[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm highly expecting Bloodborne II this E3.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 414
Thread images: 35

File: nvrevr.png (269KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
nvrevr.png
269KB, 1200x750px
I'm highly expecting Bloodborne II this E3.
>>
>>376017908
>people unironically want a game that Miyizaki likely has no interest in making an will be criticized left snd right for not living up to the outrageous hype it's mere existence would generate

LUL
>>
File: 1493603419369.png (949KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493603419369.png
949KB, 565x800px
only insigghtless fools who dont even understand first one wants a sequel. but maby new dlc would be good.
>>
>>376018447
>an will be criticized left snd right
/v/ will sperg out as always, everyone well will have fun with the game.
>>
They literally just got done finishing dark souls 3 dlc the past month. If bb2 is being made Right now then it's by the Bteam
>>
File: mhZaU2c.gif (685KB, 409x230px) Image search: [Google]
mhZaU2c.gif
685KB, 409x230px
>>376018447
>>376018662
Elitist babbies who don't like good video games.
>>
>>376018756
The dlc was made by the b-team.
>>
>>376018756
Considering Dark Souls 2 was better than Demons Souls and Dark Souls 1 that wouldn't be a bad thing.
>inb4 called bait by the hi/v/e who don't have any original opinions
>>
The Sony Japan Studio guys behind SS and BB have been dropping hints for the past 18 months about some new project they're involved with, so I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up being a new BB or not-Souls game.
>>
>>376018797
And it ended up being even better than the old hunters.

Guess I want only b-team from now on.
>>
File: 1480952846258.gif (497KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1480952846258.gif
497KB, 250x140px
>>376018662
>The Old Hunters were supposed to be 2 sets of DLC
>had to cut away a lot to make it fit into one
>>
>>376018908
It's probably something not souls related.

>King's Field
>Armored core
>>
File: 5320bd6ca6fcb0deb225090461a40a51.jpg (502KB, 1800x1050px) Image search: [Google]
5320bd6ca6fcb0deb225090461a40a51.jpg
502KB, 1800x1050px
>>376018757
implying bloodborne 2 could ever fill the boots of the first one. not gonna hapen ever, never EVER!
>>
>>376019137
Why wouldn't it? Every From Software Soulslike Sequel has been better than the last.
>>
>>376018447
this
Miyazaki should be left to do whatever he wants to do because he naturally puts out good games
You can tell by DS3 that he was running out of ideas and the game came out mediocre as a result
>>
>>376019191
No it hasn't, the only games worth their souls are DeS, DaS and BB.
>>
>>376017908
I don't see how a Bloodborne 2 can ever top the first one. I wouldn't want it in case we get another 'Dark Souls 2' on our hands that ruins the series
>>
What would it be about then? It had a more definitive closure than Dark Souls trilogy.
>>
>>376017908
BB will be on PC before a sequel is made
just do another DLC and it should be ok
>>
>>376019315
naaahh maaaann we could go play as a pthumerian or during the next childhood of humanity after the cord ending dude! -faggot
>>
>>376018919

How was it better than the best DLC ever made?
>>
>>376019287
But DaS is BY far the worst souls game with DaS2, and its only redeeming feature was the fantastic world design for 1/3 of the game.
>>
>>376019287
>A /v/ipster
I don't know what I expected on this shadow of a former board.
>>
>>376017908
>Miyazaki doesn't want to do it
>DS2 all over again
lmao sonybabbies really want that to happen to their series
>>
>>376019426
By being so good the previous best DLC ever made ended up second best DLC ever made. And because Gael is a masterpiece.
>>
>>376019476
DaS3 is the worst game in the entire series. Stop memeing. Don't even talk about DaS and DaS3 in the same breath.
>>
>>376019323
Why do people keep saying this. BB will literally never be on pc cause Sony owns the rights to it.
>>
>>376019580
>He fell for the 'DS3 is bad' meme
And the first two are any better?
>>
>>376017908
Weighty garbage
>>
File: 1491606012535.gif (1MB, 266x268px) Image search: [Google]
1491606012535.gif
1MB, 266x268px
>>376017908
>haha you will NEVER EVER play the weakest game in the souls series at a sub 15fps! how does it feel mustard race? bet you are angry huh? so angry!

Uhh okay?
>>
>>376019517
Only liking 3/5th of the series isn't good enough. You have to like every game in the series or you're a hipster!
>>
>>376019665
Definitely, they're both more original, less linear, and you can't get through 95% of the games by stunlocking everything was a one handed straight sword. They also have better lore, because DaS was an original story and DaS2 largely told its own story, but DaS3 wallowed in the games that came before it.
>>
>>376019682
PC players can already play Dark Souls 3 and restrict their fps to lower than 15.
>>
>>376019580
DS1 was ugly, easy trash that was most people's first souls game and thats why it gets high praise. The first HUB is the only thing the game really did well. Story and backstory was done better in ds2, ds3 looks and plays better, both have ds2 and ds3 have better combat and ui functions and both have more content. DS1 also runs like piss with a piss filter thrown over it
>>
>>376019580
How is it the worse when it have by far the best bosses, best gameplay, best individual level design, best balancing (be it pve or pvp), best weapons, best fashion souls, best graphics/animations, best port. So pretty much everything that matters.

>b-but it's linear and it's not what I wanted, so that's makes it BAD!!!
Fuck off, DaS3 is almost equal to bb, and miles above the previous games.
>>
>>376017908
Bloodborne's plot was pretty complete, nothing really new to add or explore. No reason to force a sequel.
>>
>>376019585
>the point
>your head
>>
>>376017908
>I'm highly expecting a game we know isn't happening this E3
Most people wouldn't admit to being so stupid.
Bravo, OP
>>
>>376019191
go take care of your goats and spuds you peasant.
>>
File: shit hitboxes.jpg (116KB, 696x641px) Image search: [Google]
shit hitboxes.jpg
116KB, 696x641px
>>376017908
Why do NeoGAF tourists always want more of the same (unpolished, repetitive shit)?

I can't even hate From Software. They're horrible at game design but if someone would pay me for shitting in his mouth, I'd do it.
>>
>I want rehash
Let Miyiazaki try new shit, cause that's when hes at his best. DaS2 & 3 proves that from can't make a good sequel.
>>
File: demons-souls-2.jpg (549KB, 865x1080px) Image search: [Google]
demons-souls-2.jpg
549KB, 865x1080px
>>376019695
Nah liking the least popular games in the series makes you a hipster. Most people bought/played/liked Dark Souls 2 and 3.

I can't speak for Dark Souls 3 but from what i've seen gameplay wise it looks better than Dark Souls 2 not sure if I could say it has better gameplay than Bloodborne Tho.

Dark Souls 2 on the other hand I have played aswell as all the games that came out before it and its objectively better gameplay wise than all of them.

Now if you're playing the game for another reason other than gameplay like "Aesthetics" or made up lore by a british youtuber then you're a fucking cuck.

Demons Souls is the easiest game in the franchise yeah it has best Aesthetics in the franchise but being an EZ PZ babby game means its shit. Wouldn't mind a Demons Souls 2 or remaster if they made the game harder.

Dark Souls 1 while being better than Demons Souls gameplay wise cannot fucking compete with Dark Souls 2. I don't give a shit about babbies first souls game and your nostalgia. Its overrated.
>>
>>376020028
This, same case for DS1.
>>
>>376019956
>dude visuals and difficulty are all that matter in Souls and its relative
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>376020321
I just stated that DS1 has the worst gameplay, performance, and story out of the 3. What else do you judge video games on anon. Christ did you even read the post or are you just such a fanboy hipster for DS1 that you have to shitpost no matter what
>>
>Nightmare of Never Ever

This is the most retarded thing I've heard in months...
>>
>>376020174
>Demon's Souls II mock art
>not the Fluted Set
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>376019956
Firelink Shrine is the worst hub in the series. I don't know why you'd be praising that of all things. DS3 does not look or play better, it looks monotonous because everything is dying, and the weapons are horribly balanced. There isn't enough of a distinction in their combat or UI to make me care, and I'm more interested in quality over quantity when it comes to the amount of content in the game. Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are the shortest in the series and they're the best and they run like shit.

>>376019978
Simple: it does not have the best bosses, best gameplay, best individual level design, best balancing, best weapons, best fashion souls or best graphics/animations. I don't care about the port but that might be true. i don't know.

>>b-but it's linear and it's not what I wanted, so that's makes it BAD!!!
Linearity doesn't make Souls games bad because linearity is bad, it makes Souls games bad because they're deep and long and most of the challenge wears off when you know where things are and what enemies do. They need to be fun to replay and if they're not fun to replay you won't ever appreciate the games as fully as you can.
>>
You are literally retarded if you think a Soulsborne game is gonna be announced.
Also,
>nightmare of never ever
>>
>>376020175
Well DaS2 answered the question of "what happens next?", DaS 3 was kinda unnecessary. BB on the other hand has space for more things to happen afterwards but it's not really suggested by the ending.
>>
>>376019887
>they're both more original
It's literally the same
> less linear
Ah yes, the famouse "linear is bad" meme
>and you can't get through 95% of the games by stunlocking everything was a one handed straight sword.
And if you've played DaS3 you'd know that you can't either.
>They also have better lore,
DaS3 is literally the same with added stuff, it can't be worse since it has to be at least equal.

And now for the stuff that actually matter such as levels, bosses, gameplay and fun, DaS gets curbstomped by DaS3.
>>
>>376020174
>I can't speak for Dark Souls 3 but from what i've seen gameplay wise it looks better than Dark Souls 2
DaS3 has better production values than 2. But gameplaywise it is infinitely worse than 2. Even with all of 2's flaws, 3 is much worse
>>
>>376020174
You know the gameplay of Souls games is actually pretty uninteresting, right? It's a series almost entirely about aesthetics and the writing fleshes that out further. I like Demon's Souls gameplay the most in the series, except possibly Bloodborne, because the gameplay best supports the aesthetics and writing since you are not forced through the mind numbing repetition of encounters that are only difficult or interesting when you don't know what to expect, so the brainlessness of the gameplay doesn't steal the show as much, especially because it's so encounter driven whereas Dark Souls 3 is more about staggering everything to death with a one-handed sword.

I also played Dark Souls first but it's my least favorite of the three worthwhile Souls games, so eat shit bitch.
>>
>>376020648
DS1 answered that question in the openning cinematic
>flame dies out
>someone relights it and everything is well for a while
>no one lights it and theres an age of darkness until someone does
>>
>>376020648
Good hunter's story ends

Rest is kept speculative because that's typically how Lovecraftian shit works

You may want more but there is no need for it
>>
>>376020651
>It's literally the same
That's the issue, yeah.

>Ah yes, the famouse "linear is bad" meme
Ah yes, the "assume there's no reasoning behind anything and every statement is universal" meme.

>And if you've played DaS3 you'd know that you can't either.
Yes you can, you can ever do it to the lothric knights which are supposed to be endgame enemies.

>DaS3 is literally the same with added stuff, it can't be worse since it has to be at least equal.
No, retreads are worse than what they're retreading even if they add new stuff. Part of enjoying something is being surprised and introduced to new things. Dark Souls 3 is 80% fan service and 10% sequel shit in a series that doesn't lend itself to sequels because the writing demands so much interpretation.

>And now for the stuff that actually matter such as levels, bosses, gameplay and fun, DaS gets curbstomped by DaS3.

Dark Souls 3 has better bosses, worse levels, and roughly the same gameplay except the encounters are worse.
>>
File: SuperMale.jpg (27KB, 954x636px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMale.jpg
27KB, 954x636px
>>376020869
>You know the gameplay of Souls games is actually pretty uninteresting, right?
No pretty sure the entire franchise is a gameplay focused one and that's the whole cliche of why the game sells so much is because its a challenging franchise with challenging gameplay.
>It's a series almost entirely about aesthetics
Nice meme
>the writing
Doesn't exist sorry VaatiCuck

And the rest of your post is basically you trying to reinforce your storyfaggery over gameplay shit because you're some edgy hipster trying to grasp at a nonexistent story in a literal 99% gameplay series.

>Oh boo hoo I don't like gameplay in a VIDEO GAME because its repetitive
Woah so literally almost every video game? Makes me think...

You're no better than the Polygon/Kotaku (((Journalists))) who claim storyfaggery interactive programs like Gone Home are amazing for their aesthetics and unique story telling.
>>
if you have any respect for that game and its creator you would never want sequel.
>>
>>376021047
Stop this "Bloodborne is Lovecraftian" meme. Read some culture, mythology and history you pleb fuck. I am so fucking sick of this "Bloodborne is just Berserk mixed with Lovecraft lmao" meme when in many ways it's the exact opposite of Lovecraft in the ways that actually matter.
>>
>>376017908
There is no need for a sequel. A spin-off or prequel maybe, but even then it's unnecessary. The game was wrapped up pretty well, which DaS wasn't - and the sequels still didn't answer all the questions the first left us with.
I'd much rather have another new setting. Maybe something tonally different, a break from the bleak and grim.
>>
>>376019580
BB=DaS>SotFS>DaS3>DeS
fight me faggots.
>>
>>376020501
>it does not have the best bosses
It does tho. DaS has Gwyn and eventually Artorias, wow. DaS3 has Champ Gundyr, Pontiff, Abyss Watchers, Friede, Gael, Twin Princes, SoC, Nameless King, Dancer, Armour.
Many have a pretty nice visual design in DaS, I admit it, but the fights themselves are pure garbage, and the best exemple of this is Smostein; absolutely god tier presentation and visual design, plain bad fight.
>best gameplay
But it does, mainly thanks to the Bloodborne engine. And the fact that it's the smoothest and most reactive, most satisfying thanks to better animations, multi directional roll, better hitboxes and everything. DaS3/BB are pure joy to play and make everything before them look like pre alpha garbage.
>best individual level design
Since it has shit world design, they compensate by having god tier level design. Areas like Lothric Castle, Undead Settlement or Cathedral of the Deep obliterate even the best areas DaS has to offer, like ariamis.
>best balancing/weapons
But once again, it does. There are no more memeshit OP builds, everything looks great, is viable and satisfying to use. Thanks to weapon arts, 90% of the weapons feel unique and great to play. There are so many unique movesets you just want to upgrade every weapon and try it out. Also boss weapons are all great, which wasn't the case before.
>best fashion souls
lmao, it trumps even das2 in terms of fashion, and can only be rivaled by BB, but we're talking souls games.
>graphics/animations
Now you're just baiting.
>>
>>376021205
>No pretty sure the entire franchise is a gameplay focused one and that's the whole cliche of why the game sells so much is because its a challenging franchise with challenging gameplay.
Yeah, so I guess the cliche of "Dark Souls is the hardest game ever dude!" is the correct view of the series because whatever the majority things is the most sensible way to look at things.

