[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Bethesda hate Fallout 1 and 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1458131570024.png (545KB, 571x682px) Image search: [Google]
1458131570024.png
545KB, 571x682px
Why do Bethesda hate Fallout 1 and 2?
>>
>>375990564
They were better games
>>
>>375990564
Same with TES 1 and 2 (3 as well?). I bet they are sad that Fallout 4 didn't become the Skyrim of the Fallout series :)
>>
>>375990629
they really aren't
>>
>>375990564
CRPGs aren't nearly as marketable
>>
They don't hate them. They are a thing of the past and it doesn't fit with their design ideology so they just set them aside and do their own thing.

They are actually pretty respectful of the old games, you may whine about them changing the origin of Jet but they could have easily changed the NCR, or the entirety of the East Coast but instead they keep their games to the West Coast where they can do their own thing with minimal impact on old lore.
>>
File: duur.png (266KB, 450x577px) Image search: [Google]
duur.png
266KB, 450x577px
>>375991321
>they could have easily changed the NCR
Right, instead they only changed the BoS, the Enclave, Mutants, Ghouls, and Harold.
>>
>>375990564
Here’s thing thing about fallout
fo3 was good for its time, but combat sucked
new vegas was a "new game" but it looked exactly the same and there were no innovative new features, fighting things were a chore. plus there were like no open world respawns, making its replayability the worst.

When you first start out in NV there’s no story at all. I’ve never played an RPG like that. There’s nothign to draw you in, and the game is so retarded if you so much as walk in the wrong direction you get raped by a deathclaw, because ObsSHITian is too lazy to design a decently flowing world map so they lock down sections with high-level mobs.

fallout 4 is by far the most enjoyable. they added innovative new features like, hit markers, settlements, respawning enemies (when u compare it to NV its a new feature) and made VATs a lot less cheap. It still is a noob feature, but instead of stopping time it slows time, not by enough in my opinino though .

Power armor is finally as it should be. Its not a gay looking martian suit that looks so flimsy a 9mm bullet could penetrate it. Now i can believe its actual powerful death suit, not the worst cosplay at faggotcon. Plus, in fo4 you can attach jetpack. A fucking jetpack. Enough said, fo4 is the FIRST 3D fallout to have a jetpack. this is why fallout 4 is the BEST

It’s 2017. fo4 is just a superior, well polished game. I can’t wait for skyrim remastered. Another great game.
>>
>>375990658
t. todd
>>
>>375990564
They only hate and ignore new vegas
>>
I hate Fallout 1 and 2 too. I don't care how "well written" something is if the immersion is completely broken when you miss a rat with your fists 30 times at point blank range and can do nothing but pray as it whittles your health down.

Sure, the role playing might be better, but that's MUCH easier to do in a game with little voice acting outside of a few key characters. It's a cool setting that was wasted on what's essentially a visual novel, they're hard to really plug yourself into like the 3d ones imo.
>>
>>375991769
Legit question, how hard is it to punch a rat?
Wouldn't they just run around? Kicking sure, but how the fuck would you punch a rat?
>>
File: 1458183314788.jpg (112KB, 1024x799px) Image search: [Google]
1458183314788.jpg
112KB, 1024x799px
>>375991458
Go to bed Todd
>>
>>375991458
Is this copypasta or elaborate bait?

We're talking about why Bethesda hates Fallout 1 and 2 and this dude immediately starts shit posting about 3 and New Vegas.
>>
>>375992119

>Kojimbo and his rent boy
>>
>>375990564
Because they were actual Video Games.

Fallout 3,NV, and 4 are just: "lol, here's half a game with no QA team onboard to iron out bugs. The mod community will turn it into GMod 2.0 though!".
>>
>>375992126
It looks like a forum post from somewhere else.
>>
>>375992257
>fallout 3-4 aren't video games
>you can play them are computer
>they aren't video games
>american education
>>
>>375992334
>Obligatory random excuse to shit on America
>>
>>375992380
t. burger
>>
>>375991454
If you'd paid attention to the games you'd know that the current BoS is an offshoot of an offshoot both the past and current leaders of the Brotherhood are misguided and misinterpreted what the Brotherhood was supposed to stand for when it was created.

I don't see what they really changed from the Enclave other than artificially extending their life for a final appearance In their game.

The FEV strain in the west coast is not the same as the east coast, hence the difference in mutants

What exactly did they change of the ghouls other than how they look? They might not look like walking corpses anymore but it doesn't intrinsically change what they are, it's a simple design choice

Harold is the only one I can give you and that's just one character, it doesn't change the lore of the old games in a significant way.

What I'm trying to say is that Bethesda has literally placed the East Coast in stasis, they could set a game there and it would still be the same as it was in Fallout 1 & 2 if they decided to leave it untouched without contradicting their own lore because both lores exist mostly separate from each other.
>>
>>375992380
t. seething
>>
>>375992404
>>375992447
There's other countries out there, you know, we aren't the only one.
>>
>>375992525
wanna know how can tell you aren't american?
>>
>>375991454
W-what did they do with Harold? I only played old ones
>>
>>375992978
They burnt him to the ground.

Literally.
>>
File: Harold.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Harold.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>375992978
He wanders to DC and turns into a tree, then people worship him. You get a quest where you either put him out of his misery, or keep him alive.
>>
>>375993140
That doesn't exactly seem bad, it's one of the few cool callbacks they did.
>>
>>375993219
You know how nostalgiafags are, they will complain about anything all they want is the same game with a different cover. If the story of any of the characters move forward off screen they butchered the character according to nostalgiafags.
>>
>>375990564
Todd loved Fallout and Fallout 2, though. He was mentioning them in interviews several years before Bethesda even bought the franchise.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.