[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they hire me if I have no experience in retail? I need a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9001.jpg (16KB, 400x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9001.jpg
16KB, 400x213px
Will they hire me if I have no experience in retail? I need a job and I wanna do something I'm interested in.
>>
>>375948323
enjoy not having a job in like a year
>>
It's a shit place to work at, try elsewhere.
>>
>>375948323
As a previous employee, let me tell you now.

You DON'T want to work there. I worked there for a seasonal position and when they asked me to stay I left as its just a shitty place to be.
>>
>>375948323

Why do you want to work there? Not being condescending, just curious.
>>
>>375948461
Yeah shit, I don't know where you at anon, but I didn't enjoy my job much, even though it wasn't for long. Then again, I mostly had a shitty store manager. Every day where his assistant was in was way more chill. Still not sure I'd do it again.
>>
>>375948323

i tried applying there once while speaking with a manager. he thanked me for my application and said he'll get back to me (he never did)

when i returned a few weeks later, there was nothing but new girl hires and that same manager trying to flirt with one.
>>
>>375948323
well, gamestop as a company is about to die and most people say working there sucks. I would try if you really need a job but there are better places to work, anon. either way you won't be working there for long
>>
>>375948461
i had fun kinda delivering pizza for a little while but i hear this shit about them needing to harrass customers into buying or signing up for so much stupid shit or they get fired, it sounds like a nightmare
>>
>>375948323
Keep in mind that your experience working at GameStop will mostly depend on the manager who happens to be there. I've seen both chill as fuck GameStops and shitty as fuck GameStops, so keep that in mind.
Best advice I can give is to apply, and follow up on the application. It won't guarantee anything, but at least you'll be on their mind. Aside from that, don't expect anything and keep in mind that nobody gets to pick their first job. After you've been working for a few years, it gets to be a bit easier to pick and choose, but your first job is always hard as hell to find. Nobody wants to hire a kid with no experience.
>>
>something I'm interested in
there's no quicker way in retail to hate a store you once loved by getting a job there. believe me. when I was younger we all did this shit and we all grew to hate all the places we worked. not just that store. and the hate stays after you leave for something better.

this is especially true for fast food. not that you should want that kind of job anyway but everyone I've ever known to get a job at a fast food place because it's their favorite ends up instantly not being able to eat thier after seeing what goes behind the scenes.
>>
>>375948323
>will they hire me at gamestop
>no experience in retail

lol

pro tip: Gamestop doesn't give a single fuck about your video game knowledge
>>
>>375949021
given the customers 'girl gamers' are better hires from a business perspective. they don't care about guys who know their vidya. virgins are more likely to spill their spaghetti and preorder some bullshit.
>>
>>375948461
>>375948580
Any good stories?
>>
>>375949771
pretty much this. same with any retail job. it's like thinking Michael's won't hire you if you aren't up to date with different fabrics.

jow old are you OP? that's the biggest concern for someone with no experience.
>>
>>375948323
m8 if you wanna get a retail job where you can hang around vidya shit/shoot the shit with your co-workers about video games, you're much better off working at Best Buy or at the electonics department in Wal-Mart or Target
>>
>>375949520
I don't want to work with food at all solely because I don't want to get sick of food.
>>
>>375948763
I like video games.

Yeah I know. Pretty shit reason
>>
>>375950285
it's not food anyway. people only crave it because of all the additives and like being super saturated with salt to give it some flavor while making it addictive. if you quit eating it you literally go through withdrawls from the "food" and have severe cravings. after you get through that you will feel better than you have in your entire life, won't want any fast food and actually be sick of the thought. this process is shown in super size me when the first meal he eats fucking pukes but by the end of just 1 month he can't quit eating the slop.
>>
>>375949957
I'm about to be 19
>>
>tfw a lot of people shit on Starbucks
>they actually give good benefits and a decent pay compared to other places near me

I used to work there, left to focus on school. It's not too bad, a lot of work but it's nice.
>>
>>375948323
Dont do it anon. I eorked there for three years and because they know people are tripping over themselves to work there they treat their employees like shit.

Also get ready for card quotas that can cost you hours or even your job if you dont keep up.
>>
Work at Trader Joes.

Im serious, no other retail job compares.
>>
>>375950961
You near any theme parks at all?

Fantastic places for first jobs. Its fun, you're around thousands of different cuties every day having a good time on vacation, and while the pay is mediocre I'm pretty sure every theme park has free admission into the park whenever you want.

t. PA fag. used to work at Hershey Park during high school. Great place to work
>>
>>375951004
It's always the places you least expect.
Walmart seems like it would suck to work at, but they payed me decently, gave me a ton of hours, and gave decent benefits.
McDonald's, on the other hand, is an awful place to work, even with great coworkers and a fair boss. They offer benefits, but good luck getting any hours, or surviving off that shit pay.
>>
>>375950783
do you like awkward autistic little kids? if not you're gonna have a shit time.
>spoiled kids being dicks to their parents
>annoying kids yelling and crying
>awkward kids asking you questions they can find by a simple google search
sounds like hell to me
>>
>>375951265
This isn't my first job. I worked for our cities water department before this for about 9 months. I'm unemployed now and I gotta find a job somewhere soon or I'll lose my car.
>>
>lose electrician apprenticeship
>something about no dogs at work and that thing with the fusebox
>ask my friend to hook me up with a Gamestop job
>his spirit broken, he does so without resisting
>don't even have to interview because he's the intermittent manager
>last one got fired by district for stealing displays (lol)
>start working next day
>friend asks me about my dog in the storeroom
>tell him I can't just leave him in my car, it's like 90+ outside
>he sighs and goes back to organizing the 360 games
>gypsy kids come in and fuck them up so he does this like 6 times a day
>guy walks in to pick up his Persona 5 preorder
>it's in the back but I get yelled at if no one's manning the registers
>yell at my dog to grab it
>he trots out with the game in his mouth
>hand it over to the guy
>he complains about teeth marks in it
>tell him it was probably damaged in transit
>he says nothing and looks at the dog
>BARK
>shakes his head and walks out
>as he leaves I remind him to take the survey on the receipt
>friend tells me he's going to the bathroom real quick
>while he's gone I mess up the 360 games
>>
>>375952294
Kek
>>
>>375951593
This, plus r/gaming tier employees
>>
>>375950028
This
>>
>>375948323
They hire basically anyone who is stupid enough to apply.
>>
>>375950783

I like games too, but even the prospect of discounts on games wouldn't be enough for me to deal with uninformed soccer moms, little kids, and autistic manchildren.
>>
>>375955545
this

I didnt even apply, just suggested once that'd it'd be cool to work in a gamestop wither earshot of the manager and got the job

God I hated that job even if that manager was the coolest guy ever
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.