[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Walking through town >Encounter hooker about to get stabbed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: Red_Dead_Redemption1.jpg (20KB, 256x317px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption1.jpg
20KB, 256x317px
>Walking through town
>Encounter hooker about to get stabbed by drunk guy.
>no cutscene starts to inform me this is happening.
>Walk up to the scene, and once again no cutscene happens
>Infact I can completely ignore the whole shit and keep walking if I want
>If I kill the guy, there is no 2deep4u explanation that paints him as a good guy.
>If I stand there and watch, he will eventually start stabbing her instead of waiting in player limbo for me to react
>Can get some money and a few points towards my morality system if I intervene

Why dont more games with a morality system do this? Red Dead utterly BTFOs pretty much every other 'choice' oriented game. Looking at you Witcher.
>>
File: Shepard.jpg (476KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
Shepard.jpg
476KB, 1024x672px
>Listens to random conversation on way to save galaxy.
>Flies across galaxy to find random crap.
>"Hey, i heard you talking, I got that thing you wanted."
>"Oh, thanks Shep, have a couple of points."
>>
>>375958025
Was it autism?
>>
>walking through town
>encounter hooker about to get stabbed
>same encounter happens a dozen more times within the next hour

woooow so incredible
>>
>>375958192
Almost like it happened a lot back then
>>
>>375958086
Bioware's way of saving dosh on development in the cinematic field but still having SIDEQUESTS for their supposed RPG.
>>
File: Mauser_Pistol_Stats.png (21KB, 555x538px) Image search: [Google]
Mauser_Pistol_Stats.png
21KB, 555x538px
>>375957684
*blocks your path to a challenging game*
>>
>>375958334
It didn't. The wild west being violent is a meme started by films. You're more likely to get stabbed or shot walking down the street today.
>>
Yes I enjoyed the subtlety of it. Far better than many RPGs. The nodding of pedestrians when having higher honour. Spitting and rude remarks with low. Cheaper thieves landing with low. More lenient law with high. Evil horse with low. No preachy nonsense just a little bit of nice character development. Encouraged a bit of roleplaying as a bad marston rather than spoon feeding.
>>
>>375958614
>a meme started by films
Holy shit if I could punch you through your monitor you uneducated shitter
>>
>>375958192
>same encounter happens a dozen more times within the next hour
You blew it with the massive exaggeration.
>>
>>375958501
so dont use it? I liked the best revolver more actually, could pretty much 1 shot everything
>>
>>375958614
It wasn't as bloody as film made it out to be but you're an idiot if you think the wild west was just mundane no violence ever. Do some homework before spouting the shit you see on Discovery channel
>>
>>375958614
>The wild west being violent is a meme started by films. You're more likely to get stabbed or shot walking down the street today.
wtf i love frontier justice now
>>
>>375958792
>have to exclude stuff the game gives you to make it actually challenging

please stop defending this game design you literal fucking braindead moron
>>
File: 1464011155696.png (603KB, 981x726px) Image search: [Google]
1464011155696.png
603KB, 981x726px
>>375958501
>he doesn't exclusively use the Cattleman
Yankee government boy detected
>>
>>375958614
Well yes and no. Lots of bored drinking young men with firearms led to plenty of violence. However, it would be along today's levels rather than the apparent continuous fighting in spaghetti westerns. Lack of strong law enforcement also allowed far more wrongdoing. Then there's risk of Indian attack and the fact many crimes would have been unrecorded in frontier towns.
>>
File: ShameOnYouForFappingToThis.png (58KB, 151x210px) Image search: [Google]
ShameOnYouForFappingToThis.png
58KB, 151x210px
>>375958889
>He's never done a buster only run in megaman

Don't complain about difficulty when you are given the tools to raise difficulty.
>>
>>375958734
sorry
but the random encounters really are repetitive as fuck
>>
>man is running across the Plains
>two men chasing him and shooting
>a galliant charge! ride past the two men, dead eye those fuckers, save the man
>honour goes down
>on closer inspection they were lawmen

Heh...
>>
>>375958818
He didn't say no violence ever, that's a big leap on your part. But it is true there were less murders per capita than there are now for major cities. Probably because everyone open carried so if you started some shit it was basically suicide.
>>
>>375958675
But he's not wrong.
>>
>>375958953
In multiplayer I used nothing but the cattleman and the first repeater you get and still could take on up to six or seven people and win

the hate mail was glorious. in 2 I hope they don't fuck up the multiplayer into a boring everybody is nerfed snoozefest like they did with GTA V.
>>
>>375959008

