[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil VS Silent Hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

Which is better?
>>
silent hill is more scary but resident evil is harder
>>
This meme isn't funny
>>
File: 1451985651651.jpg (89KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1451985651651.jpg
89KB, 900x675px
Haunting Ground
>>
>>376018989
more scary = more harder imho because ill be pausing the game every 10 minutes to sob
>>
>>376019081
whats that game like?

are there monsters, puzzles, ammo managament?
>>
RE
>emphasis on gameplay and thought out encounters (talking about 1-3)
>ridiculous cheesy story

SH
>repetitive combat with enemies just thrown there because video games should have combat
>emphasis on atmosphere, story and themes (which it does very well)

personally I'm in the RE camp but SH1 was a good time and I could appreciate 2, didn't finish 3 but probably will sometime
>>
File: inappropiate2.webm (2MB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
inappropiate2.webm
2MB, 1280x530px
>>376019236
not that guy but i recently finished haunting ground on PS2.
the game was great, but it's also really flawed.
basically for each segment of the game you have 1 enemy chasing you at random, the "bad guy" that chases you has a lot of character and goes through their own little character development.

the game has a few puzzles, it also has the resident evil thing of "get Item X and use it here", "find key with Symbol for door with Symbol", but the layout isn't quite as confusing as REmake the first time through.

Story, Graphics, Athmosphere are all fucking great, however the gameplay...
while not being chased the gameplay is fine, but when you get chased... oh boy...
you basically have a kick and a shove and you can run.
you have a dog that you can give basic commands like attack, follow, pet him, scold him (you actually build a bond with the dog AI and it's more helpful the better you train it, the end screen shows your dog bond level too)
so you get chased, and you have to hide but there are fewer and fewer hiding spots the later you get into the game.
and it just gets tedious because the encounters are random, and your character panics... wich results in a distorted screen, playing like you have 300ms ping and her constantly tripping and bumping into walls.
it just gets annoying after a while.
the game has multiple endings though and FANTASTIC unlockables.
and i assume the 2nd time through it's less bad because you know where to go with wich item.

it's very unique and very much worth playing, it just has some old PS2 jankyness to it.
>>
>>376018921
Uncensor feet NOW
>>
>>376019236
You have a dog
Controls are shit

That's pretty much it
>>
>>376020150
just like rule of rose
>>
RE has better gameplay, SH has better everything else.
>>
>>376018921

I've never seen a game model ported well to SFM.

They always look weird
>>
>>376019925
I beat the game for the first time two days ago on pcsx2. I liked it but I think I enjoyed it a bit less after Daniella's area. Ricardos seems way too big and maze like for what is really a short puzzle that is cryptic enough I'm not sure how anyone figured it out. And after that and the enemy encounters are too short with him changing from old to young to fire every 5 minutes.

The encounters aren't as hard once you realise the enemy is nearby when the music goes silent and if hewie barks.
>>
File: fiona.webm (1MB, 820x506px) Image search: [Google]
fiona.webm
1MB, 820x506px
>>376020537
it's better than rule of rose though.
>>376020725
i agree.
but i mainly blame the fact that during Riccardos area, there is like 1 wardrobe you can hide in.
i did enjoy all the naked people licking piss and admiring art.
the puzzles were indeed a little cryptic.
hell it took me half an hour to beat riccardo on top of the tower, wich in reality is the shortest bossfight in the game.
oh also, special shoutout to those facial animations, Fiona is maximum cute because of her expressions.
>>
>>376021129
>did enjoy all the naked people licking piss and admiring art.
I feel like I missed something.

And yeah there's like one wardrobe and two tables or something
>>
>>376018921
Silent Hill is better.
>>
File: likingpiss.jpg (31KB, 907x306px) Image search: [Google]
likingpiss.jpg
31KB, 907x306px
>>376021457
there's one guy that admires a statue, and another that licks piss or vomit.
they are these grey things and they are all over that part of the game.
and you get to kick them all too.
>>
>>376020662
The models are perfect, but you can't port shaders and effects and the creators purposefully hide or minimize flaws in the model.
>>
>>376019081
why did her ingame design look so much like re5 jill?
>>
Silent Hill and this is coming from a huge Resident Evil.
SH1-3 are better than every RE game except for REmake and RE4.
Only problem is Silent Hill hasn't had a good game in 10 years and is pretty much dead now, while the RE serirs is still going.
>>
>>376018921
How lewd is too lewd when it comes to feet?
>>
RE=Arnie
SH=Sly

RE decent work overall,lots of charisma.
SH better quality,but screws up alot
>>
File: question.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
>>376020623
>RE has better gameplay
u wot now? They're practically identical, minus SH's focus on melee combat.
>>
>>376020623
You can walk and shoot in SH1.
Took RE 15 years just to get that right.
>>
>>376023294
Silent Hill (from 2 on) had analog movement instead of forced tank controls.
>>
>>376021129
>it's better than rule of rose though.
The gameplay might be, the rest isn't.
>>
File: hauntingground.jpg (213KB, 760x1580px) Image search: [Google]
hauntingground.jpg
213KB, 760x1580px
>>376023738
nothing in Rule of Rose can compete with Fionas jiggling torpedo titties.
>>
>>376023546
who the fuck ever uses those god-awful 2D controls?

Plus, controls =/= gameplay.
>>
File: bliss.gif (2MB, 245x210px) Image search: [Google]
bliss.gif
2MB, 245x210px
>>376023856
>controls =/= gameplay
>>
>>376018921
Silent Hill all the way, at least the original three.
>>
>>376023958
"gameplay" consists of the controls as well, but it is a much bigger subject matter in whole. With that in mind, RE and SH are like two cherries:

>run around environments with locked areas
>solve puzzles and find keys to proceed
>saving is handled with pre-placed save spots
>fight and/or evade monsters while dealing with a limited pool of supplies
>occasionally you face an unskippable bossfight
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.