[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Grand Theft Auto game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: info_boxart.jpg (104KB, 364x450px) Image search: [Google]
info_boxart.jpg
104KB, 364x450px
What is the best Grand Theft Auto game?
>>
>>376013996
San Andreas. It's an undisputed fact.
Now kill yourself for asking the most stupid question in video game history.
>>
>>376013996
That one
>>
vanilla IV and tlad as an expansion
>>
The biker one
>>
>>376014637
muh nigguh
>>
GTA 4
>>
The Ballad of Gay Tony without a doubt.
>>
>>376013996
>>376014410
>>376014561
>>376014637
>>376014676
>>376014706
/v/ really has been overrun with underagers.
>>
>>376014848
Sorry no one likes vice city, grandpa
>>
>>376014848
My first Grand Theft Auto game was III. GTA IV's world is the best. Eat shit loser.
>>
>>376014136
How does it feel like being black?
Either that or you're in your mid 20's
>>
>>376014848
Sorry for not liking San Andreas as much as EFLC. Now go and shoo those kids off your lawn.
>>
>>376014953
>Eat shit loser.
You and everyone else I replied to seems to be doing plenty enough of that already.
>>
>>376013996

Define best

I probably enjoyed Vice City the most as it was the first 3d gta i played. I wouldn't say it's the best though
>>
Vice City and 2
>>
>>376014848

i am 25. gta iv is the best.
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
IV and this show was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>376015002
how does it feel having a shit taste
>>
Unironically IV, it could have been done better to some extent but I enjoyed it the most out of all GTA games.
>>
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_III_(USA)-1.jpg (103KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_III_(USA)-1.jpg
103KB, 640x908px
GTA3, the original. If you didn't play it back then you don't realize how huge it was and how it changed games forever. No other GTA has had that kind of impact.
>>
>>376016291
>If you didn't play it back then you don't realize how huge it was and how it changed games forever. No other GTA has had that kind of impact.
And nothing of that makes it actually a better game than the rest.
I guess you also think The last of Us and Undertale are some of the best games in the world because the impact they had?
>>
File: give us free shit.webm (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
give us free shit.webm
3MB, 400x224px
>>376014136
this but gta is for kids
>>
>>376016291
So is it the third game or the original? Make up your mind.
>>
>>376014848
since you failed to provide any insightful thinking as to why these people are underage I refuse to take you seriously

also gta iv is the best
>>
File: okey.jpg (28KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
okey.jpg
28KB, 291x317px
>>376016291
>GTA3
>the original
>>
>>376013996
Vice City.

IV is a close second.
>>
>>376013996
Mafia III
>>
>>376013996
Since they shut down GFWL I can't play EFLC on steam. Any solution to that?
>>
>>376018172
You can still install GFWL, and then run the launcher as administrator in the game files.
>>
>>376018294
I see. I'll give it a try, thanks anon.
>>
What's wrong with V? Haven't played any since San Andreas but was thinking of getting the current one
>>
>>376018464
if you enjoy content and diverse envirement, get 5
if you want to run around NYC all day with minimal weapons, get 4
>>
What's wrong with 5? Haven't played any since San Andreas, but was thinking about getting it
>>
Played GTA, and GTA2 a ton when I was a teenager. When GTA3 came out I shat bricks.
Then came vice city wich I consider the best when it comes to story and characters. San Andreas just simply has a shit ton of things to do, wich is nice, but the main character was shit, or so I though until I played GTAIV. That truly is a shitty plain character. I still have to play GTAV, but what I saw about it didn't get my attention.
>>
>>376018641
People complain about it because it has a greedy Online mode.
There's NOTHING wrong with the singleplayer, only thing is that the story was a bit rushed, still good and enjoyable tho.
>>
biggest problems with IV that you probably don't realize if you didn't play 3

-checkpoints in missions so you don't have to get back home and save your game removes a lot of tension
-missions are easy
-running from cops is no longer running from cops, you're just dodging circles on your minimap

Those are the biggest problems but the aesthetic sucks too (ugly, "realistic" instead of cartoony like 3) and the driving feels slow like you're underwater.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk1wNuHg1FA
>>
I got everything I wanted out of GTA with 4, so I'll say that one. Didnt even care to play 5.
>>
Lmao @ the

>the game before the most current one is the best meme

When GTA: IV was out, it was San Andreas, when San Andreas was out it was Vice City.

You plebs are so predictable.
>>
>>376015002
San Andreas was the best one, it has better gameplay than IV & V and a better story than the latter. I'd love for a remaster with the euphoria physics and modern day gfx would be perfect then. Vice city is a close second imo
>>
>>376018641
Literally nothing is wrong with 5. It's just your typical 4chan contrarianism.
>>
>>376018752
You can't lose the cops by running in circles, you just need to get out of their search zone.
>>
>>376016291
I remember the first time playing gta 3 when i was a kid at friends house after school, it absolutely blew me away, was the only reason i got a ps2 because i wasnt into gaming till then. Not the best one though but at the time was fucking amazing.
>>
>>376018972
>San Andreas was the best one, it has better gameplay than IV & V
>better gameplay

Yeah you're gonna have to at least try and explain that one chap, because you're objectively wrong.
>>
>>376018752
It also removes a lot of time wasting
>>
>>376014136
fpbp
>>
>>376018641
its new
wait until GTA VI for all the GTA V appreciation threads to pop up
>>
>>376018752
>They made the game too fucking casual and that's good.
Fucking kids.
>>
GTA San Andreas was fucking crazy when it came out.
all those things to do, the mission variety and the various systems and leveling mechanics.
it was so ambitious.
however i think now, i would probably prefer playing GTA 5 over San Andreas, it's just the better game.
>>
>>376016554
>I guess you also think The last of Us and Undertale are some of the best games in the world because the impact they had?

