[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THIS GAME IS TOO FUCKING HARD >Git Gud I CAN'T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 19

File: header.jpg?t=1491387266.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1491387266.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
THIS GAME IS TOO FUCKING HARD

>Git Gud
I CAN'T
>>
File: pepe.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>Savescum
>Still lose all the time
>>
It's just the right balance of fun and frustrating that I'm constantly playing it and losing.
>>
File: bf4.jpg (269KB, 1353x761px) Image search: [Google]
bf4.jpg
269KB, 1353x761px
Templar Battleforce is better
>>
The game is dogshit. There's a reason it will never ever reach even 100k sales, which is embarrassing as fuck for a turn based squad tactics title, since the audience is definitely there as proven by other turn based tactics titles released earlier.
>>
>>376005002
Can you elaborate a bit on what it is that's dogshit? I personally find the combat to be too barebones.
>>
>>376005002
Why is it dogshit? I'm having a good time with it.
>>
>>376001514
its easy as fuck and repetitive
>>
>>376005283
>I'm having a good time with it.
That's because you're a shit-eater.

>>376005191
>Can you elaborate a bit on what it is that's dogshit?
Because it looks like a physical manifestation of eye cancer. Because it bring absolutely nothing new to the genre mechanics wise, it's all the same regurgitated shit any genre veteran has seen a thousand times. Because it's a shitty grindfest consisting of shitty random scenarios with no goal or purpose. because it's set in an absolutely generic fantasy setting with not a single interesting story or lore related element. Because the encounter design lacks any sort of depth, since it's all randomly generated dogshit.

>b-but you're wrong because here's my shit opinion
Nobody cares about your shit opinion as proven by nobody buying this steaming turd. It's literally the embodiment of a mediocre, uninspired, mobile-tier level rehash.
>>
>>376005535
ah, I see, just like OP you couldn't get gud
>>
File: 1491608636114.png (7KB, 349x298px) Image search: [Google]
1491608636114.png
7KB, 349x298px
>>376001514
its good for a while, 100 hour game for me but honestly im still waiting fora "good" TBS tactics title. All the xcom/x-com/xenunaughts titles did an okish job but could be improved heavily.

Only the Japaneses ones do it well but they are always heavily handicapped by a leveling system that makes all the fights to fucking easy after the 1st 6
>>
>>376005535
Thank you for dealing the final blow to the game.

On that matter, what are some turn-based tactical games you've liked, genre-redefining or otherwise? My favorite is Silent Storm 2, but I'm biased because it's the only one I seemed to manage to become good at, perhaps because it's so intuitive.
>>
>>376005651
>Japaneses ones do it well
You're are retarded, literally just another shit-eating dumbfuck spouting memes. Games like FFT, TO and other meme nipnog S"""RPGs""" are dogshit, because there's no limit on how much you can level and the game doesn't scale with you. This results in any sort of challenge completely flying out of the window as your rate of levelling and the game enemy levelling are not in sync and you usually outlevel everything by mid-game, which eliminates any sort of challenge.
>>
>>376006118
>they are always heavily handicapped by a leveling system that makes all the fights to fucking easy after the 1st 6

Didn't they teach you to read in school?
>>
>>376005739
try xenunaughts? Super dungeon tactics was actually pretty decent too, you can find that one on steam.
>>
>>376006374
>says nipnog trash "does it well"
>says it's utter dogshit in the same post
You forgot to take your schizophrenia pills.
>>
>>376004992
>not spacemarines
vs
>not tyranids

it's suprising GW let's this live.
>>
File: steam games.png (109KB, 263x883px) Image search: [Google]
steam games.png
109KB, 263x883px
>>376005739
Here's my Steam game list, since I'm too lazy to post individual games. Most of these games are good. Not every TBS/TBT game I've played is there, since I started an account only recently after being a piratefag for most of my gaming life.

