[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now is the perfect time for better 3rd party characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 26

File: br.jpg (63KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
63KB, 800x473px
- 2B
- P5MC
- Noctis
- Fury (Darksiders III)
- (Rumoured) DMC5
- Crash
- FF7R
- RE2R
- Kazuma

PASBR sold well with shitty characters, but I would buy one with this roster for sure.
>>
lmao 2cole
>>
File: PSABR2 roster.jpg (4MB, 3367x5858px) Image search: [Google]
PSABR2 roster.jpg
4MB, 3367x5858px
I hope Sony does announce a new PSASBR this E3 with a better roster. They really have a huge line-up of characters and IPs to choose from.
>>
>>375945447
>Roster improves
>Everyones still getting one touched by Raiden combos and other juggle shenanigans
>Still eventually have to deal with Sackboy Bullshit
>Parappa still has no moves
>Half the cast still has shit supers or shit ways to build meter
>Game still has the worst menus ever seen in a recent playstation game.
>>
File: kat2b.jpg (86KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
kat2b.jpg
86KB, 900x900px
>>375946695

ps3 third party roster was really bad, I guess there weren´t many good games by then.

I guess Platinum could give them 2B and have the Kat+2B team in it.
Capcom if they are doing DMC5 they would give them old Dante, and there are many games this gen: classics returning, FF and Persona returning, good action games...
>>
File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>375946984
>Raiden combos
God I hated that fucker
Pretty much everyone was playing him
>>
>>375946984
If a PSASBR2 is going to exist, they are going to straight up copy SSB's combat instead of going with the failed finishers shit of the original. The industry has proven time and time again that copying well is better than poorly taking inspiration and changing fundamentals.
>>
>>375947352
>using Spike
>partner dies
>fighting alone against two Raidens
>>
>>375947537
>take out net
>"it's time to go bananas"
>>
File: 1493830521420.png (167KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493830521420.png
167KB, 256x384px
>>375947352
Raiden was easy to deal if you know him well, same with kratos, i was playing evil coles and i was winning almost all my online match.
>>
>Suggesting all those third parties from games that were either recent or are about to come
>Not knowing this was one of the dumbest decisions of the first Sony Smash

I know that some existed for a long time ago, but still.
>>
>>375946695
They should just realize that people play the smash-up games to see the characters from games they liked as kid.
There's so many good characters they could use, and roster would be actually varied and fun. Use the game to have a celebration of Playstation, and don't try to use this just to advertise shit.
>>
>>375945447
I'm surprised kiryu wasn't in the first game, he wouldve been perfect
>>
I miss that game
>You will never wreck people's shit with Kat or Zeus again
>>
>>375945447
>needing 3rd party characters in a game about 1st party characters.

Nintendo at least had an original roster for 2 games, and even then 20+ iconic characters and a few guests is nothing.
>>
>"hey guys, wanna use scorpion? I think it's great cross promotion and might get a few more people to buy your game!"
>"naw we good cuz"

BLUNDER
>>
A sequel would still be shit if they keep the garbage floaty physics they copied from Smash Bros. Brawl. If they really want to pander to a tournament scene, they need to straight up rob shit from Melee but make it better.

I will never forgive them for making Sir Dan so shit, when they had plenty of fighting styles for him to have and plenty of shit to pick from his games and they just turned him into a slow gimmick/joke character.
>>
I liked the game, but I also have a total playtime of less than 3 hours.
>>
>>375947898

3rd party advertising isn´t bad, there are many good characters that I would like to have in a brawl game.

>>375947953

Nintendo has been recycling the same characters during decades, of course they are going to be more iconic that another company that make new IPs everytime. But I don´t care, I like the genre and I don´t have to like the Nintendo characters.
>>
>>375947953
Sony needs 3rd party characters because those defined Playstation 1. You can't fucking have Playstation fighter without Crash, Spyro or Tekken reps.
>>
>>375947953
Yeah, we all enjoyed having 8 Fire Emblem characters in SSB4WiiU. That's totally not padding the list of those 20+ "iconic" characters.
>>
>>375948207
>sonybros are THIS upset that their low brow, low quality copy failed this hard
>>
>>375948163
>3rd party advertising isn´t bad
Yeah, it's fine to have 3rd party characters, but I meant that they shouldn't do what they did with the first game again, with the them having Raiden, Donte and Big Daddy rather than characters that people associate with Playstation.
Big Daddy was particularly poor choice because first Bioshock wasn't even initially released on PS3.
>>
>>375948284
not an argument, FEfag.
>>
File: Shulk_4404.png (82KB, 211x339px) Image search: [Google]
Shulk_4404.png
82KB, 211x339px
>>375948207

Can´t discuss with nintenboys.

