[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well that was pretty depressing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 16

File: Nier_(game_box_art).jpg (40KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_(game_box_art).jpg
40KB, 256x315px
Well that was pretty depressing.
>>
E ending from Grimoire Nier is happy for main characters though.
>>
Kinda, it's mostly just a story about not giving up no matter how hard it gets.
>>
I really want to play it but I don't have a way to procure a used PS3, and RPCS3 doesn't run it. Really quite depressing indeed.
>>
>>376011138
It's also on 360 if you have that
>>
>>376010356
>Happy
You fucker, don't lie to him. It's even worse.
>>
>>376013735
>shota Nier gets restored by Sleeping Beauty
>gets to experience tender /ss/ with Kaine while Emil watches
>not a happy ending for main characters

Emil's only problem is that he's immortal so he lives for far too long for his own good.
>>
>>376010356
Ending E takes away from the overall experience IMO
>>
>>376014640
That's why it's not in the game.
>>
I bought the game after playing Nier:A and loved it, as a matter of fact, I think that taken individually the characters are much better than in the sequel (though nothing beats the 9S/2B love story).

But am I the only feeling the game just gets overly tragic near the end? There is one sad death literally every 10 minutes, by the time the ending came I was pretty numb. It just throws too much at you at once for it to have any real impact.

It doesn't help that some of the deaths seem pretty pointless and come out of nowhere (like Weiss)
>>
Wish they scaled the monsters for the other endings. By the time you get to ending B everything dies in a few hits.
>>
>>376014781
>though nothing beats the 9S/2B love story

they had one?
>>
>>376014781
The second half becomes alot more tragic on the second playthrough.
>>
>>376014869
It's a core of entire story.
Fleshed out more with side materials though.
>>
>>376014962
Well yeah, I think everybody knows that. These were my impressions after ending D.

But that's exactly what I mean, there is a tragedy overdose imo that overall lessens the impact of key moments.
>>
>>376015049
>Fleshed out more with side materials though.
Exactly. In the game they're more believable as comrades than lovers, the "eternal love" stuff just feels incredibly contrived.
>>
>>376015172
>. In the game they're more believable as comrades than lovers
Nope. Not with Cruel Blood Oath, the way 2B strangles him or 9S tenderly stroking her cheek. It's never said openly but the general notion of their feelings is perfectly understandable. Side materials only add more details, like explaining how the fuck 2B managed to survive for so long despite her crushing depression as 9S asked her to keep killing him so they can be together right when 2B wanted to die instead of continuing her mission.
>>
>>376015334
Well duh, by the end you get what they were going for, but it just feels cheesy and half-assed since the game barely bothered to make it a feature aside from slight hints that can easily be taken for something else.

I wouldn't use weapon stories as a substitute for actual characterization. Nor the side materials.
>>
File: images-t2_17k68n-p0u2km89fyuy.png (1MB, 2385x1387px) Image search: [Google]
images-t2_17k68n-p0u2km89fyuy.png
1MB, 2385x1387px
>>376015547
>I wouldn't use weapon stories as a substitute for actual characterization
Weapon memory is used as a BIG plot point in route C, anon.

And there's more than enough characterization, especially if you do a second full playthrough. It's all just very subtle and easy to miss, especially if you're playing with japanese dub that makes 2B a bitch instead of caring kuudere.
>>
>>376015547
To add, it reminds me of Madoka with Homura just being a clingy bitch and out of nowhere does her whole "i've suffered for you for years" shtick

Like yea, that sucks, but I probably would've cared more if I actually felt her struggle instead of being told about it. The tragedy did not register at all.
>>
>>376015690
>japanese
*english
>>
>>376015690
>And there's more than enough characterization, especially if you do a second full playthrough
and there's that, but the game itself fails to give you any real incentive to do this. No new levels, gameplay, etc. So I dont see the point. That whole aspect wasn't very well planned out.