I've also played every even remotely popular title not on the list like JA games, FT, ToEE and so on.
>>
>>376001514
>literally everything is based on rng
i really want to like it, but i just can't
>>
>>376001514
Veteran is still pretty doable
Expert is remorseless buttrape though, you really have to pull all the tricks in the book and play really safely or you just croak
>>
This game is a solid base which could benefit inifinitely from mod support
But nope
>>
>>376006503
they even call their fuel "promethium" and are constantly talking about "the xeno" and shit. It's so fucking blatant.

Fair's fair tho, their space marines do have this unique thing where they pass all their memories to their children, giving all notmarines the equivalent of centuries of battle experience.
>>
>>376006591
I like your taste in vidya annon.
>>
>>376006685

This

SO much potential if only the developers gave it mod support
>>
>>376006591
>Most of these games are good.
>hyperdevotion noire
good thing you put that "most" in the sentence
>>
>>376006685
>>376006815

Why do you want mod support anyway? Do you want to introduce custom, non-random campaigns or story missions? I doubt that's possible with the way the game is designed.
>>
>>376006721
That's just their version of taking the geneseed of dead marines and putting it into new marines.
>>
>>376006868
The hilarious thing is that Hyperdevotion is better than this turd. At least it's not boring.
>>
>>376006931
More factions
More traits, abilities, weapons
Less randomness
Maybe magic, player necromancy could be swell
Custom maps
>>
>>376006970
the fact that they can fuck already makes them better than marines
Templa lady is mai waifu
>>
>>376007046
>Less randomness
>Custom maps
You basically want to remake the game then, because the entire game is built around rng that permeates every single feature. Just play a different game.
>>
>>376006461
never said it was dogshit, calm down son. The fuck wrong with you?

The base system for FFT and OGRE are fantastic, they just get overshadowed by the god awful leveling system. What makes a TBS tactics game good is A: squad customization, B: Tactical positioning and movement, C:Resource/"Ability" management. These game have all this in overabundance... Then shits on it by trivializing the game after 6 battles worth of exp

>>376006591
>shadow run
>good
>expedition games
>hardwest

Holy shit i actually thought you were entitled to an opinion. These games are good from a story perspective but please PLEASE don't tell me you think the gameplay is good?

On a side note you should try super dungeon tactics if you can sit though 2 hour long battles of skeletons moving towards you, and im very much looking forward to divinity OS2
>>
>>376001514
just treat your troops as nothing more that disposable goods.
>>
>>376007129
>You basically want to remake the game then
No, I want some aspects of it to get changed
Aka mods
I want more info about recruits to some degree, for starters
Doesn't change much about the game but I'd prefer it that way
>>
>>376007385
But exp is incredibly valuable
What you should do is figure out your best recruits,and keep them safe, by putting them into the second row with a pike for example
You'll need them later in the game
>>
File: 1487279944378.jpg (131KB, 432x518px) Image search: [Google]
1487279944378.jpg
131KB, 432x518px
>>376007302
>expedition games
>bad
>>
>>376006931
>I doubt that's possible with the way the game is designed.

BOIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>Finish opening quest
>Camp because the game tells me to
>Direwolves murder my entire band

that went well
>>
File: IB.jpg (72KB, 882x882px) Image search: [Google]
IB.jpg
72KB, 882x882px
>>376001514
Did somebody said BATTOL BROTHAS?
>>
>>376007302
While I think Battle Brothers is a good game I want you to kill yourself for implying that Shadowrun or Expedition are bad games.
>>
Apparently you can get gud enough to consistently beat expert ironman
I can only handle veteran
>>
>>376007515
From a in battle gameplay perspective? Yeah they were barebones as fuck, they even have a grinding mechanic in the cannonballs/cattle prods/etc. Have trouble with mission? no problem, just grind up barricades and equipment for your dudes! how do you complain about games like final fantasy tactics then turn around and defend this shit?

