[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best PVE weapon/build in DaS3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: dlc2_16[1].jpg (151KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
dlc2_16[1].jpg
151KB, 2048x1152px
What is the best PVE weapon/build in DaS3?
>>
>>375949850
Bandit's Knife

Not fucking joking around, I beat the game on unupgraded SL1 and that knife is a fucking beast in PvE
>>
>>375950713
How does that work? What benefit does the Bandit's Knife have over something with longer reach?
>>
Can't go wrong with a long sword. Versatile move set, low requirements, can be infused and buffed. At rank 10 it won't be as powerful as an ultra greatsword but it's actually close in terms of damage and you can swing it twice as much/twice as fast. Just don't try using it in PvP, as it's easy to parry and interrupt.
>>
File: 4.jpg (167KB, 1009x568px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
167KB, 1009x568px
>Pve

Literally doesn't matter. Just use whatever weapons you like the feel of. Anything is viable.
>>
>>375949850
Heavy Dark Sword, not even joking, it's fast and hits pretty hard. But then again weapons don't matter that much and sometimes it's better to use certain infusions to play to boss's weaknesses (e.g. black knight weapons for demons)
>>
>>375949850
Im a str faith bigdaddy with dragonslayer axe. I can just bully everything and everyone, ringed knights are permastaggered for example. Damage is pretty good too
>>
>>375952018
Yeah, I saw a webm of that build actually, it looks pretty strong.
>>
>>375949850
Anything that has poise on it
So basically, Greatswords and up (weapon class weight)

Seriously, just facetanking and stunlocking everything is makes the game trivial
>>
>>375952186
I just started getting back into Ds3 and I'm doing the DLC starting with the Ashes one, I'm having a pretty tough time against those new big knights. Can't find a parry window or anything, and I don't think facetanking them is a good idea
>>
Literally any weapon is viable. Longswords are pretty vestatile

Also most builds are viable except if you put points in retarded stats.

I've beaten the game as pure STR(60), pure DEX(60), quality (40/40 str dex), pure FTH(60), pure INT(60), pyromancer (40/40 fth int), 50str30fth....

whatever the fuck you want
>>
Something with bleed. Bleed is amazing PvE.
>>375951983
Dark Sword used to be pretty awesome, but it was nerfed.
>>
Whip
>>
>>375952361
Parry attempts are punished brutally in DaS3, so it's far safer to tank

You can tank the Ringed Knights fine, though don't tank more than one hit, if you're not stunlocking them (usually when they have poise during attacks) just roll away and try again
>>
File: srslynigga.jpg (33KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
srslynigga.jpg
33KB, 580x435px
>>375949850
>He needs to optimal build to kill retarded AI
>>
>>375952510
Hm, alright
I was using a fast weapon but I guess I can use the Black Knight Greatsword then
>>
>>375951802
Speed, low stamina consumption, and bleed
>>
>>375952361
You can just circle and backstab like most of the humanoid enemies.
>>
>>375952896
I keep forgetting that bleed is OP. Thanks.
>>375952953
Yeah, I should probably try that more often too.
>>
>>375952851
It feels really "cool" and rewarding to kill stuff with quick weapons yes, but it's objectively harder. If you can't stunlock it to death expending your entire stamina bar, then it's not worth it

Bigger weapons just have more damage, more stagger and give you poise/hyperarmor, so there's basically no downside to them in PvE unless you have little health
>>
>>375949850

Whatever in STR and Dex, black knight shield and a longsword or other straight sword of your liking and then mash R1 and block and back off and do it over and over.

Works just as well for PvP, so you can become a tryhard youtuber that gets money for uploading videos of you doing the same two strikes with a longsword!
>>
>>375949850
So why did he decide to go to the end of the world and kill all of humanity, even if he wouldn't get the pigment for some retarded kid?
Also, what happened to the world outside of the ringed city after time fastforwarded?
>>
>>375949850
Black Knight Sword and Hollowslayer Greatsword will chew everything in PVE and can be used with a comfy shield like Black Knight Shield for having the weapon arts
>>
>>375953662
The DLC has like no closure, so we have no idea.
>>
>>375953662

The time did NOT fastforward, the Ringed City wast kept in stasis through a spell cast by Fillianore. By waking her, or interrupting it, or breaking that sphere, im not sure, the spell stops and the time catchs up with the rest of the world.
>>
>>375950713
bandits knife surprised me
I fully upgraded it on a whim because I had heaps of upgrade materials
it wasn't my main but I always had it on me and sometimes I'd switch to it for certain situations and just keep going with it because of how good it was
>>
>>375953662
He had to get the pigment so the painter can make a new world, he likely went mad along the way, they guy was alive/undead since even the age of lords so give him a break
>>
>>375954369
How do you build for it
>>
File: 91864.png (76KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
91864.png
76KB, 512x512px
>>375949850
Hi.
>>
File: Hand-Axe.png (54KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Hand-Axe.png
54KB, 512x512px
The destroyer of worlds PvE and PvP alike
>>
>>375949850
My great axe playtrhough was fucking easy and fun as fuck.
>>
Straight Longsword

Kinda sad that this is true
>>
Ledo's Greathammer crushes everything in it's path
>>
File: file.png (61KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
61KB, 512x512px
>>375954995
>that axe
>good
The amount of i-frames and recovery cancel you get with the quickstep is absolutely disgusting.
Literally impossible to hit unless you horribly mistime them on purpose
>>
>>375949850
40/40 STR/faith build. You get similar damage to a quality build, access to heavy shields and miracles buffs and healing. You can also use offencive miracles but the builds mainly just aimed at buffs and healing. Wolnirs holy sword and sunlight straight sword are your main weapons. Only go attunment so you have 3 spell slots. Rest in vit after you have 40/40 in health and endurance. Rings are prisoners chain, havel ring, favor ring and last slot is whatever. If you go for PVP then sage ring +2 might be good for offencive heal foolery.
>>
>>375955150
Curved swords are slightly better but the diffrence is almost ignorable.
>>
>>375949850
Millwood Axe
>>
>>375949850
>What is the best PVE weapon/build in DaS3?

I liked Irithyll Straight Sword
>>
>>375955973
That's still technically quality
>>
>>375956565
You need to 2hand a curved sword to get the best moveset, straightswords are best utilized 1handed, which means you can also use a shield
besides, straightswords will tear right through PvP AND PvE, while curved swords' slashing damage type is trash against some PvE enemies
>>
>design a 40/40 quality build
>look at damage with different infusions
>sharp and heavy do more damage than refined every single time, with half the investment
Quality is a meme, go strength or dex and don't look back.
>>
>>375949850

Gael's Greatsword, or Bonfire Sword. :^)
>>
>>375953942
>The DLC has like no closure, so we have no idea.
I didn't like that part at all. If you're gonna end the series (for now) fucking end it.
>>
>>375952896
You forgot to mention high critical modifier.
>>
>>375954808
Full dex
>>
Guys I need a massive fucking edgelord build.

What weapon and armor, when combined with that holding your fist in the air emote will garner the most hatemail?
>>
>>375954995
I used that in Dark Souls II and it was shit
>>
>>375959551
It's soulsborne. Everything is full edgelord.
>>
>>375959551
Full Darkwraith set + Bloodlust + pyromancy hand with Black Flame
>>
Brigand Twidaggers are my fav weapon. You can staggerlock to death everything if you get just one hit in and it's cool seeing your guy flail with his daggers lika a madman.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.