[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SHOW ME THE POWER, CHILD, I LIKE TO SAY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1493140847055.jpg (225KB, 1646x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493140847055.jpg
225KB, 1646x420px
SHOW ME THE POWER, CHILD, I LIKE TO SAY
>>
WHEN IM DOWN IN MY SALES ON THREE
>>
>>375985958
I'm currently playing the 1st season, what makes A New Frontier so bad?
>>
>>375986261
Well.
>bad story
>almost no free roam or optional dialog
>annoying characters
>even more meaningless choices
Just don't play it.
Pirate the games instead if you want to know what it's about.
>>
>>375986261
lee dies at the end of season 1
>>
>>375986497
So it's just like the walking dead season two on TV?
>>
>>375985958
s1 isnt even that good
s2 and s3 just do everything worse.
>>
>>375986519
He already got bitten and a friend spoiled it for me already, Clem has to shoot him. Thanks for trying to be an asshole, though.
>>
>>375987137
You can have Clem not shoot him
>>
>>375986497
>more meaningless choices
Fuck Telltale in general for that. Your choices mean nothing in all of their games. I knew that after Lilly shot Carley in the face and I went online looking for a choice combination that would stop that from happening. That company's a fucking sham.
>>
File: 1375251237984.png (308KB, 667x817px) Image search: [Google]
1375251237984.png
308KB, 667x817px
>>375987260
>I went online looking for a choice combination that would stop that from happening.
I found it in my mind.
>>
>>375987493
Even putting aside my very real love for Carley, she was one of the only good characters in the entire season. Lee, Clem, Kenny, and Carley. It should've just been them 4, but Telltale wants to throw in some useless nobodies to fill in for characters being killed off left and right. I ended up letting Ben die because I knew that he was just filler for Carley.
>>
>>375987260
telltale manages to coast off of brand licenses, so they don't have to pony up the expenses for dealing with the complexity of multiple routes
>>
>>375986854
S1 is very good.
The writers that were good at taletell left because the place is run like shit. This happens and taletale gets on a bunch of work after the success of TWAU and TWD S1. Everything after is rushed and horribly written. Telltell is actually a hellhole to work at.
>>
>>375987260
That's not the point. The point is to organically weave your choices into the narrative. They never advertise choices to be that way, other games at the time did, and people pretended that's what they were tackling. The choices allow you to build your own idea of what the protagonist is like, allowing you to identify with the character. There are some minor choices to make you feel like you are having a personal experience, but it's the illusion of choice to engage the audience. It's a bi monthly series or so on, of course every episode is going to start and end the same. There are criticism to make within the mechanic, such as implementation within story. Like if the game makes it a point that I'm rescuing one or the other, it leads the player to expect that that character should have a larger role in the game. I remember 1 doing this, but season 2 fell flat. the structure of the game set itself to focus on having important and unique middle sections of the chapter for the player, but endings generally end the same. Season one pulled this off fairly well, but diffidently had room to grow. Season 2 was a piece of shit. Characters in season 2 are so bland and assholish the whole way threw, the only one that's left to be interesting is Clementine. And it can feel grating as a character to have to constantly listen to dicks and retards, and have pretty much no impact in story variation through choices. Choices that have lasting effect aren't satisfying in season two because they are character centric (which they should be anyway because it's focused on being a drama), but none of it is impactful to the player because everyone is just that much of a fucking asshole.
>>
>>375989216
The game shouldn't give me enough choice to save a character or let one die then just randomly kill off the character I save later with me having no choice in the matter. The game also shouldn't have """choices""" where there's the same outcome either way. I don't want to play an interactive TV show where the outcomes are all the same. A game centered around dialogue and choices should at least give better sense of choice than a random RPG like Fallout.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.