[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twilight Princess GC vs Wii

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: zelda_tp_hd.jpg (385KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_tp_hd.jpg
385KB, 1280x720px
Which one is better /v/?
Just started the wii version and link's movement feels very different from Oot, MM, and WW ,which I just recently finished.
>>
File: Ammakkakeru Ryu no Hirameki.png (339KB, 853x651px) Image search: [Google]
Ammakkakeru Ryu no Hirameki.png
339KB, 853x651px
Gamecube because you can do more stuff with your sword. Charged spin attacks, braced swing while running, braced swing into a spin attack. Twilight Princess is the best sword game OAT. Only game that lets you feel like Kenshin.

The HD version is actually the best, but they removed wall collision for some reason.
>>
>>375961192
The reason it feels so weird is because they actually mirrored the whole game so Link's sword would be in his right hand to match the majority of Wii users
>>
>>375962138
So you cant spin attack with the wiimote?
>>
>>375961192
GC.
It was designed for it since day-1, is NOT mirrored, and does not suffer of wagglan.
>>
>>375961192
You can play either, honestly. I recommend the Gamecube port. It's a bit weird playing one after the other because it's inverted but I'm fine with it.
>>
HD >>>>>>>>>>>>> GC >>>> Wii
>>
>>375962138
>but they removed wall collision for some reason
Explain
>>
>>375962595
Of course you can. But only the quick spin attack, which is faster and better used as a last resort to clear hordes. For 1 on 1, hold spin attacks are better. Look at OoT when fighting Stalfos for instance. But another problem with the Wiimote is it's unreliable. You're more likely to trigger a helm splitter or vice versa, a spin attack when you mean a helm splitter.
>>
>>375961192
Gamecube version is the only way to play TP
>>
HD Version on Wii U is the best of both worlds
>>
>>375962997
Not op, I never had these problems when I played it on the Wii. The only thing that bothered me was the whole game being mirrored. It just made the whole thing seem off
>>
>>375962926
In the GCN and Wii versions when you swing your sword and hit a wall or torch, it clinks and stops your blow mid-way. In HD, your sword ignores that there's anything there. It's probably the only legitimate complaint about the HD version besides that you can't swim or and fish where the monkey is in Ordon Village anymore. They fenced that area out to help new players not get lost.
>>
>>375963195
Visually speaking the mirroring isn't even the worst bit. The Wii version is also cropped because the camera is pulled back and chopped to meet the aspect ratio of a widescreen game. And without a rotatable camera it means you can't even see parts of the game. Like the chest outside Castle Town or in the hole that in the field that leads to Lake Hylia.
>>
>>375961192
Wii version because of cheat codes. Now the game can actually be challenging.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ci1yzuwhbh7h9k/TP+Wii+hard+modo+files+v2.rar
>>
Dolphin >>>>> GC >>>>> Wii
>>
>>375963237
I think I remember being annoyed by the collisions in TP, Link's sword is really long. Maybe it was WW though.
>>
If you're playing on dolphin, definitely Wii, since then you can play with a standard controller if you want.

>>375963743
Oh, also, for some inexplicable reason they only gave you 2 damn item slots in the GCN version, while the Wii version has 4. WHY
>>
>>375964158
>>375963743
No amount of mods can make the Wii version better. And GCN slots are better. You have to rotate between one item on the Wii, other than the boots and I forget what else. Gamecube let's you seamlessly change between both without having to de-equip one. Which is super annoying. Speaking of, the GCN has proper aiming. On the Wii you have to either deal with the fairy pointer, or turn it off which messes with the Hawkeye.
>>
>>375964503
To aim in first-person I mean. Suffice it to say Wii version has many problems. Avoid at all costs prospective anons reading this thread who just finished BotW and want a new Zelda.
>>
Why they mirrored all game and not just the Link model?
>>
>>375964503
>No amount of mods can make the Wii version better
I disagree strongly. The code to take more damage makes combat actually dangerous, and the code to halve rupees received basically fixes the game's economy and makes rupees useful. Those are really big improvements to the core gameplay.

>And GCN slots are better.
I disagree, swapping items with the dpad on the Wii version takes way less time than needing to open up the item wheel, especially since the item wheel is slower in the GCN version due to lack of pointer controls.

>GCN has proper aiming
The fairy pointer was somewhat annoying, but it's still way better to be able to aim with the pointer instead of needing to use an analog stick. Plus, the Wii version lets you strafe and steer your horse while aiming.
>>
>>375965231
It would have been too much work and they would have had to mirror the bosses too, since handedness matters as to whether you have an opening or not. C'mon anon. Is this your first rodeo?
>>
>>375965314
>The code to take more damage makes combat actually dangerous, and the code to halve rupees received basically fixes the game's economy and makes rupees useful
They fixed these issues on the HD version. It doesn't necessarily make the core game better.
>especially since the item wheel is slower in the GCN version
-_- ..... Three is no item wheel in the GCN version. And it's annoying having to combine the items with the pointer to make Bomb Arrows/Hawkeye/refuel lantern/hook bait.
>but it's still way better to be able to aim with the pointer instead of
Wii version is baby mode because it's all third-person, not mention the reticle takes up like an eight of the screen. There's no vertigo when you're aiming in the Goron Mines. And the Wii controls have a huge fluke in that Link starts to jerk when you aim at a wall because there's no analog input for the game to understand where to aim.
>>
File: 1454075641385.png (361KB, 634x374px) Image search: [Google]
1454075641385.png
361KB, 634x374px
>>375961192
GC on Dolphin is the definitive way to play the game.

