[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Hearts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Just bought this and about to start the series for the first time. Anything i should know? Any tips?
>>
Save often
>>
>>375938005
Don't pay attention to the story, it's shit
>>
>>375938449
Pay attention to the story, it's elder god tier in that it makes no sense and will cause you to go insane
>>
>>375938005
Play them in release order
>>
>>375938571
Thats what i plan on doing. Also i gotta ask does kingdom hearts 2 fix the shitty camera and slow movement of the first game?
>>
>>375938005
The games are quite straight forward and self-explanatory. You may wanna grind a bit at the beginning to make late-game easier.

>>375938804
Never had any problem with either, and your movement options increase a fuckton towards the end of the games.
>>
>>375938804
Yeah. You can now use the right analog stick for a 3D plane camera movement instead of 2D and you can hold R2 as an option to let the camera stay in place or let it auto move.

As for slow movement, the platforming is fixed in KH2 (by straight up removing it) and you have growth abilities which are essentially your movement skills such as glide and dodge roll and they feel more precise and faster.
>>
File: 1463974321701.jpg (9KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
1463974321701.jpg
9KB, 250x180px
>>375938449
>>375938570
Pay attention to the story in KH1, COM, and 2. Accept that at the end of 2 there will be questions unanswered, but all that matters is that the kids got back home and had their adventure. After KH2 you can try to have fun, and many will argue that you will, but they're wrong,.
>>
>>375938005
choose staff and drop sword
>>
>>375938005
In Kingdom Hearts 1, once you have Leaf Bracer and second chance, you can beat Sephiroth. Your current level or keyblade doesn't matter. With leaf Bracer and Second Chance, you can beat him. Just tank his attacks that send you to 1 HP, and just heal back up and whack him a few times. There's not a single thing he can do to kill you other than Heartless Angel, in which case you can just smack him to stop it, or if it goes off anyway, just use a potion on yourself to start the cycle over again.

Chain of Memories: Level 1-10, use Magic. All the time. Just a shit ton of magic everywhere. Everything is weak to magic, and magic is everywhere. It will fuck up every enemy, every boss, and every superboss. Level 11-40, use Blitz. All the time. 5-5-5 cards of different keyblade types. It will fuck everyone up except Vexen. By then you should be about 40. 40-99 use Ars Arcanum and the Jaffar Enemy card. Ars Arcanum is without a doubt the single strongest attack in the game, but it has a crippling weakness of requiring 1-6 in a total of a 3 card sleight, meaning that almost any enemy can break it in the final level. Jaffar's enemy card means the next 20 cards (including sleights) you use will be unbreakable, so those enemies will keep throwing cards at you to no avail as you just fuck them up with Ars Arcanum.

Then just use 0-9-9 cards on Marluxia. Fuck healing cards, just 0-9-9. It barely matters what kind of cards. 0-9-9. If you take ANY damage on Marluxia, I will be surprised.

Kingdom Hearts 2: Second Chance and the other survival ability. Heals cant be spammed in 2 because it costs 100% MP. Now you use Limit mode instead which restores your MP and gets rid of your ability to heal, but all of your special abilities heal you now. You can usually tank any of the Data Fights except Xaldin once you hit the very easily attained level 99 status. Even on Critical, the Data Battles are quite easily tanked.
>>
>>375939697
Incorrect. Choose staff and drop shield.
>>
>>375938005
Don't pick sword at the start of KH 1, either rod or shield are much better choices.
>>
Make sure you pick the shield and ditch the sword
>>
>>375940708
>>375940747
I beat it on proud picking sword and dropping shield. There's no real need for defense in KH1 once you get Second Chance and leaf Bracer, everything, including Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth, and Xemnas can all be tanked rather easily with those abilities, only to heal back up to max a second later. It's sort of why I consider choosing staff to be a bit odd, since near the end of most of the post-game fights you're basically just filling up the first magic bar over and over to heal, which is why I pick sword, so I can at least beat the bosses to death a bit faster while I completely ignore both the magic and defense stat since they both serve the same purpose: To survive at more than 2 HP and then attack the boss. I see literally no benefit to stacking Defense or Magic when you can stack Attack instead.
>>
>>375938005
In 2 save often, like every time you see a save point
there is a save crash that happens at random because square enix is good at making ports

Also always play on the hardest difficulty for all the games to actually have challenge
>>
>>375941090
The actual point to picking shield, at least to me anyway, is that you get second chance and leaf bracer and other cool shit much earlier while sword gives you shitty sword skills you won't use because the best ones are giving to you over the course of the game anyway
>>
>>375938005
Sell it back and wait for the inevitable 1.5+2.5+2.8 collection that will be sold for the exact same price.
>>
>>375941463
That's a fair point. The game REALLY needs to give you Second Chance and Leaf Bracer earlier.
>>
>>375938005
Don't bother with re:com unless you really care about the story. Maybe just watch the cutscenes on youtube if you want to. It's plot is neccessary, but it's gameplay sucks.
>>
>>375942258
the gameplay far from sucks. sleights are awesome and rapidly breaking cards is great
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.