They might've done better just having a VN buried in the game.
>>
>>376015812
>and there's that, but the game itself fails to give you any real incentive to do this
Well, too bad for you. Playing again after final revelations gave a whole new perspective to pretty much all their interactions, especially things like Amnesia quest.
>>
>>376015812
>No new levels, gameplay, etc.
You can't be serious, anon. Playthrough B has a whole new character with equally new gameplay, new scenes, and from C onwards it's 100% original. Have you played it even?
>>
>>376015895
It's easy enough to get just thinking back. What I'm wondering about is why didnt they just focus on that aspect to begin with instead of whatever the fuck the main story was doing.

What we're talking about is actually the real meat of 9S/2B, but the game barely wants to do anything with it and focuses on things exponentially less interesting.
>>
>>376016002
Follow the convo, me and him are discussing a full A-E playthrough. And the running meme is playing through all that again just to get some pitiful shreds of characterization from the main characters (that should've been emphasized in the first place)
>>
>>376016008
>What I'm wondering about is why didnt they just focus on that aspect to begin with
Because it was supposed to be a hidden backbone of the story, not something thrown into your face.
>>
>>376016094
>Because it was supposed to be a hidden backbone of the story, not something thrown into your face.

Sure, but then that left the story being a largely empty romp until its time to shoot some credits.

He might as well have used a different set of characters if he wasn't going to focus on what actually made 2B/9S interesting.
>>
File: 1493084468242.png (106KB, 509x429px) Image search: [Google]
1493084468242.png
106KB, 509x429px
>>376016067
Oh, no wonder I got that wrong. I simply can't fathom replaying A-E again when you learn everything you need to know and more on your first full playthrough if you just pay attention a bit.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 434x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 434x339px
So wait, at the end did we actually use up all of Weiss's power over the years, or was it Dev and Pop's magic bullshit that did it? Because he only starts having problems after that but he says we used it all. Or did they cast something that compressed his power so much that we'd be able to use it all by the time we got to the Shadowlord?
Also why didn't you stop.
>>
not really. automata is far more depressing without having to shove it in your face

ARE YOU DEPRESSED YET??? YOURE SO EVIL FOR DOING WHAT THE GAME TELLS YOU TO WOW
>>
>>376016214
>automata is far more depressing
thank fucking god E ending is confirmed to be extremely happy
>>
>>376016214
Nier isnt even that depressing but I think it has a happier ending than Automata. Ending B is noble as fuck.
>>
What bugged me is how the true ending assumes you'd rather abandon your daughter to save one ally.
I mean why the fuck would you do that after it's been established countless times Yonah is the most important thing to you? I guess it makes more sense in the jap version but still.
>>
>>376016169
A more "visible" part of the story is all about machine lifeforms trying to find a meaning of life in face of enormous existential crisis.
Story of main couple mirrors that as both of them can't imagine their lives without each other and straight go mad otherwise.
>>
>>376016473
It makes more sense for BroNier who basically just wants to die after ensuring Yonah's safety.

Ending D is also weird for DadNier because you never feel like him and Kaine have anything romantic going on, they're just bros.
>>
>>376011138
>computer powerful enough for RPCS3
>cant fork out 30 bucks for a used ps3
quite the conundrum
>>
>>376016496
I know how it works, I'm saying it wasn't as effective as it wanted to be.
>>
>>376013925
>gets to watch his friends die
Yeah, sure sounds like a happy ending to me.
>>
File: 1395959483468.gif (3MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1395959483468.gif
3MB, 480x272px
>today's Automata concert
>post-E scene seems like a horrible bad end
>SUDDENLY 9S VA appears
>Okabe appears too and starts singing Weight of the World with auditory
>9S wakes up
>>
>>376016717
I think people have gotten too focused on whether Taro's endings are happy or not instead of what the game is actually saying.

Automata's Ending E managed to pull off both, but in the case of Nier you pretty much get the point of the game at Ending B, the rest dont even matter.
>>
>Pascal teaches children a concept to make sure they stay safe
>they immediately kill themselves
Gosh.
>>
>>376016169
>why the plot isn't spoonfed to me, waaah
>>
>>376016473
D is Replicant true end
C is Gestalt true end

Taro said so
>>
>>376016840
>this game has shit characterization
>b-but that's the point!!
>>
>>376013925
Emil would participate in a delicious mmf threesome, word of god says he's gay as fuck for Nier
>>
>>376016812
I just watched the rest on youtube.
>>
>>376016961
There are hints to the relationship peppered through most of the game that fly by your head if you don't know what to look for

Again, don't cry because the game didn't spoonfeed you from the get go
>>
>>376016889
Even in Gestalt C, the kiss kinda comes out of nowhere.
>>
>>376017047
>can't follow the convo

The point is easy to get, my point is that its ineffective.
>>
>>376016961
>the very fucking prologue
>all 2B's squad dies, she's stone cold
>9S gets merely hurt protecting her
>devolves to a panicking, terrified girl screaming at her own Pod
>>
>>376017140
We all played the demo, doesn't really change much.