>Nice meme
Yeah dude, you got me, the Souls series is about as driven by aesthetics as Super Mario Bros. or whatever. It's all just gameplay, my dude! There are no themes or evocative imagery or somber music and characterization or anything!

>Doesn't exist sorry VaatiCuck
I'm not surprised you've gotten a bad impression of the writing if you've only been exposed to Vaati.

>Woah so literally almost every video game? Makes me think...
I like the repetitive gameplay in a lot of games, usually just once or twice because after that they're no longer interesting. Souls games have a lot to offer for hundreds / thousands of hours though.

>You're no better than the Polygon/Kotaku (((Journalists))) who claim storyfaggery interactive programs like Gone Home are amazing for their aesthetics and unique story telling.
I don't like Gone Home though.
>>
>>376020174
DaS2 is not better than DaS 'gameplay wise'. It has some improved mechanics, some unnecessary changes, and a lot of ridiculous bloat. It is the perfect example of a game losing sight of the franchise it's part of. Every aspect of that game wants to be Dark Souls but better, and in doing so it presents a husk impersonating the original with none of the design quality that was delivered before. I like DaS2, but to claim it's better than DaS is utterly absurd and I can only believe you have a bad understanding of game design to think something so ridiculously wrong.

Tl;Dr fuck you, my opinion is worth more than yours because you're an idiot.
>>
>>376021353
Perfect list tbqhwy
>>
Nah, best part of BB was mystery.
>suddenly AYYYYY elder gods instead of werewolves
BB2 will lost "mystery"
>>
>>376021353
Not exactly.

BB=DaS3>>>>DeS=DaS=Sotfs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>376021793
I don't know. I feel like they could do a Bloodborne sequel but the focus would have to be on the dream aspect and then it wouldn't really fit the title.
>>
>>376019270
there is so much content in dks3 though...he didnt seem to be running out of ideas as much as just taking them in a bad direction
>>
>>376017908
Why do children insist that their shit taste will become real?

It's like some sonic weirdo insisting that SEGA make a movie out of their fanfiction or some shit.

It's tasteless.
It would tasteless.
Bloodborne is a complete and cohesive experience.
There's no need to dip back into it at this time.
Let them make something new or different.

At least let them do something different with the Souls formula, like an Armored Core Souls or something.
>>
>>376021587
>It does tho. DaS has Gwyn and eventually Artorias, wow. DaS3 has Champ Gundyr, Pontiff, Abyss Watchers, Friede, Gael, Twin Princes, SoC, Nameless King, Dancer, Armour.
Many have a pretty nice visual design in DaS, I admit it, but the fights themselves are pure garbage, and the best exemple of this is Smostein; absolutely god tier presentation and visual design, plain bad fight.
I never said Dark Souls has good bosses. I don't think it does. I don't even like that game that much, I just acknowledge that it has more to offer than its sequels.

>But it does, mainly thanks to the Bloodborne engine. And the fact that it's the smoothest and most reactive, most satisfying thanks to better animations, multi directional roll, better hitboxes and everything. DaS3/BB are pure joy to play and make everything before them look like pre alpha garbage.
Games being reactive and smooth doesn't make them good, you dumb fuck. Dark Souls was appealing precisely because it felt like you were a doomed soul exhaustedly dragging yourself through a world full of giants. It's supposed to be oppressive which matches the tone, themes and story.

>Since it has shit world design, they compensate by having god tier level design. Areas like Lothric Castle, Undead Settlement or Cathedral of the Deep obliterate even the best areas DaS has to offer, like ariamis.

Honestly, I don't even know how to judge the level design of Dark Souls 3 because the encounters are so poor the levels basically don't matter. It's the polar opposite of a game like Demon's Souls. I guess I found some areas pretty obnoxious though, like the poison swamp and Carthus Tombs or whatever they're called.

[cont]
>>
>>376021839
BB>SoTFS>DaS2>DaS1>>>DeS
>>
>>376021587[cont]

>But once again, it does. There are no more memeshit OP builds, everything looks great, is viable and satisfying to use. Thanks to weapon arts, 90% of the weapons feel unique and great to play. There are so many unique movesets you just want to upgrade every weapon and try it out. Also boss weapons are all great, which wasn't the case before.

Using anything except a regular sword is a waste of time, unless you're referring to the PvP which I don't care about.

>lmao, it trumps even das2 in terms of fashion, and can only be rivaled by BB, but we're talking souls games.
I'm talking about Bloodborne as well, which obviously has the best costume design, but in Dark Souls 3 you can't even have the hair color you want.
>>
>>376022136

BB > DeS > DaS > DaSII > DaSIII

Considering DaS was largely a rip-off of DeS this list isn't surprising. The less original the games are the less good they are.
>>
>>376021864
than you didn't play any of the other games because DS3 has almost no new content

I could honestly go on for hours from things like location, weapons, characters, enemies, bosses

It would probably be easier to list what didn't come from previous souls games
>>
Fuck that. I want BLAMEsouls.
>>
>>376022145
>muh min-max optimal build

Well if min-maxxing is your source of fun your in the wrong genre
>>
>>376022145
You not using strength weapons is not the game's fault, anon.

The PvE can be completed with ANY weapon.
>>
The one reason I think a BB2 will eventually be a reality is that Sony owns the rights. It's one of their most popular games on PS4 even still, and I dont think they'll let it go untapped. They could use Japan Studio easily, they don't necessarily even need From.
>>
>>376017908
Why? Sony owns Bloodborne and will not let it come to anything but a Sony console and FROM has announced that their next project will be a VR-compatible multiplat. I'm expecting a new Shadow Tower or something similar, if not a new AC.
>>
>>376022423
I don't min/max in games, but I don't ignore the most obvious solution to challenges or problems I'm faced with either. It's not like using the default weapon in a fantasy game is some arcane trick that you have to puzzle out to come into it.
>>
File: Bloodborne.webm (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.webm
1MB, 720x1280px
Reminder for PCfriends what they'll never get
>>
>>376022549
Obviously it can be completed with any weapon, or no weapon at all, but it makes the most basic weapon ridiculously good. It's like how in Metal Gear Solid games your tranq pistol never runs out of ammo, makes no noise, and guards don't raise alerts when you shoot at them with it. It's a retardedly effective strategy and it shouldn't be.
>>
File: 1490819868309.jpg (147KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490819868309.jpg
147KB, 1024x576px
>>376021652
Generally when it comes to video games i've noticed the majority think a certain way about something for a reason. Dark Souls is thought of by most people as a hard gameplay focused game because it is a hard gameplay focused game.

It may not be hard to the Autists/Hyper ADHD people on this board. Me personally I have ADHD so Bloodborne was fucking EZPZ to me because of how fast paced it was but its still a gameplay focused game, that's why people buy it, that's why people play it.

The souls series no matter what visual genre would still be a gameplay focused game. SciFi, Fantasy, Light Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, or in Dark Souls and Bloodbornes Case Dark Fantasy and Gothic Horror/Lovecraft it doesn't matter.

>I'm not surprised you've gotten a bad impression of the writing if you've only been exposed to Vaati.
Oh was I supposed to get that D E E P L O R E experience by reading the fucking ITEM DESCRIPTIONS and speculating about they could POSSIBLY mean by this on /r/DarkSouls? Fucking hell.
>>376021668
Vague complaints be more specific. I don't see how anything you said proves Dark Souls 2 is worse than Dark Souls 1.
>>
File: 62249773_p0.jpg (537KB, 1386x1969px) Image search: [Google]
62249773_p0.jpg
537KB, 1386x1969px
BB=DeS > DS=DS3 > SoTFS > DS2

I don't like a lot shitty gameplay mehanics in DS3 but it still has avesome moments
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGatenT0ypg
>Kitamura's magnum opus
>>
>>376019045
I imagine that the reason why it was such a good expansion was that they trimmed the fat and just rolled it into one

Living Failures is the only part of the DLC that I would call unnecessary, and that's probably the quality of what we would've had for extra bosses
>>
>>376022814
This is a case in every Souls game, because the game is meant to be completeable with starter weapon.

The longsword/falchion/handaxe/reinforced club/mace are all super strong weapons that you can complete without switching weapon once.

In fact, I think it's your complaint that is retarded, because the game is supposed to have option.
>>
>>376021587
>DaS3 has Champ Gundyr, Pontiff, Abyss Watchers, Friede, Gael, Twin Princes, SoC, Nameless King, Dancer, Armour.
I wasn't that big a fan of any of those except for Champ and Abyss Watchers. ESPECIALLY Friede. She is everything wrong with DaS3.

that it tries too hard to be bloodborne, while not giving you the proper tools that Bloodborne gives you.

nameless king would have been better if the Camera during the dragon fight wasn't garbage.

I was ok with 2prince though.

Soul of Cinder was literally 50% "player boss" and 50% gwyn rehash. he was cool, but hardly original or interesting.
>>
>>376022842
>Generally when it comes to video games i've noticed the majority think a certain way about something for a reason. Dark Souls is thought of by most people as a hard gameplay focused game because it is a hard gameplay focused game.
Call of Duty is the best game series ever dude!

>Oh was I supposed to get that D E E P L O R E experience by reading the fucking ITEM DESCRIPTIONS and speculating about they could POSSIBLY mean by this on /r/DarkSouls? Fucking hell.
You're supposed to read item descriptions, look at item icons, listen to dialogue, look at character designs, look at character placement, look at the environment, analyze grammar, sentence structure, definitions, etymology, influences, etc. Most of the story isn't in item descriptions, they just help to give you a place to start.
>>
>>376022996
What does not having proper tool even mean?
>>
>>376017908
But they said they're done with these games. What don't you fucking get about that?
>>
>>376022982
No, it's not the case in every Souls game that your starter weapon is basically the best weapon in every way unless you specifically build for something else, which requires foreknowledge of the game and enough interest to experiment with what are going to seem like inferior choices at first.
>>
>tfw I could really go for a return to King's Field, complete with first person camera and more generic dark fantasy without any of the baggage that the souls games past DeS have

i'm not the only one am I?
>>
>>376023123
This, their next surehit game is Armored Core.
>>
>>376023065
Probably DS3 rolls with 30000 i-frames are not enough for him.
>>
>>376023156
All of these starter weapons require you to either quality build (longsword/falchion/handaxe) or pure strength build (reinforced club/mace), all you have to do is pumping stat and upgrading the weapons.

And no, you do not know the longsword is actually one of the best weapons in either games unless you read some internet guides.
>>
>>376023165
I just want DeS remastered with the sixth archstone in
>tfw no werebears
>>
>>376019887
>linearity is bad

haha i too am a faggot
>>
>>376023036
>Call of Duty is the best game series ever dude!
Firstly I said generally as a sort of shield against the normies who only play multiplayer trash, secondly that series is selling worse and worse every year meaning the normies are less interested. Probably more interested in the more popular growing drivel like MOBAs, and CSGO.

>You're supposed to read item descriptions, look at item icons, listen to dialogue, look at character designs, look at character placement, look at the environment, analyze grammar, sentence structure, definitions, etymology, influences, etc. Most of the story isn't in item descriptions, they just help to give you a place to start.
I don't have autism tho.
>>
>>376019315
True, but they could always set it in the past with the pthumerian or make your character from the first game pure evil and you have to kill him.
>>
"nightmare of never ever"
I laughed.
>>
>>376023352
I've never read an internet guide, and it was pretty obvious to me pretty quickly that one-handed swords dismantled every obstacle in the game with ease because they have quick and reliable attacks, good damage and good stagger.

>>376023391
Linearity is bad in Souls games.
>>
>>376023408
>I don't have autism tho.
Autism isn't required.
>>
>>376023486
>I've never read an internet guide, and it was pretty obvious to me pretty quickly that one-handed swords dismantled every obstacle in the game with ease because they have quick and reliable attacks, good damage and good stagger.
Then it's also obvious to me that the mace/reinforced club will also dismantle every foes in game because it has a B scaling in str, can stun and has a relative fast moveset.

You are trying to deflect so fucking hard when Dark Souls has the same "problem".

>Linearity is bad in Souls games.
Then Dark Souls 1 is very bad then since it locks out you out of Sen's fortress until you ring the 2 bells.

Or Demon's Souls because the entire games are levels.
>>
I still don't get why anyone would an online game to be exclusive to the PS4.
How far up Sony's asshole mustn't you be to actually want to pay for online play?
>>
>>376023564
Outside of the just looking at things as any person with eyes can see it kind of is tho.
>>
File: Cn_pXoZUAAAray6.jpg (65KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cn_pXoZUAAAray6.jpg
65KB, 919x720px
>>376023486
>linearity is bad in a souls game

>demons souls is bad
>>
File: Never Ever Armor.jpg (179KB, 400x620px) Image search: [Google]
Never Ever Armor.jpg
179KB, 400x620px
>>
>>376023626
Only good thing exclusitivity does for a game is gives it a fat budget to work off of.
>>
>>376023065
in BB, Bosses and enemies hit really hard and really fast. so, the mechanics were based on quickstepping, and parrying from a safe distance. there was no equip burden, as everything was balanced around quicksteps and fast combat.

DaS3 meanwhile, is still balanced like a souls game, while the enemies and bosses are more like Bloodborne enemies.

it's telling that up until release, the game had no equip burden, and they only included it because people complained it wasnt there and complained about casualization
>>
>>376023624
>Then it's also obvious to me that the mace/reinforced club will also dismantle every foes in game because it has a B scaling in str, can stun and has a relative fast moveset.
Yes, it will, one-handed weapons are pretty ridiculous in Dark Souls 3 because for some reason only 5% of enemies have a decent amount of hyper armor.

>You are trying to deflect so fucking hard when Dark Souls has the same "problem".
Not really, because enemies attack much slower and have more poise so you're not pressured into the aggression that you get with one-handed weapons.

