[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck you, I like Dawn of War 3. There is nothing wrong with it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 19

File: 20170502142315_1.jpg (461KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170502142315_1.jpg
461KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck you, I like Dawn of War 3. There is nothing wrong with it. It is not a "Fundamentally flawed product" or even remotely a MOBA. You just don't like the design direction so you memed the game to it's death. It's almost completely the same as DoW 1 and 2, you just got autistic and sperged out over "muh colors" "muh backflips" which were the only 'issues' the game even had.

Fuck you, /v/. Fucking murdering potentially good games in the crib.
>>
>>375957379
stop relying on other peoples opinions and form your own you fucking sheep
>>
I like it too but yes there are a few things wrong in this game.
It need more maps
Better balance in doctrines, right now especially in 1vs1 you are forced to use specific ones same goes for elites.
>>
it's shit
>>
>>375957379
>waaah stop disliking what i like!
>>
>>375957379
it's not because people memed
it's because it is shit
>>
>>375957379
Game is actually bad, you just have low standarts
>>
>>375957379
Wait, what? This game is out already?
>>
>>375957767

>Dozens of reviews on steam with 0.1 hours thumbing down mostly complaining about muh MOBA and colors

8,000 people playing, meanwhile 2 and 1 barely break 1k on a good day

peak was 20,000

and a lot of anons are enjoying it on the /vg/ general

Face it, disliking the game is a meme. It wasn't your super grimderp magnum opus so everyone was too lazy to give it a chance. Fuck off.
>>
When i saw people praising DOW2 i knew 99% of the critics were full of shit.

DOW2 feels like barebones crap compared to DOW3, its a straight upgrade in every way.
>>
File: 1314177311344.jpg (38KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1314177311344.jpg
38KB, 450x338px
>>375957379
>t.Dev

Nope, its shit. You're a casual piece of shit, and thata ok. Just don't try and force it on us sorry it didn't work out like overwatch did so you could at least spam ">its popular so its bad" meme

This is one of those sweet moments in time when a bad game doesn't get played by anyone.
>>
>>375957926
>peak was 20,000
Peak was 25k. The game has lost 2/3 of its playerbase in a week. One more week and this trash will reach current DoW1 concurrent player numbers AHAHAHAHAAH
>>
File: hot sauce.png (647KB, 943x671px) Image search: [Google]
hot sauce.png
647KB, 943x671px
>>375957709

>instead of listing what the game does right (many things) I'm just going to say none of it matters and post 'its just shit' because /v/ hivemind is always right!

Also let this be the first redpill for many. It takes far less brainpower to just write something off as 'shit' than it does to acknowledge what it does right and wrong. And when you just write something off as shit, other people interpret that it really is through and through 'shit' when it has clear positives that can be enough to keep people in.

/v/ is retarded and whenever someone starts a thread asking if you actually take /v/'s opinions seriously a lot of anons say no.

Same goes for a lot of review systems that just let troglodytes brigade spam negative reviews.

There's a lot more nuance to judging a game like this, and when you just act like it's 'another one to toss in the bin' you're not just actively diminishing the board, you're demonstrating your own ape-like level of intelligence and judgment. Retard.
>>
>>375958070

You're not just wrong, you're stupid. Just another lazy troglodyte writing a game off as shit for a sense of smug satisfaction, which is the real and most hardcore autism.
>>
>>375957379
lmao if you think /v/ has any effect on how well a game fares. If DOW3 fails it's because people genuinely think it's a bad game, not because there were a few /v/ threads badmouthing it
>>
> Get tricked into buying a Warhammer MOBA, being told it's Dawn Of War.

> I-ii I-ididn't gg-get tr-tricked! I-it's a go-good gg-game!
>>
>>375958226
Every game goes down from its release on stats.