>>375948284

The game actually did very good despite the shitty presentation and budget. Sorry bro, not everyone has to love plumbers.
>>
>>375948163
>recycle
Nice negative connatation there. The characters are famous, so they make more games with them. IP 101
>>375948168
Then half the roster would be 3rd party, at which point why even make the game about Sony?
>>375948207
There's 4 FE characters in the base game, and FE is big in gookland, so of course they're gonna shill it. Other than that, almost all of Nintendo characters are recognizable.
>>
Who would even make it? Sony created a studio specifically to build the first game and then shut it down after it flopped.
>>
>>375948487
>The game actually did very good despite the shitty presentation and budget
No, it flopped so hard that Sony cut ties with the dev
>>
>>375947056
The worst part was both the development cycle and the contracts from the third parties. I'd much preferred Raiden as a mixed character like at the end of MGS2 (Which is his most prominent role), rather than Rising Raiden Like the character, but there's better incarnations for a cross over fighter, but of course I'd have preferred Snake to take the spot.

Dante was shot in the dick by being forced to promote DmC, The Big Daddy seemed like a bizarre inclusion and I wish we had an actual Rapture stage. There were numerous PS1 and PS2 stars missing from the roster, and while people joke about 2 coles. It was the 2 God of War characters that was the worst part of it.

Zeus being developed first cut out Arc the Lad or Abe. Both of which are much more deserving.

The game itself was a really interesting experiment, I loved the stages having crossover elements (Something that Smash Bros. really should have taken, because they have varied enough series to make that fantastic, something like Pikmin invading dreamland, knocking down Whispy Woods and Carrying him to the Onion, which replaces him as the stage centerpiece for one.)

Characters were interesting and surprisingly varied in playstyles, I didn't expect Isaac to have tank control style movement for his neutrals, etc.

The game needed better rebalancing and a way to break combos, although it is the best representation of Kratos you could ever get in a fighter. All you do is spam square square triangle to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClwEWGcR4aM

Also the OST is pretty damn good.
>>
>>375948817
>Parappa stage
>LBP music starts playing
>>
>beat em up all star game gets famous
>another company with less interesting assets decides to copy them
>isn't good
>doesn't do well

Surprise surprise. In terms of gameplay, its very similar to smash, but it still is played differently. Iirc the only way to get a kill was charging a super meter, and you couldn't fall off the stages. This was the dumbest design choice I've seen. It's like they literally asked what they could change to make it worse.
>>
>>375948163
>Nintendo has been recycling the same characters during decades
Yet they have more unique and iconic character than Sony has while "not" recycling shit as long as they can.
>>
>>375948367

They can have both, they just didn´t care enough about the game and Superbot did a pretty good job with the moveset.

>>375948614
>The characters are famous, so they make more games with them. IP 101

And they don´t have to make a lot of games with the same IPs everytime. So?

> almost all of Nintendo characters are recognizable
>recognizable =/= likeable

Again, why is this a problem? I like the genre, I rather play with Spike, Parappa or 2B than FE clones or the super reconigzable Xenoblade guy.
>>
File: saddest.jpg (191KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
saddest.jpg
191KB, 500x500px
Just put Dart from Legend of Dragoon in the game for real this time
>>
>>375948928
i still have no idea why they used the Metropolis music for it, especially when Master Onion's rap would have worked better. It's still a good track though.
>>
>>375946695
Lots of good choices here, but I really can't see them using anything from Rogue Galaxy, White Knight Chronicles or Folklore. While those games have their fans, nobody really looks at those as prime IPs. Genji could be delegated to stage with a colossal enemy crab, since that is one thing everybody remembers from that game.
>>375948614
It's fine for big part of roster to be 3rd party, because as I said, when people think of Playstation, those are the characters they think of. And there's still lots of Sony owned IPs that they could use, even some really unusual characters like Vibri. Bringing her(him?) back would be when Smash added Game&Watch.
>>
>>375949023
>I like the genre, I rather play with Spike, Parappa or 2B than FE clones or the super reconigzable Xenoblade guy.
You're not explaining why though, other than "muh Nintendo"
>>
>>375949013

Yeah, I´m sure making games with same characters during decades didn´t have anything to do.

