[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: vidya confessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 1489283888018.jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489283888018.jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
I never knew Uncharted had supernatural elements, I always thought until recently that they were 100% grounded in "reality."
>>
>>376001680
Did you not play the first three?
>>
File: 1464394871829.png (257KB, 437x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464394871829.png
257KB, 437x360px
>>376001764
Nope. I avoided them all these years because I thought they seemed boring.
Nobody, in all of this time, has ever mentioned the fact that there are monster zombie men in the games, at least not in my presence.

I'd never even seen a single bit of gameplay footage or even a screenshot of that shit.
>>
>>376001764
No anon he's admitting that he's one of those 'never played the game' shitposters that got all of his information about a game from /v/. That being said, 4 doesn't have supernatural elements and it sucks for that reason.
>>
I have 78 IQ and I couldn't get above Stone in any chapter in Bayonetta
But I did manage to finish it though !!
>>
>>376001680
Same

I don't know these things because I don't play shit games.
>>
i never finished ff1-10 or chrono trigger but got more than half way in them, and already know the ending so never felt the drive to finish them. and going back to resume is too much of a pain because i forgot specifics of things, and starting from the beginning again sounds annoying.
>>
>>376001680
But they are grounded in reality and the supernatural twist is always just a drug or something that makes people super strong or crazy.

>>376001856
I mentioned them a lot in scary enemy threads. Pretty cool twist though, right? Totally scared the shit out of me because I didn't see it coming.
>>
I've never played a dark souls game but i know everything about the lore. Same with Touhou.
>>
>>376002369
You probably just "know" bullshit that people made up here. I know a bit about metroid because I used to waifu Samus and would save pictures of her.
>>
>>376002360
>But they are grounded in reality and the supernatural twist is always just a drug or something that makes people super strong or crazy.

That's not true for Uncharted 1 and 2. Uncharted 1 the "main treasure," of that game actually "curses," people and turns them into zombies.

In Uncharted 2, the "main treasure," produces tree sap that turns people into monsters eventually, if they overdose on it.

Only Uncharted 3 and 4 don't have any supernatural elements per say.
>>
>>376001680
I look up extensive plot summaries of games that I never played and discuss it with people who have. No one ever calls me out on it.
>>
File: CiedEuPWwAAb860.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CiedEuPWwAAb860.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>376001680
>grounded in "reality."
no one irl is as hot as drake
>>
>>376002563
>Uncharted 1 the "main treasure," of that game actually "curses," people and turns them into zombies.

It's a mutagen, actually. Similar to the cordyceps fungus from TLOU. You see how the dust from the mummy has to be inhaled by Gabriel Roman before he goes crazy. The tree sap in U2 is also basically just a super steroid. There's no real magic in it, just crazy biology.
>>
File: uncharted-3-subway-615.jpg (52KB, 615x312px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-3-subway-615.jpg
52KB, 615x312px
>>376002902
How does he look so good despite Eating Fresh™ at Subway™ every day?
>>
File: drake.gif (714KB, 198x199px) Image search: [Google]
drake.gif
714KB, 198x199px
>>376002902
>>
>>376003192
Fair enough on those points.
>>
File: meme-run-review-wii-u-eshop_1.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
meme-run-review-wii-u-eshop_1.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
I legitimately had fun playing Meme Run
>>
I never finished Dark Souls because I didn't like the gameplay and the overall design of both the mechanics and story and feels like I should be following a walkthrough in order to do everything the "proper" way
>>
File: 1486912603266.gif (94KB, 514x510px) Image search: [Google]
1486912603266.gif
94KB, 514x510px
>>376003680
But that's completely acceptable, anon. The actual mechanical gameplay is the worst part of the game.
>>
>>376003680
I never finished it either because the gameplay felt way too clunky, like a game in its alpha stage.
>>
There's nothing objectively wrong with Undertale. Its a pretty decent game with a stellar ost. It pays solid homage to the Mother games. Its the fanbase thats absolute cancer and kills any actual discussion on/v/
>>
>>376003680
Stop using guides. There's so many builds you can try and stuble apon. It's best to do what feels right than read a mother fucking guide.

