[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you enjoying your Switch /v/? Are you excited for ARMS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: NintendoSwitch_hardware.0.0.jpg (409KB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
NintendoSwitch_hardware.0.0.jpg
409KB, 1920x1085px
How are you enjoying your Switch /v/?

Are you excited for ARMS?
>>
Yes Mr. Shill, sir.
>>
File: 1490383659526.png (682KB, 1000x904px) Image search: [Google]
1490383659526.png
682KB, 1000x904px
>>376006617
>Are you excited for ARMS?
Nah. Even if it gets high reviews I don't think I can care enough. Just give me my squid lolis.
>>
it's a paper weight since I beat Zelda.

ARMS looks okay, but there's a lot of other games out i'd rather be playing. if it's still alive when it's under $40 i might pick it up.
>>
>he didn't download blaster master zero
>>
>>376007001
why even buy it if it was just for zelda, you could have gotten puyo puyo tetris, bomberman and mk8 by now
>>
>>376008558
>bomberman
overpriced
>puyo puyo tetris
seemingly overpriced but apparently surprisingly fun
>mk8
you assumed he hasn't played it before
>>
File: IMG_1269.jpg (150KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1269.jpg
150KB, 1200x675px
Very excited! Whoop whoop
>>
>>376009467
if he's played it before on wii u why not get zelda on wii u instead of complaining that the switch is a paperweight
>>
>>376009626
He might've sold his Wii U to get the Switch, knowing that his Wii U won't get any more Nintendo games and that the value of used Wii Us will drop sharply the moment everyone realizes that.
>>
>>376009467
>seemingly overpriced but apparently surprisingly fun
Bomberman is fun too
>>
>>376009708
But Puyo Puyo Tetris is not only 10 dollars cheaper, it also seems to have more variety.
>>
>>376009690
everyone already realizes the wii u isn't getting more games. the fact that there's so few in the world is the reason it's not dropping in value any time soon
>>
>>376006617
A friend bought it and I tried it just the other day.

As a handheld, performance is cool I guess, Zelda looks good on a small screen, but it's way too huge to be played in public. Like a DVD case and a half big.

As a home console I think it's pretty underwhelming. Also I can handle the tiny controllers semi-comfortably when they are connected to the screen, but fuck me if I ever have to use one of the slip on things for local multiplayer.

All in all, a good handheld that is way too huge.
>>
>>376009789
The thing is, with so many people selling their Wii Us and most people wanting a Switch over a Wii U, the supply will be far greater than the demand. I would expect it to drop now and go back up in value in a year or two - however, how much it goes up depends on how many Wii U ports the Switch gets and how many good games the Switch gets in general.
>>
>>376009906
It is definitely too huge for playing as an actual handheld on a train like previous Nintendo handhelds, but I think Nintendo sees it more as a tabletop console than a handheld console. The size is alright when you consider that two people are expected to play in split screen on one.
>>
>>376006617
Yep.

I was getting tired of Zelda, then boom, MK8.