DOW3 has sold as much in a week then DOW2 in a 3 months.
>>
>>375957379
It's nice that they brought together the advantages of DoW2 and DoW1, but it's complete bullshit to say that MP isn't a MOBA. that shit reeks of ASSFAGGOTS and I want my fucking skirmish game modes back. Also fuck their new cover bullshit.
>>
>>375957379
>It's almost completely the same as DoW 1 and 2
This line confuses me. 1 and 2 were fairly different. How can it be completely the same as both?
>>
>>375958273
thank you reddit
>>
File: 1493408952797.jpg (39KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1493408952797.jpg
39KB, 800x449px
>>375957379
It's by no means 'completely the same as DoW 1 & 2' beyond theme and characters. IP aside, there are other rts games more similar to dow1/2 and there are other games more similar to dow 3, than 3 is to 1 and 2, and hell, 1 and 2 were pretty fucking different in the first place.

the complaint is that from 1 to 2, they did have some radical design changes, but retained quite a bit of what were well received and had come to be considered something of defining traits for the games from the perspective of the 'core' fanbase. And while the transition of 2 to 3 does bring back a fair amount of the traits lost between 1 and 2, to be a more traditional rts game (versus 2) like 1, but also stripped out some of the things that were previously retained in the transition (widespread squad customization, sync kills, major removal of 'sustained' tactics and support units to have it replaced by [once again more traditional in overall rts game terms sure] extremely expendable units that you need to constantly replace)

It's not a bad game, I got it, I'm finding it reasonably entertaining. But it's pretty disappointing when viewed as a 'sequel' to 1 and 2. It's like say you have a favorite steakhouse, and you go there every year on your birthday and order the 'chef's special', it's not always the same, sometimes it's a T-Bone, sometimes it's a porterhouse, sometimes the side is a baked potato, sometimes it's spinach and gratin. That's fine, but when you go there, like you have every year for however long, and this time, they bring you pork chops; not bad pork chops by any means, and you like pork chops from time to time, you're still gonna be like 'what the fuck', this is not what I expected or came here for; it's not 'bad' it's just not what I wanted

Also how the fuck do you ship with MP, and no basic destroy hq/deathmatch mode. I mean what the fuck
>>
File: 1493260782816.png (195KB, 540x602px) Image search: [Google]
1493260782816.png
195KB, 540x602px
>>375958362
>"REEEE UR DUMB"

Got anymore unfounded insults you want to hurl at a nameless face across the web? Behavior befitting some one who likes dow3 for sure.

But youre right about one thing though, im smug as fuck.
>>
>>375957379
>It's almost completely the same as DoW 1 and 2
That doesn't even make any sense, seeing as DoW 1 and 2 were completely different animals
>>
>>375959036
To be fair I don't miss the sync kills that much. It is a bit lazy to get rid of them, but with the elite units I find the combat to still be pretty visually appealing.
>dem splats when Angelos smashes an Ork
>>
>>375958273
>no synckills
>no morale system
>no melee skill system
>no specials
>no retrofittable commanders
>no attachable sub commanders
>no localization damages
>lower plurality of damage types
>fight over nexus'esque objective with towers to boot
>shills constantly say "its not a moba" when developers even said "we're borrowing aspects from mobas" which is fucking clear when you play the game.
>bushes

If you want to play a game wihtout all of these aspects, then just play a different franchise. They removed everything that made dow unique as an rts.
>>
>>375957379
>the market doesnt like a product because its of low quality
>the market kills said product by not buying it

Capitalism working as intended once again
>>
>>375959361
Jesus do even fastfood companies pay shills on /v/?

Seeing a lot of Wendy posts lately
Good thing i cant buy their products anyway since they dont exist in europe
>>
The game needs a lot more polishing. The main menu is fucking infuriating. Why does everything have a small delay? Why does the units have to reappear again in the army painter? Why the fuck is elite loadout section so awful? Took me two hours to even find the place to buy more elites. And dont get me even started on that profile section.
>>
>>375959361

Well you weren't going to buy the game anyway if you mindlessly slurp up whatever papa /v/ squeezes down your throat.
>>
>>375959907
All your points are retarded and not a reason why anyone played DOW.
>>
>>375960116
That's a feel. I fucking hate the menu. Took me 2 fucking days just to find Skirmish mode. I literally thought the game launched without single player. And the army painter is fucking annoying.
>here, watch this column go up and down every time you wanna switch units
>>375960098
Wendy's recently had a scandal about being neonazis. Now /pol/ thinks it's /ourfastfood/
>>
File: IMG_1430.jpg (246KB, 1637x926px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1430.jpg
246KB, 1637x926px
>>375958070

