[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats next for Zelda?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 5d3.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5d3.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
It's keeping the open world style, but how can they improve on it?
Would just adding more dungeons be enough?
>>
>>376020210
>Would just adding more dungeons be enough?
Yes.

Open world and mechanics should stay. Underwater swimming should be good.
Larger bosses that require more climbing like Shadow of the Col. but don't make you fall off as easily as BOTW does.
Grappling Hook.
>>
>What I want
Actual dungeons and items
>What we'll get
BotW2
>>
>>376020210
-adding MUCH more dungeons
-increasing weapon dura a bit (shit broke way too fast and almost seemed to share the same level despite the material they were made of)
-a dura gauge to better strategize and just plain no how many uses we got left of it
-more crafting elements and ability to repair our own shit wherever and whenever
-more weapon choices (would have loved to wield a ball & chain or a hookshot)
-more riddable creatures and ability to register them indescriminatly
-more costumes and ability to add or remove abilities
-a more involved final boss.

im sure theres more but thats just the top of my head
>>
>>376020210

>shabonne
>sheboon

Are nintendo /ourguys/?
>>
>>376020210
Soulsborne Zelda
>>
>>376021183
God no.
No more fucking Souls clones.
>>
>half the map size
>add 8 dungeons with items that aren't necessary for progression but instead nice fun little things that make exploration and movement more fun
>add unarmed combat and the ability to pick up small enemies when they are knocked down
>add more waifus
Would be what I'd change, but I've never made a game before
>>
>>376020682
this is a man of patrician taste
SoTC-style bosses would be fantastic for another Zelda like BoTW, and underwater exploration is always welcomed
I do wonder why there's no grappling hook since climbing is such a big thing in the game, and I dont think it would be particularly unbalanced or anything

in adition, add fishing mechanics, with the player being able to catch bigger fishes that restore more health or allow for better recipes

other than that, add more Zelda-like dungeons like everyone said already
>>
I hope to god tgat they nake a MM tier sequel. You already have the engine and assets, literally just optimize and add more content, it'd cost a fraction of BotW
>>
after playing Dragon's Dogma, it feels really awkward not being able to climb bigger enemies like a Hinox
I get their AIs are tailored around giving a fair fight while you're stuck on the ground, but it would still be more fun to be able to climb them and poke their eye or something
>>
Underwater would be really nice. My favorite part of SS was chilling out in that flooded forest, Infact that was one of my favorite areas in zelda. another would (of course) be great bay but specifically pinnacle rock.
>>
>>376021392
Except it will deconstruct Souls genre, just like BOTW deconstructed open world.
>>
>>376020210
Add more sexy gerudo
>>
>>376022153
Same. It kinda sucks that a lot of games don't let you do this, if only to a minor extent.
>>
>>376022153
>It's a Dragon's Dogma ruined gameplay for other games
I feel this too, is there a cure?Monster Hunter does not count.
>>
>>376022497
it's the same way how BoTW ruined open world exploration for other games just by letting you climb everything
now when I'm playing other games I feel like a fool trying to climb every wall and rock I see
>>
>>376022710
>letting you climb everything
I hate when games don't do this shit.
I mean. Holy fuck. It's a big rock, yeah, but it's half, my size. I should be able to just grab the top and bring my legs up if nothing more. I don't have to be a fucking acrobat about getting up on it, but goddamn you devs, don't act like it's a fucking insurmountable wall.
>>
>>376021571
>half the map size

I wish people would stop saying this. The size was completely fine.
>>
Let us punch people.
>>
>>376020210
>Whats next for Zelda?
As much as I absolutely love BotW.
A "2D" Zelda hopefully. I don't want the 2D style games to die.
>>
>>376023906
YEAH
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.