But since he's jewing the fanboys out with plays and side materials I guess he never intended to really develop their characters anyway inside the game. Which begs the question of why use them at all.
>>
>>376017262
>doesn't really change much
except for giving an enormous hint about their relationships being way deeper than they appear to be
but if you don't want to see it, tough shit
>>
>>376017379
Pay attention. I saw it, but I think it failed at delivering the effects it wanted to give. But naturally this will have me repeating myself about the side materials and why they're even in the game if this oh-so-pivotal relationship is hardly even developed upon substantially in the game. It's just there to justify this and that action.
>>
>>376016206
The way I saw it is that DevPop had weakened him by taking back their magic hence his spastic stuttering.

By the shadowlord fight Nier had already pushed Weiss to his limits, so he used his remaining energy to kill Grimoire Noir.
>>
>>376014781
Weiss had to kill Noir though.
>>
>>376016214
>ARE YOU DEPRESSED YET??? YOURE SO EVIL FOR DOING WHAT THE GAME TELLS YOU TO WOW

Why do people keep thinking that this was the point of the game?

It's not that trying to force you to feel bad, it's telling that in shit situations like those you'll be a 'bad' person (depending on your perspective) no matter what you do.
>>
>>376017602
Maybe I missed something, but it didn't feel really foreshadowed.
I was doing a fine job of killing the book myself, and then cutscene, "oh now a sacrifice is needed".
>>
>>376016732
tell us more
>>
>>376017693
They're the same idiots who think Dishonored "punishes" you for going High Chaos instead of it being the best implementation of cause/effect in games since The Witcher.
>>
>>376017716
Yeah it did kinda lack exposition, I think it was clarified in the Q&A from Grimoire Nier.

In response to "where are you going?" he does respond with "why to stop him of course."

It sounds kinda weird with and without context because it sounds like he's talking about the shadowlord, but it makes more sense if you consider that he's referring to Noir.
The rest just fills in the blanks, Weiss thinks it's obvious that he's going to stop Noir which means that Weiss has to probably use all his energy to the point of self destruction to be able to kill Noir.
>>
File: 1492942127660.jpg (196KB, 1500x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1492942127660.jpg
196KB, 1500x1650px
>>376017815
There's nothing more to tell. Main characters survived and gave an oath to live despite whatever hardships they will encounter while carrying the words of prayer that allowed them both to survive.

There's a small bit of their voices after the concert too. Apparently they together with Pods are late for a train. 9S sounds happy.
>>
why does 2b even fall in love with 9s? why would something programmed to kill something else not know about its most important mission?
>>
>>376014781
The ending feels rushed for sure.

I see a lot of people with the opinion that Nier has better characters than Nier:A, but aside from Kaine I don't think that's true. And even though she's technically well written because she's quite unique with a well established backstory and a fairly smooth development arc, all of her dialogue is holding her back several notches. That goes for the entire cast honestly. All of the dialogue is too on the nose and badly lacks subtlety and realism. That was something Nier:A improved so much upon and it made me feel much more connected to the characters compared to Nier, simply because they felt more real, believable and relatable.
>>
>>376018239
Exact opposite for me, Automata seemed more concerned about navel gazing its themes than developing its characters adequately, and if they were developed it was usually in the text adventure segments.

