[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final fantasy 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1247.jpg (86KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1247.jpg
86KB, 800x444px
How do we fix the combat?

>that shitty camera control
>that shitty player control
>just hold O and you have no control on where your character actually attacks besides some dodgy lock on system
>useless as hell wait mode
>magic is basically grenades, every spell just does aoe damage
>literally can never game over if you have healing items
>every battle is a battle of endurance and attrition
>spamming items every second because it's the only way to survive battles

And people say they prefer real time action combat over turn based

LOfuckingL
>>
It should be more like Kingdom Hearts, a mix of 2 and Birth By Sleep.
>>
>>376015623
>How do we fix the combat?

1) Make each attack feel like a separate strike instead of a part of pre-scripted animation suited for holding down the button
2) Make it consistent like it was in Platinum demo and Duscae without the ravage part randomly activation at the start of the combo
3) Make targeting system and camera better.
4) Limit healing items spam
5) Rework enemies design so that they actually have tells and humanoid enemies have proper hitstun.
6) Make Royal Arms not be absolutely useless aside from the stats buff
7) Make Armiger not an autopilot mode and closer to what it was in 2013 and 2014.

6)
>>
>>376015821
To elaborate, I HATE how you have to hold O to attack. It makes every battle feel boring. I'd rather have to button mash, even if just mashing O or X over and over is mindless, it feels better when you have to press for each strike. This also opens up for a combo system.

The fights in Kingdom Hearts games on Proud/critical difficulty are more challenging than any fight in XV.
>>
>>376016141
To add to that

8) The game is in dire need of adding more weapons you can switch between - it's especially bad considering magic takes up a weapon slot
9) Speaking of magic, either add more unique spells or rework it so that it's not a rehashed grenade with environmental effect gimmicks
>>
>>376016237
And having to hold circle makes the dodging/parrying shit annoying as fuck since it keeps me in the mindset of holding a button down instead of pressing quickly.
>>
>>376015623
I was really disappointed with the combat system but I guess thats my fault for assuming it was going to be more similar to KH.
Also samefagged in this thread like 4 times now.
Rant done.
>>
>>376016141
They wasted too many buttons on
>weapon changing
>techniques
>items
>magic
They could have fit all of that in one button press that simply pauses the gameplay and opens up a command menu

With some buttons free now they could have improved gameplay
>>
>>376015623
I was surprised when I played this shit and realized no review had bothered to complain about stuff like the attrocious lock on or camera.

The game sucks so much ass and still got 8s and 9s. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>376015623
Make it turn based.
>>
>>376015623
Just give up on the series or hope they learn from these mistakes with 16.
This game is not worth mourning.
>>
File: sfdgbdfb.jpg (46KB, 425x263px) Image search: [Google]
sfdgbdfb.jpg
46KB, 425x263px
>>376015623
i like it
>>
>>376015623
>People will fall for this bait
>>
>>376017747
Where?
>>
Combat is great though. Sounds like you just suck.
>>
>>376018078
>combat is great
>that one dungeon with the sliding cube doors
>one of the rooms has a bunch of king bombs
>summons a room of regular bombs
>fps goes down to 5, camera is uncontrollable, can't see shit because of all the explosions, have to constantly revive and hope for the best outcome

>good combat
>>
>>376016740
Pausing mid-combat completely destroys the flow of it. I think the button layout is fine, they just had no idea what the fuck they were doing with the flow of combat.
>>
File: 1479683786694.png (310KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1479683786694.png
310KB, 500x418px
>>376018078
>combat is great
>>
>>376015623
Good real action combat > Turn based

That being said, good turn based is infinitely better the piece of turd FFXV's combat was.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.