[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is on sale and all negative reviews I found were mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Star_Ocean_5.png (175KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Ocean_5.png
175KB, 250x310px
This is on sale and all negative reviews I found were mostly bitching it was an antiquated genre.

Is this any good for a JRPG fan? Only previous SO I played was First Departure. My understanding is that most SO games are standalone plot-wise, right?
>>
bump for video games
>>
File: Starbroceanbestgirl.jpg (95KB, 393x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Starbroceanbestgirl.jpg
95KB, 393x1005px
>please reply
>>
>>375944345

excellent taste muh nigga
>>
>>375943658
The reviews and complains mainly focus on how shitty the story was, I don't think it has to do with the genre since the gameplay, exploration and fun its still there
>>
>>375943658
It's better than the last hope and the cast is much much better too and the mc is thankfully not named edge maverick.
>>
I was surprised at how fun it was. I had really low expectations but it was really fun. Better than Last Hope for sure.
>>
>>375945584
>edge maverick

who thought this was a good idea again?
>>
Worst JRPG of the year

Combat is even shittier than 4
>>
Wait for so3 is to hit ps4 in English.definately the high point of the series.dont listen to the people who bitch about the story
>>
>>375943658
It's a fun game.
I'm a SO fan and I loved it.
Yeah, the story is bad. AS ALWAYS.
The gameplay and music are great, all the star ocean feelings are there.
>>
File: shark_girl.jpg (66KB, 698x719px) Image search: [Google]
shark_girl.jpg
66KB, 698x719px
>>375943658
>that trash on "sale" for 30 bucks

Fuck no. If you really want to play it, you can buy the physical disc on amazon or ebay for 15
>>
>>375943658
I've been planning on buying this even with the negative reviews, if only for the music. I'm just trying to beat FF15 first to compare it.
>>
>>375943658
You should play Second Story by the way; it's fantastic
>>
>>375943658
I think what pissed me off more than anything is the loli gets kidnaped like 5 times. At one point you get her back from a villan, 5 mins later she gets kidnaped again.

That and the shit story overall. Combat was entertaining for a while.
>>
File: 1391204021086.jpg (72KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1391204021086.jpg
72KB, 500x375px
>>375945584
>edge maverick.
I actually dropped the game when they said his name, I couldn't do it. It's literally the dumbest name I've ever heard of.
>>
>>375943658
It's okay. Biggest problem is the lack of battle skills. You will more or less use the same skills for the entire game.
>>
i've always wanted it because it looks better than the fourth one. but from what i've gathered over the year, it seems to be very short, not just in game length but in things to do.

the fourth game was one of the only games i can remember ever refusing to play again.
>>
>>375943658
I mostly use RPGFan for JRPG reviews because they tend to have similar tastes to me. And actually play JRPGS.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Star_Ocean_Integrity_and_Faithlessness/
Not a good rating from these guys though.
>>
>>375951736
>creepy attitude towards women
>>
>>375943658
Story is bland and combat is a fucking mess to the point you just spam abilities and can't see shit.

It's okay. 5/10
>>
>people complaining about story in a star ocean game

The only somewhat decent story was SO3, and even that is highly debatable.
>>
Get it for the superbosses. Ethereal Queen a best
>>
Bought it full price and regretted it immensely. If you can get it on a massive sale it might be worth it though.

You're better off just playing Berseria though.
>>
>can't decide between this at half price or Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 at full price

fuck
>>
>>375948357
Who's this spunk monk?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.