With Nier you get a strong feel for the characters as they go across the game. Not so much with Automata, they feel rushed along.
>>
>>376018234
Because androids were made in our image
>>
>>376018234
She's not programmed, she's forced.
9S is a bright, competent, easygoing guy who saves her, cheers her up and always supports her. She was naturally drawn to him since their first mission together and her infatuation with him only grew since. By the time of a game her entire personality was shaped by her memories of being with him.
>>
>>376018234
They're in love because the plot needs them to be
>>
>all this bickering about Nier vs Automata's stories
>when the truth is both aren't that well written but do some things right
>>
>>376018239
I love dadnier and yonah's relationship. It really made me give a shit about yonah, and it's nice that the game never deviates much from the central goal of saving her.
If you read Grimoire Nier you'll learn that bronier sells his boihole to a guy in seafront in order to get money for yonah's medicine
>>
>>376018679
>he fell for the 'writing can be quantified' meme
>>
>>376011224
Not the same game. The 360 version is quite a bit different.
>>
>>376018947
>he fell for the "dont know shit" meme

but since this is videogames we're talking about i guess we can afford some wiggle room
>>
>>376018994
No it's fucking not, not outside of japan
>>
>>376009978
Can we all agree that Papa Nier >>> Bro Nier
>>
>>376019005
Enlighten us, Quentin, what qualities make writing good or bad?
>>
>>376019140
Yes, but it doesn't matter because Taro hates him.
>>
>>376019170
Compare something like Of Mice and Men to Eragon.

You'll learn more from that than me lecturing you on 4chan.
>>
>finish NieR
>listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxgJ_8AgQbo
>feel depressed for days when I realize the lyrics describe how Caim destroyed the entire human race of this earth and nothing can ever bring them back no matter how much they struggle and want to
Fucking Caim.
>>
>>376019140
this was always accepted here outside of the nu-/v/ plague posters.

>>376019256
no he doesn't, he's flat out said they're both canon due to cycles.
>>
File: 1401106502892.png (526KB, 410x2029px) Image search: [Google]
1401106502892.png
526KB, 410x2029px
>>376019170
Thank you, that MS PAINT COMIC was gathering dust, I'm glad I can post it again
>>
>>376019170
Quentin is in prison
>>
>>376019269
Not an anwser. You're providing consensus of which is better, not what makes it better
>>
>>376019331
Caim didnt really do anything.

Nobody told humans to nuke the fucking maso and spread it all over the world instead of it being contained in Japan. Hell, nobody told humans to rip out their souls with no backup plan.
>>
>>376019369
You're welcome, I lost all of mine when my HDD fried
>>
>>376019405
If you want things to focus on, look at characterization and how every part of the work serves to highlight the underlying themes.
>>
File: Drakengard_3_boxart.png (143KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard_3_boxart.png
143KB, 256x295px
>>376009978
>depressing

You want to talk about depressing, how the fuck did this game (pic related) get released with those technical issues?
>>
>>376016214
You're overplaying the shock factor of it and comparing it too hard to Spec Ops and the like, and not considering the actual meaning behind it all. I can tell you it's not another case of "Oh you chose to kill these innocents yourself look how fucked up you are!".

A central theme in Nier is how we can be so okay with murder as long as we believe it's for a good cause. It's pretty much something Taro put in all of his games in some way or another. He finds it interesting how entertained we are by games that have so much killing in them, and how many games manage to have so much killing, but with perfectly normal characters behind it all. In the case of Drakengard, he made the main characters as psychopaths instead of noble heroes, and for Nier, a game with more normal and sane characters, there needed to be a different way to reason all of this coldblooded ruthless killing they go through, which was that even though it seemed heroic from their perspective, it was terrible for somebody else. Even if you don't quite feel like this yourself, that is clearly how it is for Nier himself. More than anything, Taro just wants you to stop for a while and go "hmm... that rly makes me think".

