[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Aonuma sleep at night knowing he'll have to develop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 34t.jpg (233KB, 1024x1217px) Image search: [Google]
34t.jpg
233KB, 1024x1217px
How does Aonuma sleep at night knowing he'll have to develop a better game than BotW in some years?
>>
All that needs adding is proper dungeons again and it will be better already.
>>
File: AAMINISH_5F00_610.jpg (68KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
AAMINISH_5F00_610.jpg
68KB, 610x343px
Pretty easily I'd imagine. Because now he knows that the new direction of the series works, it's really just a question of redefining it.

Nintendo generally come with a game concept first, and then try to fit the Zelda mechanics around it - like controlling the wind in Wind Waker or turning into a painting in ALBW.

There was concept art for BotW which showed like interacting with a tiny race of creatures like the Minish from Minish Cap, but they couldn't make the idea work in the game so they dropped it.

It wouldn't surprise me of Nintendo go back to this idea for the next Zelda. Imagine a game like BotW where the player explores a tiny world - puddles would be like lakes, blades of grass like a forest and tiny bugs would be huge monsters. Different enough from BotW but essentially more of same.
>>
Shouldn't be too hard considering how dull BotW is. He's made a base for the next great Zelda at least.

>>375940161

And this is the next real step from what's there that needs to be taken.
>>
That's not a hard task considering it's actually lacking
>>
>>375940806
>nintendo actually cut minish people

I seriously hope you think this is absolutely disgusting
>>
File: 1482073175073.jpg (69KB, 469x510px) Image search: [Google]
1482073175073.jpg
69KB, 469x510px
>>375939914
>>
>>375941553
Did anyone really care about the Minish beyond Vaati and MAYBE Ezlo?
>>
>>375939914
That should be pretty simple. Get whoever was in charge of Xenoblade X's world design, reuse all assets from BotW and add new ones alongside them, expand and upgrade mechanics like the "Chemical Engine".

Make the Majora's Mask of Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>375939914
BotW was literally them testing the waters. Now that they know people like it, they'll throw in tons of shit like full length dungeons, crazier and larger locations with more interior exploration, etc.
>>
>>375941747
They could have been fleshed out, as the Sheikah and Gerudo were.
>>
There are a lot of ways one could take BotW and improve on it. Integrate interesting items, add longer dungeons, maybe larger settlements, perhaps some sort of vehicles (maybe a flying machine or just a flying mount)...
>>
>>375941819

Breath of the Wild kinda is the Majoras Mask of Breath of the Wild. The games have quite a few structural similarities. Four races at four corners of the map who are threatened by something Link has to save them from, huge focus on side content...

It's not as artsy as MM but I don't expect Nintendo to do somethink like that again.
>>
BotW with Loftwings.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.