It's not a bad game though. Several anons have already disagreed with you among many other threads on release. Or are you foolishly trusting the hi/v/emind and RedditReviews?
>>
>>375960098
smug anime is a marketing technique i can get behind, better then this shit OP is doing. Baiting people and making them angry just to stir up discussion.
>its not a moba
>its not a moba
>its not a moba
fuck they have to chant this over and over or they dont get paid i dont know.
>>
I liked the game, but the delay before units actually react to your commands make it a fucking pain to play. It's no joke a full second.

The pacing is kind of fucked too with escalation, the increase in income from 2 to 3 is way too big and makes it feel awkward
>>
>>375960252
>its retarded guys. don't question me on this.
>>
I'll check it out when there's more content or it's on sale.
>>
>tfw it's starcraft 2 with a few extra bits and bobs
I hate Starcraft 2. I want to play Dawn of War, not starcraft
>>
DOW2 SALES

10 Weeks Total: 146193

DOW3 SALES:

First Week: 153123

DOW3 is beating DOW2 in 1/10th of the time.
>>
>>375960247
Sure kid, please tell me more about my life. What am i wearing right now? am i a boy or a girl? Im sure you know all about why im not buying a bad game. Its not liek there was a open beta or anything

>>375960448
150k units sold and the 15 or so unique posts saying its bad vs the 3 guys saying its good and name calling.

You got me senpai, i didn't account for the "my opinion is always correct" fallacy under which you labor. I guess youre right ill go but 5 copys right now!
>>
>>375957379
Game has its flaws. I still love it. Dow 3 is great.
>>
>>375960981
>a shit game is is selling better than another shit game
I don't understand your point.
>>
>>375958464
>MOBA
>>
>>375959783
I'd agree with you to a certain extent, that SOME small unit splat, and longer larger unit death animations in combination with interval-based "criticial" attacks on some heroes do to a certain extent resemble sync kills.

The combat is pretty visually appealing, and I think in some sense, slightly more 'representative' of the 40k universe in terms of the massive meatgrinder battle style.

Like I'd say 3 is more about the average motherfuckers getting killed every second on the front lines while a few truly titanic godlike beings stride above obliterating dozens of the enemy with every single swing, while 1 and 2 was about equipping and commanding a handful of scrappy irregulars against insurmountable odds and coming out on top. It's one thing to attack-move your elite through a massive cluster of t1 enemy infantry, but it's just not AS satisfying to wipe out 7 MEQ squads with your 2 by superior planning and execution.
>>
>>375958273
it's shit
>>
>>375960660
What the hell is escalation?
>>
>>375957379
>It's almost completely the same as two different games

Neat
>>
>Stats on Dawn of War Series
>Highest Peak

Dawn of War Dark Crusade: 2259
Dawn of War Soulstorm:3245
Dawn of War 2: 4274
Dawn of War 2 Retribution: 6617

Dawn of War 3: 25587
>>
>>375961883
>that shill with the highest peak stats every thread

Yeah no wonder dow1 has shitty steam peaks when it was ported to steam years after the multiplayer was already dead

Thats why i hate your shitty peak numbers post every single time
>>
>>375961883
>lets compare a game made today with a game made 15 years ago before steam was even a thing

wew lad
>>
Ignore sales number shills its the only defense they have the game is shit
PINK SHIRT PLEDGE
>>
>>375961982
>>375962068
Retribution was released on Steam.
>>
>>375958273
>let troglodytes brigade
>>375958362
>Just another lazy troglodyte

Troglodyte is such a specific insult, almost like it's the same person sperging about it.

To add to the DoW3 discussion, i enjoyed dow1 and 2 and the UA and elite mods, i like both for different reasons, 1 for the scale, mods and race variety and 2 for the more faithful, more engaging small scale combat. With DoW3 i just see the effort of a bunch of interns pretending to know how to make a relic game.