In before all the faggots that are going to reply with this saying "lol you think that's deep? lmao read a book pls" because I had the spell out the themes people are meant to think about and realize themselves.
>>
>>376019531
Alright, that's an anwser

Now how is Nier not written well? Both games employ techniques unique to medium, both are consistent in characterisation and themes and use stuff like sidequests to underline them
>>
File: gpj.wollow.jpg (33KB, 341x354px) Image search: [Google]
gpj.wollow.jpg
33KB, 341x354px
>>376019331
>name protaganist Caim
>theme the game around a singular action dooming humanity forever
>proceed to not name antagonist Hebel

Too subtle I guess
>>
So what is the mask that Taro wears?
>>
>>376018994
The one we got isn't. It's Dad Nier for both consoles.
>>
>>376019629
I want a rerelease of this game with a good framerate so badly
>>
>>376019951
Emil

If you're asking structurally, he told me it's latex
>>
Can you guys tell me how exactly did you get white moonflower in nier. Not just post the farming guide. Ive been in this farming shit for a week now. I just want my fucking flower for the trophy
>>
>>376020034
Thanks! It's been bugging me.
>>
>>376020056
Pray to RNGesus harder, I got mine on third try
>>
>>376019395
I never heard this story, do tell.

Why didn't the Diamond Doges bust him out with weaponized autism?
>>
>>376019870
I'll say that both Nier and Automata use their scenarios and characters well enough to serve the theme, but each of them both have issues that kinda distract from it and add bloat.

For example in Nier you got things like the Bro/Papa split which could've been done better as just one character, which would allow them to focus on his character even more.

And in Automata you have most of the game just talking around its main point until it finally expresses it in full with the Ending E credits sequence. That one bit alone did more for the story than whatever else was going on for the past 30-40 hours (in comparison Nier 1 was much more elegant and tight with how it handled itself), and its really weird. I already went at length on why I dont think its characterization is the best but I'll let that rest for now. It is what it is.

And then both games have the issue of relying on side materials to patch up holes in the story and/or develop major characters. That's not the best look.
>>
>>376020056
Shoulda payed attention in Biology, boy. Gonna have to break out those punnet squares.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/1252749-post8.html

It's still entirely luck based, though. I did it for about a day straight on the 360 with no luck but on the PS3 version I got incredibly lucky and did it in like half an hour.
>>
>>376020169
>For example in Nier you got things like the Bro/Papa split which could've been done better as just one character, which would allow them to focus on his character even more.
Gotta hire two voice actors then.
>>
>>376019414
It's defeating the queen beast that fucked up humanity, not shooting down the dragon.

And for what it's worth he only doomed humanity in an alternate world, his home world should be good and safe again. Maybe.
>>
>>376020493
Not really, just choose one or the other and commit to it. The Bro/Papa split was a legitimate waste of resources.
>>
>>376020502
Weren't the particles gathered and sent back/banished to some other world that may or may not be the world of Drakengard somewhere after the Gestalt project started?
>>
>>376020169
I'd argue that it's better than most video game plots, which are almost invariably abysmal. I actually liked the pacing a lot. It seemed like every time I had something figured out, I'd get a new piece of information that would nudge me into "wait, maybe I don't have everything figured out".

The world was interesting enough that I would have enjoyed it even with a "normal" ending.

I loved the first game, but I think the biggest improvement Automata had over it were the sidequests. They were all still fetch quests, but every one of them felt fully developed and contributed information about the world. They never felt like filler. I also don't remember any bullshit quests like "go spend the next 3 hours trying to grow pink moonflower", except maybe finding the artifacts in the desert.
>>
>>376020103
>>376020391
Did you guys collect the whole field empty and then planted the new ones, or did you like pick one up and plant immediately new one?
And change clock 4 hours?
>>
>>376020759
>I'd argue that it's better than most video game plots, which are almost invariably abysmal.
True that, and I agree that I really liked how Automata handled sidequests. Sometimes they felt kinda samey with how they ended, but when they were good they were really good. Wandering Couple is one of my favorites.
>>
>>376020169
>Papa/Bro split
I agree, but that's an issue of cultural diffrences and SE being jews

>Automata ending
I don't think that's a good point because you might as well complain that Tyler in Fight Club is a flat character until you get to the twist. Story beating around the bush unless you get the full picture is an effective writing trick, especially if used skillfully (ie. throughout the whole story, not just for cheap shock at the end)