>Then Dark Souls 1 is very bad then since it locks out you out of Sen's fortress until you ring the 2 bells. Or Demon's Souls because the entire games are levels.
No, you can pick from a bunch of different areas to do in whatever order you like, even from different perspectives in Dark Souls. It doesn't need to be completely open to you from the start to be considered less linear than Dark Souls 3 (or Bloodborne for that matter).
>>
>>376023671
I don't think Demon's Souls is bad, I think Demon's Souls is very close to being the best game in the series. It definitely has the best structure at any rate.
>>
>>376017908

I don't want another PS4 exclusive fromsoft game. Not because I dislike the PS4, but because I know it'll be kneecapped and permanently stuck being a sub 30 fps game. I could tolerate it while playing Bloodborne but I'm not doing it twice.
>>
>>376023637
It's a more academic interest than killing bosses and it's not that different to interpreting literature, but that doesn't make it "autistic" you fucking pleb.
>>
>>376023671
How is Demon's Souls linear? After you kill Phalanx you can go to any of the archstones.
>>
>>376023863
>Yes, it will, one-handed weapons are pretty ridiculous in Dark Souls 3 because for some reason only 5% of enemies have a decent amount of hyper armor.
Which explains why motherfucking everyone is using strength, heavy weapons now. The fact you use 1-handed weapons does not mean every do.

>Not really, because enemies attack much slower and have more poise so you're not pressured into the aggression that you get with one-handed weapons.
The fact the enemies attack much slower means they are easier to stunlock with, poise means jackshit when you use a fucking club.
Also, you are not pressurized to use one-handed weapon in DaS3.
>No, you can pick from a bunch of different areas to do in whatever order you like, even from different perspectives in Dark Souls.
No you cannot, you absolutely have to ring the two bells to proceed.
>It doesn't need to be completely open to you from the start to be considered less linear than Dark Souls 3 (or Bloodborne for that matter).
So linearity is also good now?

Dude, get some
>>
>>376023839
DaS3 is absolutely not balanced like a Souls game with how they dismantle poise.

The game is meant to be fast.
>>
>>376023671
DeS is hardly linear when you can tackle any stage in any order.

DaS3 however, is extremely linear, because it uses the whole interconnected world thing that DaS1 does, but there are no actual options. it is linear.
>>
>>376024150
Because they are linear levels that you go from one point to the end.
>>
>>376024235
but yet they still have heavy armor and equip burden.

thats what i mean. it has souls mechanics, while having bloodborne lite gameplay and enemies
>>
>>376024235
>DaS3 is absolutely not balanced like a Souls game with how they dismantle poise.

So Demon's Souls wasn't a Souls game?
>>
>>376020174
Not even going to read your post but heres the deal.

The formula of the -Souls games work best as individual isolated narratives.

What are the best games?

Demons, Dark and Bloodborne.

Why? Part of it is the setting.

Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 are lackluster because they're stuck with this thematic emphasis on cycles.

Demons had a fleshed out world. Same with Dark, and Bloodborne.
>>
>>376024315
And? It gives you more options than Bloodborne, you can uber fast like BB, or you can play tanker who trades hit.
>>
>>376024150
the levels are all linear in the sense that they go out in several different straight lines that can be attacked in any order
>>
>>376024246
DeS is most certainly linear in how the levels are designed.
>>
>>376024336
It's not a Dark Souls game.

But yes, DaS1 and DaS2 are now oddity, all things considered.
>>
>>376024178
>Which explains why motherfucking everyone is using strength, heavy weapons now. The fact you use 1-handed weapons does not mean every do.
Are you talking about PvP or something?

>The fact the enemies attack much slower means they are easier to stunlock with
That's the point, when enemies attack slower in the original Dark Souls you're less encouraged to stunlock them with a fast weapon, because you're not endangering yourself as much by being near them if they're not stunned.

>No you cannot, you absolutely have to ring the two bells to proceed.
I didn't say every area, dumb shit.

>So linearity is also good now?
Linearity can be good, it can be bad. It's good when it gives your game structure, it's bad when it makes the experience of playing the game repetitive and simplistic.
>>
>>376020464
>worst gameplay
Objectively false, the half-assed BB Souls merge for DS3 was dogshit and DS2 had some of the worst game feel and responsiveness of any game ever. Once again, kill yourself.
>>
>>376024560
>Are you talking about PvP or something?
I'm talking about both PvE or PVP, which account for all other players.
>That's the point, when enemies attack slower in the original Dark Souls you're less encouraged to stunlock them with a fast weapon, because you're not endangering yourself as much by being near them if they're not stunned.
It's not the point, if you can stunlock the enemy, why the fuck wouldn't you choose to?
>I didn't say every area, dumb shit.
Hey, but that destroys the idea that DaS is non-linear.
>Linearity can be good, it can be bad. It's good when it gives your game structure, it's bad when it makes the experience of playing the game repetitive and simplistic.
So Dark Souls is bad because it's only open at path, but still ultimately linear.

You still to have the ring two bells, you still have to go Anor Londor, you still have to get to the Kiln.
>>
>>376024379
>Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 are lackluster
This is literally only true on /v/
>>
>>376024684
How the holy fuck is DaS3 having worse gameplay than DaS1.

DaS1 is almost mindless to play with high poise and HP.
>>
>>376024314
>>376024412
>the levels are all linear

Yes, but you don't have to do them in any particular order and you don't have to finish a stone once you start. You can kill Phalanx and then do whatever you want until you kill the Tower Knight and then you just have to kill an archdemon.
>>
>>376024831
>these 2 stats that I have to stack make the entire gameplay loop bad
>>
>>376024786
DaS2 is bad, but DaS3 is the best Souls game.

People just have huge nostalgia about DaS1 and muh world interconnectivitity.
>>
>>376024913
>das2 is bad

epic meme
>>
>>376024902
Yes, since it reduces the game to just slash and win.

People dare to call the roll gameplay in DaS3 bad, when in DaS1, you can just move up and slash until shit dies.
>>
>>376024975
It's not a meme.
>>376024858
Absolutely does not change the fact levels are linear.
>>
>>376024992
>how to completely miss the point; the post
DaS3 babbies everyone.
>>
>>376024913
If Dark Souls 2 is bad Dark Souls 1 and Demons Souls are fucking trash.
>>
>>376025079
Oh so you are implying having huge poise and HP are somehow hard to do.
>>
>>376024735
>It's not the point, if you can stunlock the enemy, why the fuck wouldn't you choose to?
If given the option you would stunlock the enemy, the point is that enemies that have slower attacks give you a chance to stunlock them with slower weapons which makes them more viable.

>Hey, but that destroys the idea that DaS is non-linear.
No it doesn't.

>So Dark Souls is bad because it's only open at path, but still ultimately linear. You still to have the ring two bells, you still have to go Anor Londor, you still have to get to the Kiln.
Why are you being willfully ignorant about what linearity means in the context of game design? Nobody is implying that Dark Souls doesn't have a fixed beginning, middle and end. They're saying that are many paths that lead to the same places which means you can intentionally vary your experience of progressing through the game.
>>
>>376025135
Demon's Souls has fast-paced gameplay and Dark Souls does not have weird ass animation when you stop running mid-way.
>>
>>376025075
>Absolutely does not change the fact levels are linear.
Not a bad thing in Souls games.
>>
>>376025160
No, i'm implying that specifically stacking 2 stats asap when it isn't even the most effective route through the game but makes it easier for shitters doesn't actually make the gameplay worse; if anything that's called build diversity.
>>
>>376021353
>>376021839
no the true list

BB=DaS>DaS3>>DeS>>>Sotfs>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>376025234
Demon's Souls is only slightly faster than the rest of the souls franchise because it has less realistic animations it still the easiest game in the franchise.

Also never noticed a weird animation when you stop running and that sounds like a really big nitpick. But then again this is /v/ so I guess that should have been expected.
>>
>>376025075
I'm not saying the levels aren't linear. I'm saying the levels can be linear without the game being linear since you can warp around between the levels.
>>
>>376025173
>If given the option you would stunlock the enemy, the point is that enemies that have slower attacks give you a chance to stunlock them with slower weapons which makes them more viable.
And you can do the same thing in DaS3, in fact, even more so because heavy weapons are faster in DaS3.
>No it doesn't.
Yes, yes, it does.
>Why are you being willfully ignorant about what linearity means in the context of game design? Nobody is implying that Dark Souls doesn't have a fixed beginning, middle and end.
Game design-wise, Dark Souls is fucking linear because you have to follow certain order in order to complete the game. That's undeniable.
>They're saying that are many paths that lead to the same places which means you can intentionally vary your experience of progressing through the game.
Yes, because instead of going to parish, going to blighttown or darkroot somehow change your entire game experience, no, it doesn't.
>>
File: 1449299881849.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1449299881849.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Please no, not Bloodborne II. I'm fine with a Playstation Souls exclusive again, but I can't see much else coming from that game. Bloodborne wrapped up better than the Dark Souls trilogy in one game, it's unnecessary.

Do Angelic Souls instead
>>
>>376025245
Okay, so linearity is good.
>>376025424
The linearity of the level is what it's being contested, the fuck you can warp between world does not mean the levels aren't a fixed hallway.
>>
>>376025275
It makes the gameplay worse because it makes super simple, grind and you beat the game, that's all.

Dark Souls 3 allows you to have hyper armor which let you trade hits against enemies, but never enough to let you survive 3 hits consecutively.
>>
>>376025459
radiant souls sounds better
>>
>>376025448
>And you can do the same thing in DaS3, in fact, even more so because heavy weapons are faster in DaS3.
Yet it's less viable because the enemies attack faster and more aggressively.

>Yes, yes, it does.
No it doesn't.

>Game design-wise, Dark Souls is fucking linear because you have to follow certain order in order to complete the game. That's undeniable.
No. Dark Souls is not entirely linear because it has many branching paths, many of which you can tackle in the order of your choosing.

>Yes, because instead of going to parish, going to blighttown or darkroot somehow change your entire game experience, no, it doesn't.
I'm pretty sure I said it varies your experience of progressing through the game, not that it fundamentally alters the entire experience of the game, you hyperbolic faggot.
>>
>>376019570
Gael is a meme, not nearly as good as any Ludwig/orphan from The old hunters.

It was still a lot better comparared to ariandel.
>>
File: finalstand.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
finalstand.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>376021839
BB=ds=de=nioh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ds3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ds2
>>
>>376025545
Okay, so linearity is good.
In some cases linearity is good.

>>376025459
Bloodborne already did that, it's just the angels were aligned with the hubris of man themes in the series, so the angels and their higher world didn't conform to your expectations of what heaven is like.
>>
>>376025637
And it's not the most effective way to play, not even close. In fact you have to know you can do it in advance to actually do it so who the fuck cares.
>>
>>376025727
>Yet it's less viable because the enemies attack faster and more aggressively.
Not really, the hyper armor and the huge ass damage means it's even more viable since it kills enemies faster. Instead of stunlocking enemies, about 1 hit of yhorn great machete or black knight greataxe is going to kill shit dead in most cases.
>No it doesn't.
Yes it does.
>No. Dark Souls is not entirely linear because it has many branching paths, many of which you can tackle in the order of your choosing.
It has a number of two branching paths due to the Master key.
>I'm pretty sure I said it varies your experience of progressing through the game, not that it fundamentally alters the entire experience of the game, you hyperbolic faggot.
No, my point is that it doesn't change your game experience, you will go through the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>376025919
It's the most effective and braindead way to play because you just need to move and slash and nothing else.

It's also incredibly easy to do, you just need to pump stats.
>>
File: scifi.jpg (147KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
scifi.jpg
147KB, 1024x576px
>>376025459
neon cyber punk souls
>>
>>376026042
>effectiveness is ease to effort
Neck yourself, effectiveness is speed.
>>
>>376017908
if they ever make another playstation exclusive game i hope they add gore. i really think it would add a lot to souls games
>>
>>376026176
We have a different definition of effectiveness.

Effectiveness is the simplest way you do thing.
>>
>>376026217
Are you 15?
>>
>>376025545
>The linearity of the level is what it's being contested

The original statement was "they're both more original, less linear," referring to the first 2 Dark Souls games. This led to an exchange about linearity and then a general statement about Demon's Souls. If you want to say that the levels in DeS are linear that's fine but the game itself is not.
>>
It's been one year since the patch and the meme that DaS3 is lol longsword-only game is still going, very dreadful.
>>
>>376026332
You're confusing efficiency with effectiveness.
>>
File: vader.webm (3MB, 720x308px) Image search: [Google]
vader.webm
3MB, 720x308px
>>376026347
no.i just think it would add a bit more impact to the gameplay
>>
>>376025924
Not really, the hyper armor and the huge ass damage means it's even more viable since it kills enemies faster. Instead of stunlocking enemies, about 1 hit of yhorn great machete or black knight greataxe is going to kill shit dead in most cases.
So instead of running into an enemy and spamming R1 until it's stunlocked to death, you have to find late game weapons, spec for their usage and time your attacks well and position yourself properly so you can kill enemies in one hit without putting yourself at risk. Okay. You sure showed me.

>Yes it does.
No it doesn't.

>It has a number of two branching paths due to the Master key.
When you start at Firelink you can go to BT and ring the bell after fighting Queelag and skipping a bunch of shit. You can go through the forest and fight the butterfly thing. You can go through the forest and get to the blacksmith near the other bell. You can go through the aqueducts. You can go fight that boss with a bunch of masks. You can go get some items in New Londo, etc. I don't even like the original Dark Souls that much, but you have a lot of options in terms of what you feel like tackling and when.

>o, my point is that it doesn't change your game experience, you will go through the same shit over and over again.
Okay, but what if you want to go through an area that's difficult until you get a thing from another area, which you haven't done yet? What if you just feel like going through a particular area instead of going through another area? What if you just want to skip part of an area altogether? What if you're doing another playthrough and you want to make your way through the world using different paths at different times?
>>
>>376026384
The game itself is linear, like how Megaman is.
>>
>>376026176
So buying my cum stain for 10 trillion dollars is the most effective way to get a hold of it because it takes seconds.
>>
File: Brotherhood of the Wolf.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Brotherhood of the Wolf.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>376018447

Why not? Miyazaki made the original game because he's a fan of French cinema.
>>
>>376026549
No, stealing it would be because it'd a hell of a lot faster than raising 10 tril.
>>
>>376026512
DeS doesn't work like Megaman though. You can quit a stone any time you want and work your way through another.
>>
>>376026510
>So instead of running into an enemy and spamming R1 until it's stunlocked to death, you have to find late game weapons, spec for their usage and time your attacks well and position yourself properly so you can kill enemies in one hit without putting yourself at risk. Okay. You sure showed me.
Late game weapon? You kill Gundyr and Vordt and you already two of the best heavy weapons into the game.

Heck, you don't even need to kill Gundyr, just get the Black Knight halberd. That's less than 10 minutes into the game.

