[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a flaw. You LITERALLY can't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (14KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 235x215px
Name a flaw.

You LITERALLY can't.
>>
>>376009285

It's on a 240p screen.
>>
it's not OoT
>>
Ruining the Zora swimming.
>>
>>376009285
>game for gay japanese children
I guess it is fine if you suck dicks for a living.
>>
File: remake differ22.jpg (949KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
remake differ22.jpg
949KB, 1600x2400px
worse lighting
worse atmosphere
worse art direction
easier bosses
zora swimming was gimped
>>
>>376009285
>>376009452
>pointy nose in the cover
>retarded abo nose in the game

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>376009452
but
everything in this looks better in the 3ds version
>>
>>376009452
right is better
>>
Can't do skips anymore.

I tried to get to Great Bay before beating Goron Dungeon and it wouldn't let me do it like in the N64 version.
>>
>time limit
/Thread
>>
>>376009452
the only flaw i see here is the eye in the mouth
>>
>>376009452
The only thing that's better in the 3ds version of the picture is the stars in the observatory. That's the only case where the atmosphere actually improved...
>>
Ruined Zora's swimming and ruined the bosses by making them more scripted and boring. The first boss used to be so fun to fight and they fucking ruined it. It's also too bright overall and doesn't quite capture the same atmosphere.
>>
>>376009285
>clock change
>notebook change
>RIPing Zora swimming, one of the best mechanics of the original

Other than that good remake. Added fishing holes was nice.
>>
>>376009723
this
>>
>>376009723
>>376010072
Confirmed for not even playing the game. The way the time limit works is a benefit to the game, not a detractor.
>>
>>376010203
How?
>>
>>376009378
>Ruining the Zora swimming.

That's the only thing that they fucked up. Other than that, the 3DS version is vastly superior to the original.
>>
I really don't like the new look they gave the Moon in the 3DS version
>>
>>376010203
They actually fixed it on the 3DS. The original system was stupid as shit.
>>
>>376009285

Everything that was changed from the N64 release, besides the framerate and resolution boost.
>>
>>376010282

They ruined the first boss, that matters.
>>
>>376010252
Because the clock was attached to side quests, NPC schedules, and world events. The timer was used in a way that made the world organic and move in real time, as opposed to just being a simple time limit.

>>376010373
Sure, ADHD child. It's better because it doesn't make you sit still and think in a game that rewards you for thinking about it.
>>
>>376009723
>time limit is a problem in a game you control time
wew

>>376009285
no rainbow stairs
>>
MM 3D was a mistake because it split the fanbase, gave newbies a version of the game to play that was made without the consent of the original developers, and provided no real benefits over the original that make it worth playing first.

It's good for replays (even though the original MM has the perfect replay system, even at 100% you always start at the beginning of the game, etc) but that's it.
>>
>>376010568
>Sure, ADHD child. It's better because it doesn't make you sit still and think in a game that rewards you for thinking about it.

>play for 20 minutes
>something comes up in real life
>save game
>next time have to do it all over, kek

Get a life, you dumb neet virgin.
>>
>>376009285
Ruining zora swiming
Ruining Bosses

Also, for me is a game with no replayability. The surprise factor is really important the first time you play it. The second run is pretty meh, just like Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>376010682

>literally too dumb to quicksave
>>
>>376010682
>Can't just pause the game and come back to it.
>Can't just teleport to an owl statue and save at it.
>Even so, if something that important happened in real life, the 20 minutes lost wouldn't even matter.
>And even further, the way Majora's Mask world design works, those 20 minutes you spent playing will likely be completely different from the next 20 minutes of restarting.
>Finally, playing an arthouse classic without putting a place for it on your schedule.
Please stop posting
>>
>>376009285
30fps limit
>>
>>376010813
>arthouse classic
>arthouse classic
>arthouse classic
>arthouse classic
>arthouse classic

LOL
>>
File: 1487707182565.png (72KB, 283x268px) Image search: [Google]
1487707182565.png
72KB, 283x268px
>>376010870
>It's a philistine tries to discuss an arthouse game episode.
>>
>>376010913
>arthouse game
>arthouse game
>arthouse game
>arthouse game
>arthouse game

My sides. Stop it, already.
>>
>>376010946
So yeah, you have no real reason to discuss Majora's Mask because you don't understand or respect it. Stop posting, trolling is against the rules.
>>
>>376010985
>trolling is against the rules

Says the "arthouse" master troll, kek.
>>
>>376009452
don't know why he would leave his crystals out in the open for any little fuk to steal but the fish actually looks like a fish in mm3d and not like a moving molten mountain, and the stellarium's better. Odolwa got fucked on purp skurp obviously though this time
>>
File: clip+(2017-05-02+at+12.10.16).png (3MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2017-05-02+at+12.10.16).png
3MB, 1600x1600px
>>376011013
Majora's Mask is heavily respected within the art community and the videogame community for having creative gameplay that greatly compliments its strong narrative and surreal atmosphere. There's a reason it appears on every "recommended art game" list everywhere like pic related. There are even hundreds of essays written on it proclaiming its genius.