It's just so cheap looking and the moba influences are big red flags, the escalation mechanic is just retarded and treats their players like children
>"ok you can capture resources now"
>"now upgrade to tier 2!"
>"by now you should get an elite up anon, very good!"

I don't know why they couldn't call it something else, if this was called Warhammer 40k Battlegrounds or something like that pepople wouldn't keep bringing up DoW1 and 2
>>
>>375962358
Was it steam exclusive or did it have a non steam version too?

Else you cant really compare anything

Also DoW1 and its addon are 100% silly to list in that comparison
>>
>>375962512
Steam.
>>
File: IMG_1325.jpg (66KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1325.jpg
66KB, 1024x576px
>>375960495

>they're all shills who don't agree with me

>>375960994
Ahem...

>>375960981
>>375960660
>>375960252
>>375959783
>>375961443
>>375961553
>>375961883
>>
>>375962398
DOW2 had upkeep you mongoloid, confirmed ofr never playing DOW2.
>>
>DOW2

-GFWL release fucked over multiplayer for ages.
-One race single-player campaign.
-Suppression so ridiculously strong, Ork, Nids and Eldar forced to use their teleport hero in multi to be competitive.
-Marines were tac spam with medic hero.
-Squad mechanics so unbalanced that marines, with very few units in a squad could literally let a tac go to 50% and heal up via medic and lose no effectiveness
-Vehicles so abysmally slow you only used transport to reinforce your squad
-99% of wargear was useless, so having this 'moba' element in DOW2 was useless.
-Suppression units having 45 degree+ arc in small 3 lane maps meant it was impossible to use flanking as a maneuver so Relic designed teleport units and hero's to make up for it.
-Game devolved into layered suppression platforms that were countered by multi-teleport units.

I can accept people wishing for some DOW1 campaign mechanics.

But you must be one godam fucking retard to ever say DOW2 is a better game, that was a trainwreck of epic proportions.
>>
>>375962684
>Escalation=Upkeep
One you can control, the other has an artificial timer
>>
>>375962628
>look at all these people agreeing with me!
>unique posters only goes up when some guy pops into the thread to say its shit and leaves

haha, >>375962684
here is the trogladite/monglanoid guy again! So many people love this game!
>>
>Need to farm skulls to earn all elites and other multiplayer functions in order to be equal to other players who already have them
>For each faction
Irredeemable.

Whoever decided that artificial-progression mechanics was more important than Day-1 equal footing in multiplayer should be shot.

They doomed their own fucking game. The game would have to be the greatest game every made in the history of gaming to convince me to even TRY it from that starting position.

Did they fucking give players everything in the beta? Did they fucking fool open beta testers into thinking that you're going to have all that shit when you buy it. Did they tell you it was all going to be locked behind that shitty skull-store system? Doesn't matter. Fucking horseshit.
>>
>>375962989
well that's the kinda shit that happens when sega is involved and you need to pad your one game mode
>>
>>375962989
uh I think they just assumed people will play campaign first before jumping to multiplayer. campaign gives you quite a lot of skulls, enough to buy important shit for multi.
>>
I like the multiplayer, the only issue i have is the fucking delay between clicking and actions being carried out, sometimes you'll activate an ability and the unit cant path to where you want it to activate it so nothing happens.

I fucking hate the campaign though, the ending was the most absolute trash fanfiction ever. 40k is not about working together, friendship, teamwork etc. Gorgutz was the only well written part of the fucking campaign.
>>
>>375957379
Nah fuck off Relic. Go make me CoH 3. Don't forget to add cover, base/emplacement building and asymmetrical maps ya cunts. Also lose the call ins.
>>
>>375963318
You can't prove that it's Sega's fault. We'll never know whose fault it is. So I don't think it's fair to level a criticism at Sega until we know.

But we won't know. But as far as I'm concerned I don't give a fuck. Whoever's fault it is doesn't change the fact that the fault is there and it's that shit decision (amongst many others I assure you) that has poisoned the entire game.