>sidematerials
Never used to patch up either game. Stories are holding water without them. The sidematerial only shows stories disconnected from the main story too hard to weave them into the game, either by being a distant past or future
>>
>>376020834
Collect whole field
>>
>>376020759
>Play through the game again after the reveal about 2B's designation
>Nearly each quest is in new context
Wandering Couple with its repeated falling in love tells 2B that she can't escape her cycle with 9S.
Amnesia and YorHa betrayers have 2B dodging the question and urging 9S to stop asking questions.
The quest about the machine vengeance luring an android has 2B urging that they should tell the truth, to which 9S asks if any truth is fine, unintentionally hurting 2B the most.
>>
File: 1397369764812.png (556KB, 700x656px) Image search: [Google]
1397369764812.png
556KB, 700x656px
>>376016473
Because your game was localized :^)
The real choice is:
choose between a happy life with the girl you love VS your sister
>>
>>376020980
>Never used to patch up either game. Stories are holding water without them.
I'd say that's more the case with Nier than Automata.

With the Fight Club reference I'm not sure if that's the best comparison, like with Tyler he still stands on his own as a character and there's suspense in where its all going. With Automata it feels more like a haze and by the end you're thinking "so thats it?"
>>
>>376021229
Automata doesn't even have that many sidematerials. Memory Box is all I can recall and all it shows is a distant past story, explaining how 9S got combat capability
>>
>>376020502
Nah, I think they're referring to afterwards. Where the WCS and Legion started to propagate was nuked at one point. That's what spread the maso all over the world and really started the outbreak iirc.
>>
>>376021114
Oh yeah, the way they handle the 2E reveal is great. It puts everything into a new context. I love how they set up 2B and 9S as generic character archetypes that you'll take at face value on the first playthrough, but then give good details about their purpose and history that realistically justify their character traits.
>>
>>376019140
Like you have played the original true vision of the devs.
Stop being stupid.
>>
Honest opinion, I'm eating everything up about Nier: Automata(the game itself, the novellas in the strategy guides, etc. I'm going full weeb for it.) but I'm poor and can only choose one game. Should I buy Nier 1, since I've never played it, or buy Persona 5?
>>
>>376021363
You got things like the plays, concerts, and little notes in the art book and some newer translated stuff regarding N2 and another character that might've done well being mentioned in the game.

All in all though, I think the lorefagging is just getting in the way of Taro telling a complete story. That's just my preference though. I know some people like engaging with bonus materials, but I like it when stories just do everything they need to do in one go, the work is more consistent that way and there's no chance of some little aside diminishing what came before like in Nier 1's Ending E..
>>
>>376021778
If you love Automata, just play NieR, it's better and you willhave a shit ton of things to read.
>>
>>376019140
No. Bro Nier is a more interesting and unique character.
>>
File: 2452341.jpg (553KB, 870x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2452341.jpg
553KB, 870x1000px
>>376021778
I'd wait on Nier 1, there seems to be lots of demand for a remaster so that may be a thing later. Alternatively, you can just read a Let's Play. I read this one https://lparchive.org/NIER/ . He 100%s it and includes most of the dialog and all of the cutscenes. The only thing you'd be missing out on is the mediocre gameplay.
>>
>>376022117
>you can just read a Let's Play
Kill yourself, JUST FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>376022117
Reminder to ignore anyone telling you to watch/read an LP.

And Automata's gameplay is equally as "mediocre" as Nier's, all that really changed was the base mechanics and more flashy animations.
>>
>>376021778
P5 is a more fun game and will last longer.

Nier is not that fun to play, it's pretty much entirely carried by its story and music, and like Nier:A the story isn't something you'll really appreciate until you're basically done with the game.

You don't want to overdose on Nier bleakness either, you may enjoy the game more if you take a break with something else like P5 first.
>>
>>376021778
Nier 1 is like $20 so just get that
>>
File: paysage_02.jpg (2MB, 1772x1323px) Image search: [Google]
paysage_02.jpg
2MB, 1772x1323px
>>376022190
>>376022191
It's a good option if you don't have the system and just want the lore. Haters gonna hate.
>>
File: IMG_20170505_065808256.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_065808256.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Didn't feel like making my own thread but has anyone else encountered a bug in the new N:A DLC? I'm trying to leave the robot Colosseum but I'm stuck on the elevator and I JUST FINISHED THAT GOD DAMN FUCKING MASAMUNE FIGHT AFTER TRYING FOR 5 GOD DAMN HOURS AND YOU CAN'T SAVE DOWN THERE SO I HAVE TO FUCKING DO IT ALL AGAIN.