And no, these weapons will kill shit dead in one hit and you don't even need to position "properly" when you have hyper armor.
>No it doesn't.
Yes it does.
>When you start at Firelink you can go to BT and ring the bell after fighting Queelag and skipping a bunch of shit.
New Londo is a dead end, catacombs is a dead end. The master key allows you to go to blight town and dark root early, that's about it. You don't even need it per se because you can to darkroot as soon as you reach Andre.
>Okay, but what if you want to go through an area that's difficult until you get a thing from another area, which you haven't done yet? What if you just feel like going through a particular area instead of going through another area? What if you just want to skip part of an area altogether?
You can do that in DaS3 too, just run through everything, there are shortcuts.
>What if you're doing another playthrough and you want to make your way through the world using different paths at different times?
There are like 2 different paths at the start of DaS1 man, you either fight quelaag first, or you fight the gargoyle first.
>>
>>376025809
Gael is the best boss From has made so far, simple as that. It's Orphan on steroids, and the perfect ending this series could have had.

1. Gael
2. Orphan
3. Friede
4. Maria
These are the 4 best bosses in soulsborne games. Also Ludwig is the true meme here, not Gael. The only reason it gets so much praise is because of the cool cinematic and the memelight shitsword.
>>
>>376026882
I guess we have different definition of what linearity means.
>>
>>376026562
That movie would have been pure kino if it has more than one transforming weapon. Or atleast a saif/rakuyo.
>>
>>376026562
>Only real similarity between BOTW and Bloodborne is the stolen costumes
>People autistically claim that miyazaki ripped it off
>>
File: 1493653302793.jpg (429KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493653302793.jpg
429KB, 1200x800px
>>376027108
>Friede over Maria
>Friede and Maria in the top 4

Now I get it you were just joking all along.
>>
>>376026914
>Late game weapon? You kill Gundyr and Vordt and you already two of the best heavy weapons into the game.

You need the kilm too, and you said Yhorm's weapon and the Black Knight Greataxe.

>Heck, you don't even need to kill Gundyr, just get the Black Knight halberd. That's less than 10 minutes into the game.
I've played through Dark Souls 3 once, because it's shit and I don't care to play through it again, but I'm pretty sure there are no black knights with a guranteed halberd drop less than ten minutes into the game.

>And no, these weapons will kill shit dead in one hit and you don't even need to position "properly" when you have hyper armor.
If you don't want to get hit unnecessarily you do.

>Yes it does.
No.

>New Londo is a dead end, catacombs is a dead end. The master key allows you to go to blight town and dark root early, that's about it. You don't even need it per se because you can to darkroot as soon as you reach Andre.
I don't know what kind of weird standard of non-linearity you're trying to impose on our exchange here, but the fact that some areas are optional or they open up later doesn't make them not count as branching paths.

>You can do that in DaS3 too, just run through everything, there are shortcuts.
That sounds like a very interesting gameplay experience. I love running through everything for ten minutes and then being forced to fight bosses to continue running through more of the game.

>There are like 2 different paths at the start of DaS1 man, you either fight quelaag first, or you fight the gargoyle first.
No, there are more paths than that. A path isn't made something other than a path because it doesn't lead you to your ultimate objective.
>>
so is it worth getting ashes of ariandel?
i was thinking of skipping it
>>
Why does every fucking thread involving the Souls games and/or Bloodborne devolve into "THIS IS THE TRUE RANKING REEEEEEE MY OPINIONS ARE FACT"?
>>
>>376027126
Seems that way. I guess we'll have to meet up IRL and fight or something.
>>
File: Ryo and Kaizaki confused.png (353KB, 603x783px) Image search: [Google]
Ryo and Kaizaki confused.png
353KB, 603x783px
>>376017908
>wanting Bloodborne 2
>after DaS2 and 3
>>
>>376027503
Because autistic Dark Souls 2 and 3 fags come into these threads trying to convince everyone their games are the best ones, or at least just as good as the others. It's like having a group of friends and one day a mentally ill homeless person forced themselves into the circle trying to convince you that his diet is discarded cigarettes and eggshells is just as good as your diet of foie gras, ravioli and truffles.
>>
>>376027389
>You need the kilm too, and you said Yhorm's weapon and the Black Knight Greataxe.
Those two are great weapons but there are other great weapons available earlier.
>I've played through Dark Souls 3 once, because it's shit and I don't care to play through it again, but I'm pretty sure there are no black knights with a guranteed halberd drop less than ten minutes into the game.
It's a guaranteed because it's actually lying around next to Gundyr, not even a drop.
>If you don't want to get hit unnecessarily you do.
That's where hyper armor comes in.
>I don't know what kind of weird standard of non-linearity you're trying to impose on our exchange here, but the fact that some areas are optional or they open up later doesn't make them not count as branching paths.
The fact remains that you have to go fight the gargoyle and quelaag in order to proceed means it's not linear.
>That sounds like a very interesting gameplay experience. I love running through everything for ten minutes and then being forced to fight bosses to continue running through more of the game.
You mean like Dark Souls 1?
>No, there are more paths than that. A path isn't made something other than a path because it doesn't lead you to your ultimate objective.
These are the two ultimate paths that you must do in order for the game to continue. You can dick in catacombs and new londo all day and the game would not continue.
>>
>>376026054
This is one of those ideas that seems cool until you realize how limiting cyberpunk actually is. Dark Souls works well because of the environment variety and a huge city can only be taken so far. (case in point: Bloodborne)
>>
>>376027587
OK I choose the fire fighter axe.
>>
>>376027696
DaS3 is the best though.
>>
>>376027623
considering the first Bloodborne was already after DS2....
>>
>>376027108
>It's Orphan on steroids
Not really. I tend to have to homeward out of Gael's boss arena if I take too much hits before the halfway mark. Some of his strike feel really undeserving and don't leave much of an open window to attack and get away, but he will never do enough damage to kill it seems. Gael is just long and tedious. Probably would have been a better boss with a smaller health pool.
>>
>>376027773
>means it's not linear.
Means it's linear*
>>
>>376027435
The DLC itself is meh but the gear is good. You can get most of the stuff in AoA without fighting a single boss so I often literally run through it for the gear and then come back later to fight. Friede's a pretty cool boss but IMO her 2nd and 3rd stage should've been the only ones, 3 stages is just tedious.

>>376027503
It's the Zelda effect.
>The game that I started with was the best and it's all been downhill from there
>>
File: Canterbury Costanza.gif (188KB, 448x400px) Image search: [Google]
Canterbury Costanza.gif
188KB, 448x400px
>>376027867
>axe
Heathen.
>>
>>376028129
That reminds me, the fact you can do AoA also opens a lot of options regarding weapons.

Milwood Battle Axe a best.
>>
>>376027773
>It's a guaranteed because it's actually lying around next to Gundyr, not even a drop.
You're talking about the Untended Graves, one of the endgame areas which you can't get to unless you fight two of the most difficult late game bosses in the vanilla game when you don't even have a 3+ weapon yet or any health yet.

>That's where hyper armor comes in.
I know you can poise through their attacks, you moron, the point I'm making is that you still get hit and take unnecessary damage.

>The fact remains that you have to go fight the gargoyle and quelaag in order to proceed means it's not linear.
That isn't a fact. I don't know why you're saying it's a fact.

>You mean like Dark Souls 1?
No, because Dark Souls is designed in such a way so that you can quickly make your way around branching and alternative paths without having to fight bosses every five minutes.

>These are the two ultimate paths that you must do in order for the game to continue. You can dick in catacombs and new londo all day and the game would not continue.
Why are you putting a premium on 'ultimate paths' as though it's a sensible thing to do? Are you just being a faggot and not acknowledging the flexibility of terminology or something?
>>
File: 1487491675259.gif (2MB, 420x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487491675259.gif
2MB, 420x225px
>the weakest points of the extended Souls series are the sequels that spawned off of Dark Souls
They should stick to spin-offs, no more sequels.
>>
>>376028295
or stop giving the B team stuff to do

A Team -> Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne
B Team -> Dark Souls 2 & 3
>>
File: DS3 healing shield comparison.png (300KB, 629x707px) Image search: [Google]
DS3 healing shield comparison.png
300KB, 629x707px
>>376028241
Yeah the Millwood axe is pretty fucking great and you find the EOS near it, which is so good that it obviates that ADG.
>>
>>376019191
DaS3 was pretty underwhelming, and the DLC was shit.
>>
I hope you Sonybros will get a BBII, but that it's developed by the same team that made DS2.

Such news could make me cum hands free.
>>
>>376026774
No because stealing takes preparation and it requires an action for which i have counter measures.

It isn't guarranteed and therefore not effective.
>>
>>376028723
If they're given sufficient time that shouldn't be a problem.

DS2 DLC is better than Bloodborne.
>>
>>376018919
I liked the DS3 DLCs but come on now
>>
>>376028268
>You're talking about the Untended Graves, one of the endgame areas which you can't get to unless you fight two of the most difficult late game bosses in the vanilla game when you don't even have a 3+ weapon yet or any health yet.
OK, I backpedal a bit, but you can get the butcher's knife or deep battle axe early on, and these weapons will carry you through the game, for your slow strength build.
>I know you can poise through their attacks, you moron, the point I'm making is that you still get hit and take unnecessary damage.
And? You still kill enemies in one hit instead of stunlocking them, the damage is nothing with estus.
>That isn't a fact. I don't know why you're saying it's a fact.
It's a fact.
>No, because Dark Souls is designed in such a way so that you can quickly make your way around branching and alternative paths without having to fight bosses every five minutes.
But you have to? You have to beat the quelaag and gargoyles in order to proceed.
>Why are you putting a premium on 'ultimate paths' as though it's a sensible thing to do? Are you just being a faggot and not acknowledging the flexibility of terminology or something?
Because if you do not follow these paths, the game will not continue. Get it through your thick head.
>>
>>376028384
>A Team
>Demon Souls
>Bloodborne

So A team is SCE and B team is FROM?
>>
>>376028849
>DS2 DLC is better than Bloodborne.

I don't even own a PS4 and I hate Sonybros as much as the next guy, but the 10 minutes I played of BB were better than the 40~ hours I wasted on DS2.

There's one thing I hate more than Sonybros, and that's DS2fags and DLC apologists.
>>
>>376028723
Hey, they were on to something right at the beginning. Those first few game play demos for 2 looked amazing.
>>
>>376028672
>>376028384
Dark Souls 3 is the best Souls game though.
>>
>>376028623
I use that too. But what were they thinking? Adjust base game equipment too.

As of the latest patch, plus 4 twinkling titanite weapons equal +9 titanite weapons too. So they're just better.

>>376028723
S-team will save it like always. Just like they did for Demons Souls (From was in development hell) and Bloodborne (Old Hunters dlc).
>>
>>376029207
>Adjust base game equipment too.
>Implying FROM can balance

At this point the Astora ss is worse than a standard longsword despite having higher statreqs, Anri's ss caught an AR and HP regen nerf for no reason which was a huge blow to already anemic luck builds, and the FUGS does less damage than a heavy EGS despite being found later and having like twice the statreqs. FROM always makes things worse when they try to change things, look at how heavy armor and offensive miracles ended up in DS2.
>>
>>376029021
Neither of those weapons are slow.

>And? You still kill enemies in one hit instead of stunlocking them, the damage is nothing with estus.
So one strategy is objectively inferior because you take damage instead of not taking damage?

>It's a fact.
No, you appear to be clinging to some kind of bizarre definition of linearity that only you're using.

>But you have to? You have to beat the quelaag and gargoyles in order to proceed.
That's irrelevant. Linearity in game design does not only refer to having to complete fixed goals to progress through a game.

>Because if you do not follow these paths, the game will not continue.
Okay, that's irrelevant though. Grand Theft Auto isn't just as linear as God of War or whatever, because in both you have to complete fixed goals to get to the next bit. Dumb nigger.
>>
>>376024396
>or you can play tanker who trades hit.
no you fucking can't. in DaS1 you could. in DaS3, slow rolling is a death sentence because there is no poise to make it worth while. And armor isnt as effective at reducing damage either. especially when many bosses have flailing multihit attacks you NEED to dodge.

in DaS1 or even 2, tanking more or less worked.

in 3 it's awful
>>
>>376030047
You can definitely trade hits in DaS3 right now.

In fact, that's popular in PvP.
>>
>>376017908
Just ask for more Dark Souls, why do you have to ruin Bloodborne with your sequel faggotry?
>>
>>376024913
> DaS3 is the best Souls game.
there's that meme again.

I genuinely wonder what people who think 3 is best even like about the souls games
>>
>>376030001
>Neither of those weapons are slow.
They are though, Butcher's knife is the slowest axe, and the axe is slower than longsword, both are heavy strength weapon.
>So one strategy is objectively inferior because you take damage instead of not taking damage?
How is it inferior when you kill enemy or one group of enemies in one hit, assuring that nothing can harm you after the 1st hit?

>No, you appear to be clinging to some kind of bizarre definition of linearity that only you're using.
Linearity means a straight line, you follow from start to finish.
>That's irrelevant. Linearity in game design does not only refer to having to complete fixed goals to progress through a game.
If we are speaking about linearity in game design, then DaS1 is absolutely linear by how most of the games are hallways.

>Okay, that's irrelevant though. Grand Theft Auto isn't just as linear as God of War or whatever, because in both you have to complete fixed goals to get to the next bit. Dumb nigger.
It's every bit relevant, because compared to something like GTA, DaS1 is a linear game.
>>
>fucking DS2 faggots, i hope you all die from cancer.
BB>DaS3=DaS1>DeS>>>>>shit>
>>
>>376030353
The combat?
The level design?
The challenging enemies and bosses?
The lore?
>>
>>376028765
Neither is getting 10 trillion, just because there is no truly effective way of acquiring something doesn't mean there isn't a most effective.
>>
>>376030570
>They are though, Butcher's knife is the slowest axe, and the axe is slower than longsword, both are heavy strength weapon.
No.

>How is it inferior when you kill enemy or one group of enemies in one hit, assuring that nothing can harm you after the 1st hit?
I don't know how I can explain this any clearer to you: with slower, stronger weapons in Dark Souls 3 you're more at risk of taking damage than you are with faster moderate damage weapons. Taking damage is bad because it consumes your resources and brings you closer to death, which is bad.

>Linearity means a straight line, you follow from start to finish.
I agree, but that isn't what do have to do in Dark Souls.

>If we are speaking about linearity in game design, then DaS1 is absolutely linear by how most of the games are hallways.
No, linearity isn't "what isn't an open-world game."

