[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when Helk made Rust great again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: MRGA.png (491KB, 777x606px) Image search: [Google]
MRGA.png
491KB, 777x606px
Where were you when Helk made Rust great again?
>>
jesus christ do they even expect people to build bases anymore now?
now people are just gonna put down stashes at random spots in the forest
>>
>>376025691
The real way to survive is putting small wooden boxes inside rocks. You can clip them through the rocks entirely so they're invisible.
>>
>caring about early access scams

OP didn't your parents tell you not to be a faggot?
>>
>>376025484

But that sounds absolutely retarded?
It seems to say you can just build wooden shit on top of any other players base, whats the point then?

In the end I quit when he ruined night.
>>
>>376025750
They nerfed this
>>
File: 1445371876931.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445371876931.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>Another server wipe
Hilarious.
>>
>>376025691
That's a bit extreme. It just means that you'll have to build upwards as much as you build outwards. It's also a nerf to stupid bs like double wall stacking, because now raiders can skip them and blow in through the top. Also, these changes make taking the cupboard less of a necessity which means less griefed bases (and less people leaving servers as a result).

>>376025980
Twig despawns in 1 hour now, it's really not as obnoxious as you think.
>>
>>376026194

So? You can climb over and into anything in an hour, basically building any base that stands on its own for any amount of time is even harder.
Basically, theres even less of a point playing this game without a big ass team to cover your base all day.
>>
>>376026454
I don't understand what you're trying to say. You still need explosives to destroy ceilings. If raiders have to go through 4 walls to get to your loot, just make sure there's 4 ceilings above it as well.

I appreciate the new system as a mostly solo player, because it was *literally* impossible for me to pull off a raid against a base with even a single ladder hatch in it (can't boost by myself). This update remedies that.
>>
>>376026717

Yay so now you just have to farm a shitton more to cover both the ceiling and the sides in several layers!

I love hitting trees and rocks either in broad daylight to fuck me over or as a blind retard going out into the woods to find bears to rape my ass.

Did he atleast fix the animals clipping through things or is that not a priority
>>
>game about survival
>everybody running around with an AK in less than 30 mins after a wipe
>>
>>376026897
They made a shitton of improvements to animal AI. It's been one of the main focuses of the past month.
>>
>>376025750
Until some ESPfag steals all your loot.
>>
>>376027882
code lock?
>>
>>376027404

So the don't clip through shit anymore?
Not that think I could play this shit solo again with the entire night being useless.
>>
>>376028831
Night time is when I chop wood. Easy to see the silhouettes of the trees against the moonlit sky, and much safer for me because
A) There's much fewer people out at night
B) I can't be seen farming from a distance
C) Escaping an attacker is really when they can't see you
>>
>>376029145

Yeah but theres way more nights than wood I need. Wood is easy.
>>
>>376029249
Honestly the only things that are overly difficult to do at night is mining and hunting. You can see crates/barrel piles easily enough, and rad runs are doable as well since you know exactly where the crate spawns will be.
>>
File: 1469496508926.png (161KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1469496508926.png
161KB, 540x405px
>tfw waiting patiently for this shit to leave EA so I can refund it
>>
>>376029453

So basically the thing you'll spend most of your time on as a solo player, if you ever wanna blow up a wall.
>>
>>376029562
I mean, this is all assuming I refuse to use light. If I was to go night mining, I would gear up with armor and a gun with a flashlight, which I would flicker at a rock to identify its type.
>>
>>376030049

I just go play fun games instead instead of rusty griefing simulator
>>
>>376025484
>ladders and twig ignore cupboards

Great, so basically any legit base is completely fucked. Any sort of tower or vertical structure is useless since any asshole with a hatchet can easily get to the top.
>>
>>376031398
Fuck hit reply too early.

Anyone building legit is now fucked, now people are forced to make ugly fucking cubes with glitched boxes and stashes since layout basically does not matter anymore apart from how many walls you can pack. So double wall exploited super compact bases with the best quality walls are the way to go now. This benefits all the glitchers building bases halfway into rocks or caves a tonne.

Oh and external walls are now fully useless. Oh and expect your entire base to be covered in twig stuff by people doing it for shits and giggles. You know how long it will take to remove 5k worth of wood of twig shit from all over your base? They don't even have to break in to waste 30 minutes of your day.
>>
>>376031398
And do what? Stand on your roof? It's not like he can get inside your base with just a hatchet.
>>
>>376031696
See >>376026194 for both of the concerns you mention. If anything enabling vertical raiding is a NERF to double stacked walls, since before this update you had no way to get around them - you have to go through them.
>>
>>376031874

I think half the problem is that this makes sure that anything but a big tall closed cube is now easy to climb into, no more lookouts unless you love having 6 levels of doors.
>>
>>376031874
>>376032063
Yeah but now they can get to any exterior point of your base regardless of height. What's the point of not building bases that are hermetically sealed boxes? As your base gets larger the possible entry-points grow exponentially. The point is that now they can hit your base anywhere with minimal effort, it's a huge difference compared to before.

Having to treat every single outer piece of your base as it were the easiest entry point (usually the first floor before this patch) massively changes how a base needs to be built. I mean beforehand even if you did build a twig structure the best you could hope for was to jump onto the roof from above the cupboard range (there's a sweetspot where you can do that without dying) but you'd still lose a tonne of health, and have no way to get down. Now it's just free access.
>>
Ignoring a dead game.
>>
>>376025484
I was going to buy Rust until I learned that the Dev went off the deep end, making characters random with gender and skin color because no matter what gender/race he picked, half were going to feel alienated against because they'd be trapt playing a gender/race they don't assign with.

The thing is, I don't mind playing a female.
I just mind such a idiotic, pussy standpoint from a dev.
>>
>>376032565

Heh, deal with it. I actually like this system a lot, but then again I'm a well endowed black guy, so I can't complain too much.
>>
>>376031398
>>376031696
>>376032472
You're forgetting large furnaces. They usually were placed outside and surrounded by walls. Say goodbye to that, you have to cover everything now.
>>
>>376032565
he's trolling. he did it because it was funny. if you knew anything about the developer you'd know that
>>
>>376032713
And quarries, which are basically impossible to defend now.
>>
File: cubeshitter.png (18KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
cubeshitter.png
18KB, 1152x648px
>>376032472
>2016+1
>still using cubes
top kek my dude
>>
>>376033269
Well I personally prefer pentagons or hexagons.
>>
File: furnace.png (370KB, 525x602px) Image search: [Google]
furnace.png
370KB, 525x602px
>>376032713
Either build pic related or drop a flamethrower turret next to your furnace to guard it (they're super cheap now)
>>
>>376033620
I'm just saying, pyramid-style bases are the most mathematically favorable design when you have to defend from attacks both laterally and vertically.
>>
>>376033830
There's one issue with pyramids though: people can just boost eachother up the pyramid. This doesn't matter now anymore however, since there's no point in boosting if you can just build a ladder.
>>
>>376034018
Yeah, pyramids were bad previously but now are gonna be meta.
>>
>>376032793
Pretending to be retarded and then getting called retard because of said pretending isn't trolling.
Plus his so called trolling actually lost him potential customers. Remember, I'm not the only one who thought his stance was fucking stupid.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.