>>375963393
No, there's no excuse to expect someone to play the campaign before they play multiplayer. Sure, people who go straight to multiplayer often shit up the game but that's entirely a different issue. This issue here is that someone new doesn't have the same tools as someone who has experience playing the game, which is shit motivation for anybody to play the game knowing that in order to "learn" how to play they have to play with less options in regards to equipment. Would you force a new golfer to learn fucking golf without a fucking 9-iron?
>>
>>375957379
The game feels too barebones to me, maybe'll it'll get less moba-esque with the expansion.
>>
I'm having fun with it
>>
>>375957379
I enjoy it, having fun so far, definetly better than dow 2 in my opinion. It has some issues though, like the fucking menu, it feels so fucking laggy and clunky. Also needs more maps and one or two more races, something like tau maybe. Definetly good base, needs more content which i hope will come. Can we not bash rts games ? it's not perfect, but I've had enough of fucking mobas and fps dominating the game industry.
>>
>>
>>
can someone tell me if scott mcneil is at all in this game?
>>
>>
>>375964578
>frying eldar
excellent.
>>
>tfw using the kommando to shit on ASM spammers
>>
>>
>>375964773
N-NANI!?!?
>>
>>375964578
>Flamers slow and burn eldar to cinders.

Holy shit i didn't know flamers were so good.
>>
>>375964578
>center of the flame emites ultraviolet
nice.
>>
>>375964367
>>375964478
>>375964578
>>375964678
>>375964773
Was looking into this game.

It looks smoother and better then DOW2, what was everyone complaining about?
>>
>Full price game with a handful of maps
>Only three races on release when the first game ten years ago had four races

It's almost like they fucking had to rush this poor game out.

I heard that it went through a few iterations, and this is what it turned out as.
>>
Which are the best elites and doctrines for da orks?
>>
>>375964578
Shame you have to kill at least 2 eldar to really feel satisfied. Maybe you'll get that other squad next game.
>>
Also the escalation system is complete and total bullshit.

Why do you need some artificial timer to control how many resources players get? What sort of nonsense is this?
>>
WHERE IS A TORRENT FOR THE GAME?

I'm not going to buy this game yet until I think it's worthy of a $60 price tag or not.
>>
>>375964159
>>375964367
>>375964478
>>375964578
>>375964678
>>375964773
This is honestly better then anything ive seen from DOW2 gameplay.
>>
>>375957379
It's a fucking MOBA. Now fuck right off.
>>
>>375965214

depends on what you're going for

right now stormboyz, weirdboy, warboss are the most popular in 1v1, other popular choices are kommand and meganobz (mainly for the boyz chanting shield)

stormboyz grant an ability to trukks that allows the to catapult a kamikaze stormboy, it's op as fuck

as for doctrines you can either focus on nobz and get their bulletins or the killa kan unguided rokkit, also if you want to use shootas at all get the lots of bombz
>>
>>375957379
It lost its soul. Its not dawn of war, no cover, no glory kills, no real flavor. Its made to cater to the wrong crowd, nothing for the fans of the series. Also the SP is beyond trash and DoW has normally had a pretty good SP, DoW2 had a great one.
>>
>>375965121
the game engine itself is the best there's ever been for DoW.

The number of units per race is also excellent with tons of variety.

The number of races is shit
The controls are still a bit shit
The story is unsalvageable Orks aside.
Everybody plays Space Marines in multiplayer.
Theres only 1 game mode so far

I'd say this game is a good buy at 30 dollars, but its fucking inexcusable for them to charge 60 for it. I really enjoyed the multiplayer beta and bought it based off that, if i'd known how short the campaign was and how awful the "power of teamwork" story was i'd just have waited. But i'm a git and bought it.
>>
How's the VA and music?
>>
>>375965345

to avoid games dragging on?
>>
>>375964948
This has literally never been funny
>>
File: 1417017564800.jpg (14KB, 433x323px) Image search: [Google]
1417017564800.jpg
14KB, 433x323px
>>375957379
>unironically using the worst elite in the game when you already have the Weirboy equipped
>Gorkanaut instead of Morkanaut
>>
>>375965521

I've played every single dow to date and this SP is vastly superior to the DoW 2 one, espeically the vanilla and retribution ones, chaos rising was the only half decent campaign
>>
>>375965526
I actually think the campaign is leagues better then DOW2 'one race' campaign.

