[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
Never played Resident Evil games. Interested in starting from remastered version of first one and then playing remastered of the 2nd when it comes out.

Should I play Resident Evil 0 before first one or should I play games in release order. I feel like this situation is a bit similar to MGS games and people asking whether or not to play MGS3 first but since its called RE 0 it feels like its fitting to play before 1.

Also are you excited about RE 2 remake? I heard people regard RE 2 as the best in series
>>
>Should I play Resident Evil 0 before first one or should I play games in release order.
Honestly anon consider skipping 0 all together. It's not very good. Just start with REmake, I'd hate to see you driven away from the series by a bad game.

Also you are pretty wrong to think it would be a good idea to play it first. It would actually ruin certain twists that are twists in REmake and reveal them less spectacularly. You also won't understand why certain characters still being alive is important. Really it makes no sense to play 0 first.
>>
>>376021945
No, play REmake first

I think REmake is the best among the classic style Resident Evils. RE2 sold the most though back in the old days and is probably the game that actually made the series popular.

Resident Evil 4 is probably the best one among the new style - but some people really like 5 and 6 because of the co-op and multiplayer. I personally like Resident Evil Revelations 2 a lot because it kinda blends the old with the new in a comfy way.

You don't need to play RE0 before REmake, I actually think it would be better to play it after because the game kinda references previous titles so all those things would go lost on you if you play RE0 first
>>
>>376022198
>>376022212
Thanks guys, got it.
Seems like release order is always the way to go.
>>
Play release order but you can skip 0 all together.
It's really bad and they never make and references to it in any game, so you can basically pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>376021945
Playing in release order is the only valid choice unless you don't care much about the series. And by release order I mean the original 1996 game. Starting with REmake is a bad idea and will skew your perspective on the series.
>>
>>376021945
Consider playing Revelations on 3DS if you have one. If not then don't bother, it's rather mediocre on other platforms.
>>
0 is a really good game. Everyone likes to meme it though. Still play it after remake though.
>>
>>376023302
It's not bad. It's just the weakest entry among the fixed camera games.
>>
>>376023302
It's not. It the worse game in the series.
>>
>>376021945
Play REMake, 2, and 3, then either 0 or CV. 0 has references to areas from the first two games, especially 2, so you'll want to play the Raccoon City saga first.
>>
>>376024018
>playing REmake before RE1
You sicken me
>>
>>376024098
Why would you want to play the original at all? If you want the listen to the goofy dialogue, just jewtube it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW1c83ITCEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUxO_fBF6lo
>>
>>376024458
Because RE1 and REmake aren't the same game, and the best way to get into a series like this is to play the first game.
>>
>>376024637
I own the first game, and have played it several times. I'll probably never play it again, as it's inferior in every way to REMake.

Now, it may be harder to make that kind of determination if REMake2 is as quality as REMake was, if only because the original RE2 is much superior to RE1. In that case, I would likely play both.
>>
>>376025162
I also own RE1 and I still play through it first whenever I feel like replaying the series because it's the first game and is a different experience than REmake. It's a lot harder too, at least Directors Cut is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.