>It's every bit relevant, because compared to something like GTA, DaS1 is a linear game.
By my standards they are, but with the standards you've laid out they're equally as linear because you have fixed goals to progress and it doesn't matter how you approach them. I agree that your standards are retarded though.
>>
>>376030642
All of those things have been done better in other games in the series.
>>
>>376031101
>You have to be born
>That takes time
>Not effective
It is time to stop.

This just proves that speed is not the only factor when it comes to effectiveness.
Amount of effort is also very much relevant.
>>
>>376031129
>No.
You are ignoring reality now.
>I don't know how I can explain this any clearer to you: with slower, stronger weapons in Dark Souls 3 you're more at risk of taking damage than you are with faster moderate damage weapons. Taking damage is bad because it consumes your resources and brings you closer to death, which is bad.
You cannot explain to me because you are wrong. You cannot stunlock a group of enemies with your longsword, while I can kill a group of enemies with one axe/hammer swing and lose only lose a bit of health in the process.
>I agree, but that isn't what do have to do in Dark Souls.
Dark Souls is a hallway from start to finish, the fact you can choose your path does not stop it from not being a hallway.
>No, linearity isn't "what isn't an open-world game."
Linearity means a straight line, and this fixes Dark Souls's world design, you go from hallways to hallways, but the master key allows you different hallways.
>By my standards they are, but with the standards you've laid out they're equally as linear because you have fixed goals to progress and it doesn't matter how you approach them. I agree that your standards are retarded though.
If we are speaking about standards then there's nothing to talk about, my standard is right and your standard is shit.
>>
>>376031216
No.

Dark Souls has worse combat, enemies and bosses than Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>376019191
>Why wouldn't it?
nu
>>
>>376031320
I've never seen a bigger non-argument someone has bothered to actually construct and then write out. Just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>376026424
Okay, so that's the most efficient way to do thing.
>>
>>376030642
>The combat?
has been done better in previous games

>The level design?
the level design is awful are you kidding me?
Demon's Souls and DaS1(for the most part) had way better level design. Even Bloodborne.

>The challenging enemies and bosses?
for all the wrong reasons. Also thats very vague, considering that could apply to ANY of the souls games, or, in fact, to the series as a whole, considering that tends to be it's selling point

>The lore?
DaS3's lore is literally rehashes of DeS and DaS lore tidbits, along with retcons and rewrites. it is way less cohesive. Even 2 had better lore, despite being a mess.

I get the feeling you haven't played the other games, and just jumped on the bandwagon with 3 because of it's "SO EPIK XD" marketing.

otherwise, you have some very strange tastes.
>>
File: DS3.jpg (135KB, 1079x1404px) Image search: [Google]
DS3.jpg
135KB, 1079x1404px
>>376028384

>A-Team(Hidetaka Miyazaki) & Japan Studio
Demon's Souls(2009), Bloodborne(2015)

>A-Team(Hidetaka Miyazaki)
Dark Souls(2011)

>A-Team(Design Hidetaka Miyazaki) & B-Team(PvP Balance Changes Isamu Okano, Yui Tanimura)
Dark Souls 3(2016)

>B-Team(Tomohiro Shibuya, Yui Tanimura)
Dark Souls 2(2014)
>>
File: linearmap.jpg (94KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
linearmap.jpg
94KB, 960x955px
>>376031418
>You are ignoring reality now.
No I'm not, I'm refusing to classify this weapon as "slow and heavy": https://youtu.be/h4V1tLK4QeI?t=28

>You cannot explain to me because you are wrong. You cannot stunlock a group of enemies with your longsword, while I can kill a group of enemies with one axe/hammer swing and lose only lose a bit of health in the process
I agree with that, but there's never a point in Dark Souls 3 that you need to stunlock a group of enemies.

>Dark Souls is a hallway from start to finish, the fact you can choose your path does not stop it from not being a hallway.
Hallways are not necessarily linear, dumb shit. A singular hallway that delivers you to and from a total of one direction is a linear hallway. Dark Souls level design is not like this, since there are multiple criss-crossing hallways.

>Linearity means a straight line, and this fixes Dark Souls's world design, you go from hallways to hallways, but the master key allows you different hallways.
Dark Souls is not a straight line you dumb fuck. Do you know what a straight line looks like? It's not pic related.

>If we are speaking about standards then there's nothing to talk about, my standard is right and your standard is shit.
No, you are wrong and I am right.
>>
>>376031503
So what? Dark Souls isn't the only game in the series. Bloodborne combat shits all over Dark Souls 3 combat and it has better bosses on the whole too.
>>
>>376026562
>tfw you have the korean blu ray of BoTW
>>
>>376031823
>has been done better in previous games
Only in Bloodborne.
>the level design is awful are you kidding me?
No, it's not, it's a bit more linear but the item placement and enemy placement is still way better than DaS2 and is on pair with DaS1, you are also less likely to break the game due to

>for all the wrong reasons.
Not really, enemies are much aggressive and bosses hit much harder, those are not wrong reasons.
>DaS3's lore is literally rehashes of DeS and DaS lore tidbits
Explain.
>along with retcons and rewrites. it is way less cohesive.
Explain.
>Even 2 had better lore, despite being a mess.
Explain.
>I get the feeling you haven't played the other games, and just jumped on the bandwagon with 3 because of it's "SO EPIK XD" marketing.
I play DaS1 and DaS2 and DaS3 has the best gameplay in the series, bar DeS and BB.

>otherwise, you have some very strange tastes.
No, it's actually common around Souls players, people would cream their pants if DaS1 is remade into DaS3 style.
>>
>>376032010
>No I'm not, I'm refusing to classify this weapon as "slow and heavy":
Then you are ignoring reality, because it's slow and heavy compared to the longsword, which is the standard weapon you get, and your entire crux of argument.
>I agree with that, but there's never a point in Dark Souls 3 that you need to stunlock a group of enemies.
No, Dark Souls 3 throws a shitton of enemies at you, you can either roll around and stunlock each one of them, or do it my way and one hit kill them or a group of them.

>Hallways are not necessarily linear, dumb shit. A singular hallway that delivers you to and from a total of one direction is a linear hallway. Dark Souls level design is not like this, since there are multiple criss-crossing hallways.
Dark Souls hallways are actually linear as shit, the master key opens up the way, but it's still a linear path.
>No, you are wrong and I am right.
Nice argument.

>Dark Souls is not a straight line you dumb fuck. Do you know what a straight line looks like? It's not pic related.
So you are playing map design now, if you are using map design, DaS3 is not linear either ways.
>>
>>376032131
And?

Dark Souls 3 still does it better than Dark Souls.
>>
>>376032615
no, it really doesn't.

because it's trying to be both Dark Souls AND Bloodborne at the same time, when those two gameplay designs don't mix
>>
>>376032856
But it does, as shown in Dark Souls 3.

Unless you think super fast combat and hyper armor hasn't been done before, it's fucking called Demon's Souls.
>>
>>376032513
>Then you are ignoring reality, because it's slow and heavy compared to the longsword, which is the standard weapon you get, and your entire crux of argument.
No it isn't you fucking idiot. The crux of my argument is that the faster weapons you get with good stagger are overpowered. A slightly slower weapon isn't going to suddenly make the game 500x harder or some bullshit.

>No, Dark Souls 3 throws a shitton of enemies at you, you can either roll around and stunlock each one of them, or do it my way and one hit kill them or a group of them.
No it doesn't.

>Dark Souls hallways are actually linear as shit, the master key opens up the way, but it's still a linear path.
God you're stupid. How are you so fucking stupid? MANY LINEAR PATHS THAT LEAD TO SHARED POINTS CONSTITUTE NON-LINEARITY.

>So you are playing map design now, if you are using map design, DaS3 is not linear either ways.
It's obviously not entirely linear, you dumb fuck. I never said it was. I said it's more linear than Dark Souls.
>>
>>376032010
Whats the deal with souls games and turning to shit as soon as the level is not in a castle or city btw?
>>
>>376033128
>No it isn't you fucking idiot. The crux of my argument is that the faster weapons you get with good stagger are overpowered. A slightly slower weapon isn't going to suddenly make the game 500x harder or some bullshit.
Every weapon in Dark Souls are faster than their equivalent of Dark Souls 1, which means all of them are overpowered?
>No it doesn't.
Yes, yes, it does, please see the Ringed City.
>God you're stupid. How are you so fucking stupid? MANY LINEAR PATHS THAT LEAD TO SHARED POINTS CONSTITUTE NON-LINEARITY.
Linearity means a straight line from start to finish, this is how Dark Souls 1 level is designed.
>It's obviously not entirely linear, you dumb fuck. I never said it was. I said it's more linear than Dark Souls.
Oh coolio, so it's not really a problem then.
>>
>>376017908
Please no, I hope they do something original and new this time.
>>
>>376033465
>Every weapon in Dark Souls 3 are faster than their equivalent of Dark Souls 1, which means all of them are overpowered?*
>>
>ITT Literal Cancer
Acting worse than Final Fantasy fans
>>
>>376020479
Well, I guess you're oblivious to the sound of your own voice, then. Check and mate.
>>
>>376033474
original what, what other setting can they do, pirate souls? caveman souls, slav souls, space souls?
>>
>>376033809
Don't do a Souls game anymore.

Make Armored Core.
>>
Make a Kings Field game for PS VR
>>
>>376033465
>Every weapon in Dark Souls are faster than their equivalent of Dark Souls 1, which means all of them are overpowered?
No, and obviously I didn't even imply that and you're just being obtuse because you don't have a better argument. What it does show is that faster weapons are more necessary than Dark Souls 3 though, which is my entire point.

>Yes, yes, it does, please see the Ringed City.
Didn't play, won't ever play, Dark Souls 3 DLC isn't worth playing because the vanilla game isn't very good. I'll take your word for it, but that's not a significant portion of the game.

>Linearity means a straight line from start to finish, this is how Dark Souls 1 level is designed.
Yeah, a straight line, not straight lines. I'll even grant you that every Dark Souls level is a complete straight line, which is obviously not true. If I accept this is the case, it's still not a straight line, it's straight LINES---PLURAL.

>Oh coolio, so it's not really a problem then.
Why would it suddenly become less of a problem? Are you too retarded to understand that linearity exists on a spectrum?
>>
>>376033918
Then, it's still an unoriginal setup, that has been done before
>>
>>376034015
>No, and obviously I didn't even imply that and you're just being obtuse because you don't have a better argument.
Start to argue anytime.
>What it does show is that faster weapons are more necessary than Dark Souls 3 though, which is my entire point.
Uh, then your entire point is wrong, as proven by the playerbase since they prefer strength weapon now. Turn out that heavy but longer reach weapon is even more necessary than roll and slash because you can kill mob AND bosses faster.

>Didn't play, won't ever play, Dark Souls 3 DLC isn't worth playing because the vanilla game isn't very good.
Never mind then, if you don't even play.
>I'll take your word for it, but that's not a significant portion of the game.
Due to the length of the DLC, the DLC IS a significant portion of the game and it's harder than the base game.
>Yeah, a straight line, not straight lines. I'll even grant you that every Dark Souls level is a complete straight line, which is obviously not true. If I accept this is the case, it's still not a straight line, it's straight LINES---PLURAL.
Straight lines are linearity.

>Why would it suddenly become less of a problem? Are you too retarded to understand that linearity exists on a spectrum?
It's not a really problem because linearity isn't bad and Dark Souls 3 isn't linear either ways.
>>
File: God hates fun robot.png (109KB, 400x419px) Image search: [Google]
God hates fun robot.png
109KB, 400x419px
>>376033657
That's what happens when a series becomes a milestone for MLGkids.
>>
>>376034229
I for one don't give a shit about originality.
>>
>>376034426
>Uh, then your entire point is wrong, as proven by the playerbase since they prefer strength weapon now. Turn out that heavy but longer reach weapon is even more necessary than roll and slash because you can kill mob AND bosses faster.
NO YOU DUMB FUCK BECAUSE THEY'RE PLAYERS WHO CAN EASILY ADJUST FOR TIMING AND POSITION AND HAVING ONE BILLION ESTUS FLASKS AND DON'T NEED MANY TO BEGIN WITH BECAUSE THEY'RE ALREADY EXPERIENCED YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID

>Straight lines are linearity.
A STRAIGHT LINE ON ITS OWN IS LINEAR, A SERIES OF STRAIGHT LINES THAT CRISS-CROSS AND CONNECT TO EACH OTHER AT DIFFERENT POINTS ARE NOT LINEAR

>It's not a really problem because linearity isn't bad and Dark Souls 3 isn't linear either ways.
LINEARITY IS A PROBLEM IN DARK SOULS GAMES AND DARK SOULS 3 IS MORE LINEAR THAN THE OTHER GAMES IN THE SERIES
>>
>>376032194

> it's a bit more linear
A bit! the game is practically a straight line! there is only ever maybe 1 side path that is still only a short dead end!

in DaS1, from Firelink, you could fuck around in the catacombs and TotG, or go through Undead Burg. (which is the proper way to go.) from there, you can go to the church, or go to lower burg, which leads to Blighttown, (and also connects to upper burg) or go to the church. from which you can access darkroot garden+basin, which is a large, ultimately looping area, that also connects to undead burg.

DaS1 had options, even if there was a specific path for story progression.

Even DaS2- at the start, you have at least 2 choices of starting level. you can go to the forest of the giants, which leads to the bastille, or go to heide's. which itself then has a side path to the cathedral of blue, and the main path, which leads to the wharf, which then rejoins bastille, but from another entrance. And bastille itself is a large level with multiple paths to take.

DaS3?

you start and you go to the high wall. there, you go to the undead settlement, which leads one way to crucifixion woods, which leads to farron keep, which leads to catacombs. With only a small side path to Cathedral of the Deep.

sure, you could go to lothric castle early, IF you know that killing the woman summons Dancer. and then the game arbitrarily locks you out of the archives with a key that spawns right at the entrance, but only after you kill the other 3 lords of cinder. it isnt an item you find at the other end of the game, or on an npc elsewhere in the world, no. it's a dead body that spawns right at the entrance, but for some reason, only after completing the rest of the game.

DaS3 is almost as bad as DaS2 with it's gating too.
>>
>>376034514
that's because you're a dumb fuck and you only like small aspects of the games
>>
>>376018809
>massive downgrade
>disjointed world / poorest world design
>some pretty fucked boss designs
>better than the original / most novel game in the series and the one that has way better world design and bosses overall

Nah. I had fun with 2 but it's the worst in the series.

