[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me how this is a bad Star Fox game WITHOUT bringing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: SI_GCN_StarFoxAssault.jpg (129KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SI_GCN_StarFoxAssault.jpg
129KB, 1000x500px
Explain to me how this is a bad Star Fox game WITHOUT bringing up Krystal.
>>
They can't, because it wasn't.

Even the on-foot sections were fun. The multiplayer was fuckin great. Especially Missile Launcher Bout
>>
>no branching paths
>all the non-on-rails levels are 30fps
>of which only two are heavily focused on Arwing combat, the rest is a clunky amalgamation of Battlefront and Ratchet and Clank
>Most of the objectives boil down to "go shoot the yellow targets"
>shitty filter over all the voices for no reason
>Aparoids are a lame villain, the Queen should've been more prevalent
>Falco's design sucks
>multiplayer stages were too big for just four people
Still not a bad game, but don't act like it's creme of the crop
>>
>>376001512
>no branching paths
Understandable.
>all the non-on-rails levels are 30fps
Only spoiled hi-tech people care.
>of which only two are heavily focused on Arwing combat, the rest is a clunky amalgamation of Battlefront and Ratchet and Clank
Played the game again recently. I don't see how it's clunky at all. It's not the best but it's not awful.
>Most of the objectives boil down to "go shoot the yellow targets"
Every Star Fox levels has "kill the boss" at the end. I don't see a difference.
>shitty filter over all the voices for no reason
I guess for the idea they're talking through mics or something. Also understandable.
>Aparoids are a lame villain, the Queen should've been more prevalent
How can you not like a good old fashioned hostile alien invasion?
>Falco's design sucks
Better than how he looked in Command.
>multiplayer stages were too big for just four people
How is this a problem? Fun to explore in bits while blowing up your friends.

It certainly isn't perfect, but it's the second best. That's gotta be accepted.
>>
>>376001121
Only good for the multiplayer.
>>
>>376001121
finished the game. Way more than what I can say for SFZ.
>>
>>376001874
>Only spoiled hi-tech people care
It's okay for the game to constantly go back and forth between frame-rates? If it was all 30fps or all 60fps I wouldn't care.

>I guess for the idea they're talking through mics or something
What about the cutscenes where they're outside the cockpits or communicators?

>How can you not like a good old fashioned hostile alien invasion?
I dunno, you make it sound like some kinda sin or something. Even Lavos from Chrono Trigger had more depth than the Aparoids.

>How is this a problem? Fun to explore in bits while blowing up your friends
Either make it big with lots of players or small with just a few.
>>
>>376001121
Because Falco didn't cum inside me.
>>
File: star fox 4824.jpg (68KB, 960x738px) Image search: [Google]
star fox 4824.jpg
68KB, 960x738px
On foot missions
Slow ass Arwing
>>
>>376002392
>okay for the game to go back and forth
Back and forth, no. But if it were all 30 it wouldn't have been such a bother.

>outside cockpits
That's where I think it should have been dropped, so I agree with that.

>antagonists
Preferences/opinions. All good.

>big with a lot or small with a few
I personally would have friends find places to hide and snipe others, and team matches were fun to ambush others at in unexpected places. Fighting on the Corneria bridges was always great.

>>376002587
Nothing wrong with foot missions, and the Arwing was slow on missions like Katina and the Space hideout where you could get into it and out at will.
>>
>>376001512
Was SF64 even 60 fps? And the original was probably like fucking 15 so I don't see your point.
>>
Fully Realised Star Fox Multiplayer with on foot battles to start and the ability to jump into Arwings and battle in the skies and space when?
>>
I played the first level and dropped the game after that. Floaty controls, putrid visuals, awful Arwing designs, flat voice acting (as opposed to the charming campiness of 64), uncanny character portraits, and that first level boss was worse than even the shittiest/easiest boss in either Star Fox SNES or 64.