You wouldn't know anything about that, though, you're just a troll trying to get (you)'s.
>>
>>376011158
MM is no more artistic than any other Zelda though. Its clever. A lot of games are.
>>
>>376011360
So are you basically confirming you've never actually played MM or are you just ignoring that MM has gameplay, narrative, and atmosphere unlike any other zelda game in existence.

Literally everyone who's said "MM is just a zelda game" is either 1) a troll, 2) someone who actually hasn't played it, or 3) someone who doesn't treat videogames with respect.
>>
>muh artistic hierarchy
>muh conception of objective value

wew lad

read a book pleb
>>
>>376011456
Stop with the fedora bait. MM is literally just another Zelda game.
>>
>>376011456
I'm not that other guy. And MM is my favorite Zelda, and one of my favorite all time games. Its a clever game. Seasons/Ages are also very clever games.
>>
>>376011561
Sure, I'll continue to do exactly that. I forgot /v/ is filled with children and manchildren who only take games at face value.
>>
>>376011456
>please treat videogames with respect
>>
>>376011674
You don't have to, just know that by not doing so, you're doing your part in dooming videogames to passionless mediocrity and monotony.
>>
>>376011742
>please stop dooming videogames
listen to yourself AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>376011774
Damn anon I wouldn't know how it'd feel to be so detached from reality that you actually have to respond to things you made up in your head

i'll pray for you
>>
>>376011646
>trash tier assertions

pleb continues to be mired in sophistry
like poetry
>>
Not saying I liked the eyes, but I thought the fish and twin bug bosses were harder/more interesting on the 3DS than in the original. Especially during the latter fight you could just button bash yourself to victory on the N64 because you could equip the giant's mask right away IIRC.
>>
Unsatisfying and roundabout fetch quests to progress makes the game feel less like an adventure and more like a series of arbitrary event checks that all have to occur in order and don't abide by much practical sense. Ocarina of Time also had this problem but I'm not sure which game has it worse.
The time travel mechanic is logically inconsistent, making the learning curve awkward and giving the game a dated feeling.
Tons of re-used assets, mechanics, and items makes the game's core feel pretty unoriginal unless you haven't played Ocarina of Time.
I didn't finish Majora's Mask but it generally shares a lot of the design flaws Ocarina of Time had.

>>376011158
This image is pretty embarrassing. Attributing all these games to one designer. Writing Hidetaka Suehiro instead of Swery. I get whoever designed this has a big boner for auteur theory but for God's sake couldn't he have included some much more inspiring games whose development can actually withstand being attributed to one person? Another World? Cave Story? Even Ikaruga is closer to this one-name director fantasy than any of the games on this list, save for maybe Pathologic, but that game has a whole batch of issues.
Other issues: Calling Silent Hill 2 a "Horror" game, because I guess Silent Hill 2 is not about surviving but Deadly Premonition is? Is Deadly Premonition not a third person shooter? The margins of the image aren't even equal ffs.
The whole "art as a label" pretentiousness is a detriment to video game analysis btw. And calling a fucking Zelda game an art-house work? What a joke.
>>
>>376012424
Your 'analysis' is closer to critique and as a result really does not merit the use of the pseudo-object rhetoric you use
>>
i can´t its a perfect geimu. I never forget how many hours spent as a kid with the game was released, exploring the city and dreaming to live there with my waifu. Get all the mask is really entertaiment and the side stories are great. The 4 temples are perfect. Damn wáter temple it was imposible with that boss... fucking fish. I really enjoy re playing the game in the 3DS.
>>
>>376012424
>Tons of re-used assets, mechanics, and items makes the game's core feel pretty unoriginal unless you haven't played Ocarina of Time.
I mean, half the uneasiness from MM is because it's a creepy version of what we've already experienced from OOT.
>>
>>376012665
I and certainly wouldn't call my post an analysis (in the literary sense). OP asked for "a flaw". It's a mindless template for a thread so I just kicked a couple of short-form simple-to-grasp flaws to help pop this silly sort of bubble about the game being anywhere near Great.

>>376012972
It's a novel way of reusing the previous game, sure, but the problem's still lingering.
>>
>>376012827
Majora's Mask was the first game I played where I could just hang out and the world would carry on without my driving force.
>>
>>376009285
mana bar on the swimdash
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Making the moon look like fucking Shrek.
>>
>>376014193
lol i knew it looked goofy i could just never place why
>>
>>376014193
Only looks like shrek because you made it so. Look at the comparison posted above. Looks no more like Shrek than the original which is the same just pointy, less polygons in it.
>>
>>376009285
There is you in the fanbase
>>
>>376009452
Right is better. Same is true with the OoT remake.

Dumb nostalgiatard.
>>
>>376009452
The only thing I prefer with the original is the colours in the laboratory.
>>
>>376010712
I havent found an statement as stupid as this in 5+ years of browsing 4chan. You should consider thibking twice before posting Contrarian argumenta for the sale of being contrarian
>>
>>376015449
>You should consider thinking twice before posting

Or else what faggot?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.