[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Impulse buys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

12 year old me bought this because it looked cool - had no idea what I was in for.
What Have you bought without prior knowledge?
Did you like it?
>>
I did the same thing with the same game
Never finished it, my English was bad and the customization overwhelmed me.
>>
Yeah I was overwhelmed and pushed through until the midpoint, but it was just too difficult. Still haven't beaten the damn thing.
>>
Bought Mercenaries: Playground of destruction for ps2 because the box art looked cool and It was rated teen and I was like 14, so they wouldn't sell me GTA, and my mother's Christian Sensibilities prevented her from buying it for me.

Easily the best blind videogame purchase i've ever made.
>>
>>375976886

Bought Xenogears based off the case alone. I enjoyed it at the time, but can't really go back to it these days due to the pretty slow pace.
>>
>>375977559
Man I wish that series was still around today.
>>
I had to choose between crash bash and final fantasy 7.
I choose crash bash because the FF7 box said it didn't have voice acting.
a month or so later I made the same choice for legend of dragoon and still haven't played FF7
>>
Pretty much every game I buy is on impulse.
>>
http://www.pcgamer.com/hey-square-enix-its-time-to-put-final-fantasy-tactics-on-pc-already/

Should port it to Steam along with FFT and Xenogears
>>
File: C78SNrNVYAAkMqv.jpg (89KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
C78SNrNVYAAkMqv.jpg
89KB, 500x627px
>>375976886
That game almost got cancelled. It was originally meant to be ff8 when it started development, but when 7 did so well they trashed it and started from scratch with a "romantic" story based ff8. This later got recycled. They changed the mechanics and called it Vagrant story. It was a great game
>>
File: fc3.png (1MB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
fc3.png
1MB, 1191x670px
>>375976886
Bought this with no previous knowledge except that I bought it for my brother a couple of years previously and he said it was good. I love this game and FC4.
>>
>>375978414
emulate it you stinky shit
>>
>>375978912
I hate Square so much for their meddling shit
>>
File: BatenKaitosCover.jpg (126KB, 285x400px) Image search: [Google]
BatenKaitosCover.jpg
126KB, 285x400px
>>375976886
My brother has been more of an impulse buyer than me, but he found some truly great games in Baten Kaitos and Rondo of Swords.
>>
>>375976886
Vagrant Story is amazing and very unique. Wish it would have had all the content they cut..... and sequels.

In fact I wish Matsuno was still with Square...
And that square didn't fuck themselves over with spirits within...
Never had to sell out and merge....
and that Matsuno made the mainline FF games (without them meddling and fucking them up) so the series wouldn't have gotten so fucked into the ground.
>>
I bought Persona 4 on the PSN when it was onsale for $2.50. I loved it. I never laugh at all, but the comedy in P4 made me chuckle a few times. The characters were also good
>>
>>375977978
Legend of dragoon was pretty awesome, so you made a decent choice.
>>
>>375976886
>What Have you bought without prior knowledge?

I think the last one was Enter the Matrix.
>>
>>375976886
I bought the Valkyria Chronicles Remaster when it came out because I had heard good things about the original.

Got about halfway through it and still haven't gone back to finish it. The tone is just way too cheery for what's essentially World War One and Two mixed together in an anime setting.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.