[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw another sonic this good will never be made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Sonic_unleashed_.jpg (32KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_unleashed_.jpg
32KB, 240x300px
>tfw another sonic this good will never be made
>>
>>375992691
It was pretty alright, but "good" is stretching it.
Still not as gutter trash as everyone ever dismisses as because "LE MODERN SAWNIK" meme.
>>
>>375992779
What meme? Modern Sonic is way better than Adventure Sonic.
>>
File: 1490328208622.gif (1MB, 304x328px) Image search: [Google]
1490328208622.gif
1MB, 304x328px
>>375993180
>>
>>375993180
Yeah, enjoy your boost to win and 2D platforming.
>>
>>375993410
Try playing the games
>>
>>375993445
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_sn-tzO5YU
>>
>>375992691
The daytime stages were GOAT. I wish I didn't have a shitty laptop so I could play that Generations mod with Unleashed's levels.
>>
>>375993410
Vs What?

Fighting with the camera the entire level?

Trying to do precision platforming with a character that acellerates rapidly?

Crashing into every single wall at top speeds because the controls are so precise?
>>
>>375993724
I can hold forward on emerald coast and city escape and teleport to the end to. Are you saying the first level is supposed to be hard or something?
>>
>>375994230
Please record yourself doing so.

Besides, this can be done in any stage. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7tB_seMSFc0

Modern sonic has objectively bad level design and you guys need to realize it
>>
>>375994405
This is your argument? This video of a jap speedrunner with a bunch of knowledge on the game, using more inputs than anyone does? For real...?
>>
>>375994405
>posting a speedrun as a rebuttal

Why are Adventurefags so assblasted about the fact that the boost games are infinitely superior as a whole?

Face it, you'll never be catered to again in any capacity because even Sega realizes how insufferable you are.
>>
>>375994627
>>375994839
I'm backing my claim up with actual evidence of multiple people beating the stages by simply mashing boost. If you guys want to sit there throwing heat at me with no substance to back up your claims of modern gameplay being better, then be my guests, but you're wasting your time
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ThNoTMDAn8Q
>>
13 replies and this is already one of the worst Sonic threads i've seen, you fucks are amazing
I'll just go back to Etrian Odyssey for now, that Lost Shinjuku ain't gonna explore itself
>>
>>375995017
Lets see a garbage ass noob like you play like that then, rather than someone who knows the engine quirks enough to exploit them

Adventurecucks are worthless and theres a reason sega doesn't care about you faggots. They realize that was the worst period of sonic
>>
File: Le Bait.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Le Bait.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>375992691
>sonic unleashed
>werehog stages
>good

bait/10 thread op
>>
>>375995220
>w-why d-don't you do it? I-I bet you can't do that. Ha! You suck!
This is you. This is literally you. I'm not saying Adventure is the best Sonic's ever been by any extent, but I am saying that it's better than the modern stuff. You guys disagreed and I showed my case on why I believe it to be so.
You guys on the other hand have just spewed buzzwords and blatantly yelled "Adventure sucks" over and over.
Not a single one of your posts has pushed your beliefs on why the modern gameplay is better. This >>375994028 is the only genuine rebuttal I've gotten, and I didn't respond because I completely agree. Adventure certainly has its flaws and the points made in this post can easily be backed up with common footage. This guy explained why he preferred the modern gameplay over Adventure gameplay and did it properly. This is a heathy argument. Telling me to fuck off and simply claiming Adventure sucks with no reasoning is not a heathy argument.
>>
>>375995789
Your arguments are people who know the game inside and out playing it at an expert level

Meanwhile, the average chucklefuck says its to fast to control and cant get higher than a C rank on the first level. Why do you think generations is easy as shit and hands out high ranks? Because sonic unleashed had a bunch of nuance in its controls, weight, and animation frames, as well as having more punishing level design in general. Sure, you can hold forward and go to the end...just like you can hold right in sonic 3 and get to the end. Just because you can do something in the most basic way doesn't mean its the optimal way to be played
>>
File: 1464189289853.jpg (50KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
1464189289853.jpg
50KB, 550x413px
>>375994839
Can you stop being an entitled little bitch?
All the 3D Sonic games are flawed pieces of shit. All of them. Boost is just Rush with the 3rd perspective, Adventure is Classic gameplay done poorly and any other 3D Sonic game that isn't those two are cancerous trash not worth mentioning.

If I had my way, 3D Sonic would be Adventure Sonic ONLY with Mania tier effort and Sonic 3 and Knuckles playability, for characters and stages. All the boost games are linear as trash and are far too limited to be considered great and as it is, not worth keeping unless you want mediocre trash. Adventure as it was is bogged with cancer with all those pointless garbage gameplays that are NOT what a Sonic game should have and if you just stuck with Sonic's gameplay, it's the only thing worth salvaging.