DOW1 can compete because it had epic bantz.
>>
>>375965546
I don't know anon it's funny to me
>>
Just playing the game and gotta chime in.

The walker animations are pretty amazing i have to say, they really nailed the elegance of the Eldar super-walkers.
>>
>>375965754
Good to know reddit.
>>
its really bad. only got to mission 6 on campaign on hard before giving up, its not even hard, the enemy barely even attacks you so you can just sit and build whatever you want for guaranteed win

every multiplayer match is the same.

BORING. regret spending £40 on it
>>
>>375965669
so the whole "oh angelos i know i was just trying to kill you but you me and gorgutz have to team up to take on a big mean daemon!". "oh also you need to tell your battle barge to crash land into the planet, and tell them that you did it because an eldar told you to with no justification for why, and that you did it after 2 seconds of deliberation."
>>
>>375965929
You gotta be a bit more subtle with the bait, my man.
>>
File: IMG_5388.jpg (251KB, 1058x1058px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5388.jpg
251KB, 1058x1058px
>>375957379
>fuck you for not liking this
>there is nothing wrong with it
>it's almost completely the same as DoW1 and 2, you just don't like the colors and backflips
>all of your complaints aren't real issues
>you murdered this game in its crib

The best part about this game's release is reading /v/.
>>
>>375965774

You know what's funny

I remember shitters complaining in comments about the wraithknight being able to jump, when they fucking jump in the tabletop
>>
>>375965539
and yet league of legends is the most played game in existence
>>
>>375966010
no he's right its fucking stupid. For the last space marine mission you can literally sit in your base for 2 hours building requisition and then mass an army to win.

See the more units you have the less requisition you get over time until it just stops, so the game encourages you to just build up all your requisition at the start.
>>
>>375965970

Dauntless is the strike cruiser, they already lost their battle barge

Also Angelos already unleashed the demon when Macha told him not to strike the maledictum, so he had reason to trust her
>>
>>375965369
if more of the game was like that it'd be fine, but escalations and turrets mess up the small scale micro and pace
>>
>>375965970
>40k autists treat their setting seriously
>It was mostly a parody and satire when it began.

When 40K community took its child game seriously is when the community went to shit.
>>
File: dawn of war.png (3MB, 1624x2423px) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war.png
3MB, 1624x2423px
>>375957379
>>
>>375966190
there's a difference between not taking things seriously and fucking the story's dead corpse. this story is Heart of the Swarm tier cringe.
>>
>>375966151
Angelos didn't unleash the daemon. The fucktarded inquisitor opened the door by orbital striking the planet, and then the big faggy sparkly eldar and gorgutz actually let him out.
>>
The campaign is leagues better then DOW2 and DOW1 except it didn't have shit-talking.

Eldar and Ork really stole the show, but then they've been able to do those two races really well for awhile.

>Macha: Hmm this prophecy seems fishy but better not say anything
>Jain Zar: Stop being a little bitch.

>Eldar: We follow Taldeers prophecy
>Taldeer: YOUR PROPHET FINDS YOU WANTING.

Jain zar was pretty cool and i thought she would be pretty boring.
>>
>>375966571
Macha was your generic mary-sue and nothing she did was at all interesting or entertaining. Just whining about her stupid prophecy and telling all the other races to trust and believe in her because she knows whats best for them, and complaining that her boss isnt taking her seriously.

The orks were pretty much perfect though.
>>
>>375966537

Dude did you even fucking play dow1?
>>
>>375966784
>implying Macha isn't best waifu 5ever
>>
>>375966784

The orks made me laugh so hard this time

I think the weakest part was the eldar, mostly because how ballcrushingly frustrating their missions were, the wraithknight one was great though, even if it was the hardest mission in the game
>>
>>375966945
the dumb part about the wraithknight one was that the static defenses provided to you were not a good idea to use and hiding in them was a sure way to get fucked.

