[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1402834371-tales-of-zestiria.jpg (933KB, 2541x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1402834371-tales-of-zestiria.jpg
933KB, 2541x1075px
I don't understand why this JRPG series is so popular. They look and sound like Saturday morning anime shows for kids.

Is it because Sony fans don't have any better JRPG to choose from?

I mean, the Xenoblade series is on Nintendo consoles so I guess PS3/4 JRPG fans have no choice but to pick from the bottom of the barrel.
>>
A lot of people started with Symphonia, which introduced them to the whole "bad guys aren't necessarily evil", which is a lot more appealing than "he's bad, take him down".

And there's it's signature battle system, which is probably one of the best in the entirety of JRPGs.
>>
>>375957461
>probably one of the best in the entirety of JRPGs.
I know that's your opinion, not damn that actually made me laugh. It's not a bad system, but I personally don't think it's that great.
>>
File: IMG_20170504_222734.jpg (118KB, 675x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_222734.jpg
118KB, 675x755px
>>375957461
I just don't understand.

Why is the bottom game more popular than the top game? Xenoblade's world looks much more expressive and detailed.
>>
File: ds2eu_thumb.jpg (36KB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
ds2eu_thumb.jpg
36KB, 324x244px
>>375957129
>They look and sound like Saturday morning anime shows for kids.
That's 95% of JRPGs, dude.
>>
>>375957697
Because Tales is fun to play, even if the stories are mediocre at best. It doesn't matter how good the game looks or how compelling the story is if it plays like dogshit.
>>
File: Are-you-a-wizard2.jpg (17KB, 360x336px) Image search: [Google]
Are-you-a-wizard2.jpg
17KB, 360x336px
>>375957129

>JRPGS are like anime
>>
>>375957129
Jrpg drought from last gen made it popular.

The games have pretty bad gameplay, at least for Zestiria and Berseria(haven't played Vesperia and people don't say many good things about Xilia) but it's still more playable than the shitfest that was XIII
>>
>>375957825

And yet western RPGs sell millions, I just dont get it
>>
>>375957129
>They look and sound like Saturday morning anime shows for kids.
>I only play mature games for mature gamers such as myself
>>
>>375957129
Tales has been on consoles other than Sony, come the fuck on. In fact, the Gamecube game has one of the biggest followings in the West.
>>375957697
Tales is more fun to play. And it's also available on more systems.

But you don't actually care about any of this, do you OP? You just want to shitpost.
>>
>>375957817
So what about this?
https://youtu.be/5fKSFJdp5Tk

Feels quite mature in tone.
>>
>>375957996
Western RPGs are backed by fuckhuge companies and have advertising up the ass. Meanwhile JRPGs are made with much smaller budget, and also receive less advertising, as are most other Japanese games. When people were reviewing Yakuza 0, plenty of people noted that it "feels like a videogame", which speaks volumes about expectations of western audience.
>>
>>375958131
Have you only seen romance comedies set in school? That scene is anime as fuck, watch some mecha series.
>>
>>375958131
Oh, yeah, way more mature than this, the latest Tales game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCHyXbw8WJs
>>
>>375957920

god anon at least get a picture of another guy that has his eyes spaced out like the original meme. I mean if you're gonna be a faggot and meme do it right
>>
>>375958337
Still, it feel more serious in tone.
>>
>>375958441
I can't even take it seriously because of the cheesy dub.
>>
>>375958524
Are you stupid?
>>
>>375958638

Then watch it in Japanese you picky retard.
>>
>>375958441
The whole thing sounds geeky as fuck. Some of those lines are pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>375958638
It's not any less cheesy in Japanese.
>>
>>375958793
Tales is the kind of JRPG where dialogue such as "I will devour the hatred of this chaos to purify the darkness of calamity of the souls!" happens.

The dialogue in those games is hilarious.
>>
>>375957129
why do people like this always have their posts devolve into passive aggressive shit?
>>
>>375957697
Because velvet and the rest of the cast carry this game, the story is good too. X2 doesn't even have a release date yet.
>>
>>375957129

Tales is actually fairly niche, Anon. It struggles to get mentioned in the same breath as Final Fantasy, DragonQuest, and Persona.

The best part of the games are the battle systems, which allowed movement and positioning far earlier than many JRPGs, and always try something new. They also have skits where you can watch the characters interact with each other over stupid shit, plot stuff, or sometimes monologues.

It suffers from the kawaii desu ne~ anime aesthetic and sub-par graphics but the games themselves are usually pretty good.

Zesty is shit though. If that was your first Tales game I'd understand why you're confused about the love for the series. Play a better Tales, like Berseria.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.