[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the Fallout series be saved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Vbtitle.png (786KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Vbtitle.png
786KB, 1280x1024px
Can the Fallout series be saved?
>>
>owned by Bethesda

No.
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 89x80px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 89x80px
Saved?
>>
>>375983024
Yeah. Fallout 4 was meh but it did bring a few neat concepts to the table.
>>
>>375983024
Have you not heard?
Bethesda obtained the Fallout IP in 04.
It has already been saved from irrelevance.
>>
>>375983024
Nope, its fucked.
>>
The only chance would be if Obsidian made another game like NV after 4 shit the bed. That isn't going to happen.
>>
>>375983024
Nope, the games will never have that good mix of seriousness and zaniness that the old games had before they became too serious.
>>
Why don't we just make our own fallout?
>>
>>375983024
Yeah, you just need to press F5.
>>
>>375983978
Same problem Obsidian has.
Too many idea guys and not enough talent to implement them.
>>
>>375983024
>Fallout 3 by MDickie
>>
>>375983024
Sales

Fallout 4 sold 1.2 million copies on Steam in its first 24 hours of release.[73] The game also sold more digital than physical copies on day one of launch.[74] With almost 470,000 concurrent Steam players on launch day, Fallout 4 broke Grand Theft Auto V's record for having the most concurrent online players in a Steam game not developed by Valve Corporation.[75] Bethesda shipped 12 million units to retailers within the first 24 hours.[76]

Accolades

Fallout 4 received numerous awards and nominations from gaming publications such as GameSpot, GamesRadar, EGM, Game Revolution, IGN, and many more.[77] The game received a game of the year award from the 19th ceremony of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences[78]—also known as D.I.C.E.—among numerous nominations for the award from The Game Awards, Telegraph, PC Gamer, IGN and more.[79] It was also placed on various lists of the best games of 2015 in which GameSpot put it at sixth,[77] GamesRadar at fourth,[80] among others top lists. The game also received awards and nominations for Role-playing game of the year with it winning the award from Game Critics and D.I.C.E. with nominations from various other gaming publications.[79]

Fallout ain't goin anywhere, the series is already saved.
>>
>>375983647
>too serious
3 and 4 are way zanier than 1 and 2. The "serious" plots in the newer Bethesda titles are complete drivel, and completely shallow because they only exist to provide some half-baked reason for the player to stumble onto wacky wasteland shenanigans that don't make any sense. Compare the conversations with Lou Tenant or Myron with anyone from 3 or 4.
>>
You may not like it but Bethesda did save Fallout, otherwise it would have forever been remember as an irrelevant game in the grander scheme of roleplaying games.

Now you can just turn your head and not acknowledge any of the new entries if you so wish and just keep playing the old games.
>>
>>375983024
It is forever linked to reddit kiddies who giggle at all the memes. It can no longer be redeemed. RIP Fallout.
>>
>>375985076
This
Fallout is just a bit more open borderlands now. Memes and all.
>>
File: 1465947108450.jpg (61KB, 501x453px) Image search: [Google]
1465947108450.jpg
61KB, 501x453px
>>375983024
Saved from being too good? I'm afraid not.
>>
If Fallout 4 wasn't so difficult to mod I'd like it a lot more, but I'm that guy that still plays Skyrim and New Vegas with 100+ mods each present day. The modding community puts out gems of content better than a lot of DLC these days, not doing everything you can to encourage this as a developer is suicidal. For PC anyways. Enter the console market, which Bethesda seems increasingly keen on catering to. Because they know console owners have no choice but to accept paid mods when they push them even harder in the next Fallout and Skyrim releases. It's looking like a grim future for both franchises. I could see them ending up more of a joke than COD.
>>
>>375986043

Elder scrolls releases.
>>
File: 1493469785889.png (270KB, 1017x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1493469785889.png
270KB, 1017x1162px
nope
>>
>>375983346
Now it needs to be saved from mediocrity.
>>
>>375983024
Yes
Fallout VR is coming this year.
>>
>>375984075
/thread
>>
It'll be alright. History has shown that new Fallouts with less content pave the way to another Fallout with a shitton of new content, as Fallout 1 begat Fallout 2 and Fallout 3 begat Fallout: New Vegas.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.