[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So much missed potential for fallout 4. Bethesda dropped the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: 237547856.png (373KB, 570x584px) Image search: [Google]
237547856.png
373KB, 570x584px
So much missed potential for fallout 4. Bethesda dropped the fucking ball hard.

>power armor made into a vehicle, each individual piece has HP pools
>simply increases DR at the target point
How it should have been:
>Power armor completely negates damage at the hit location, instead taking the damage directly to it's HP pool until it's broken, whereupon damage can be inflicted normally
Not only does this make more sense but it works. It seems like this was the logical thing to do but they said "fuck it" and decided to make power armor just a buffed version of regular DR clothing with item HP.

Combat armor, metal armor, and leather armor should have been the same, with much lower HP pools. They would absorb damage in the hit location, taking it directly to their item HP pool until they were broken. This presents a clear advantage in armor tiers, with leather having barely any HP, Raider/metal having decent item HP, and combat having very good item HP.

>Energy weapons should have completely ignored metalic armors, inflicting damage directly to the wearer. Thermal shielding would have reduced the damage and EMP shielding would have absorbed the damage to armor HP like normal ballistic damage
>Leather armor would have taken both ballistic damage and energy damage normally since it's non-metallic, but it would have had the lowest armor HP

Seriously what was Bethesda thinking? Armor now works on a percentage-to-ratio system, so someone in in a full suit of Enclave power will still take damage from a rolling pin, however small it is it is still damage and it doesn't make any sense to have a system designed this way.

People say it's for balance reasons, but I think that's a ridiculous excuse. This is just a classic example of poor game design and bad designers wasting good potential.
>>
>Bethesda dropped the fucking ball hard.
Yeah welcome to 2 years ago
>>
>>375970161
I just recently started playing the game. I didn't want to think that it was as bad as /v/ said it was, but it really is.

Can you even call this a game? Go to a location, kill loot, return, repeat
>>
>>375970291
The game is aimed at Tyrone and Jamal who own a stolen Xbox One to play Madden and Call of Duty. No design idea drove the development of Fallout 4 other than its accessibility to people who don't even play video games.
>>
>>375970684
top kek
>>
>>375970684
the sad thing is that this post is true. Fallout 4 sold like 14 fucking million copies to normies who played it for 3 hours and then never touched it again
>>
>>375970291
>kill loot, return, repeat
sometimes when you kill a supermutant that is attacking a settlement, it drops a note that says

>KILL
>LOOT
>RETURN
I'm pretty sure no one at Bethesda is that self-aware which makes it all the more hilarious
>>
>>375971981
fucking kek, I found those notes all the time but I never realized the irony
>>
File: 57967578.png (1MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
57967578.png
1MB, 704x396px
>>375969842
>lift the chain lock anon
>Didn't you like the game anon?
>Wasn't it fun?
>It just works anon
>>
File: 47786789.jpg (94KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
47786789.jpg
94KB, 320x300px
>IT
>JUST
>WORKS
>>
File: 1492903405196.jpg (236KB, 1600x1561px) Image search: [Google]
1492903405196.jpg
236KB, 1600x1561px
That would be the logical thing to do, but it'd trivialize the game unless Beth compensated in actual balancing for difficulty. Since you get the power armor 10 minutes into the game having total negation of any damage would make the game even easier than it already is.
>>
>>375973312
It's because Bethesda are shit story writers. you have to wonder, was there no one working on the dev team who thought "man this probably isn't a good idea from a gameplay perspective"
>>
With enough mods you can address some of your points.

But yes, Vanilla is full of questionable design choices.
>>
File: 3754765876.jpg (78KB, 450x577px) Image search: [Google]
3754765876.jpg
78KB, 450x577px
Can we just have a good old fashioned Fallout 4 hate thread?
>playing Fo4 for the first time
>walk up to some diner
>see two guys demanding payment for chems
>talk to them
>find out that some kid got hooked on chems and they are there to collect money
>figure they might have some good shit on them
>"so you gonna help us or not?"
>remember what Todd said about dialogue in Fo4 and that you can at any time shoot the person you're talking to in the face
>already have my gun out
>can't aim, just keeps showing my mouse cursor around the dialogue wheel
>step back
>aim
>brings up dialogue wheel again
>can't aim at all
>have to step back at least 20 feet before I can aim and shoot the guy

Why did they create this shitty dialogue system? Who in their right fucking mind thought that this was a better idea than Skyrim's dialogue system?
>>
>>375973073
>>375972953
Damn it I miss Todd posting.
Hopefully this E3 beth will announce a new TES and we will get these shill and counter-shill threads again.
>>
File: IMG_4725.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4725.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>>375971620
I swear to Christ I knew a guy who did exactly just this. He bought the game, rushed through it in a few hours, then returned it. This is why modern video game developers don't give a shit.
>>
>>375969842
>Power armor simply increases DR at the target point

No it doesn't. If you customize the armor it gives all kinds of different options for every single armor piece and different armor sets have different bonus potential. Sounds like you're just too dumb for Fallout 4, which is pretty sad.
>>
File: yo.png (3MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
yo.png
3MB, 1200x1600px
>>375974187
>E3 2017
>Todd howard announces new elder scrolls game
>"we received a lot of complaints about Fallout 4's chat wheel system, and how a lot of the choices were just re-worded versions of the same thing"
>"we like to listen to the community, so we've addressed this issue. Now there are only 2 dialogue choices in the wheel, yes, or no"
>We think this makes conversations a lot more fluid, and doesn't distract from the killing/looting part of gameplay"
>>
>>375974376
I genuinely don't know what you're trying to say. OP said power armour pieces increase damage resistance for the location each piece is worn, which is exactly how it works. The customisation you mentions is an option as well, but it doesn't even slightly contradict what they said. Could you try rewording your point?
>>
>>375974376
We're not talking about that shit we're talking about how armor behaves and reacts to damage.
>>
File: Zetan.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Zetan.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>tfw you ship crashed and you hear someone walking into the cave you're in
>>
>>375974314
They know people will buy their shit if they hype it up enough. I know a guy who stood outside of Gamestop at 1 AM to buy the pip-boy special edition. Hell we were both hyped for it, I just didn't get the chance to buy it before it sold out.

He opened up the box and took it out, even making those "aaaaaaaaah" noises like it's a relic from god or something.

Then he found out that it;s just a shitty piece of plastic with a velcro strap. Incredibly uncomfortable to wear. We were both really disappointed.

I felt bad for him. He fell for the pre-order meme hard.

He stopped playing the game after a few days because he'd already done everything.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.