You're completely misunderstanding what he meant when he said "impact" you dense cunt.

GTA:III completely revolutionized open world 3rd person shooters, and can also be argued that it changed and pushed open world games forward in general.

What revolutionary things has The Last of Us or Undertale done? Nothing, the only "impact" they had was an "emotional" impact on the faggot critics reviewing the game.
>>
>>376019138
Better missions, driving, the lite rpg mechanics the side missions/ activities where loads better, it just had more things to keep you entertained. V i played the story once which is the only gta where i have never replayed the single player. IV was decent but fuck bowling and tv shit was boring and driving was shit. They should have added more interesting activities.
>>
>>376019479
Driving in SA is utter shit dude.
>>
>>376019479
>Better missions, driving
>than GTA V

l m f a o

Holy shit, you're a special kind of retard if you actually think the driving was better than 5, wow.

>the lite rpg mechanics the side missions/ activities

5 had more and did it better.

You're fucking retarded my dude.
>>
>>376019627
I liked it, better than IV's because everything felt sluggish like slo-mo. Maybe not better than V but driving is V is to easy, shits on rails.
>>
File: 2b4185043f0c.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2b4185043f0c.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
The first one. I miss the arcade feel in this game. You go to a public phone, complete missions, increase your score then go to the next city. If you die too often you have to restart the game. Less cinematic bullshit and more fast paced action.
>>
>>376013996
VC>3=4>5>CW>SA>2>1=London
>>
GTA V would be so good if it had stuff like Lost and the damned
the main story is just so shit and the characters so bad, and all of their efforts since have been that online garbage
>>
>>376019768
>but driving is V is to easy

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? Do you really want driving in a video game to be fucking "hard"? WTF? It serves a purpose, and the purpose is to get you from point A to point B, there shouldn't be an artificial difficulty for fucking driving, you idiot.

You're really grasping at straws at this point. You're wrong on all accounts.
>>
>>376019954
>the main story is just so shit and the characters so bad

Hey nice opinion, but hardly anybody agrees with you. Enjoy being a special snowflake contrarian. : )
>>
>>376019708
Oh yeah tennis and golf is so much fun, get fucked. You're retarded, V had no rpg mechanics chars where boring and fuck tennis and golf whats the point of that shit oh and yogo WOW OMG FUCKING YOGA V was obviously your first game. The only thing V had over san an is map size and customisation, though i dont see the point in having a huge map when you mainly use the city and barely see the rest of it.
>>
>>376013996
SD: Vice City
HD: GTA IV
/thread
>>
>>376019984
>he doesn't want challenge in his driving
>in a franchise where 60-70% of the game is driving

Casual.
>>
>>376019984
Nah im not grasping at straws you mongoloid, I prefer san an's driving is that so hard to get through your thick skull. You obviously have a different opinion and thats okay. jesus christ some people are beyond help.
>>
>>376020208
I'd say retard describes him more accurately
>>
>>376013996
1. GTA Vice City
2. GTA: V
3. GTA = GTA2
5. GTA San Andreas
6. GTA III
^All great games^
>>>Power Gap<<<
7. The utter trash that is GTA IV
>>
>>376020096
>Oh yeah tennis and golf is so much fun, get fucked.

Lol the exact same could be said for the shitty mini games in SA

>V had no rpg mechanics

Are you dumb? All three playable characters had skills that could be leveled up. Ergo, "lite RPG mechanics".

You keep shitting on the mini games lol, but you forget GTA V had a wealth of side MISSIONS (all better than the shitty SA "side missions") you stupid cunt. But no, keep dwelling on golf and yoga like the little embryo you are lmao.
>>
>>376019829
This plus the second. The non-topdown ones just aren't very fun I prefer Saints Row.
>>
>>376020208
>he thinks GTA SA has "challenging driving"

L O L
>>
>>376019768
But IV used the triggers, it was more responsive, you could accelerate to the metal or just cruise around.
In SA you either slam the brakes or slam the pedal to the metal, with some wierd assisted braking.
>>
>>376020515
You got me on the RPG mechanics, I did prefer San an's though i liked how you could be a fat cunt etc etc. Like i said i stated my opinion and you jump down my throat like a butthurt little faggot.
The side missions in V where forgetable, I dont even remember one, you mean the shitty strangers and freaks?
>>
>>376020983
The triggers ill give you but that was due to the hardware. It wouldnt be possible on a shitty ps2 controller, didnt the orignal xbox have triggers though where you had better throttle control? I wouldnt say the driving in 5 was responsive it felt sluggish and delayed if you ask me all the cars felt like they weighed 5-6 ton.
>>
Forget which game is the best, what combination of games would make for the GOAT GTA?

For me, it's:
VC's empire building, map and missions + SA's RPG elements and territory wars+IV's gameplay and physics
>>
File: th-1.jpg (12KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
th-1.jpg
12KB, 300x225px
The single greatest game that R* has ever made.
>>
>>376021492
>try to play undead nightmare
>headless bug after 15 minutes of game time every time

God fucking damn it
>>
>>376021603
Lol I never had this happen to me thankfully. I actually find Undead Nightmare kind of borng desu I hate how the zombies just rush you and beat you to death.
>>
>>376020594
You should play Crackdown if you didn't already. It was made by one of the original GTA team.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.