Playing battle mode online is too much fun
>>
>>376009995
it really isn't too big for that
>>
File: 1484285318085.png (1MB, 1926x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1484285318085.png
1MB, 1926x1074px
>>376006617
Loving it. Mk8d is crazy fun. It also is probably the most brutal mario kart since Snes. Not a bloody inch given online.
>>
>>376006617
I like mario kart and tetris but arms looks like shit. Just waiting for Splatoon
>>
My Switch is honestly my favourite console of all time, just need some games for it. Zelda was alright and I'm not really interested in anything else til Xenoblade 2 comes out. Might get Disgaea though just so I have an excuse to play with it again.
>>
>>376011181
>My Switch is honestly my favourite console of all time, just need some games for it
doesn't make any sense
>>
>>376006617
Loving it!
Not very excited for ARMS but I'll get it anyways just to have something to play.
All in all the first year line up is pretty great with BOTW, MK8D, ARMS, A platoon 2, and Mario Odyssey.
I hate that dry spell through Fall but maybe N will announce something at E3
>>
>>376011343
I love the hardware, software is another story. As far as games go obviously my PS4 has a better library but the hardware is so fucking dull. Aside from the touchpad it's basically identical to the original Playstation which is over 20 years old.
>>
>>376011510
what's so good about the hardware
>>
>>376011343
Sure it does. The form factor and the way the system handles the games he already has played have obviously made a strong impression on him. I'm inclined to agree with him.
>>
>>376011541
Build quality for one, it's much more solid than I was expecting and whatever plastic they made the controllers out of just feels so nice. I like the versatility of it too, I bought a classic controller so there's a few different control schemes I can go with. I ended up switching between them a fair bit when I played Zelda.
>>
>>376011554
what's so special about the way the system handles the games? you put the card in and it plays... wow so innovative
>>
>>376011510
What do you play on PS4? I remember at launch all it had was Battlefield 4. My PS4 became a dusty Netflix machine
>>
>>376011640
I don't know what he means but it does boot the games quickly even from sleep mode.
Cartridges are so nice too.
>>
>>376011897
Nioh and P5 recently. I tried Horizon Zero Dawn but it just sucks, don't see what the fuss is about at all.
>>
>>376011640
Being able to switch between portable/docked mode is pretty great when you live with others and only have so much TV time, for one.
Or playing something as involved and entertaining as BotW or online MK8 in portable mode.
That, and the JoyCons just feel nice in my hands.
>>
i still haven't felt a joycon and i really want to
>>
>>376006617
I got mine a few hours ago. Loving Zelda so far and I've already had the chance to play Mario Kart with somebody. I'm honestly not entirely sure why I bought one, but I'm super glad that I did. I'm having fun with vidya and I can take it with me wherever.
>>
>>376009467
Buy Puyo Puyo Tetris
>>
splataatatatata
>>
File: tumblr_ojw27quEoi1uqr2buo1_1280.png (328KB, 673x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojw27quEoi1uqr2buo1_1280.png
328KB, 673x1080px
Just want Xenoblade 2 desu

I'll get Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Arms and all the other first party shit, but Xenoblade is why I buy Nintendo consoles
>>
>>376013968
>tfw wanted XBX port but got XB2 instead
I hope it's good but I really want them to give us another massive mech game
>>
>>376014183
I still want another Xenogears. Not holding my breath, though.
>>
>>376011510
>I love the underpowered, featureless hardware with paid online, and no system features

What the fuck?
>>
>>376014454
>underpowered
When I want grafics I get on my PC
>featureless hardware
Four controller configurations in TV mode plus handheld mode
>paid online
Not interested in multiplayer I'll be modding it as soon as I can anyway
>no system features
wat
>>
File: redline.png (2MB, 1860x1048px) Image search: [Google]
redline.png
2MB, 1860x1048px
>>376014183
Sadly as it stands right now I doubt we see mechas for a good while as the main focus, the Game sold horribly in Japan once again, and they through the mechas was gonna be the reason Japan would be hype for the game this time.

The art style change and romantic tone are another attempts at attracting the Japanese into the series, wich makes me really sad, since this means they sacrifice some level of artistic integrity now for sells by using the mainstream popular art style. Fuckers say they want to focus on the western audience more too, the ones that keep buying their product, but Nah, after 2 failed games lets keep targeting fucking Japan.

Demon Souls was not popular in Japan when it came out here, we made it Popular, so they created Dark Souls for the western audience and Japan jumped in of course.
>>
>>376011974
>>376012070
I'm kind of not surprised that Nintendo fans are so oblivious to old features. I'm nore surprised by the fact that they seem to display it as some sort of new, amazing idea as if Nintendo makes immaculate products, where most of their consoles are cheap garbage.

Talking to you Switch fags is like speaking to a used car salesman, but worse, since the used car salesman doesnt use retarded logic jumps and buzzwords.
>>
>>376014608
I don't care if the features are new or not. What matters is they're there, they work, and the games are fun.

But cry more about muh console wars and muh PC master race.
>>
>>376014519
Its 2 generations behind power wise, that's not 'just' a graphics issue, it means you will be bottlenecked by newer stuff, most games will look and run like shit.

Protip: having 4 controllers isnt new, nor is a TV output.

Modding a console that's just came out? Lmao? What are you going to play? It gets 4 games a year, and most are online focused.

No basic system features you fucking retard. No voice chat rooms, no video play back, no browser, no unique features, no customization, etc. Its a locked down, underpowered tablet with next to no software.
>>
>>376014881
Reread your post and reassess your life.
>>
>>376014881
>no browser
That'd be a problem if I didn't have a PS3, PS4, Xboner, 3DS, Vita, phone, tablet, PC or laptop

The rest of your post is mainly opinions but that argument is straight-up retarded
>>
>>376006617
No and No. Wake me up when Odyssey.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.