>barebones positional tactics
you walk your dudes into the enemy dudes and swing at each other in an open field
>barebones customization
like 3 fucking classes that are 60% the same
>barebones resource management
2-3 spells on a timer

on top of that you have can grind for an easier game i dont even know what to tell you. May as well be playing battlebrothers but you didn't like that game for some reason?
>>
File: You have captain...gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
You have captain...gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>376007860
TODAI THA ENEMI SHALL KNOW DEATH AND DEFEAT
>>
>>376007872
How are they good? like from a in battle perspective. Im not talking about walking around a sweet city and talking to folks and solving murders. Just the battles.
>>
>>376007961
Battle is not the only gameplay aspect Expedition games have. They're not "pure" turn based squad tactics games, they're pretty much turn-based party RPGs, because these games have solid roleplaying due to your character build choices influencing the alternative quest and encounter solutions available to you. The games are also rich in general C&C and has multiple mutually exclusive gamepaths. These games are not just random grindfests.

Do you see me criticizing Diarrhaa Brothers for not having any roleplaying? No, because it's not a RPG, the game has a plethora of other genre related faults that make it dogshit. Expedition games have solid combat system for the genre they're in and they have solid roleplaying.
>>
File: Expert.png (118KB, 733x124px) Image search: [Google]
Expert.png
118KB, 733x124px
This game is merciless and cruel. Every battle is a hopeless skirmish against powerful enemies where you have to balance keeping your soldiers alive while somehow killing all of them (or at least enough so that those left start running). Crossing fingers for people to just be struck down instead of killed is paramount. I have 10k gold, but aside from using it for the required food, tools and medical supplies, I am afraid of spending it anywhere else. I only have 8 man on my squad and I have to load back every time one of them dies, because I've gone too far with them, they are all too experienced and far along the skill tree.

Help.
>>
>>376008058
>like from a in battle perspective
Stop moving goalposts. You've stated "gameplay" in general in your initial post >>376007302 , so you were given the proper response, because combat is not everything these games offer gameplay wise.
>>
>>376008058
>>376008413
Are you guys high as fuck? I already said these games are good from a story telling perspective im not changing goal posts my post is right there, i clearly say that. Then after i make sure to explain im talking about in battle tactics so you don't get confused since one of you has proven they cant read at all from this threads inception. If you are chalking up clicking yes or no and getting +/- 1 moral to equaling good game play you may be mentally ill, walking around talking to people until they let you go into the next part of the mission is not good gameplay but it can be good to set the mood for the story.
>>
>>376009089
Roleplaying is not storytelling. Roleplaying is a gameplay mechanic, because it involves making character build choices and making decisions that take these previous character build choices into account.

>battle tactics
There is nothing wrong with either of the expedition games when it comes to combat mechanics, because there are very few proper turn based party RPGs out there and those that exist don't have amazing combat either, including ToEE, because it's broken as all fuck.

>clicking yes or no and getting +/- 1 moral
No, I'm talking about passing various skill checks that provide you with alternative quest solutions. Both games have this, you are retarded if you consider this to be anything but gameplay, because it involves you making character build choices that define which quests you can complete and in which ways.
>>
>>376008313
>keeping more soldiers than you can field is the best way to acquire well-experienced men
>this way upkeep is too high and niggas eat too much
>always end up fielding beaten up, punctured-lung sorry-asses

And the worst is that missions keep progressing while you are stuck in a ditch. 50 days in you can't find a level 1 mission anywhere while the level 3 missions end up killing off half your men. Money earned goes towards recruiting and arming newbies so evil circle as fuck.
>>
>>376009625
I'm dreading the day crisis start falling on me. I can already barely keep up.
>>
Playing BB on Expert is a mistake
>>
>>376001514
just carefully pick your fights
dont try to go after a dunjon full of orcs in the early game
>>
>>376005002
>>376005535

you are dogshit
>>
>>376011570
It's OK, shill, at least your dog diarrhea of a game broke the 50k sales mark.
>>
File: sY8z5yT[1].jpg (539KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sY8z5yT[1].jpg
539KB, 1920x1080px
>>376001514
>THIS GAME IS TOO FUCKING HARD
No it's to fucking RNG.

In the ORIGINAL x-com that worked because stats and levels helped but were not critical.
Lose a main team member? You still got the same weapons, give the newbie a rocket launcher and you're good to go.

