[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: loot-boxes.jpg (26KB, 725x392px) Image search: [Google]
loot-boxes.jpg
26KB, 725x392px
What is the first game to have loot box / crates / boxes.

>Clearly OW
>>
I didn't hear about anything before TF2
>>
The earliest I can remember is TF2 with its Crates in the sense of "open them, get some stuff."
In terms of boxen in general, I'm sure there's some old Arcade games with them.
>>
>>375965337
cs:go?
>>
The oldest I think would be TF2 but wasn't sure about what game did it first.
>>
tf2 was a great tech demo, i'm glad blizzard was able to turn it into something good
>>
>>375965337
It pains me to see such an horrible system be so popular
I couldn't get into ME3's multiplayer because of it. The only way to unlock anything is to buy crates
>>
>>375965337
MtG online?
>>
two ways to think about "crates" in games, one for cosmetics like TF2 and one for "heroes" like in gacha games like Puzzle & Dragons and Fire Emblem: Heroes
>>
I wanna say TF2.
>>
>>375965337
the same game that was the first retail game to have microtransactions
>>
The Division has them and it started development ages ago so it's the first.
>>
Overwatch was the first game to prominently feature the idea of playing the role of a character through their point of view
>>
Overwatch was the first game to feature keyboard and mouse controls.
>>
Pong was the first game to show cock and balls
>>
>>375966454
Wrong it's clearly Super Mario Brothers 2 you dumbus
>>
>>375966319
not to mention Overwatch was the very first game to feature characters with unique characteristics that fit certain roles in a team-based strategy, such as healer, dps, and tank
>>
Overwatch was the first game that featured multiple different game modes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.