[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did he do anything right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Handsome_Jack.png (116KB, 185x491px) Image search: [Google]
Handsome_Jack.png
116KB, 185x491px
did he do anything right?
>>
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>375994632
apparently some cunt ruined his face
>>
>>375994595
Not really, the protagonists are so ridiculously SJW that his antagonization makes him reasonable on same aspects but he is still an obvious villain.
>>
>>375994675
If I take it off, will he die?
>>
>>375994886
Nah, but he'll look a bit fucked up.
>>
>>375994595
Built a sweet orbital death cannon.

That's pretty cool.
>>
>>375994829
>an obvious villain
if i recall apparently he did have good intentions when trying to save the moon but got backstabbed by the that girl with the red hair and the token black man
>>
He could have been good, but shit writer and all.
>>
>>375994595
he killed that one nigger from the first game
>>
>>375998517
Had it coming for being an atlasfag
>>
>>375995114
His intentions kinda go out the window after he's saved the moon though. He's already paranoid and angry at that point, so the vault corruption was just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>375995114
he had good intentions but he does slowly start to lose it and begins killing people
>>
Borderlands 2 could have been good if they actually made Jack a legitimate good guy. The entire point of the original Borderlands was that ever one was a cunt on in it for themselves. It would have also made the theme song to BL2 make more sense too.
>>
>>375994595
Jack was right in the entirely wrongest way ever.

>planet is a colony of rapists and murderers: correct
>jack wants to civilize it: correct
>jack wants to kill all the psychotic lunatics running around: correct
>"And I should be king of the planet and I should have an alien superweapon and I'll use my daughter as a battery and I'll kill everyone I want!": Wrong
>>
>>375998616
When was Roland Atlas, didn't he desert from the crimsons?
Also what happened to Atlas anyway, I kinda missed the shiny silvery skin of their weapons
>>
>>376001826
Deserting from the Crimsons meant he was at one point a part of them, and thus an atlasfag. At least by that anon's logic, I'd figure deserting would make him no longer an atlasfag.
Atlas died because of the events in the General Knoxx DLC from the first game.
>>
>>375998517
Maybe if Roland wasn't Lilith's bitch he wouldn't have to die.
>>
File: 1450111768595.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450111768595.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>375994595
Yea actually. Pandora is a fucking shithole full of actual cannibals and vicious killers without remorse. In fact your main characters are really skilled criminals, not heroes. Jack's city was the only safe place on Pandora, the people who are rebelling against him are savages, he's a corporate business man cleaning up Detroit basically. At no point are our protagonists portrayed as good people.
>>
>>376002686
Yeah I can see now how blowing up their armory and killing their commander leaves them in a turmoil.
Nonetheless there was no sweeter feeling than using the glitch to get to the armory without the bombs armed. Walking out with the whole inventory full of violet and orange
>>
>>375994958
He's a big guy. He will be alright.
>>
He was right, just used violent means. Also became fucked up in the head after the vault, but still. I truly felt like an evil guy during BL2, you literally just destroy everything.
>>
>>375994595

He was well written.
>>
>>375994595
On one hand, he was an asshole boss who didn't mind slaughtering people on Pandora for sport and he had some pretty psychotic tendencies.

On the other hand he had noble goals and was an incredibly tough fighter, and the people he took pleasure in slaughtering were only those that fought against him or wronged Hyperion.

So, he was an asshole with good intentions and some psycho tendencies.

In comparison to his enemies and the players siding with them, he was most certainly the hero. It also pissed Burch off that Jack became so popular, since he intended Jack to be a completely hatable character, and was funnily enough one of the characters Burch himself wrote the least for.
>>
File: C-COn6fWAAEGtEK.jpg (91KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
C-COn6fWAAEGtEK.jpg
91KB, 800x571px
>>376005325
> It also pissed Burch off that Jack became so popular, since he intended Jack to be a completely hatable character
What an irony. You know something wrong when villain is more sympathetic than any of your shitty "heroes".
>>
>>375994595
Killing Roland and torturing Lilith.
>>
i actually don't understand what transform him into the villain of b2, as far as i know he was betrayed and he got mad?
>>
>>376006245
The betrayal made him realize the bandits are Pandora are violent retarded assholes. His methods became significantly more extreme after that.
>>
>>376003290
There's no reason blowing up the armoury would bankrupt Atlas other than Gearbox not bothering to put them in the sequel.

You killed General Knoxx, who was in control of one small section of the Crimson Lance, he answered to Admiral Mikey so it's not like they lost their top level of command. Plus we know from Bl1 that Atlas owned entire planets and was the biggest and most powerful corporation because they found alien tech before anyone else.

Believing that losing a weapons stockpile and a bunch of troops (and we know they don't give a shit about human life) would send the intergalactic mega Corp bankrupt is silly.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.