[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Mario lore explain Boos all being called Teresa in Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: mario-teresasl2.jpg (59KB, 501x500px) Image search: [Google]
mario-teresasl2.jpg
59KB, 501x500px
How does Mario lore explain Boos all being called Teresa in Japan?
>>
>>375983913
This can't be true
>>
>>375984352

Oh it's true, it's damn true.
>>
Teresa was the name of a goddess who once was the primary figure of worship in the Mario world. However, when Toadstool I conquered the land, he mandated that he be worshiped and all literature, images, sculptures, etc. of Teresa be burned. Over many generations of rule under the Toadstool dynasty, Teresa was eventually forgotten. Teresa, losing her power and realizing she was no longer relevant and never would be again, decided to end her existence, but left remnants of her spirit in the world as a way of punishing the race that betrayed her.

Miyamoto hated this lore and did everything in his power to make it disappear, even going so far as to hire the Yakuza to keep people quiet. It was, however, too late. The name "Teresa" stuck and everybody knew it. The best he could do was change the name for localization so the info wouldn't leave Japan. Obviously it did, though.
>>
>>375984912
Kurt pls go
>>
>>375984943
haha shut the fuck up
>>
>>375984943
I like how this sounds fake. Reality is weird sometimes.
>>
>>375985250
No, seriously. My dad told me, he worked at Nintendo. Before the Yakuza got to him.
>>
>>375983913
>Teresa, from the Japanese verb tereru, "to be shy"

https://www.mariowiki.com/Boo
>>
>>375983913
DEEPEST
>>
File: 300px-Boo_Shy_Artwork.png (47KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Boo_Shy_Artwork.png
47KB, 300x271px
>Teresa, from the Japanese verb tereru, "to be shy";
romanized as "Telesa" in Super Mario World.
>>
>>375985586
cute.
>>
>We get all this stupid shit in the west
>But not this actually cool Boo light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovBX9_jgyM
>>
>>375985586
>>375985647

But who is she?
>>
>>375986753
Looks like a cheap toy for children/mass market anon. If you actually find a cheap light 'cool' then I'm simply not human.
>>
>>375986753
want
>>
File: TelesaLM.png (5KB, 184x331px) Image search: [Google]
TelesaLM.png
5KB, 184x331px
>>375985647
And Luigis Mansion as well
>>
Marty killed Teresa.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.