All you need to know about Dark Souls games is that you should always go dex.
>>
>>376003967
>There's nothing objectively wrong with Undertale

I mean, I don't think that's true. There's plenty of flaws.
But yes I loved the game when I first played it and the only things that soured it for me were the pacifist ending and the fanbase.
>>
>>376002602
I don't think that's true, that sounds like something you may have done but I can't be sure.
>>
>>376001680
thanks for the spoiler OP faggot, I always wanted to play this series (some day) but not now that the twist is ruined
>>
>>376003916
Yeah, that's exactly it. It feels like it was underdevelopment and they said "nah, let's just push it out" and a bunch of people got excited over it.

>>376004042
It's not even builds. It's items and mechanics as well. A lot of times I was stumbling around not really sure what to do because of the vague descriptions. Hell, I didn't understand humanity until I looked it up because they don't really talk about it in game. I even managed to use a fire lady's soul on myself because the description was so weird about it. They don't even tell you that the firekeeper is a firekeeper. It feels like you should just be constantly backtracking and trying items on anything that moves.
>>
Never played a Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Tom Clancy, Halo, Tekken, Star Wars, or Far Cry game and I don't think I ever will.
I have a hard time playing games with realistic looking humans in them because since they don't look out of a cartoon or anime there's no sense of fantasy or fun.
>>
>>376004212
Oh I does have its share of problems. Its not the perfect like the rabid fans like to think, but its still a pretty good game. What was wrong with Pacifist for you?
>>
I watch lets plays most of the time because I'm broke and don't have a gaming pc or current gen console
>>
>>376004521
at least mass effect, halo, and star wars has cool aliens
>>
>>376004664
I don't like aliens, dragons, vampires, ghosts, or zombies. all super overdone
>>
I believe EOPs playing translated Japanese games are subhumans.
>>
I play Ark survival on ps4
>>
File: 1463178269562.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463178269562.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>376001680
>That drug that makes you fight a bunch of ghost riders in 3

Nathan Drake makes being a Sony fag worth it.
>>
>>376004597
It went full anime. All your friends show up and give you the power of friendship to defeat the big final bad guy who was actually just a misunderstood nice guy the whole time.
It's been a long time since I played it and I know I had more issues with it than that, but overall it feels like it just doesn't fit.

Yeah the game is about friendship and it's usually lighthearted, but it's so over-the-top sugary that I just ended up really contempting it.
It felt like Toby just ran out of any clever ways to write it so he just wrote it exactly the way it seemed to be going.
Considering I had just finished the section in the lab with giant horrible mutated monstrosities I just felt like the bittersweet tone of the game had been completely betrayed.

Also, none of the "I'm shutting your game off" or meta tricks worked on me.
I thought it was hype when Asgore destroyed part of the UI but that was it, the rest of it was just so "look at me, I'm so inventive and kooky and crazy, I bet you've never had a game break the fourth wall before."
>>
I hate that I started playing games online with my friends back in the Xbox 360 days, we grew up and now they don't play anymore and it's ruined gaming for me because the only enjoyment I get is from playing with friends. Gone are the days when I could play the same N64 game for hours on end because I legitimately had fun.
>>
>tfw uncharted 4 didn't have ghost pirate zombies because they wanted it to be more grounded and realistic
>>
>>376002181
CT isn't evem that long its like 10 hours blind
>>
>>376004908
Thats fair. It was pretty ham fisted and obvious. But then again it fits in with the rest of the game. I did really like Flowey fucking around with your save file tho
>>
I'm sort of triggered brcause /v/ keeps making several threads for the same anime games.
Also I only play a select games all the time without really trying to find hew things while also complaining that nothing nice is coming out.
>>
>>376001856
>I avoided them all these years because I thought they seemed boring.

You can skip 1 and maybe 2, but you must play 3 and don't thank me.

You probably skipped the horrible 1 and 2 gameplay and some minor story but you get closure on 3.
>>
>>376003214
subway > mcdonalds.

true fact.
>>
>>376007085
Subway is a meme food, they market themselves as a healthy option but their shit is even more frozen and processed than mcdonalds
>>
I beat XCOM multiple times, pirated. I bought it on Steam later on and can't bring myself to beat it even once.
I'd rather play UFO Defense than play XCOM2.
>>
>>376007234
>I'd rather play UFO Defense than play XCOM2.
That seems incredibly dumb.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.