DeS > DaSIII > DaSI > BB > DaSII
>>
>>376034693
>NO YOU DUMB FUCK BECAUSE THEY'RE PLAYERS WHO CAN EASILY ADJUST FOR TIMING AND POSITION AND HAVING ONE BILLION ESTUS FLASKS AND DON'T NEED MANY TO BEGIN WITH BECAUSE THEY'RE ALREADY EXPERIENCED YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID
No, you stupid fuck, these players have been rolling around with heavy weapons since the beginning with the great machete and only move their play style from there, you being bad at heavy weapon doesn't mean everyone is like that.
>A STRAIGHT LINE ON ITS OWN IS LINEAR, A SERIES OF STRAIGHT LINES THAT CRISS-CROSS AND CONNECT TO EACH OTHER AT DIFFERENT POINTS ARE NOT LINEAR
They are linear, you can not change the direction or just jump straight into other lines, you have to complete the lines in order to continue.
>LINEARITY IS A PROBLEM IN DARK SOULS GAMES
It's not.
>AND DARK SOULS 3 IS MORE LINEAR THAN THE OTHER GAMES IN THE SERIES
It's actually better this way since there is less way to break the game.
>>
>>376034813
So it's a bit more linear than Dark Souls, considering New Londo and catacombs are both dead ends unless you progress at the game.

Face it, you can only choose 2 paths, and that's only due to the master key.

if you don't pick the master key, you are shit out of luck.
>>
>>376034426
>Dark Souls 3 isn't linear either ways.
it boggles my mind how you can think DaS3 is not linear in any way but Dark Souls 1 is somehow a straight line.

I literally cannot wrap my head around your logic
>>
>>376022924
I don't consider Living Failures exactly a low quality battle
>>
File: Zoog face.png (34KB, 306x244px) Image search: [Google]
Zoog face.png
34KB, 306x244px
>>376034514
Frankly people shouldn't as far as FROM's games go. Pretty much everything in the Dark Souls franchise is stuff from King's Field thrown into the DeS formula, which was itself a mashup of several things from other games like OoT & Onimusha. DeS and BB borrow heavily from literature, even to the point where rat eyes in BB looked like Zoog in the dark. Not to mention the fishing hamlet. Soulsborne games are derivative works and that's precisely what makes them so good. That said I would like to get away from Dark Souls for the express purpose of never hearing about muh flame again. That shit was half a story and people got way too ate up with it because of e-celebs.
>>
>>376035121
If Dark Souls 3 is not linear, then Dark Souls 1 isn't linear.

If Dark Souls 3 is linear, then so is Dark Souls 1.

You are only one way to deviate from the path in either games, at least DaS3 doesn't require a gift item to do it.
>>
>>376034954
I just fixed my sleeping schedule but I stayed up half the night arguing with you, you thick fuck, and now you're acting like you've been collecting statistics about who's using heavy / slow weapons in their playthroughs

I'm going to bed, fuck you and die in hell you dense faggot retard, keep thinking that Castlevania (NES) is just as linear as Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse because "the areas themselves are linear so the fact that you can choose between one path or another doesn't make it any less linear hyuck"

dumb fuck, shit eat and die
>>
>>376035110
and yet you still have the option to take the key, which breaks the entire structure of the game. nobody plays with anything else anymore. you can call that a design flaw, and i'd agree, but the fact still stands.
>>
>>376019191
This is true
>>
>>376035404

"lalalalala if you can say this bad thing about my favorite game WHICH I DON'T EVEN AGREE IS A BAD THING BUT I'LL STILL SAY IT ISN'T TRUE!!!!!! then I'll say the same thing about another game I don't like as much lalalalalala"
>>
>>376035405
>I just fixed my sleeping schedule but I stayed up half the night arguing with you, you thick fuck, and now you're acting like you've been collecting statistics about who's using heavy / slow weapons in their playthroughs
Everyone is using strength weapons now while your retarded ass is still using the whole longsword is overpowered. Get real and start to argue.

>I'm going to bed, fuck you and die in hell you dense faggot retard, keep thinking that Castlevania (NES) is just as linear as Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse because "the areas themselves are linear so the fact that you can choose between one path or another doesn't make it any less linear hyuck"
Great, so Dark Souls 3 is not any less linear than Dark Souls 1 since it allows you one more path to go, just like Dark Souls 1.

>dumb fuck, shit eat and die
Hey dumb fuck, start to argue any times because your argument is shit.
>>
>>376035393
FROM's games do have some originality in how they twist and subvert their influences. Bloodborne does anyway, that's the only game in the series I've ever really gotten into. Having Great Ones come from space is a superficial nod to Lovecraft, but how they're written into the story is totally at odds with the concepts in Lovecraft.
>>
>>376035445
It doesn't break the structure the game, you just get to fight Quelaag first, just like how you can choose between the bosses in DaS3.
>>
>>376035393
Dark Souls 3 is better than Dark Souls 1, and the only reason people think away is because of nostalgia of Dark Souls 1.

And it's frankly disgusting that way.
>>
>>376035404
the question here is execution.

in DaS, while there may be one specific path to story progression, you have the illusion of a living open world because from firelink you can go down all the way to tomb of the giants, or go to undead burg. and after Taurus Demon, you can follow on to the church, or go down to lower burg. And each way has content behind it. Church leads to darkroot, which loops back on itself, or leads back to undead burg, and lower burg leads to the sewers, which leads to blighttown and then demon ruins.

in DaS3, side paths are always dead ends, if there at all.
>>
>>376036017
In Dark Souls 3, you can access to lothric in different way depending on which path you choose.

In DaS, with the master key, you unlock brighttown early, that's about it.

The whole game stays the same.
>>
>>376035658
>Everyone is using strength weapons now while your retarded ass is still using the whole longsword is overpowered. Get real and start to argue.

by everyone do you happen to mean people who are skilled at the game already, anon? you see, earlier I made the point that of course people are going to favor harder to use but more effective weapons as they become more skilled at the game, but initial point about longswords being overpowered was that it gives new players an option that will allow them to get through the game in a way that requires very little thought, strategy or variety. you see, I never said or implied that one-handed weapons are the best weapons possible and no-one will ever move past them to increase their effectiveness, rather my point was that one-handed weapons are handed to you very early and they're all you need to be effective for your first playthrough, which is an extremely important playthrough because once you know how enemies attack the games lose a lot of their challenge

>Great, so Dark Souls 3 is not any less linear than Dark Souls 1 since it allows you one more path to go, just like Dark Souls 1.
dark souls 1 allows you more paths than dark souls 3, which is why dark souls 1 is less linear (more paths) than dark souls 3 (less paths)
>>
>>376017908
god I hope not
any sequel would definitely be trash since Miyazaki has no more interest in the IP
>>
>>376019191
you're objectively wrong and probably underage
>>
>>376035761
>FROM's games do have some originality in how they twist and subvert their influences.

Absolutely, that's why I didn't call them rehashes or something. I think they do a great job of turning old things into new stuff. For instance, the wyvern thing that the NK rides in DS3 was actually an annoying dickhead fireball breathing enemy that was present in the area of KF4 that inspired Shulva in DS2.

>>376035876
>Dark Souls 3 is better than Dark Souls 1

I agree in every aspect except world design, although I think the individual levels are good enough to make up for it. I really like the CotD and the Catacombs (not long enough IMO) and Irithyll and the Archives.
>>
>>376035876
I've been arguing with you for hours about dark souls 1 being better than 3, and I don't even particularly like dark souls 1. I don't have any nostalgia for that game

I certainly do not have any nostalgia for dark souls 2 and I think 2 is better than 3 as well
>>
>>376036205
No, I mean people who prefer slower but harder fighting weapon, because they prefer STR weapons.

>but initial point about longswords being overpowered was that it gives new players an option that will allow them to get through the game in a way that requires very little thought, strategy or variety.
If that is a problem then it's also Dark Souls 1's problem because it's the same shit.

>rather my point was that one-handed weapons are handed to you very early and they're all you need to be effective for your first playthrough, which is an extremely important playthrough because once you know how enemies attack the games lose a lot of their challenge
That's true for every Souls games, surprise, people still flock to strength weapons because unlike you, they don't like fast low-hitting weapons since they kill slower.

>dark souls 1 allows you more paths than dark souls 3, which is why dark souls 1 is less linear (more paths) than dark souls 3 (less paths)
No, Dark Souls 1 allows you one more path, just like Dark Souls 3 offers one more path.
>>
>>376036112
"haha yeah just fight this late game boss when you're level 10 this game supports doing things out of other just as much as dark souls"
>>
>>376036363
I don't really care for your opinion then.

Only morons prefer Dark Souls 2, nobody can defend these atrocious animation.
>>
>>376036461
Git gud, especially if it's first playthrough.
>>
>>376036559
2 and 3 are pretty close in my opinion, they're both shit games but 2 has better themes, more interesting characters, less sequel baggage, less monotone areas and it doesn't force you down one path as often as 3 does

3 has good bosses and that's pretty much it
>>
>>376027380
Yes anon, as much as I love Bloodborne, the DLC and Maria, Friede is just a better Maria.

The progression of the fight with the 3 phases feels more intense than Maria stabing herself and going full blood explosions, her animations are better, her moveset is cooler looking (Maria dashing and flying to release blood slashes is brutal, but it doesn't compare with Friede doing a 1080 noscope animeflip with blackflame eruptions while jumping invisible all over the place with ice attacks), the fight itself feels more tense and is harder (not that it has to be hard to be good, some amazing bosses are piss easy, but I would have liked a tiny bit more challenge from Maria, especially compared to Memewig and Orphan of Bullshit), and Friede is just cuter.

Maria does have a way better arena tho.
Soundtracks are on par, both have their own style. Lore is also on par, tho I have a slight preference for Friede.
>>
>>376036749
Well, one has better gameplay, good hitboxes, better enemies and bosses, better weapons and DLC.

One does not.

And no, DaS3 is not a "shit game", gameplay-wise, that can be used to describe DaS1 and DaS2, but not DaS3.
>>
>>376036456
>No, I mean people who prefer slower but harder fighting weapon, because they prefer STR weapons.

so what you're saying is that because people prefer to play with these heavier weapons and they're successful with them, that means the one-handed weapons don't have an advantage, evidenced by what players often prefer to use?

>If that is a problem then it's also Dark Souls 1's problem because it's the same shit.
I agree it's also a problem in dark souls 1, but as I've been over a million times now it's not as much of a problem because the enemies in dark souls 1 attack you slower and less aggressively so the game is more forgiving towards slow attacks

>That's true for every Souls games, surprise, people still flock to strength weapons because unlike you, they don't like fast low-hitting weapons since they kill slower.
I'm not really interested in what people like, I'm interested in what allows you to stunlock 95% of the game to death without risking getting hit while you're winding up slow attacks

>No, Dark Souls 1 allows you one more path, just like Dark Souls 3 offers one more path.
okay, but that isn't really true, is it? because dark souls 1 actually offers you many more paths to take, it's just that only two of the paths are going to progress you into the next bit of the game. however, something is linear or non-linear regardless of whether or not it gets you to the end of the next level
>>
>>376035361
>I don't consider Living Failures exactly a low quality battle
Why? The dlc was so good and then we get another meme fight like the celestial emissary
>>
>>376027435
Don't skip it, it's pretty great.
The only issue is that it's shorter than the others, and has only one boss, Gravetender a shit.

But the visuals are fantastic, the level design is among the best in the series, the lore is great if you're into that, the weapons are cool as shit (Valorheart and Friede's scythe are 10/10), and Friede is one of the best soulsborne bosses. And it sets up the second DLC.

Sure you can skip it, but it's well worth its price.
>>
>>376017908
I want BB2 from Miyazaki. Only /v/ faggots shitting on BB2
> duuuhh my bb was purrrfect
> we dun need sequeeeel
> babyrage.png
fucking 19 y.o. shitheads
>>
>>376037207
Because it looks and sounds cool as fuck, that's all I need.
Also harder than Lady Maria in NG+.
>>
>>376031986
So Bloodborne is C-Team?
>>
>>376037198
>so what you're saying is that because people prefer to play with these heavier weapons and they're successful with them, that means the one-handed weapons don't have an advantage, evidenced by what players often prefer to use?
Yes, because that's the entire point, the people actually prefer these slow and heavier weapons because they kill quicker i.e. more efficient through playthrough.
>I agree it's also a problem in dark souls 1, but as I've been over a million times now it's not as much of a problem because the enemies in dark souls 1 attack you slower and less aggressively so the game is more forgiving towards slow attacks
You can repeat a million times and you would still be wrong, because if the enemy is slower, it means the stunlock should be spammed even more, while in DaS3, even the slowest weapons are relative fast and spammable.
>I'm not really interested in what people like, I'm interested in what allows you to stunlock 95% of the game to death without risking getting hit while you're winding up slow attacks
So you are not interested in Dark Souls games since every Dark Souls games allow that?
>okay, but that isn't really true, is it?
Okay but that's actually true.

It offers you a path to kill Quelaag first, that's it.
>>
>>376036456
>they don't like fast low-hitting weapons since they kill slower.
What are dex fags
>>
>>376036902
>Well, one has better gameplay, good hitboxes, better enemies and bosses, better weapons and DLC.

it's strange that you say that, because although I didn't play the DLC for either game, I don't think either has good gameplay or is particularly enjoyable to play after putting in 20 hours or so to a first playthrough
>>
>>376037241
alright thanks. i guess ill wait for the goty edition for pc when it releases
>>
>>376037656
Actually are dying since even STR weapons are fast enough to stunlock and destroy shit now.

With the hyper armor buff patch too.
>>
>>376037407
I never did toh in ng+ yet but I find that hard to believe
>>
>>376037712
Well, it's really strange to see that considering you consider DaS1 enjoyable to playthrough, in comparison to something as good and polished as Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>376037459
>Yes, because that's the entire point, the people actually prefer these slow and heavier weapons because they kill quicker i.e. more efficient through playthrough.
is it actually a more efficient playthrough when you take damage and lower your estus amount just so you can kill enemies slightly quicker, assuming most of them don't eat up time by hitting you and making you heal or knocking you over or whatever?

