Data can be recovered even with a bunch of kamikaze androids in use, like Yorha, no reason why a system like the Pods couldn't be in place for her too. I see no reason to think that flower derivative machines or androids or their in-betweens couldn't be "trusted". Pascal exists, maybe in the future where they are obviously aware of the flower they can isolate its "negative effects", if theres any left once the virus/network is not present.

I think its a recurring theme by now that neither the form taken, or the source of a being defines its intentions, atleast on some level a sentient being can over come all this through sheer willpower.
Shades are sourced from humans and yet turned into monsters, our 3 automata protags are sourced from the flower/the machines and are more human than anything, can't even being with the Pods.

The mentioned timeline, if anything, would be Taro's utopia, where the living things finally learn to look past the origin, the form, and learn to learn about eachother, instead of making decisions like "you can't come because of your powersource".
>>
Q16. Why are emotions prohibited for YoRHa?
There are two reasons for that. First, during the descent operation depicted in the YoRHa stage play (that A2 participated in), A2 went into hiding after the battle due to emotions. Because of that, emotions were deemed unnecessary for combat and were subsequently banned. The YoRHa squad members only know that ‘emotions were deemed unnecessary at some point in the past’ but not any details. Another reason is that YoRHa units have black boxes. The fact that black boxes are a product of enemy technology is a subject of much shame to androids. The one who created the YoRHa forces decided that units with such a tainted origin ‘should not be allowed to act in the same way as the noble humans’, and banned emotions when YoRHa was officially established.
Furthermore, to account for having black boxes, YoRHa units were implanted with a powerful program that compels them to love humanity (this is taking into account the possibility of a unit going rogue). YoRHa units salute using their left hands instead of right because they themselves are conscious of ‘not being allowed to mimic the actions of such noble beings as humans’.
>>
>>376051321

>gives two reasons for the ban even though the two together make no sense

Why would they "re-ban" emotions based on a failed mission when they were banned starting at the creation of Yorha?
Fucking Taro is just messing with us.

>>376050924

>go anywhere interesting

God I hope Taro follows the ARK filled with the network and 9s instead, it would be so great.
>>
>>376028074
I want drakengard3 on PC with all dlc running at 60fps.
>>
File: Right_Hand.png (493KB, 854x360px) Image search: [Google]
Right_Hand.png
493KB, 854x360px
>>376051321
>YoRHa units salute using their left hands instead of right because they themselves are conscious of ‘not being allowed to mimic the actions of such noble beings as humans’.
At least based on pic related, we know that Accord is not YoRHa, and probably isn't using flower tech.
I'm sure we're getting close to finding that Accord is pure. Maybe.
>>
File: gfs_141911_2_2.jpg (40KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_141911_2_2.jpg
40KB, 1024x600px
>>376052153

Are you trying to imply Emil is not pure?
>>
>>376052153
>flower tech.
Stop that bullshit.
>>
>>376051120
>living things finally learn to look past the origin, the form, and learn to learn about eachother, instead of making decisions like "you can't come because of your powersource".
Except when your power source literally drives you insane. Or it's not the form you want. Immortality seems neat until everyone has it and something/someone you love manages to die.
>>
>>376052951

Regardless, it can be worked out in the lore.
Any world that rejects Emil can fuck right off.
>>
File: do it for amazarashi.jpg (55KB, 330x324px) Image search: [Google]
do it for amazarashi.jpg
55KB, 330x324px
>>376052575
Actually it depends. But certainly he is innocent as he doesn't even remember much about the past now. But he still triggers the access terminals to raise shields and machine lifeforms don't agro on him.
>>
>>376053289

He is partly based on the queens maso, yet he is the purest being there is.
>>
>>376045913
>Make sure not to conflate Automata's androids with Accord. Every android that was built as part of YoRHa initially is not really an android at all seeing as how they're made from biological components salvaged from the machines, which are heavily implied to be related to the fucking flower seeing as how the "aliens" that made them are plant like and how you can find the Watcher emblem on their shit, specifically Eve. The Alien invasion was probably just some production of the Watchers/Angels related to fucking Flower God.

God is that you again, dumbass?

Aliens being flowers / plants again? Really? Did you even read 50 Taro's answers?

None of your bullshit ever made any sense.
>>
> The Alien invasion was probably just some production of the Watchers/Angels related to fucking Flower God.

No it wasn't.

Q37. Why did the aliens attack the earth? And why did they just let themselves be killed by the machine lifeforms?
The aliens attacked in order to inhabit earth. They were wiped out by the machine lifeforms simply because the machine lifeforms evolved to surpass the aliens.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.