The best way to do that mission was to constantly run your blob of units up to each gateway as they opened and kill the spawning units, not defend your base with static emplacements.
>>
W H E R E S T H E T O R R E N T
>>
>>375966537

He's talking about Dawn of War 1 campaign, the last mission has the blood ravens team with the eldar trying to stop the alpha legion sorcerer Sindri from turning into a daemon prince, at the end Macha tells Angelos not to destroy the daemon artifact but Angelos ignores her and fucks everything up by releasing a daemon of khorne
>>
>>375967080
D E N U V O
>>
>>375967392
>Implying I know wtf that is.
>>
>>375967448
It means you'll never get a torrent.
>>
>>375967159
Oh yeah I misread that, thanks.

Angelos was STILL in the right back during DoW 1 because you DO NOT listen to anything the eldar say because they're always out to fuck everybody else over eventually. The eldar place more value in 1 eldar's life than the entire planet's population of humans.
>>
>Missed the open beta
>No demo
>No crack

How long until a free weekend lads?
>>
File: dow3-marine.jpg (121KB, 1096x539px) Image search: [Google]
dow3-marine.jpg
121KB, 1096x539px
>>375967159
GABRIEL SMASH
>>
>>375957379
I heard the campaign is pretty trash. that's why I played these games.
>>
>>375967805
yes Gabriel very good. here have another purity seal.
>>
>>375960252
>Those aren't the reason I played
Well, you have shit taste than. Cause those look like several of the reasons I played DoW1
>>
>>375960981
>DoW2
That other non RTS DoW game? Just stop trying to sell a non RTS game as RTS. It'll just get shit on for being the wrong genre.
>>
>>375967805
>isn't voiced by doctor doom
sad
>>
>>375957379
Yeah no. Its shite.

Sales are dropping like mad so thank god it failed. Maybe next time they will make a good game.
>>
>>375965606

You forget that Stormboyz got that doctrine that basically turns Trukks into quick-deploy high damage ISIS Artillery.
>>
>>375957379
>Take supcom or coh
>put on a 40k skin

THIS
ISNT
FUCKING
HARD

YOU
SHIT
FUCKING
DEVS
>>
>>375962562
>Not exclusive
I bought me and my friends the original DoW through dark crusade. We all thought it was amazing till that bullshit air unit expansion.
>>
>>375968337

Don't hold your breath. You'll be playing this game soon.
>>
>>375965538
music is kind of cool, but also gets a bit repetitive with its droning synth sounds. I like the ork and eldar themes.I wish the space marine one had kept the organs more predominant like it was in that one preview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J3VUAtBuro

Voice acting is pretty bad compared to its predecessors. It's not just that the voice actors are worse or put in less effort, but also the lines are more generic and convey less flavor.
>>
File: 1483282659093.jpg (19KB, 478x571px) Image search: [Google]
1483282659093.jpg
19KB, 478x571px
>>375958273
Of course no one takes opinions on /v/ serious. I need to admit that I still can't say which one are trolling and which are actually retarded, but nothing on here can be taken seriously. If you want to be shit on and get a headache you come here and """""""DISCUSS""""""" games.
>>
File: IMG_11092013_144803.png (100KB, 288x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11092013_144803.png
100KB, 288x250px
>>375957379
>or even remotely a MOBA.
>>
>>375967653
Very unlikely. Crack will also take a while because le denuvo faec.
>>
>>375968229

Not him but what other RTS comes close to DoW3's numbers? CoH2?
>>
>>375968461
Na i wont be

Ill keep playing 1 and 2 since they are fun.

3 wont survive 3 months anyway. Waste of money.
>>
>>375968376
But you can use that as an army doctrine and take a better elite instead.
>>
>>375968584

>2

Whatever opinion you might have held is invalidated

Dawn of War 2 is an abortion that should have never happened
>>
>>375967514
Didn't they say the same thing for a lot of games but they still got cracked?
>>
What PS2 game is in OP's screenshot?
>>
>>375968523
All of the major ones beat it
>>
>>375968523
Have you ever played starcraft 1 or 2?

How about SupCom?
>>
>>375968642
I would have agreed until something worse like 3 came along

2 is now good by virtue of not being the horrendous mess thay 3 is. 3 is literally one of the worst RTS games of all time.
>>
>>375965631
Its the most basic "kill em all" SP I saw since original DoW1 campaign.
How it is better than DoW2 RPG mode?