TARO'D.
PHONEPIC RELATED BECAUSE FUCK YOU.
>>
>>376022654
It's not really about hating, knowing the lore is nothing to actually experiencing the game.

He's better off ignoring it entirely if he wont get the best experience possible.

You got some nice pictures though, source?
>>
>>376022191
>And Automata's gameplay is equally as "mediocre" as Nier's
You don't know what you're talking about. Automata is a massive improvement in controls and responsiveness which is pretty fucking integral to an action game. What keeps it from being great are the enemy designs and incredibly poor balancing that makes it impossible to get something between cakewalk easy and bullshit difficult, but it is still much nicer to play than Nier's clunky snoozefest.
>>
>>376022658
>Get 2:35~ on hard on special rank
>Lol to bad you can't save down here or leave. Do it again ;^}
WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE PUT A FUCKING SAVE POINT DOWN HERE.
THEY'RE FUCKING EVERYWHERE IN THE NORMAL GAME. BUT NO FUCKING SAVE POINTS DOWN IN YOUR DUMB BULLSHIT CHALLENGE DLC?
>>
>>376022970
If you actually finished the rest of my post you'd know I'm pretty much agreeing with you, dumbass.

Automata fixes the base mechanics, but like you say you still got things like poorly utilized enemies, shit balancing, the pointless RPG mechanics, and an open world that's highly questionable.

All in all, just about as spotty as the first Nier. Even then Nier 1 just played like a PS2 game, nothing all that grievous.
>>
File: lot-251059.jpg (1MB, 1900x1501px) Image search: [Google]
lot-251059.jpg
1MB, 1900x1501px
>>376022890
Jean Pierre Ugarte. A lot of his paintings are Nierish.

>He's better off ignoring it entirely if he wont get the best experience possible.

I wouldn't agree with that at all. Knowing the Drakengard and Nier lore has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of Automata. It's like listening to a CD rather than seeing the music performed live. It might not be as good, but it's still a worthwhile experience.
>>
>>376023254
Considering how much things like the music and voice acting add to the overall experience I'm not inclined to agree. But I'm more of a purist type, people will choose what they want at the end of the day.

Thanks though, this stuff is cool.
>>
File: IMG_20170505_071336082.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_071336082.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
15 minutes and still on this fucking elevator.

How does a game designer dick up this badly?
I don't think I'll ever try to do the special rank again just because of how bullshit that Masamune fight is.
It was nice that all the spectators start turning their phrases to be about 9S after you beat it all.
>>
>>376023413
The one I linked is good about that, he posts all the cutscenes and voice acted bits, and even includes links to the music that plays during each section.

I would have rather played the game, but I don't have a 360 or a ps3 and can't justify buying one for just one game. If they do a PC port or a remaster I'll snap it right up.
>>
>>376023132
Well I don't agree with how you're downplaying the improvement of the controls and movesets then. I don't have any problem with the world either, I think it's one of the better open worlds honestly. It's no bigger than it needs to be and it doesn't have a bunch of worthless busywork that's only there to extend the playtime unlike every other open world game as of lately. Not sure what exact RPG mechanics you're thinking of, but I quite liked the chip system, it just needed to be balanced better like the rest of the game.
>>
>>376023993
IMO Automata might've done better just keeping a more directed experience like in the prologue. Because unlike the first Nier it dosent even really have those "slice of life" moments that would justify taking your time through the world. You're always on a mission encountering the enemy, and a more tight design would've complimented that. Then just have fewer but more substantial side missions.

With the RPG mechanics I'm talking about the stats/leveling. That's one of the reasons the games balance is so shit and the enemies so bland. If you can crank the numbers up there's no reason to make them actually challenging or fun to fight. Just shoot it till its dead.

The chip and pod systems were alright, but I think they gave you too much good stuff early and you can cheese the game if you just do bare minimum.
>>
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>376023132
>Nier 1 just played like a PS2 game, nothing all that grievous
Well excuuuse you.
>>
>>376023701
Welp I'm unable to replicate the bug after restarting the game.
I guess it really was Taro just fucking trolling me.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.