[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UT > Quake Can we all agree on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 39799-unreal-tournament-quake.jpg (38KB, 550x304px) Image search: [Google]
39799-unreal-tournament-quake.jpg
38KB, 550x304px
UT > Quake
Can we all agree on this?
>>
>>375975268
Yeah, pretty much.

Quake is still pretty fuckin' dope tho, sad that it's pretty much a complete shitshow now. Just glad it didn't turn out like DOOM, and just became a lame game where the plot (something the original 1993 DOOM didn't even tell you) was the thing it wanted you to focus on.
>>
No, because it's stupid to compare the two. You'd be better off comparing Q1/Q2 and Unreal or UT versus Quake 3 Arena.

I used to be an Unreal dude but one day Quake just sort of clicked with me, something to do with years of playing Source engine games and finally seeing where they came from. Going back to Unreal feels like playing with lead boots and a broken mouse in comparison, no matter how hard of an erection the Flak Cannon gives me.
>>
>>375975268
The number of people still playing Quake compared to UT is a testament to how much better Quake is.
>>
franchise vs franchise i've always been a Quake guy

there has always been a rivalry between the two but also mutual respect i think, UT alright to me

i prefer Quake because i like the movement better, i like the balance of the weapons better (though UT had some cool guns in it, i think Quake balances them better) and i like the maps and flow better

as far as the new UT vs QC it's not even close, UT has been in pre-alpha for 3 years and is a side project at best, QC is in closed beta and rough right now but has a direction and a full time team behind it

no reason to fight, we all got big fat boners, save it for battling ow and csgo and battlefield and cod and all that shit
>>
File: 1433816648343-3.jpg (104KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
1433816648343-3.jpg
104KB, 1000x662px
>>375975268

Quake 1 > Unreal 1
Quake 3 < Unreal Tournament

Quake 2 + Quake 4 << Unreal 2

Too bad UT04 was the last good UT
>>
File: 1493778212522.png (99KB, 392x307px) Image search: [Google]
1493778212522.png
99KB, 392x307px
>>375977301
>we all got big fat boners
>>
>>375976652
Pretty much this I was a UT99 babby because it could easily be pirated and run on shitty PCs but later on in life I went back and played through the Quakes and now UT99 is unplayable. If I were to rank them I would say Q2>Q3>Q1 due to the crazy mods in Quake 2 and the fact that it's still pretty active online with some modernized clients like Q2PRO.
>>
>>375977545

u know it in ur heart bb boy
>>
>>375975268
both seem more my tastes than green army men simulators that seem to be selling more copies these days desu senpai.
>>
>>375975268
Quake and Unreal are both god tier.
>>
>>375977537
plebbitus maximus
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.