>Yet they have more unique and iconic character

I can´t argue here as every nintendofan consider iconic every new IP that comes to Nintendo.

Though IMO Capcom has way more IPs in quality than Nintendo, also more likeable characters.
>>
>>375949023
In Nintendo's case, recognizable = likeable. You're talking mario, pokemon, DK, kirby, etc.

What the fuck does Sony have? Nathan Drake and Sly Cooper? That's nothing compared to Nintendo. That only time an IP on playstation came close to Mario's level of popularity was Spyro and Crash, and that was decades ago, and they're not even Sony property.
>>
>>375949237
>you have to explain why do you like those characters

Explain me why can´t I like more these characters more than FE characters and Xenoblade guy.
>>
>>375949376
No, you're not explaining why you don't like playing as these characters and not these characters. Who fucking cares
>>
God the thread become "YOU HAVE TO LIKE NINTENDO MORE!" again.

>>375949493

Why do I have to explain? I just liked those more, I like Nintendo but it´s community are a fucking sect.
>>
>>375949604
>I like these characters more because I just do
Wew, don't try taking any satisfaction surveys any time soon
>>
File: 17.png (60KB, 639x352px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
60KB, 639x352px
>>375948284
>all those shitty FE characters
>we could have gotten cool third party characters from nintendo games like actraiser, final fight, hagane, the guardian legend, and so many more
>>
File: Kat Aloy.png (211KB, 622x476px) Image search: [Google]
Kat Aloy.png
211KB, 622x476px
One of the biggest problems of Sony's franchises is that their popularity tends to be a reflection of the taste of the majority of "gamers", where the least popular are interesting but niche titles like Jumping Flash or Gravity Rush and the most noticeable ones look like rip off of other games or as if they tried too hard on fitting in some categories with out even trying to be good (TLOU and God Of War).

This is why people say Sony has no good characters: the only ones they know of are fucking shit and come from shit games, even when they think it's good.
And the characters that are more deserving will always be literally who's because most people who play games are at beast 18-20 years old and have really shitty fucking taste.

What's worse is when Sony Smash represented some good ones in a shit way where characters looked fucking ugly and the rivalries had them hating each other for no reason, making almost all of them out of character.
>>
>>375949493
Not that anon, but it's a fairly common complaint among even smash players that the FE characters mostly handle the same. And a lot of them don't really have much personality being RPG protags. I can see why he'd prefer other varied characters in comparison but it's also picking on the weakest part of the roster with some of the better varied characters in PSASBR and a recent popular 3rd party. It's just as easy to flip the question and ask why would I want to play as Fat Princess rather than Little Mac, Wario or Megaman.

Seriously why is her voice so obnoxious in PSASBR compared to the
original VA

But I'm a fag who cried at getting Lucas back so what do I know.
>>
>>375949847
I think some of the Rivalries were done excellently. The Big Daddy being jealous and overprotective of his Sister playing with Sackboy was cute, and I did like Jak and Ratchet's, along with Sly and Nathan Drake.
>>
>>375949763

Why do you like the black boxer guy from Smash? or Shulk? And I guess you will love any FE character that comes to Smash.

Yeah, I would enjoy games different from Nintendo, deal with it.
>>
File: image.png (79KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
79KB, 250x238px
>>375946695
>Spiderman
>Beat
>Zero
>Leon
>Ryu

That's why this game was shit and why there won't be a sequel. None of those characters make any sense.
>>
>>375950093
But that's a shitty mindset. None of them from either game have anything of interest. I don't care for either, but having your reasoning be "I just do" is shitty
>>
File: 70 Round 2 roster.jpg (3MB, 5636x1920px) Image search: [Google]
70 Round 2 roster.jpg
3MB, 5636x1920px
>>375945447
>>
File: 1426485736466.jpg (354KB, 391x3798px) Image search: [Google]
1426485736466.jpg
354KB, 391x3798px
>>
>>375949023
>I rather play with [iconic sony character], [iconic sony character] or [FotM literal who waifubait]
>Instead of [FotM fire meme characters] or [literal who jrpg man]

Not seeing your argument here, guy. Both rosters do the same thing.
>>
>>375946695
how do you not have Rudy in the Wild Arms grouping? multiple characters for Everybody's Golf? and just 1 character from Twisted Metal?
>>
>>375950352

But people liked those characters and will ask for the super iconic FE Echoes main character and even from Xenoblade 2 when ask about a next Smash and you will be good with it, just like when people liked those super iconic FE avatars. You still don´t get what I´m saying nor the hypocrisy so I will leave it here, I have Smash games but I dislike tired fanboyism.