Fast forward 20 years.
>DUDE what if, we take like
>and RPG system like you know, where you spend like
>hours on end leveling up you're character to advance
>and like DUDE what if. ok WHAT IF
>we make the combat like X-COM.
>DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

And we get this shit.
Were you have to grind to unlock basic tactical abilities they should have starting out.
And they still miss those abilities every time with a 80% chance, and then die because of that bullshit ultra failed attack, and then you have to go grind all over....

Seriously it could have been fun if they made original xcom with vikings.
>>
File: AYnCfOJ[1].png (83KB, 970x646px) Image search: [Google]
AYnCfOJ[1].png
83KB, 970x646px
>>376005739
I know you probably won't play it because setting up emulators is a pain, but Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced.

Amazing world.
Great story (people just hate it because it was nothing like the original tactics game)
Unique combat.
Fun job system.
>>
>>376008313
Focus on dumping all your disposable money on better gear
Always field 12 guys
Shank stronk enemies with daggers for their armours
Use nets
Always wait and surround for max hitchance bonus
Stuff like that helps but expert is still rape mode
>>
>>376012582
And when I say gear I mean armour
Weapons tend to come naturally, except for stuff like warbows
>>
>>376012582
I need to find someone worth a shit to hire. I only find level 1 assholes with no gear and I don't want to waste money on those.
>>
>>376013873
Level 1 assholes can be great. I hire every brawler I can find, because they got just the right bonuses and can become veritable machines with the right talents. They're also dirt cheap. Farmhands are also decent. Hunters and Sellswords seem to be the best archers. Hedge Knights are the best endgame melee units, but they're super expensive. Retired soldiers are decent backliners, their fatigue and health penalty are pretty bad. Same for swordmasters due to their old debuff, except if they get converted by a cultist before it happens
Raiders are good all-arounders
>>
File: brawlers.jpg (617KB, 2408x788px) Image search: [Google]
brawlers.jpg
617KB, 2408x788px
>>376014238
>>376013873
Also pic related
>>
>>376014445
Wow. What difficulty?
>>
>>376014592
Veteran
I kept him in the second row most of the time
Should have leveld health and resolve more though
>>
File: bb.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
Been doing pretty well on veteran by savescumming.
>>
>>376014675
>that low mdef
>>
I just cheated a bunch of money in. It's fun at first and then you realize the fun is supposed to be in the challenge. Oops.
>>
File: 1394245988459.png (1MB, 871x848px) Image search: [Google]
1394245988459.png
1MB, 871x848px
>>376007860
BROTHER I AM HIT BROTHER I AM HIT BROTHER I AM HIT BROTHER I AM HIT BROTHER I AM HIT BROTHER I AM HIT
>>
File: sad-viking.png (427KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
sad-viking.png
427KB, 500x450px
>>376001514
Its good for a few runs, maybe two till endgame.
But after that everything feels way too generic to be worth a replay.

At first the open world element looks rich with emergent gameplay but in reality its just an ongoing set of missions and gear/merc churn.

The enemies get more difficult in all the wrong ways. Like those vampires who pretty much use teleport cheats or orc warriors who tank insane damage.

Still, given the tiny development team and the fact i got a hundred hours before burning out right during release, I cant complain.
>>
File: bb2.jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bb2.jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
>>376014854

I tend to flank with him or keep him one tile back from the others so that he can go walk in and attack at once. Plus he's heavily armoured as fuck.
>>
>>376008037
AS YOU KOW
MOST OF OUR BATTUL BROTHAS ARE STATIONED IN SPESS
>>
>>376005535
>agree with everything this guy says even though I don't want to

I really hope they open up modding capabilities for the game.
>>
File: 1490184878104.jpg (33KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1490184878104.jpg
33KB, 500x280px
PROTIP: Enemies scale with renown. Ambitions increase renown the most.

You can purposely hold off fulfilling ambitions until your squad is decently equipped. I usually choose the "get 12 dudes" ambition and just chill with 10-11 guys until I'm ready to step things up.

