[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tank class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1393341774358.jpg (479KB, 727x1000px)
1393341774358.jpg
479KB, 727x1000px
What co-op/mmo game has the best tank/guardian mechanics right now?
>>
File: Warrior_crest.png (118KB, 250x326px)
Warrior_crest.png
118KB, 250x326px
>>375989037
>>
>>375989221
>Even the crest has absurd shoulder pads
>>
>>375989306
Prot warriors stronk
Need stronk shoulders
To carry that weight
>>
The Ironbreakers in Warhammer Online are fucking awesome. See if you can get Return of Reckoning working
>>
>>375989037
tera when it was good, lancer was fun to me
>>
FFXIV has some good tank classes

>Paladin is the simplest, has the most cooldowns and is just a straight up physical wall. Most stylish of the tanks.
>Dark Knight is all about resource management, trying to deal as much DPS as possible while having enough mana to keep your DPS aura up and also mitigating damage
>Warrior is all about stance dancing and dealing a fuckton of DPS, using cooldowns to survive tankbusters. Also trying to fit in as much damage as possible in a 20-second period.
>>
ESO

In ESO tank's aren't expected to hold aggro on every single thing in the room, only the heavy hitters. And the reliance on actually having to block makes it a lot more engaging.
>>
>>375990460

Active blocking is always better than just a passive percent. Anything else like this?
>>
File: 1266809901844.jpg (4KB, 126x112px)
1266809901844.jpg
4KB, 126x112px
>Try to tank in an MMO
>Not even endgame content.
>Just leveling up naturally.
>Do dungeon, inform everyone im new
>They dont warn me about some bullshit around the corner
>Lose their shit when the encounter goes ugly
>Just go back to playing healer

MMOs were a mistake
>>
>>375990748
There's always Neverwinter
>>
>>375990748
Dragon Age Inquisition is pretty fun as a tank. You have active blocking and when you land a block you generate a resource called 'guard' which is basically just extra life over your normal life bar. The catch being that the longer you hold your shield up, the more stamina it drains from you So the formula is like

>Aoe taunt to generate some guard
>Position so enemies are infront of you
>Block an attack to gain some guard
>Attack attack
>Use 'charge' skill to mow straight through enemies and generate guard
>Attack attack
>More skills etc.

Also there are no direct heals in the game save for drinking a potion and you get a finite number of them between stops
>>
File: 1425873157556.gif (356KB, 174x172px)
1425873157556.gif
356KB, 174x172px
>>375990803
>Modern MMOs
>Losing your shit after dying
>When all that does is set you back five minutes and a negligible amount of in game currency

Sounds like you encountered poor sport shitters.

Now when a death sets you back literally a week of religious leveling then yeah, you can be upset. That shit just doesn't happen these days. MMOs aren't as brutal as they use to be.
>>
>>375990979
Is the online active?
>>
>>375990748
TERA used to be the best for it. Don't know how it is these days as it's been a minute since I last played, but the two tank classes in the game both had active blocking, but did it differently. The Lancer was more traditional with a strong active block and massive passive mitigation that could keep them alive through a couple missed blocks. Warriors were much more active and took much more damage, but they made up for it with several dodges, some with i-frames and some that just covered a lot of distance quickly.

Don't know the state of the game these days, but if I remember correctly, Berserkers gained a tank stance and they introduced another new tank class called Brawler. However I also seem to recall that the game is largely a waifu dress up game these days so keep that in mind.
>>
>>375990415
>spam a threat move
Come the fuck on, no one unironically believes ffxiv has fun or engaging combat
>>
>>375989037
I only MT every game I play. DPS bores me, Healz triggers my social anxiety. Tanking is my comfort zone.

DESU, TORtanic did Tabk mechanics the best. Suck the game was shit, but lessons could be learned.
>>
>>375993529
My problem with SWTOR is that combat itself doesn't feel super engaging. Take WoW, TERA, or ArcheAge for example. When moving and fighting in the game it feels like your character is affected by gravity and has some weight to them that makes it feel intuitive and nice. SWTOR, GW2, and TESO for example all feel weird. It feels like your character is a paper doll being floated around just above the seemingly hollow ground beneath them. Everything feels ice skatey and floaty and it just takes me out of the game immediately.
>>
>>375994397
I know its a tank thread but if the movement feels stiff try carnage marauder or concealment op but back to tanking, i hear you there i played pally in ffxiv and i felt as if i was tied down maybe it was the animation locks but it was still fun regardless
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.