>>375950507

Yeah, except I don´t go telling nintendofans what they have to like nor I would care if Nintendo start to add Xeno2 characters or super unknown characters because I´m sure there are people who will like those characters, nor you´ll see me crying "uuuh but that´s not iconic!". That´s the argument.

I can´t wait to see next Smash announcement and people asking for new characters to prove my point again.
>>
>>375946695
Tomba and Alundra are both Sony IPs
>>
>>375947795
>Playing Cole
Play a character like Heihachi, Parappa, or Sweet Tooth and see if that shits easy. Not even cherry picking because those are pretty much the most popular old school characters and they all suck dick.
>>
>>375950403
>toan and jaster
>no max or monica

Whut?
>>
>>375950403
>Spike still uses the shitty PSASBR model
JUST GET KOEI TECMO TO MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A GIRLY TWINK FAGGOT TRAP ALREADY
>>
>>375951097
>I dislike tired fanboyism
The ballot's over anon.

And I'm still never getting King Kroc
>>
nope https://youtu.be/qXTmAkJKikI
>>
>>375951743
Toan has a more recognizable design to him where as Max and Monica dont really, and with just 2 games in the series with both having different protags, I think 1 rep is fine
Jaster is in a different series
>>
>>375951417
Sweet Tooth is a solid character, and a really good player can end a fiht super fast because of his good level 1

I can hold my own against a Kratos as Sir Daniel, but fuck Raiden, dude is unbalanced as hell
>>
>>375951928

Not having Eggman and King K. Rool in the same game is a mistake.
>>
>>375951890
I mean... I just used that image for Spike because it was the cleanest image I could find that fit well with the rest of the pictures
>>
>>375952272
I'm happy Bayonetta won the ballot, but Eggman and K.Rool would fill out franchises who need it and be great villain additions as well.

I mean, they'll probably never happen because Sakurai but hey, let's wait and see at E3.
>>
>>375952364
I want a crossdressing Spike right now
>>
Imagine if they made Yumi uglier than Spike
>>
File: Monokuma.png (2MB, 1060x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Monokuma.png
2MB, 1060x2048px
>>375952463

I guess K.Rool is too old but it would be awesome to have it, it´s weird we didn´t see Eggman yet though. I wouldn´t mind seeing Cortex too.

And talking about villains I would love to have Monokuma in a psbr2, the character has infinite possibilities.
>>
>>375953964
Crash and Cortex would be one hell of a way to introduce PSASBR2, especially after N.Sane footage at E3.

Sony, if they do make a sequel, need to follow the Smash 4 style of reveals and make each one a notable affair, making an event of it can only help to build hype.

K.Rool is possible I guess, but he's also a western designed character, he'd be the second one on the roster and I'm not sure Sakurai would go with that (The first being Diddy)
>>
File: chad.jpg (167KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
167KB, 800x535px
A CHALLENGER APPROACHES
>>
>>375954230
Donkey Kong is also a western design, since its the Rare redesign of the character
>>
>>375954363
That's true, although he is originally a Japan designed character.

I think it's why there's a reluctance to include Metroid Prime characters as well as DKC ones, but that might just be fanboyism ignoring the FE fanbase.
>>
>>375954341
Why does he look so fucking ugly?
>>
They need to go full Smash, or at least go Stamina mode. Keep the Ultras and meter in, or just Smash Ball it, it doesn't matter

Mortal Kombat 9/X story mode style or Subspace Emissary, either one works

Keep a mix of crossover stages and standalone stages

as for characters, keep all the existing characters in, except fuse the Cole's into one with a stance switch and replace Donte with Dante

add in:
>Venom Snake/Solid Snake
>Lara Croft
>Crash Bandicoot
>Spyro the Dragon
>Neptune
>Hatsune Miku
>Abe
>Kazuma Kiryu
>Joker from P5
>Joel and Ellie
>Jack from Resi 7
>>
>>375954908
>except fuse the Cole's into one with a stance switch

no, keep them separate but have them share the same slot, so you choose between good or evil when selecting Cole
>>
File: 1484862697473.jpg (53KB, 485x428px) Image search: [Google]
1484862697473.jpg
53KB, 485x428px
>>375945447
>Watch a PSBR Tournament finals to see what the game looms like at a high level of play
> It's nothing but projectile spam until getting enough bar to activate a an overpowered 1st or 2nd level super and got for the kill, that is, if the other guy don't start running away from him

