[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best tony hawk game and why is it the second one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

whats the best tony hawk game and why is it the second one?
>>
File: Carrera.jpg (81KB, 522x733px) Image search: [Google]
Carrera.jpg
81KB, 522x733px
>>375966543
godtier sound track, park creator, custom characters, tits
>>
>>375966543
Because its not.

THUG is hands down the best with the open world one being second and THPS2 being third.
>>
LIGHTS OUT

GUERILLA RADIO

TURN THAT SHIT UP
>>
File: spidey thps2.gif (2MB, 403x430px) Image search: [Google]
spidey thps2.gif
2MB, 403x430px
>>375966543
Because Spider-Man is the best guest skater this series has ever had. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>>
Pro Series: 3 > 2X > 2 > 4 = 1
Underground: 1 > THAW > 2

Downhill Jam was alright if you recontextualized it as an SSX game, and everything else is not worth mention.
>>
File: 1422538650548.jpg (59KB, 406x360px) Image search: [Google]
1422538650548.jpg
59KB, 406x360px
>>375966543
Not even the best Dreamcast skating game
>>
the indian taxi drivers made me kek every time
>>
>>375968916
Downhill Jam had one of the best soundtracks in the series IMO
>>
>>375968160
>Thinking about the glory days of the PS2
>Remember playing THUG online
>Moscow level
>Gamemode where you had to score the most points within the time limit and without bailing
>Remember grinding/manualing/doing tricks just to keep the score going
>Mostly grinding around the whole map, with the Darkslide glitch that would reset your balance bar
>Come in #1 every time with like 10 million points of whatever the limit was

Fucking nostalgia at its finest. THUG is the best Tony Hawk game there is.
>>
File: thug_pro.jpg (1MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
thug_pro.jpg
1MB, 1400x1400px
thug pro

90% of all maps from previous games + online
>>
>>375966543
I played the shit out of the demo for this. Simpler times..
>>
TELL US WHERE YOU'RE FROM
>>
>>375966543
That was my fav dreamcast game
>>
>>375969548
its more like 68% there not alot of THPS1 maps and there like only 3 THPS2 maps its weird that the modding community for THUGPRO can make maps before the actual devs put it in the game also online is okay not really anyone on constantly.
>>
>>375966543
Had the PC version. Was pretty legit. Got it with my first real PC that wasn't an IBM running 3.1. Can't find the disc these days and it's upsetting.
>>
>played 2 on the dreamcast
>for some reason my savefile got so fucked up that sometimes every character would have max stats, while others didn't

>>375969048
Only played the demo. It was okay, but seemed to be one of those games that takes time to master to get really fun
>>
What happened to this entire genre?
>>
>>375973394
Skate. Board. Peripheral.
>>
>>375973394
Died with the extreme sports. Shit was pretty big around the 98-2004 or so. Then it was the street sports, that died like 4 years later.
Now sports are just FIFA, PES, NBA 2k, Madden games
>>
>>375973394
extreme sports are fad bro. it also doesnt help activision owns the franchise. they seem to run every popular franchise to ground
>>
REMEMBER WHEN
REMEMBER WHEN
>>
>>375973394

Project 8

Before that, THAW was kinda on the decline but still entirely playable, and SSX On Tour didn't grab people like Tricky/3 did. Project 8 was supposed to bring the genre into the 7th gen and it faceplanted out of the gate. Skate picked up in 2007 but was dead by 2011, and pretty much every other extreme sports game died in obscurity.

The only thing of recent note that's come close to extreme sports that isn't a mobile app was Steep, but pretty much everyone dismissed it because muh Ubishit and muh it's not SSX.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>375969537
>Moscow
>Not custom maps with hundreds of glitches
>Not Glitching out of the map in New York
>Not custom map car obstacle courses
>>
File: Character_Wolverine.jpg (12KB, 180x216px) Image search: [Google]
Character_Wolverine.jpg
12KB, 180x216px
>>375968786
oh please he's not even in the top 3.
>>
>>375974291
Man I played every single tony hawk game from thps1 to project 8, was basically the game of my childhood. I remember liking THAW even if it seems to have aged horribly (Couldn't play it for more than half an hour last time I put it in) but Project 8 broke my heart.
I used to be into skateboarding, I don't think I ever stepped on a skateboard again after that game. It was soul crushing.
Skate was fun for the little that I played but my interest in skateboarding was long gone by then
>>
THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE WHEN WORLDS COLIIIIIIIIIIIIDE
>>
>>375975825
ARE YOU READY TO GO
CAUSE IM READY TO GO
WHATCHA GONNA DO BABAY BABAY
>>
there's a place where everyone can be happy
>>
>>375968419
>it's actually TURN THAT S__T UP because the audio is censored ingame
LAME
>>
>>375969548
Do they pay you to shill for this mod or do you do it for free?
>>
>>375966543
Spiderman.
>>
3 is the GOAT
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.