Wii sucks, HD version is even worse.
>>
>>375966360
Yeah sure retard.
>>
>>375966990
I'm not wrong.
>>
>They fixed these issues on the HD version.
That didn't do anything about rupees. No hearts in hero mode is good, but 2x the damage still leaves the large majority of attacks only doing 1/2 a heart.

Anyway the codes really are big improvements, especially the rupee one.

>>375966019
>-_- ..... Three is no item wheel in the GCN version
u wot
You're thinking of HD, m8

Your complaints about the pointer controls seem incredibly nit-picky to me. As far as I'm concerned there's no real comparison between pointer controls with free character movement vs aiming with an analog stick while locked in place, but you're welcome to your opinion.
>>
>>375961192
waggling was a gimmick, gc had the world the way it was originally designed
>>
>>375966360
>HD version is even worse
I thought it was better because of all the little things it changed, like not giving you a text box every time you pick up a rupee. Or being able to pick up rupees even when your wallet is full. Or giving you an idea of how many poes you have left to collect and in what areas.
>>
>>375966360
I see this one, single, solitary example posted over and over when people assert that TPHD is a graphical downgrade.

Surely there are more and better examples?

Note that I haven't played TPHD, so maybe it really is a downgrade, but in this case it really smells like one of those things /v/ blows up into a big deal based on a single screenshot.
>>
File: 1455236797231.png (272KB, 576x311px) Image search: [Google]
1455236797231.png
272KB, 576x311px
>>375968118
Those are just codes you can put into any version of the game. HD had too many issues to be the best way to play.

>>375969058
Hope you like bloom.
>>
>>375970417
I don't believe there are codes to let you pick up rupees even when your wallet is full, and I know there's no code to do the poe thing.
>>
>>375970417
OK, 2 examples is slightly better, and the Zelda one is stronger. But it seems like comparison shots of the HD version should be in HD resolution instead of sub-SD, yeah? What with the big draw of HD being the higher-res textures.

Also this DF analysis video seems to say the higher-precision bloom effect is only present in cutscenes. It's no WWHD where the bloom ruins things. Watching it, HD seems like a pretty clear graphical upgrade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdE6jXLqdp0
>>
>>375970672
Sure but those don't matter.

>>375971420
There are more and the game itself, graphics aside, has issues. GC overall looks nicer and plays perfectly fine with enhancements if you want.

>Also this DF analysis
Don't take those clowns seriously, notice how they rarely talk negatives in remasters? They don't care and they don't compared to emulated versions.
>>
>>375970417
This scene was the only point where I noticed the bloom being obnoxious. The rest of the game seemed fine.
>>
>>375971948
>There are more and the game itself, graphics aside, has issues.
Such as?

>GC overall looks nicer
It really doesn't seem that way.
>Don't take those clowns seriously, notice how they rarely talk negatives in remasters?
This analysis by Eurogamer mentions frame drops to 25fps in foggy areas around Faron woods. THAT'S a legitimate graphical criticism. But that article also says "Even the bloom effect is intensified for some cut-scenes," so it does seem to be the case that exaggerated bloom is only for cutscenes. Looks like I was right to be skeptical of /v/ cherrypicking.
>>
File: remove flags add bloom.jpg (43KB, 1075x354px) Image search: [Google]
remove flags add bloom.jpg
43KB, 1075x354px
>>375972404
But that's wrong.

>>375972625
No collision, added input lag, epona controls worse, game is mirrored, fps drops, graphics are worse than emulated game, more depth of field, most characters look worse, etc.
>>
>>375961192
odd you should say that, I remember noticing that despite the improved style, TP still had the floaty, unengaging physics, movement, and animation from WW.
>>
>>375963237
>They fenced that area out to help new players not get lost.
You know, I needed a reason not to get that game. That was it. Thank you. Just saved me some money. I had gripes before, but that is 'ruto's finboobs' tier disqualification
>>375963937
that said, yeah, it was very annoying. but it's part of zelda and has been since the very first game! it's how you test for bombable walls.
>>
>>375961192
Wii U version exists so this pointless debate is over. Hopefully they bring it to Switch
>>
Wii U > GCN > Wii

this is common knowledge
>>
File: why would they add bloom..jpg (90KB, 1058x543px) Image search: [Google]
why would they add bloom..jpg
90KB, 1058x543px
>>
>>375973392
>No collision
With the sword? I'd say that's a good thing.
>added input lag
Gonna need a source on this. I can't find anything besides people too dumb to calibrate their TVs.
>epona controls worse
How so?
>game is mirrored
AFAIK you can play both the mirrored and unmirrored version. Personally I've never seen the big deal.
>fps drops
True.
>more depth of field
Source? None of the analyses I'm seeing mention that.
>most characters look worse
Not seeing it.
>graphics are worse than emulated game
I still have to say no. 25fps in Faron is a legit complaint, but I don't think that outweighs the way better texture quality, shadow resolution, added geometry/details in some places, and 24-bit color depth instead of 16-bit.

Also you're still posting sub-SD cutscene screenshots.
>>
>>375973392
>graphics are worse than emulated game
If you're comparing TP GCN using dolphin, shouldn't you be comparing it to TPHD in Cemu?
>>
>>375974641
Why would I bother replying to you? You haven't even played the fucking game. What an autist.

>>375975171
No because TPHD doesn't emulate properly and doesn't have the mod support. It's the same as it is on console.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.