And people said Smash would be better with super bars and instant KO special moves like PSBR did. What a shitshow.
>>
>>375954887
he's beautiful
>>
File: 1419161036049.jpg (34KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1419161036049.jpg
34KB, 396x388px
Why do people love 2B
>>
>>375955210
You just decribed every high level Smash match as well. Face it, they are both shit for pro gaming and just fun party games, and the more Smashfags try to distance themselves from that fact, the more delusional and funny they become.
>>
>>375955356
2b a qt
>>
They need to copy another fighting game, copying smash was their downfall, copy something that doesn't play like shit.
>>
Imagine Kat and Spike dressed as 2B and 9S
>>
File: 9TkFq7b.gif (1000KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
9TkFq7b.gif
1000KB, 500x180px
>>375955452
2b or not 2b
>>
File: mads.png (376KB, 430x565px) Image search: [Google]
mads.png
376KB, 430x565px
>>375945447
i know we haven't seen any gameplay yet but
>>
>>375955535
And yet Smash is still successful. :^)
>>
>>375955413
> PSBR has projectiles so versatile and staggering that not using them puts you at a disadvantage if the other guy decides to spam, be it up close or from almost 3/4 of the screen afar.
> Smash projectiles are a minor nuisance from afar and a disadvantage from up close

You don't know what you're talking about, bro.
>>
File: venomsmirk.jpg (126KB, 1212x720px) Image search: [Google]
venomsmirk.jpg
126KB, 1212x720px
>>375946984
desu i'd rather have Venom and Big Boss than Raiden
>>
>>375955706
I know right? It's crazy, I also don't get Minecraft's success. Anywho, there are other successful fighters out there for them to copy, I hope they know that.
>>
File: 20120430121640.jpg (45KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
20120430121640.jpg
45KB, 431x300px
>>375955684
LET'S KICK SOME ICE
>>
>>375955708
>everyone just picks a character with ranged attacks, keeps their distance and hits the enemy to increase the percentage
>when it gets close to 100%, get close and hit them off the map
>repeat ad infinitum

This is what every Smash match becomes and why any character that doesn't have good ranged attacks is religated to the lower tier brackets and immediately gets laughed out the tournies in the first rounds.
>>
File: power stone.jpg (73KB, 494x450px) Image search: [Google]
power stone.jpg
73KB, 494x450px
>>375955535
i'll just leave this here
>>
>>375955889
> Everyone picks a character with ranged attacks
> Link, Samus, Toon Link and Falco, the characters with some of the best and most versatile projectiles, are all medium to low tier and not really viable from competitive play
>Fox, a high tier character, has a crappy projectile only useful for racking up a few percentage while the opponent recovers or is far away, and can get him punished if he's not fast enough to stop shooting before he gets grabbed or comboed
>Sheik, another high tier character, has projectiles which only purpose is to rack up to 15% of damage per 6 needles or stop recovery attempt
> All projectiles can be evaded midair anyway so projectiles aren't king
> Everyone picks ranged projectiles and spam

Dude, stop, you're making yourself look bad.
>>
>>375945447
>all that that third party
wow, sony has fucking nothing, kinda defeats the term "Playstation" Allstars.
>>
>>375956116
No! They need to be on a 2D plane. Power stone is a mess of a fighting game, would have been better on a 2D plane...maybe.
>>
>>375956528
>sony has fucking nothing
Sony has alot actually
see>>375950403
and>>375946695
>>
>>375956257
See, now you are being delusional and funny.
>>
>>375956863
It's ok anon, not everyone can be right. This time, you weren't right. Better luck next time.
>>
>>375956715
>5 reps per game
What he fuck is this shit, artificially bloating the roster
>>
>>375950505
Funny how Neptunia is sorta popular these days.
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>375957068
oh you mean like
the 9 Mario characters?
6 Fire Emblem reps
5 Zelda reps
6 Pokemon reps

fuck off
also pic related for you
>>
>>375957351
Don't make me say it.
>>
>>375950269
>Zero
>makes no sense
What? It was the PS1 Megaman X games that made him fully playable.
But I do agree with him not really being sensible representive choice. If anything Megaman Volnutt would be better one, since that's the series people immediately associate with Playstation.
>>
>>375958603
But megaman volnutt is on the list.
>>
>>375958804
I know. I imagine whoever made that list didn't mean that all of those characters should be in, just listing the possible ones.
>>
>>375959013
Exactly
>>
Who the fuck is Neptune!!?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.