[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until esports are accepted as an actual sport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: shutterstock_125321117.0.jpg (308KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_125321117.0.jpg
308KB, 2000x1333px
How long until esports are accepted as an actual sport?
>>
>>375975384
Hopefully fucking never. Chess isn't considered a sport and video games aren't nearly as complex as chess.
>>
They already are.

ESPN2 broadcasts CS/League majors now and again and did SFV's Top 8 EVO2016 (and probably will again this year). eSports aren't going to be as big as NFL/Barclay's, but they're gaining mainstream appeal.
>>
I'm just waiting for the eSports bubble to pop.
>>
>>375975465
I hope never too but for a different reason. Flavor of the year games change too fast and companies even change the content and rules within the game. Real sports normally have their rules set and finalized.
>>
Hopefully never esports are gay af senpai
>>
I'll never understand the appeal of e-sports. I don't look up (but in this case down) to people that I could kill with my bare hands alone.
>>
>>375976939
Always nice to see a man who looks up to women on here
>>
>>375975948
Same

I can't wait for this terrible fad to die.

>Literally every multiplayer game is made to be an e-sport nowdays

Fucking shit, i grew up playing Unreal and quake and i can't stand this bullshit nowdays.

Everything is team based too which sucks my dick.
>>
File: Fg7FS86.jpg (132KB, 600x914px) Image search: [Google]
Fg7FS86.jpg
132KB, 600x914px
>>375975384
With this new generation growing up with markipliers and jackscepticeyes its just a matter of time.
>>
>>375975384
I love how they all have their own headphones, but still need to keep the Razer products around their necks.

Thanks, corporate sponsorships.
>>
>>375975465
what the fuck
so complexity is the priority right? running 100 meters as fast as you can is a sport featured in every single olympic games so i guess thats complex as fuck right?
>>
>>375977039
>what did he mean by this
>>
>>375977216
Thats just so jamal can feel good about himself.
>>
File: 745653.jpg (11KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
745653.jpg
11KB, 211x212px
>>375977146
>That picture
And that sad thing is that it's 100% true.
>>
For e-sports to become a thing, wouldn't that require the same games to always stay active? I mean, soccer succeeds as a sport because there's always someone playing soccer. Would MOBAs still remain popular in 100 years? Would anyone want a sport where the entire game can change?

Plus some games are bad to watch. Every time I watch a MOBA video I have literally no idea what's going on. Not because I don't play them, but because they become huge clusterfucks when a team fight breaks out and everyone is casting their skills all at once. There are times where I've played MOBAs and literally lost track of my character
>>
>>375977216
No but not everyone can get Olympic level running times. You actually have to work for it and it puts a lot of stress on your body.

Video games are fun, and sometimes you do have to practice a little bit to git gud. But not at the level chess players, football players, Olympic level swimmers etc. have to.
>>
>>375976939
This
>>
File: syntholcapullo03.jpg (55KB, 594x640px) Image search: [Google]
syntholcapullo03.jpg
55KB, 594x640px
>>375977718
Do you know the amount of time it takes to master a game? Or to finish Zelda in 18:10 minutes? Athletes can just take steroids and get results.
>>
>>375978029
>Do you know the amount of time it takes to master a game?

A year, tops. It takes multiple years, and sometimes even a decade to get really good at sports.

>Or to finish Zelda in 18:10 minutes?
That isn't hard at all, you just have to master how to do glitches at the time.

And steroids is cheating, i just as easily e-sports professionals can use aim assist or whatever to help them win.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.