Star Fox Zero gets a lot of hate here but I actually liked that one even if it wasn't amazing. It's a way more worthy Star Fox title than Assault.
>>
>>376001121
>Make a Shiba Inu character
>Call it a fox
What's wrong with Japanese?
>>
>>376003584
>uncanny character portraits
Did you emulate it? They used to not animate very well in Dolphin.
>>
>>376001121
10 MISSIONS.

>b-but 64!
>>
>>376003773
As a matter of fact, I did. Not in Dolphin but yeah, I didn't have this game back when I still owned a GC. I emulated it a few months ago using Wii-U homebrew.
>>
Too many fucking shitty ground missions.

Not enough FUCKING AWESOME arwing missions.

There. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>376003860
Nintendont, right? Not sure if it would be an issue in that or not. I'd have to go to my parents' house and whip out my Gamecube and test it on that, but I remember them looking better then unless it's just nostalgia.

When I emulated it in Dolphin their heads would kind of just sit there and their mouths would barely flap open. I remember reading that there was an actual issue with it in Dolphin so I assumed that's what it was.
>>
It's the best Star Fox game and the third-best multiplayer game on the GC, behind Melee and Kieby Air Ride.

If Nintendo was smart, they'd do copies of this and Metroid Prime Hunters.
>>
>>376001512
Falco's design was one of the few decent ones, what are you talking about?
>>
>>376001227
>Even the on-foot sections were fun
This fad has gone far enough. You fags have gotten so delusional in your post-Zero depression that you're getting nostalgia over the things that killed Star Fox in the first place.
>>
>>376003860
>>376004012
I think it might be nostalgia. All the videos I can find on Youtube look the same.
>>
Assault's my favorite SF game, to be honest. It's short, yeah, but what that's about the only thing I found regrettable about it.

>>376001121
Krystal's just there in Assault, I dunno why they'd bring her up.
>>
>>376001512
>the rest is a clunky amalgamation of Battlefront and Ratchet and Clank
Hold on there, man. You're making it sound way better than it is.
>>
Would Ratchet & Clank Star Fox game work?
>>
>>376003394
This was the best part of Assault. This is what needed to be fleshed out for the series. Not looking at two fucking screens at once.
>>
>>376001121

It's unironically the best star fox game other than adventures.
>>
>>376004637
What do you mean? R&C already has games with space fighter segments.
>>
>>376004809
Mah Nigga
>>
>only 10 levels
>no branching or alternate paths, resulting in little replay value
>only the very first level feels like it had much effort put into it
>only 3 rail shooting levels, and they aren't as well made as the ones in the original or 64, with frequent extended lulls in action and less mechanical depth
>the 7 other levels are all just repurposed multiplayer maps with uninspired enemies and objectives (destroy all the enemy spawners)
>repurposed multiplayer maps have shit graphics because they're designed to run well during 4-player split screen
>6 of the levels are mostly on foot with terrible controls, and these are the longest sections of the game in terms of playtime
>some of the weapons are useless, like the proximity mine which serves no purpose in single player since enemies are either stationary or just patrol a tiny radius until you're close enough to them
>absolutely horrendous turret sections
>few bosses and a couple of them are rehashes
>most of the music outside of multiplayer is just lazy arrangements of 64 music instead of something new
>the multiplayer maps are too big for just 4 players
>no option for AI players in multiplayer, so you NEED to have 3 friends willing to play a GCN game from 2005 with you to get anything out of it
>mediocre voice acting and story, even by already low Star Fox standards
Overall, it's apparent that the game was initially intended to be multiplayer-only. The single player is a total rush job, obviously thrown together at the last minute.
If you like the multiplayer, sure, fine, but if you think the single player is great, I will never understand you.
>>
>>376002392
>It's okay for the game to constantly go back and forth between frame-rates?
yes, go to bed digital foundry
>>
>>376005658
>mediocre voice acting and story, even by already low Star Fox standards
i wish someone would make an undub, these days i only play the japanese version just for the voices
>>
>>376006807
>"YOU HAVE TO TAKE WHAT YOU CAN GET, NO STANDARDS ALLOWED >:(("
>>
>>376007657
who are you quoting?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.