They are to an extent but I dunno, it's a game you're inevitably going to run into the ground, I would argue that the effect they have on you during that very first playthrough is more important than your eventual jadedness when you see the same hoouuueerrr getting killed in Armadillo.
>>
>>375958192
I've played through the game 5 times and this is just not true. It happened maybe once or twice every playtrough outside the saloon in armadillo but if you're not going in and out of the area just to trigger that particular chance spawn - it really doesn't happen all that often.
>>
File: 1483621028399.png (819KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483621028399.png
819KB, 900x600px
>>375959137
>FFA on Tumbleweed
>Get a few kills to fill up dead eye
>spend rest of game moving between dead eye/ammo boxes and raping everyone with volleys of Schofield lead
31-0. Best game I ever had. Got a message after: "u r shit".
>>
>ride horse
>it randomly dies
>get killed by a cougar
>>
>>375958889

>have more fun playing one way than another
>"this games sucks cause I play this way"
>"try playing this way instead"
>literal brain dead fucking moron

KEK
>>
>>375959415
>deadeye

you're no better than automatic pistol and dynamite scum faggot
>>
This game let me have a fist fight with a bear 10/10
>>
>>375959609
cry more or come up with a counter
>>
>>375959609

OHHHHH!
>>
>>375959802
>>375959746
>come up with a counter

It's not that difficult. Whenever the deadeye fag peeks out for the two seconds he needs to lock on deadeye, peek out yourself and headshot him with a rifle and he's dead.

Assuming your team isn't garbage you don't have to focus on much else while doing that.
>>
File: 1301446077936.jpg (36KB, 470x400px) Image search: [Google]
1301446077936.jpg
36KB, 470x400px
>playing poker
>get a flush
>go all in
>I just know this last guy left can't have anything good
>he has a fucking full house
>stand up and empty a load of buckshot into his face
>he flies backward in his chair and his feet shoot upward just like in the movies
>mfw
>>
>>375959948
Aiming at the head is key. I remember being able to headshot guys from miles away and being able to take on hordes of guys by myself in free roam. You think I got any friend requests or messages saying "Hey you're really good at this! :)"? Nope. It was a salt mine of depths that I will never be able to explore again.
>>
>tfw no video game dedicated solely to Liar's Dice
>>
>>375960494
>literally all you have to do is flick the analog stick to the head
>thats literally it
>95% of the community did not know this and bitched every time you did it as hacks

why are console gamers so retarded? in gta 5 it took 2 years but people finally figured that out in multiplayer. at the beginning, literally NOBODY did headshots, but I came back 2.5 years later and people were finally doing it.
>>
>>375959609
Pig Josh was a mistake.
>>
File: yay.png (75KB, 690x686px) Image search: [Google]
yay.png
75KB, 690x686px
>>375961035
>tfw win game after game with babies spamming you with "you're hacking" messages and people wanting to be your best friend and teach them how to use your "hacks"
>>
>>375957684
Part of the reason this is one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>375957684
Isn't it strange? At this point I'm always expecting games to paint the picture for you with markers, quest journal, a cutscene, and an NPC that just sits there waiting for you to act. Really refreshing but kinda makes you sad that this doesn't happen more these days.

I believe it's part of why Souls is so popular. There's no hand holding of any kind. "Here's a world. Go do shit and try not to die too much. You'll probably miss most of the quests the first time around."
>>
>Be riding somewhere near the border to Tall Trees
>Suddenly spot a man being chased by a bear
>Figure that this is a perfect time to complete the challenge where you have to kill a bear with a knife
>The bear is too busy chasing the guy to notice me trying to stab him
>Cue to me chasing a bear while it is chasing a dude
>Eventually kill it
>Dude thanks me and heads down the road
>Good deed of the day done
>I get on my horse and ride the other way
>Decide to throw a look behind me to see how he's doing
>A cougar leaps out of the bushes and attacks him
>I keep walking the other way like nothing is wrong
Love this game.
>>
File: 1399341756813.png (430KB, 684x502px) Image search: [Google]
1399341756813.png
430KB, 684x502px
>>375957684
Also Witcher has no point to its massive open world

>"?" markers only hold absolutely garbage loot or monster nests
>all of the interesting equipment are sitting behind a sidequest gate
>no items or ingredients only found in a specific location except for the DLC
>no random events or encounters
>no reason to explore at all

RDR, on the other hand, had a perfectly sized map for the content it offered. Except maybe for the middle part of Mexico, nothing felt too big for its own good, but even there you could find some of the rarer horse breeds.
>>
File: FUCKING COUGARS.gif (3MB, 284x180px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING COUGARS.gif
3MB, 284x180px
>>375963810

>Have a favorite horse that's been with me through thick and thin.
>Always been pretty good at protecting it from harm.
>Ride it to the beginning of a quest and start it.
>Just as it's fading out to start the quest cutscene, a cougar swoops in out of nowhere and kills my fucking horse.

Fuck cougars.
>>
>>375958614
I didn't realize you were there, shouldn't you be dead by now?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.