>You can repeat a million times and you would still be wrong, because if the enemy is slower, it means the stunlock should be spammed even more, while in DaS3, even the slowest weapons are relative fast and spammable.
can you re-write this sentence so it's coherent? if the enemies are slower that means the stunlock should be spammed even more? I don't know what you're trying to communicate here

>So you are not interested in Dark Souls games since every Dark Souls games allow that?
actually, if you read the words I wrote to you in my post, I said I'm not interested in what people prefer. I did not say "I'm not interested in a game where you can stunlock enemies to death without getting hit"

>Okay but that's actually true. It offers you a path to kill Quelaag first, that's it.
why don't all the other paths count? why do you feel as though only if something leads you to a critical point of your progression it's valid as an alternate path through the world of the game?
>>
>>376037759
Stick to Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>376036749
>3 has good bosses and that's pretty much it
It also has the best individual level design. Areas like undead settlement, lothric castle and cathedral of the deep obliterate even the best of previous games like ariamis, nothing comes close the das3 in terms of level design.
Also
>by far the best gameplay
>best and most fun weapons
>weapon arts making 90% of the weapons feel unique and viable
>best pve and pvp balance
>best graphics/animations

No matter how you look at it, no matter how you hate it, DaS3 is just the best souls game objectively speaking. BB is the only soulsborne better than 3, and not in every aspect. You can like 1 and hate 3, that's fine, everyone has different taste, but when you stop memeing, you see that 3 is just a level above 1 and 2.
>>
>>376020651
Ate you an actual retard? Of course you can make stuff worse by adding things. What about if all you add is shit, retroactively ruining previous stories via retconning? Which souls 3 does btw, a lot. If you're left with a good bad ratio of 1:4, would you seriously consider that to be equal to something with a complete and well thought out story?
Then again you're the crowd souls 2 and 3 were going for, you faggots have no pallette and lap this shit up.
>>
>>376036902
das3 is the worst in the series as far as gameplay goes for me. rolling is too easy, there's no reason to use any shield except a greatshield or the three or four with parry frames so long i could take a nap and magic is worthless.

sure, a number of the bosses are fun to fight against but only because of the sacrifices to the core gameplay that makes it faster created. there's less player choice in 3 than in any from software game.
>>
>>376037843
yes, very strange indeed, it's almost as though dark souls 1 offers something different to dark souls 2 and particularly dark souls 3

perhaps it's just my nostalgia for a game that I don't even particularly like... yes... I think so...
>>
>>376037737
You can always pirate das3 and the dlc on piratebay and try them out, see if you like em.
A lot depends on if you like vanilla das3 or not. If you're the average underaged /v/ memelord that hated the game because it's not a carbon copy of 1, you won't like the dlc. Otherwise you'll like it a lot despite it being short.

The ringed city is on a whole other level of fantastic, literally old hunters tier.
>>
>>376038379
>If you're the average underaged /v/ memelord

what did he buzzword by this
>>
>>376038095
Stick to the hardest game in the series? Got it.

Bloodborne is painfully easy and you know it. That doesn't make it bad - Dark Souls 1 is very easy too and yet it's still enjoyable, but throwing around Dark Souls 2 as a buzzword insult just makes you look like a retard.
>>
>>376038082
>is it actually a more efficient playthrough when you take damage and lower your estus amount just so you can kill enemies slightly quicker, assuming most of them don't eat up time by hitting you and making you heal or knocking you over or whatever?
It's actually more efficient because it's quicker, and it's not slightly quicker, you can kill entire group of enemy with one vertical swing of the great machete, as opposed to you roll and hit enemies one by one.
>can you re-write this sentence so it's coherent? if the enemies are slower that means the stunlock should be spammed even more? I don't know what you're trying to communicate here
It's already coherent, if the enemy attacks slower, that means even more attempts to stunlock, and you are effectively invincible if you keep hitting them.
>actually, if you read the words I wrote to you in my post, I said I'm not interested in what people prefer. I did not say "I'm not interested in a game where you can stunlock enemies to death without getting hit"
You said, you are "interested in what allows you to stunlock 95% of the game to death without risking getting hit while you're winding up slow attacks", so I guess you are interested in action games in general? My take on it?
>why don't all the other paths count?
What are the other paths? You either kill Quelaag first or gargoyles first, the other paths are dead ends that you cannot progress the game.
>>
>>376037759
Try to parry Maria next time.
>>
>>376038095
I haven't played Das2
>>
>>376038423
>Bloodborne is painfully easy and you know it
Not as much as the other games in the series though.
I can't think of a single first level in the series as hard as Central Yharnam, a single boss harder than Orphan and Ludwig, a single late game level as hard as any CRF root dungeon.
>>
>>376038379
I agree DS3 is the best souls game imo
>>
>>376038629
Maybe if you had more games on your console you'd experience more difficult levels and bosses.
>>
>>376038286
What in the fuck? So you are there are less builds in DaS3 than even Bloodborne? Proof?

And I would like to see you take a nap while playing it, while I can play DaS1 blind with max poise and HP.

>>376038292
Dark Souls 3 is the only thing that offers something different, and it does that by going back to Demon's Souls and BB instead of making aanother poise-heavy game.
>>
>>376017908
Just for the love of god make it 60fps or higher
>>
>>376038161
>It also has the best individual level design. Areas like undead settlement, lothric castle and cathedral of the deep obliterate even the best of previous games like ariamis, nothing comes close the das3 in terms of level design.
could you go into more detail on what makes the level design in dark souls 3 good? for me, the level design only works in tandem with the encounters, which are, I feel, extremely weak in dark souls 3. I can understand someone thinking the level looks cool or whatever, or it's designed in such a way that makes it easy to navigate quickly after you've unlocked the shortcuts or something, but it's difficult for me to imagine why someone would call the layout of the level itself good unless it directly relates to environment hazards or combat, e.g., things that challenge you. for instance, in demon's souls there's stonefang mine which has multiple slow moving enemies in cramped areas that are vulnerable to piercing weapons. this is a good hybridity of level design and encounter design because it encourages the player to quickly pick off as many enemies as possible with long range piercing weapons before they get backed up and overwhelmed. although, if it was just a cramped level without those types of enemies, or if the level was wide open with those types of enemies, the merit that comes as a result of the combination would be lost, and the level would cease to serve its purpose in gameplay terms
>>
>>376038548
I never had that much trouble with Maria I just find it hard to believe the living memes can be harder than anything. It's like saying in ng+ the hemwick witches are harder than martyr
>>
>>376038690
I'm comparing it to the other games in the series. Perhaps you should learn how to read before posting.
>>
>>376038607
Play it, you might like it due to the shit taste.
>>
>>376038278
>What about if all you add is shit, retroactively ruining previous stories via retconning? Which souls 3 does btw, a lot.
Ok anon, I'll bite. What did DaS3 ruin and retcon? No memes, serious talk. At this point I just want to see what dastards can come up with when every arguments they've used against das3 since its release have been demolished.

>you faggots have no pallette and lap this shit up.
Can't take that seriously coming from a guy who desperately tries to make you believe DaS is the best when the ONLY thing DaS does better is world design and interconnectivity (and only for 1/3 of the game since they blew their entire budget lmao).
>>
>>376038769
>comparing Lady Maria to Martyr Logarius
Jesus anon
>>
>>376031656
Opposite.
You didn't write any argument.

My argument is that you can always say something isn't effecient based on your stupid fucking logic.
>>
>>376038790
Not liking the living failures is shit taste?
>>
>>376038423
Yeah, stick to it my man.

Sure is the hardest due to all the fucked up animation.
>>
File: bloodborne shitboxes.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne shitboxes.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>376038875
Arguing with sonybros is futile. Just report them and move on. Bloodborne is perfect and can't be criticized, don't you know?
>>
>>376038875
You might like Dark Souls 2 due to the shit taste you got.
>>
>>376038848
>Not reading
Jesus anon
>>
>>376038984
>>376038790
The wild sonybro, sensing confrontation, feels his sanity and grammar slipping away as others present different opinions and objective truths to him. Sad!
>>
>>376038739
Because the enemies are much more aggressive with better movesets and the enemy are placed much more aggressively, making the levels more tense to go through.

DaS1 becomes molass after DaS3 comes out.
>>
>>376038426
>It's actually more efficient because it's quicker, and it's not slightly quicker, you can kill entire group of enemy with one vertical swing of the great machete, as opposed to you roll and hit enemies one by one.
but you said yourself the only time this really becomes important is in one DLC?

>It's already coherent, if the enemy attacks slower, that means even more attempts to stunlock, and you are effectively invincible if you keep hitting them.
I think you misinterpreted my point, because you're arguing for the better balance in dark souls 1 right now, since dark souls 1 enemies have slower attacks and therefore you're freer to use slower weapons

>You said, you are "interested in what allows you to stunlock 95% of the game to death without risking getting hit while you're winding up slow attacks", so I guess you are interested in action games in general? My take on it?
I was referring to being interested in that in terms of the argument we're having. I was interested in highlighting the fact that you're given an extremely potent weapon as soon as the game starts that makes most other weapons redundant because of the speed of most enemies and how easily they're staggered

>What are the other paths? You either kill Quelaag first or gargoyles first, the other paths are dead ends that you cannot progress the game.
do paths not count as paths unless they can progress the game? and what if you take path A instead of path B to get to your objective which will progress the game?
>>
>>376038769
Much like Four Kings Living Failures are greatly affected by NG+ since it increases the individual health of each unit making it easier for them to swarm you and become an actual threat. They also start doing massive damage and their attacks are barely telegraphed.
As for Maria, parrybait is parrybait regardless of NG cycles.
>>
>>376038984
Das2s worst bosses are better than the living failures, hemwick witches, celestial emissary, shadows of yarnham and micolash, tbhfam
>>
>>376038419
I really don't like shitty memes and buzzwords, but let's not pretend current /v/ isn't filled with either underaged kids or normies that started gaming 3 weeks ago that can't stop spouting garbage memes to fit in.

>>376038685
Then you'll like it a lot.
>>
>>376039072
I don't think that has much to do with how the levels are laid out, though
>>
Or FromSoft could do something that isn't even Souls-related for once in the past like 5 years.
>>
>>376039173
I liked the Shadows but everything else you listed is indeed shit. Hemwick witches are tedious af.

>>376039273
Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen, they're going to milk this cow dry now that they've got a formula that sells on name alone. Nearly half of the people who bought BB didn't even beat Gascoigne, which fucking amazes me.
>>
File: 1493685640277.png (183KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1493685640277.png
183KB, 640x464px
ITT:
Butthurt cucks and toddlers who are truely and utterly ASSHURT AND KEKED by Bloodborne.
>>
>>376021301
>when in many ways it's the exact opposite of Lovecraft in the ways that actually matter

care to elaborate
>>
>>376038379
i have already played ds3 on console , but im about to finish building my new pc so i plan to get ds3 + all dlc soon after.

i enjoyed vanilla ds 3 a lot but i dont like the fact they took a lot of from bloodborne. but otherwise it i enjoyed the main game thoroughly
>>
>>376039076
>but you said yourself the only time this really becomes important is in one DLC?
Yes, the DLC that is the hardest path of the game, where most people have troubles?
>I think you misinterpreted my point, because you're arguing for the better balance in dark souls 1 right now, since dark souls 1 enemies have slower attacks and therefore you're freer to use slower weapons
But that's not a good balance? Slower enemies mean both fast and slow weapons are viable. In fact, faster enemies give a better balance, you can either roll and attack patiently, or you go all in and end the fight quick and lose HP. Better risk and reward.
>I was interested in highlighting the fact that you're given an extremely potent weapon as soon as the game starts that makes most other weapons redundant because of the speed of most enemies and how easily they're staggered
So you are interested in hightlighting a common fact in Souls game or action game in general? What is your point?

>do paths not count as paths unless they can progress the game? and what if you take path A instead of path B to get to your objective which will progress the game?
Yes, they don't really count since you can't even finish those paths unless you progress the game.
>
>>
>>376026447
>one of the worst scene in the movie
>normies act like it's the best scene in the series.
>>
>>376039256
The levels mean jack after subsequent playthrough.

Only the enemies matter.
>>
>>376039396
Jesus christ.
I fucking hate how big Souls has gotten. Ending the series with DeS, DaS and Bloodborne would be perfect. Go back to some old IPs, make new ones, and revisit them when the time comes
But nope, Souls games and Souls-likes are being pumped out at a ridiculous rate
>>
>>376021301
But a lot of the lore is Lovecraft based
>>
>>376039469
Expect the same old trite bullshit that's factually wrong: "HURRR I LOVECRAFT STORIES HUMINS ARE COMPLETELY POWERLESS AGAINST THE MONSTERS"
>>
>>376039571
Dude, you list 3 games of a series of 5 games.
>>
>>376039469
instead of society falling apart and going mad because eldritch abominations are thrust upon them, they abuse them, build their society around their worship, try to become them, etc.

also the frailty of man isn't represented as a contrast between us and them (them being great ones), but rather man is represented as an intermediary stage that has both greatness and beastliness in him, and it's only through great effort that he can ascend to become a god himself
>>
>>376039664
You forget that not only was there Dark Souls 2 and the SOTFS port, but also DaS3 and the many copycats that followed suit, like Lords of the Fallen, Let it Die, Nioh, and now Code Vein too
>>
>>376039492
Too lazy to read all of it, are you guys arguing over what games the hardest?
>>
>>376039431
But it's people actually talking about the game
>>
>>376039787
Dark Souls 2 is one more game.

Dark Souls 3 ends the series. The director comes out and says you aint' getting more Souls after this and they go back to AC.

The other games are not made by From.
>>
>>376039780
>instead of society falling apart and going mad because eldritch abominations are thrust upon them

yharnam seems like a pretty good community
>>
>>376039948
>The director comes out and says you aint' getting more Souls after this and they go back to AC.
Fucking source. I need this to be true.
>>
>>376039792
There is this dude who argues that the fact they give you the longsword in the beginning, every weapons are redundant in DaS3.
>>
>>376039646
it takes a lot more from greek culture, history, theology and philosophy than lovecraft

lovecraft is just used as an analogue for greek theological and philosophical concepts that don't conform to the expectations of humankind which assumes its origin in divinity and it's rightful place as great in the cosmos

and in bloodborne you can actually ascend, whereas in lovecraft you can't even comprehend ascensing, or anything else to do with the gods
>>
>>376017908
Only if the original will be ported to the PC.
I don't want to buy a console for one game.
>>
>>376040009
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core
>>
>>376039974
yharnam fell apart because the church sought ascension using blood, it didn't fall apart because there are spooky aliens
>>
>>376039948
>ds1 isn't going to have any dlc it's a complete package
>ds2 isn't going to have any dlc it's a complete package
>ds isn't going to have any more iterations it's a complete package

really makes me think
>>
>>376040071
I mean the longsword is viable for newfags early game I guess but it's shit in the long run
>>
>>376039570
so why are you praising the level design if you don't actually have anything nice to say about it?
>>
>>376040160
>yharnam fell apart because the church sought ascension using blood

wasn't this BECAUSE of the

>spooky aliens
>>
>>376035393

Your right you know, its not that its bad to be derivative, if you implement the concepts and content correctly.
>>
>>376040151
You've made my day, Anon.
I wanted a new Armored Core that went closer to the roots after 5/VD were just... there
>>
>>376040183
Well, yeah, you ain't getting anymore DaS3.
>>
>>376038739
Of course I can anon, as long as you're not insulting or sperging out, we can talk about video games.