You can also purposely cancel/betray contracts to crash your renown. I like caravan contracts for this reason. If the journey goes well, I get gold. If it doesn't, I just flee and let my renown decrease.

PROTIP 2: Even a man with nothing can still offer you his life.

If a hireling has bad stats, just turn him into a kamikaze shieldbreaker. Load him up with the two-handed woodaxe you have in the beginning and have him wait behind your mainline. When you clash with enemies, bring him out to smash shield or maybe score a lucky hit. If he dies, no biggy. High risk high reward.

You can also use rotation to swap him in as a meat shield for a dying better bro. Or use him to charge enemy archers. He either dies tanking several arrows for the team, or reaches the archers to fuck their shit up. Basically their greatest asset is their disposability. You can hire cheap beggars and cripples specifically for this purpose.

PROTIP 3: Not all bros are created equal

Build your best hires with the end game in mind - be it an archer or two handed. The mediocre bros get a sword and shield and stand in the frontline to protect the good ones. Give the mediocre bros perks like fast adaptation and gifted to maximise their short lifespans.

PROTIP 4: Be a merchant

Buy trade goods in villages (Amber, Salt, Lumber, etc) and sell them in cities for profit. Keep a Nachenezer tooth in your inventory so you can quickly gauge the sell price for equipment and other crap. Since it is worth 100 gold, if it sells for 17 gold it means you are selling things for 17%.

PROTIP 5: Adapt to the enemy.

Against zombies you want cleavers. Against skellys you want flails. Against orcs you want hammers.

Bow mastery to snipe necromancers.
>>
>>376016172
Fuck, that explains so much. I had like four successful ambitions in a row and am on my way to complete the fifth one, I can just barely win some fights with 12 bandits.
>>
>>376006591
>Expeditions Viking
>>
>>376006591
Turn-based tactic games>>>>>(((tactical))) role playing game

fite me nerd
>>
>>376012339
VBA is hella easy to set up tho. Still, when I played FFTA I got far but ended up stuck in some sorta loop where no new quests pop up or I can't complete an existing quest or something weird like that.
>>
is this Mount&Blade: Turn Based Combat edition?
>>
>>376017243
M&B meets Xcom
>>
>>376017243
Pretty much
>>
>>376006591

>Legends of Eisenwald

I see I wasn't the only one that fell for that shit.
>>
>>376005535

>looks like physical manifestation of eye cancer
the art style in that game is good

is only game, why u have to be mad?
>>
>against 12 bandits 26 days in
>3 crossbows and 3 bows

EXPLAIN
>>
>>376017243
that just sounds terrible, an action rpg without the action

like you'll never be able to solo a bunch of strong enemies and win which is what made mount and blade great
>>
>>376001514
BUY/EQUIP HEADGEAR

At the start, focus on having a shield wall and spears (at least on the flanks), spearwall can be op if used properly

Treat your cheap brothers as fodder, the exception being the ones with 2-3 stars on useful stats

Learn to fucking run (if not savescumming), especially early on against orcs/ancient legionnaires/necrosavants

Buy and use Dogs, they will die a lot tho, so be ready to feel sad

Ranged/Throwing Weapons + Polearms/Long Axe with Quick Hands in the back row or the perk that lets you change places + 2 handers

As you get more money, expend it on better equipment and better brothers (sellswords/hedge knights/wildman/hunter), also, start using 2 handers more.

There is alot of RNG involved, so be ready to get mad as you miss a 93% hit with your best brother, then proceed to watch him die to a couple of dagger wilding thugs causing the rest of your troops to wave

The only thing that I really dislike is how RNG the terrain can be, either against or in your favor
>>
>>376021052
I just load until the terrain is in my favor. The game is fucking me hard enough in the ass that I don't feel any remorse in it.
>>
File: img_6087.jpg (65KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
img_6087.jpg
65KB, 540x568px
>>376018793
>MFW my lone crossbow man takes care of all 5 of them
>>
>>376021052
Dogs are useless. They pretty much only exist to not let people run away.
>>
>>376016935
It sucks. Conquistador is way better.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.