Basically boost is fine but nothing special, physics is what a Sonic game should ALWAYS be so Adventure is the better route as long as it's ACTUALLY polished and not 06 trash. Take out all that non Sonic shit from adventure, make characters as simple as S3&K and make Sonic at most Colors speed when goes at his fastest.
>>
>>375995957
Thank you for this post. I respect your opinion and i will take your points to heart.
>>
>>375996204
/v/ is fucking weird
>>
>>375996204
Thats all it took? Well...OK then i guess.
>>
>>375996056
>Can you stop being an entitled little bitch?

I don't know, can you stop posting the same reaction images? It's obvious as fuck you're that same Adventure pleb shitting up every single thread to try and force the notion that there was anything remotely salvageable about those games.

Not even Sonic's stages were good in Adventure, consisting largely of overly loose physics, glitches and fucking awful camera angles with momentum-stopping platforming segments that never integrated well with the gameplay. Nobody cares about your shitty taste in the franchise and that's exactly why we're getting another title following the footsteps of 1/2 Unleashed, Colors, and Generations; people actually still enjoy them and don't get the impression they aged poorly.
>>
I WANT A FULLY 3D GAME. EVERY SONIC GAME NOW HAS 2D, I HATE 2D. I'VE ALWAYS HATED 2D. I WANT 3D. 3D. THREE DEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>375996656
Honestly, its pretty unlikely at this point that they'll ever make a full 3D sonic game now
>>
>>375996484
Why did people like colors? It was so bad. Sluggish, way too much 2D horseshit, annoying wisps, lame bosses, and extremely cringeworthy story and dialogue. Felt like the worst one in recent years
>>
>>375996768
I think a lot of the levels beyond act 3 sucked, the story was terrible, and a lot of fun stuff from unleashed was cut out, but it was still fun and the location design and music were top notch. Really felt the wii being pushed to its limits
>>
>>375995017
>I'm backing my claim up with actual evidence of multiple people beating the stages by simply mashing boost.

That was a speedrunner who was employing extremely precise inputs and timing during his playthrough of the stage, just like literally every Sonic speedrunner since the fucking early 90's.

Why don't YOU try to replicate that Rooftop Run speedrun, faggot?
>>
>good
I'm sick of this fucking meme.

Unleashed has all of the same fucking problems as every other modern Sonic game before it. The only difference is that it had a higher budget and good art direction.

The game still forces you through play-styles you don't want to do. The game is still padded out with stupid bullshit like medals, which are for some fucking reason mandatory in a Sonic game. As a result, the game is still fucking sloppy and, while good at times, still pretty fucking underwhelming.

Colors was basically the first "good" modern Sonic game since it trimmed most of the fat and left you with not a lot of bullshit. Yeah, there was some gimmicky stages, but it was still Sonic. Even then, Colors has its own fucking problems as does Generations. Lost World was just poorly executed throughout, but at least it tried to bring back actual platforming.
>>
>>375996935
Is there a cheap way i can record footage from my 360? I want to make my own videos to share, and i also want to see detractors of the style and their footage as well. There is an achievement for beating apotos act 2 within like 2:30 and only 10-15% of players have it. That is extremely easy
>>
>>375992691
hate boostshit so much now we are getting shitty boost and awful 2d gameplay they cant get right after 4 years, we are never getting a good 3d sonic and it sucks
>>
>>375997407
Buy a capture card
>>
Post good tracks from the game
>>
>>375997679
http://soahcity.com/2012/07/07/sonic-unleashed-sonic-world-adventure-2008-music/

They're all good, just have the entire soundtrack famm
>>
>>375992691
Saying Sonic was good in the first place
>>
To be fair, daytime unleashes is one of the best sonic games.
>>
>>375997679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODLkaF8F-Y

Actually heres one for all the casuals in here. I'm sure they hard this more than enough times
>>
>>375997790
>mp3
I found the Planetary Pieces album in flac.
>>
>>375992691
The night stages were the fucking worst.
>>
>>375998419
Hit me up my man

I'm still rocking mp3s
>>
>>375993724
That still looks like way more fun that adventure sonic
>>
>>375993724
Hm, he seems to know when to boost, the shortcuts, and what enemies can be ignored

Definitely an unseasoned sonic generations player, yep
>>
>>375999057
I'll see if I can find it again. This thread will probably be dead by the time I upload them.
>>
>>376000386
I'm actually playing the game now right here side by side to my pc

I'll be here until the thread goes kaput
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.