[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you have to beat the normal final boss every time you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

>you have to beat the normal final boss every time you want to attempt the secret true final boss
>>
File: 1491963923778.jpg (198KB, 730x899px) Image search: [Google]
1491963923778.jpg
198KB, 730x899px
Yep.
>>
>>375956212
Not a hard final boss to beat though once you've actually gotten to Radiance a few times.
>>
Any mods to increase the amount of notches? System feels restrictive as fuck to experimentation and overcharm is never worth it.
>>
anybody else feel like the white palace or whatever isn't that difficult a level, it's just made really fucking annoying by the respawn delay
>>
>>375957359
I agree with you actually. Didn't even once considered to use the Hiveblood cheese, like some faglords actually used.
Same goes for the final arena trial.
>>
>>375957359
I thought it was a bit frustrating but I'm not one for precision platforming.
>>
>>375957359
OP here, frustrating but totally fair and nothing compared to super meat boy as you have an air dash and a double jump and you can bounce off sawblades, but radiance is eating my asshole alive, I've tried a few tactics and none have gotten me past phase 3
-lifeblood core quick slash and glubberfly elegy for max DPS while not having to move
-nail master charm + all lifeblood shit for just huge survivability
-combo of some lifeblood and shaman stone to try and mage him
should I go pick up the upgraded upwards soul attack or just get bettter?
>>
Why this game is so fucking long?
I just arrived at the Soul Master boss, already died two times but i think i got how to beat him, but i am now noticing that i'm going trough all this Soul area, that is the most hard area in the game so far, only because some door was closed forcing me to use another long way up.

I am close to beat this thing? The main reason why i keep going is pure curiosity about the story and lore.
>>
>>375959146
Use quick focus and deep focus together so you always heal double at a reasonable speed, every attack Radiance does deals 2 HP. Apart from that, make sure you don't get hit by the swords because that shit adds up, and take advantage of the i-frames from your dash to get through that beam of light that travels across the screen.
>>
>>375957359
It's weird I found it pretty difficult my first time through but when I replayed the game last week I breezed through the place no problem. There are so many neat little shortcuts you can take with proper pogo jumping.
I think what it comes down to is that it's way more intimidating than it is actually difficult.
>>
>>375959146
Yeah, if you haven't already go get the black scream of souls. That + shaman stone tears radiance a new asshole. It's actually ridiculous how much damage that spell does if all the hits connect.
>>
>>375956212
He's not that hard (which is sort of the point considering he is unwillingly controlled by the infection and stabs himself to try to remove it, then helps you kill radiance later on).

Hardest boss in the game for me was Failed Champion, so much shit on the screen to deal with and I didn't have Shadow Dash
>>
>>375959872
>>375960101
OP here, was on the last phase of the boss fight where you have to climb and was on 2 lifeblood hearts, got fucking killed by the goddamn beam, I don't think I need anything else, I'll try the fight again, I seem to do fine with full lifeblood + nailmaster
>>
File: unknown.png (329KB, 1344x207px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
329KB, 1344x207px
>white palace is a super secret super tough level
>Its purely platforming with basically no tough enemies to speak of
What a shame
>>
>>375960581
Third challenge in the coliseum can be kind of tough. Too bad you don't even get a unique reward from it.
>>
OP here, he's dead, only took about 15 tries, got gud
>>
>>375956212
This was actually my largest gripe with Hollow Knight
Up until Hollow Knight the game is fucking radical. It's legit the best game I've played this year.
HOWEVER, once you start to get into completionist and true final boss territory, it takes a huge dive in quality. Completed dream roots and dream bosses don't have map icons, and neither do collected mask shards or orb fragments, making it incredibly annoying to get all of them. And to fight the final boss you have to go through Hollow Knight every time, turning what was originally a story-rich and emotionally compelling bossfight into a fucking chore.
Don't even fucking get me started on the white palace, a fucking CASTLE filled with SAWS because LMAO PLATFORMING.
What a fucking shitshow. Awful, awful game.
>>
File: 1490002268384.jpg (804KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490002268384.jpg
804KB, 1800x1200px
>>375961490
A ton of stuff changes in steel soul mode
>>
>>375961857
how so besides permadeath? also I don't plan to do steel soul yet, maybe in a few months, I'm gonna play some newer games. I'm not one to immediately go back to a game to do super hard mode right away
>>
>>375960286
go full lifeblood with the invincibility frame charm and bumrush him, after his first phase he doesnt do 2 masks of damage on contact anymore
>>
>>375961946
I haven't gotten too far in Steel Soul mode, but most notably there's a new character.
>>
Finally a Hollow Knight thread. Now let me say it, this is one of the top 3 if not the best metroidvania of all time
>>
>>375959660
Depends on what route you took.
Probably not, unless you are close to 30 hours playtime.
>>
>>375962125
OP here, definitely in my top 3
-hollow knight
-castlevania SOTN
-super metroid
I had no idea this game existed till I heard nick talking about it on the roundtable podcast and I was immediately very interested, picked it up right away and haven't stopped playing till now, the movement options and combat are so refined and fluid it doesn't feel limited by only having one weapon and no equipment unlike castlevania which has the opposite approach. this game is much more metroid than castlevania because it has the gradually upgraded main weapon instead of many that may have less depth
>>
>>375956212
pogo on head

Use badges of blue hearts (they replenish for round 2)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.