[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is early access still a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: dayz_beta.png (761KB, 803x623px) Image search: [Google]
dayz_beta.png
761KB, 803x623px
why is early access still a thing?
>>
>>375948672
It's a good thing for games that are actually being developed, but I can barely name those. Only Factorio comes to mind, the guys are very dedicative to interacting with their community.
>>
Idiots still pay for it.
>>
Because you fucking idiots keep paying companies to help them fix their game; when they should be paying YOU to do that. Publishers turned the dynamic around to save money and ignorant twats ate it up because they still think it just means they get to play a game before everyone else does and that makes them feel special. They completely gloss over the fact that they're wasting their time on a broken, unplayable mess and by the time it's even fully released they'll have already had enough of the game.

tl;dr: Morons pay full price for the shittiest version of a game.
>>
>>375949120
this
>>
>>375948950
their development slowed like crazy and they fell into the trap of hiring more people to do less work, but they have been bugfixing and tweaking the SHIT out of .15 at a rate i would have never expected, so now i don't know what to think
>>
Does this mean I can refund the alpha now?
>>
Why the fuck did day z fail bros?
>>
>>375948950
And Rust. Rust actually gets updated every Thursday.
>>
The only game I can see being worked on continually is Rust. It's updated pretty regularly and they're open when they fuck up. Seems to be the only good example I can think of.
>>
>>375949375

they had everything going for it and still managed to fuck it all up.

pretty impressive.
>>
>>375949375
Rocket decoded adding in cosmetics at the start was more important than fixing the game.

Then he decided to revamp the entire melee system from.scratch.

Then he got bored or something and left and passed it to the next guys to fix everything who then decided to revamp.major parts of the engine itself
>>
>>375949351
Of course, since beta isn't early access. And it's months away. But yeah, you can refund it now.
>>
The guy behind Rimworld is actually doing a nice job imo.

I also hope PUBG maintains this amount of updates.
>>
Pocket Rumble never ever
>>
>>375948672
the vast majority of EA is hot garbage, there are still some acceptable ones, only ones that come to mind that get regular updates are subnautica and the forest
>>
>>375949689
>Rocket decoded adding in cosmetics at the start was more important than fixing the game.
>decoded

FUCK OFF PHONE POSTER.
>>
>>375949375
It was still using the Arma 2 Engine.

Failed from the Beginning and Arma 3 Mods like Battle Royale was grabbing more attention.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.