Good level design is a combination of a few things, the layout itself, the visuals, the way each encounter is presented.

Let's take undead settlement (but it also works with cotd and lothric's castle).
>absolutely godtier layout. Multiple paths, lots of branching and shortcuts, it feels huge but extremely tight, lots of hidden places, nooks and cranies (like the optional area with Siegward, or the sewer connecting both branches of the level with Irina and Velka's statue in it). And it's a rollercoaster of going up and down, up and down, really well done.
>fantastic visuals, this is mainly due to the bloodborne engine allowing for tons of polygons, but my god does it look good, with a very strong identity. It just screams care and thought
>great encounters, it's progressive, starting with the peasants teaching you new attacks, then you progress to those little Berzerk fuckers, and boom, huge opening with your first evangelist surrounded by many hollows. First time against the evangelist is though, but you soon understand her moveset, and it's fun as fuck. And later you get those cleaver and pot holding red dudes. They have good placement, nothing feels hard for the sake of being hard, it's fair.

That works for cotd and lothric's castle, great visual identity, tons of paths, shortcuts, death ends, secrets.

There's a reason why the best areas in das are undead burg and ariamis, great visual identity, it's so packed with paths and secrets it feels tight as fuck and fun to explore, good enemy placement and progression, etc...

This is good level design for me. And DaS3 decided to ditch the world design and focus on level design. While DaS has a god tier world design until you ring both bells, but you look at it, except undead burg of course, levels aren't really that special. They are functional, that's it. Then they go to shit after the lordvessel.
>>
>>376040183
>Ds1
People bitched and cried for more so they gave us cut content
>Ds2
Twice the length, no dlc planned , people cried they wanted more
>Das3
Season pass on launch
>>
>>376040250
Because DaS3 has nice enemy placement and item placement.

It's also less broken than DaS1 due to the fact you can't get OP weapons early.
>>
>>376039173
As much as I liked DaS2 and BB, and think both have some great and bad bosses, I won't let you talk shit to my buddy Micolash.

His cutscene is pure kino, and that alone makes him a good bossfight.
>>
>>376040297
VD is awesome though, more people need to play that.
>>
>>376040462
>His cutscene is pure kino, and that alone makes him a good bossfight

cutscenes aren't gameplay REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>376040496
VD was definitely better than 5 but I felt like For Answer set the bar too high by comparison.
I should note that I know 4A is technically a departure but fuck that emphasis on speed made it unreal.
>>
>>376040462
>His cutscene is pure kino,
What the fuck does this even more anymore. People just keep saying it over and over again it lost it's fucking meaning
>>
>>376040603
It only makes sense, Miyazaki is behind 4 and 4A, of course that game loves fast-paced combat.
>>
>>376039480
>but i dont like the fact they took a lot of from bloodborne.
Meh, I can totally understand that. Tho it's one of the things that make me like a lot. For me at least, it feels like they managed to include elements from BB while still keeping the core of DaS. It's the only souls game where I actually play with something other than straight sword+shield. I've replayed the game over 13 times, I'm literally playing it as we speak, and I just can't stop trying new builds and shit.

I like souls games, I like bloodborne, so there's a high chance I'll like the game that takes the best from both worlds and improves upon it.
>>
>>376039492
>Yes, the DLC that is the hardest path of the game, where most people have troubles?
got it, so slower / heavier weapons are viable in dark souls 3 because they allow you to easier tackle one of the DLCs, sounds pretty intellectually honest

>In fact, faster enemies give a better balance, you can either roll and attack patiently, or you go all in and end the fight quick and lose HP. Better risk and reward.
you can do exactly the same thing in dark souls 1 and it has very little to do with what kind of weapon you're using because exhausting an entire stamina bar on one enemy will usually kill them and then some even if you're only using a moderate damage one-handed weapon

>So you are interested in hightlighting a common fact in Souls game or action game in general? What is your point?
I am interested in having you acknowledge that dark souls 3 prioritizes speed and staggering and one-handed swords or axes or whatever give you both of these qualities, which make it so that early game weapons are easier to use and more viable in more situations than many of the other weapons you can find throughout the game and late into thegame

>Yes, they don't really count since you can't even finish those paths unless you progress the game.
why?
>>
Soulsburne games should've never had sequels and it should've been an anthology series from the start.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>376040462
Does that mean the one reborn is a good boss fight? His cut scene was kino, but the fight, not so much
>>
>>376017908

The records show it: if Miyazaki DOESN'T want the game to exist but does it anyway, it will be shit.

Demon's, Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne are the games he WANTED to work on, and that's why they're the best. Dark Souls 2 and 3 are boring, forced garbage that sold purely on hype and publisher pressure.
>>
>>376039173
>emissary or Micholash
>Bad
Fucking plebeoam taste not every boss has to be hard 1 on 1 duel unique bosses like that actually do the game good.
>>
>>376022757
Anyone have the source on this webm?
>>
>>376040752
Even better, what if AC6 takes the speed of AC4A but also throws in a Chromehounds-esque multiplayer experience where you can pick a faction and the like?
>>
>>376040856
Agreed, while I do love every game in the series, des das and BB feel like an actual game they tried to make, while Das2 and 3 always felt to me like it was synthetic
>>
>>376040280
the spooky aliens were obviously involved in terms of being a motivating force, but that's in an entirely opposite way to lovecraft aliens

mankind wants to ascend and arrogantly believes they can in bloodborne

in lovecraft you just lose your mind and hopefully retreat as soon as you encounter something out of your realm of understanding
>>
File: 1488106931674.jpg (1MB, 1920x3240px) Image search: [Google]
1488106931674.jpg
1MB, 1920x3240px
>>376035110
>a bit more linear
>a bit
>>
>>376040864
If emisarry is good then deacons of the deep just be pure kino?
Micolash is a gimicky meme fight, chasing him was boring and once you corner him he's a joke
BB is my favorite souls game but it's not perfect you fucking shill
>>
>>376040864
>guy who literally just runs around spamming the same tentacle attack you've already seen before
>good
>>
>>376040802
>got it, so slower / heavier weapons are viable in dark souls 3 because they allow you to easier tackle one of the DLCs, sounds pretty intellectually honest
People use slower/heavier weapons through the entire game though, the DLC is where they shine because there are a lot of enemies.
>you can do exactly the same thing in dark souls 1
No you can't, because Dark Souls 1 enemies are slower, wasting stamina is not wasting heaoth.
>I am interested in having you acknowledge that dark souls 3 prioritizes speed and staggering and one-handed swords or axes or whatever give you both of these qualities
I acknowledge that Dark Souls 3 priotirizing speed over anything, but staggering? Really? When I just show to you that people actually prefer heavier and slower weapons because they kill faster?
>which make it so that early game weapons are easier to use and more viable in more situations than many of the other weapons you can find throughout the game and late into thegame
But that's wrong and people switch to stronger weapons as the game goes on?
>why?
Because you cannot even finish these paths unless you progress the game?
>>
>>376041102
>pure kino?
you keep saying this fucking /tv and a meme without even fucking explaining what you're using it for because right now you are not using it in the proper context you dumb nigger
>>
File: micolash.jpg (111KB, 1024x581px) Image search: [Google]
micolash.jpg
111KB, 1024x581px
>>376040772
>For me at least, it feels like they managed to include elements from BB while still keeping the core of DaS.
yeah i liked that aspect. thats a good way of putting it. but i disliked how the level style and some enemy designs were taken from bloodborne . like the high wall of lothric looked pretty much like central yharnam but with a yellow/grey tone or the undead settlement was basically hemwick. but overall i love the every soulsborne game in their own way. i just wish there was more color in ds3 . it looked a bit ...dry? i dont know how to describe it .
>>
>>376040462
>he has a good cutscene and therefore his utterly shit fight is forgivable

no
>>
>>376041180
I don't know what it means either
>>
>>376041130
>People use slower/heavier weapons through the entire game though, the DLC is where they shine because there are a lot of enemies.
okay, I never deneid this, I only said these weapons are not as easy to come by or as easy to use and as reliable as one-handed weapons you stunlock with

>No you can't, because Dark Souls 1 enemies are slower, wasting stamina is not wasting heaoth.
because dark souls 1 enemies are slower you can't run in and kill them quickly? I see...

>I acknowledge that Dark Souls 3 priotirizing speed over anything, but staggering? Really? When I just show to you that people actually prefer heavier and slower weapons because they kill faster?
yes, 95% of enemies in the vanilla game can be stunlocked to death

>But that's wrong and people switch to stronger weapons as the game goes on?
hhmm, I dunno dude, I'm not sure if it's wrong. it seems to me that if you're in the undead settlement it's much more reliable to hit regular enemies with a one-handed weapon because it's faster and they'll die in two or three hits before you run out of stamina, whereas using a two-handed weapon you risk them hitting you and you need to be more aware of what kind of attacks they have because otherwise they might do things like lunge at you and grab you or kick you really faster or whatever

>Because you cannot even finish these paths unless you progress the game?
yes, and? you can still explore significant amounts of many of them and get access to special items, equipment, etc.
>>
>>376041001
in bloodborne every single person loses their mind except for you, rom, and the one reborn (i think)

or is that not correct?
>>
>>376041679
that isn't correct
>>
>>376041769
okay then, can you tell me who else doesn't lose their mind when they get too hyped up on spooky alien shit?
>>
>>376040580
True, but cutscenes have been an important part since DeS. Don't know who makes them, but it's on a whole other level compared to your average game cutscene. That feeling you get the first time you see Micolash talking about Kosm and granting us eyes is so good you spend the next 5 minutes thinking about it, indirectly making the gameplay good.

>>376040717
People say lots of things, but in this particular case, it applies.

>>376040854
Because the cutscene wasn't kino at all, it's your average soulsborne cutscene, great and nothing else. Kino cutscene would be Orphan, Gael (especially that second part when screen fades to black with "the blood of the dark soul"), Gehrman, Friede, or Twin Princes.
>>
>>376041879
the bigoted old man, eileen (successful quest), alfred, the chapel dweller, micolash, impostor iosefka

there's probably more but I can't think of any rn, I'm guessing you'll probably have an issue with putting micolash down but just because he's manic and he's referencing things that don't make sense to you doesn't mean she's being incoherent or crazy
>>
>>376041636
>okay, I never deneid this, I only said these weapons are not as easy to come by or as easy to use and as reliable as one-handed weapons you stunlock with
You can get a great machete or greataxe by farming knights and undead, shit's dead easy and the vordt hammer can be gotten early one.
>because dark souls 1 enemies are slower you can't run in and kill them quickly? I see...
But where is the risk? The enemies in DaS1 barely fight back save for a select few, thus even if you rush with a heavy weapon, you are not gonna lose anything.
>yes, 95% of enemies in the vanilla game can be stunlocked to death
Just like all 100% of enemies in the vanilla game can be heavily slashed to death?
>hhmm, I dunno dude, I'm not sure if it's wrong.
I'm actually sure it is wrong because nowadays people gravitate to STR weapons in both PVE and PVP.
>it seems to me that if you're in the undead settlement it's much more reliable to hit regular enemies with a one-handed weapon because it's faster and they'll die in two or three hits before you run out of stamina
Which is slow.
>whereas using a two-handed weapon you risk them hitting you and you need to be more aware of what kind of attacks they have because otherwise they might do things like lunge at you and grab you or kick you really faster or whatever
Which kills the enemy in one hit and move one, which is faster.
In contrary to you, people prefer killing faster than slower.
>yes, and? you can still explore significant amounts of many of them and get access to special items, equipment, etc.
The same for Dark Souls 3 then. You can go around and explore the stages and get access to special items, equipment, without progressing the game.
>>
>>376020480
Not him, but...

What the fuck are you on?

That is the fluted set, you fucking pleb.

It has rrrrrridges.
>>
>>376040856
Lmao, by that logic DaS3 is great because during BB he said he wanted to be done with it fast and get back to DaS3 because we wanted to design cool armors and spells since BB is limited in that regard due to gameplay restrictions.

>Dark Souls 2 and 3 are boring, forced garbage
That's your opinion. I won't talk about DaS2 since he was just a supervisor and worked on the story and the game development was fucked, but for me, it's pretty clear that DaS3 is what he wanted DaS to be.

I think DaS is extremely boring once you've experienced the world design on your first playthrough, but everything else feels rushed without much care put into it. While DaS3 screams perfection on every aspect that isn't worl design. For me DaS is a chore to play, it's not fun, it's not engaging, and while the world design gimmick is fantastic, when every step you take feels like shit, weapons feel like shit, bosses are shit, it's just tedious. I wanted to be done with it, while I keep replaying das3 over and over again.
>>
>>376042510
it makes more sense when you think hyper armor was the system they used in DeS.
>>
>>376042510
feel the same way, going back to das/des after playing 3 feels terrible, from weapons to bosses the gameplay is a lot worse
>>
>>376042510
where are the cool spells in ds3 miyazaki you fucker
>>
>>376042883
Magic is not a focus in Souls.
>>
>>376041301
>i just wish there was more color in ds3 . it looked a bit ...dry? i dont know how to describe it .
You're right, but there's though behind it. It's grey like in the intro das cutscene with the dragons, it's because world is so fucked up it might go back to an age of ancients. Did you notice how many dragons there are in lothric, and the relation between dragons and those black snake abyss things? It's smart as fuck, flame fads, no color, pure kino.
>>
File: 7894918.gif (998KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
7894918.gif
998KB, 500x282px
>>376017908
Souls games was a mistake.
>>
>>376042883
Magic being bad is a meme. First, magic is as good as every other build, and for the first time it looks fucking god tier and satisfying. Everything is cool.

>>376042639
>>376042795
True, dastards just can't understand that when you remove the godtier world design for the first 1/3 of DaS, there's really nothing much left.
>>
>>376043640
i didn't say magic was bad

shooting generic homing projectiles that all function the same isn't "cool"

and all the "cool" spells like crystal hail divine pillars are almost completely irredeemable garbage
>>
>>376044738
Faith is the best magic.
I never fucked with hexes though
>>
>>376045014
hexes are op
>>
>>376045014
>>376045739
we are talking about dark souls 3 boys
>>
>>376045912
still OP
Thread posts: 414
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.