[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vice City

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Vice-city-cover.jpg (103KB, 256x325px) Image search: [Google]
Vice-city-cover.jpg
103KB, 256x325px
Is it just me or is the free aim in the PC version broken as fuck? I can be aiming straight on target and most weapons will still miss. The regular pistol can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I'm pretty much stuck with just using the Kruger and M4, because every other weapon is extremely inaccurate.

Also, I picked up Vice City for the Xbox to compare its performance to the PC version and Jesus fucking Christ... The frame rate is literally in the single digits almost the entire time. I've tried it on both the original xbox, and emulated on the xbox 360. Were the console versions always this fucking bad, or do I just have a fucked up disc? I bought it used and it has obviously been buffed since it's a 15 year old game and there's not a single scratch. Could that be the culprit? I just don't remember the game running so shitty on PS2 or Xbox before.

Anyway, I guess also /vicecitygeneral/.

I'm at the mission where you save Lance from Diaz's gang at the junkyard, and as I was walking him out of there, a Diaz gang member came speeding out of nowhere and ran Lance over, killing him. I said "fuck this" and shut it off since I've been playing for the past 6 hours.
>>
Just use a gamepad and turn off free aim
>>
>>376017203
But if I turn off free aim then I can't move the camera around Tommy on foot.
>>
>>376017116

how about you fuck off back to /vr/?
>>
>>376017116
theres a mod to fix it. i believe the problen is with wide screen resolutions.free aim can be turned off entierly too and it will have console lock on. as for the poor framerate, my ps2 runs it fine, no terrible frsme drops. the problem might be something else
>>
>>376017275
How about you read the fucking sticky on /vr/ you dumb newfag.

>This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier. With the release of the 8th generation of consoles, the Sega Dreamcast will now be considered "retro", though the remainder of the sixth generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube) will not.
>>
>>376017267
thats how it was on console mah boy. the game is old and has qwirks. cant believe people say san and is dated. san an has mechanics that still are ciommon in gams tday.
>>
>>376017398
San Andreas is nowhere near as bad as Vice City on the Xbox.

Perhaps my disc is just fucked up, but I'm serious, the frame rate is in literal single digits. That would definitely not be acceptable even by 2002 standards.
>>
File: virgin.jpg (38KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
virgin.jpg
38KB, 620x445px
>>37601734

you actually read the sticky on /vr/....
>>
File: l m a o.jpg (71KB, 586x434px) Image search: [Google]
l m a o.jpg
71KB, 586x434px
>>376017736
>you actually fucked up quoting a post
>>
>>376017116
change the resolution to 4:3. I managed to beat gta3 without aiming tho
>>
>>376017116
>is the pc port of this older game shit?
Yes it is, anon.
>>
>>376017275
>>376017347
>>376017736
>>376017938

absolutely BTFO twice in a row, holy shit rofl
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.