Why people rate RTS on SP anyway?
>>
>>375968672

Like?

SC2 is literally the only "major" RTS left, and I put it in quotations because it can't even manage to get on the twitch frontpage anymore

RTS are dead, DoW 3 numbers are excellent for a full price RTS
>>
>>375968772
Because you underage faggot; campaign and coop v ai is more popular in rts than pvp

Thats why these wanna be esport games keep failing. SC2 has the esport scene period. No other game will steal the koreans but they keep trying and failing like dow3 has.
>>
>>375968764

No, I've played 2

2 is not even a strategy game, I don't know what to call it, a battle arena tactics game?

>>375968772

I don't rate them on SP but dow 2 had horrible SP, doing the same map over and over and over again and with only one faction on top of that
>>
>>375968796
All the older major RTS games got more sales than this

Actually retwrded you couldnt figure that out yourself. No more replies for you.
>>
>>375957379
>t. never played and RTS before
>>
>>375968982

>All the older major RTS games got more sales than this

Are you dumb? All the older major RTS went through massive sales

You could pick up forged alliance for 2 euros
>>
>>375968891
>popular
Who cares about skilless shitters?
>>375968939
That was only in Retribution.
Nobody complained about this in Dark crusade or Soulstorm, but I guess it's ok when DoW1 does this.
>>
What was that op Jonah killteam combo some anons found during the beta?
>>
>>375969080

>That was only in Retribution.

Actually it wasn't because retribution you could play more than one race, still same maps though

I'm talking about vanilla

Also the only decent DoW1 campaigns are the winter assault ones
>>
>>375968796
>RTSs are now dead
>Blizzard will never even attempt a Warcraft 4 and will laugh all the way to the bank with muh Overshit and F2P WoW for all eternity
>the best we may get is some half hearted attempt at a Starcraft 3 with in-game purchases

It hurts...
>>
>>375968417
damn shame
well to be fair dow 2 was more CoH
>>
>>375957379
It's called quality control, we exercise it however we want.
>>
RTS campaigns are usually garbage. The DoW 3 campaign is mediocre but it's still better than the original DoW campaign and any of the DoW 2 campaigns. The DoW 2 campaign was ridiculously awful.
>>
>>375958273
>/v/ is slowly turning on the whole "it's shit" mentality
a new golden age ahead?
>>
>>375969856

Fuck off, you post is shit
>>
>>375969760
Fuck you
DoW2 SP was great for making different builds and testing OP combinations
>>
>>375969760
all the dow2 campaigns were fun
>>
Uh, your playerbase dropping from 25k to 6k in a week is NOT good.

I think Battleborn had way more players around that time and it was directly competing with Overwatch.
>>
>>375970101

said no one ever, the only one I could stomach was the Chaor rising one since it didn't force me to replay the same map 20 fucking times
>>
>>375970124
It happens to every RTS that's not Starcraft. CoH and CoH 2 had an even bigger drop. Most people play the campaigns and move on.
>>
>>375970124

only mp people keep playing RTS after the campaign
>>
>>375968612

What other better elite for 1v1? Orks have no other 2 point elite drop, unless you want to get fucked by deathwatch pushing your shield gen and fucking you with op asm power swords you need to have a 2 drop
>>
>>375970284

Yeah, but almost 75% of its playerbase dropping? For a multiplayer game? That's not good.
>>
>>375958273
You don't dissect turds, dumbass. You throw them into the garbage.,
>>
How come Ironmaw and Stormboyz don't benefit from the infantry upgrades? They could really use it.
>>
>>375972046

all elites don't

it's the reason why early elites get raped by normal units lategame
>>
>Gorgutz has a claw
>ever actually uses the claw part and just smashes people with it
Why even have a claw then? It could have just been a big slab of iron and it'd be just as effective. At least in DoW 1 and 2 sync kills ensured a big claw would be used to pick up smaller units and thrash them around violently.
>>
>>375967528
As opposed to the blood ravens, who are pretty much heretics on the go. Trying to stay one step ahead of the inquisition trying to nuke them
>>
>>375972753

Probably because it can't grapple things without it?
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.