[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Final Fantasy go from being the most famous and most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: final fantasy logo.png (11KB, 500x145px) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy logo.png
11KB, 500x145px
How did Final Fantasy go from being the most famous and most popular RPG series out there to being a total laughingstock among the gaming community that got overshadowed by other JRPGs?
>>
>>375967083
millenials happened.
>>
>>375967083
11 was an mmorpg, no one cared
12 had a terrible battlesystem where the game played for itself which only appealed to people too stupid or too young to create actual programs/code. the story was unfinished and none of the cast had charisma besides balthier
13 to 13-3 was just straight up shit, forced waifu no one cared about, the first one being on rails and just all sorts of crap 2bh
14 another mmo, who gives a shit
15 too short, stupid way to end the game with retarded twists, underdelivered after 10 years of promises etc

ff7 and ff8 were the exception. ff9 was decent too
>>
>>375967408
ff10 was also alright i guess. but it already had the first signs of issues to come, with the world map gone and whatnot
>>
>>375967083
They don't pander enough to retarded weebs who only want borderline VNs with waifubait.
>>
>>375967408
Wrong on all counts about 12, and 13-2 was a better version of chrono trigger (though still barely across the shit borderline), also ff7 was never good and nobody even pretended that ff8 was, ff5 ff6 ff9 and ff12 were the only good mainline ffs.
>>
>>375967083
Dragon Quest 1 came out
>>
>>375967408
So, does the VII Remake have a chance at bringing the series back to prominence, or is it doomed to fall short after a long development period like XV?

>>375967539
Wasn't that what the XIII trilogy was all about?
>>
>>375968196
It had the most action paced combat so far so no can't agree with you on that.
>>
File: 1467895976051.jpg (5KB, 170x208px) Image search: [Google]
1467895976051.jpg
5KB, 170x208px
>>375967083
>'we want to take it in a new direction'
>'we want to make a game that is nothing like any other final fantasy game'
>>
>>375967083
They got too successful. FFVII was a mistake.
>>
>>375967757
Le contrarian /V/ at its finest.
>>
>>375968481
It isn't contrarian when you are stating objective facts, though. Facts don't really care about what the popular opinion is, they are simply facts.
>>
Mega evolution happened.
>>
>>375967083
because of 13
>>
>>375967408
This is bullshit reply and doesn't answer the real question the OP is making. Your post is the perfect example of "losing the forest for the trees".

this is the real reason ff went to shit

>12 went through development hell, original director got kicked out and story was changed.
>Crystal tools engine was so bad it destroyed ff13, put ffv13 on hold for years and messed up ff14 to the point it had to be remade from the ground up
>ff13 had barely 2 years of development, was the most linear ff game ever with barely any features, cut content out the ass and its story put on datalogs because of the engine
>ffv13 started development in 2010 and was canceled in 2012
>ff15 was a shitty game made by shitty psp devs and a yesman director with no vision, had 75% of its story cut and its original dev team and director moved to FF7R.

I doubt this topic is looking for your shitty opinion or your shitty review of each game. It's looking for real answers.
>>
Sakaguchi left

>>375967408
>11 was an mmorpg, no one cared

>Square's most profitable product of all time at the time
>No one cared
>>
>>375969542
Wada destroyed SE, the companies management went completely to shit after he became the CEO.
>>
>>375967083
The original writer left after IX. That's when things went to shit
>>
>>375969670
this, the original team is gone. its only final fantasy in name
>>
>>375967083
It still is, though?
>>
because it was more of a niche/cult audience in the west to begin with.
>>
We want the Japanese /fa/ audience.
>>
>>375970603
>It still is, though?

Ehh. VII Remake got a lot of buzz, but otherwise, Final Fantasy seems to mostly be popular in much the same way that Sonic is.
>>
>>375967757
I've played all three FF13s and x-2 was easily the worst out of them. Literally everyone in that game felt like a shit side character you'd never care about or remember and that's basically what they were. The questing had potential but the battle system and characters ruined it. It STILL 3/4 of the fucking game just to be able to play classes properly.
>>
>>375967083
They should go back to their roots for the next mainline FF game. It's why I prefer Dragon Quest these days. I couldn't be assed to finish FF15 because I didn't like any of the characters and the story was a complete fucking mess.
>>
No story since X has been thought provoking in the least, its why the series is dead desu

>in b4 none of the stories are interesting
>>
You can't even get FF fans to agree on what a good FF game is. So how do you make one for all of them?
>>
>>375967083
>overshadowed by other JRPGs?
huh
>>
>>375976138
tell me more about this before i go to sleep
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.