[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Came out a week ago >Already dead Press S to spit on Relic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: dawn-of-war-3-logo.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dawn-of-war-3-logo.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
>Came out a week ago
>Already dead
Press S to spit on Relic
>>
You didn't expect it to be good after DoW2 and CoH 2 did you? Both those games were trash.
>>
>>375931134
S

F for DoW
>>
File: 1407013164125.png (64KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1407013164125.png
64KB, 500x297px
>>375931134
>mfw all the people I know who bought it have massive buyers remorse, but they spent more than two hours looking for something good about the game and can't refund it
>>
>>375931134
>autistic screeching
fuck off retard
>>
>>375931174
But DOW2 and COH2 were good tho
>>
So, what's the game actually like?
>>
>>375931738
Literally warcraft 3 without hero leveling
>>
>>375931738
It's a MOBA
It tries to be Starcraft
It took everything bad from DoW and DoW2 and mashed it together
>>
>>375931738
infantry units die like flies, like starcraft
hero units shit on everything else, like dota
>>
>>375931661
I don't have the room to post why you are wrong about DoW2, but I have enough for CoH 2.

>Removed basic defenses on engineers
>Removed mid battle customization of the tech trees with 1 static strait line progress
>Dynamic cover doesn't work properly
>The cold mechanic was universally hated and didn't work right
>Day 1 dlc of a 20 COs that you couldn't unlock in game, many of which were direct upgrades of ones in the game.
>Germany gets bunker but not sandbag.
>Russia gets sandbag but not bunker
>"Flamethrower heavy tank" rather than giving it a real name
>Many of the models and textures are a step down from the originals
>Modding the game is nearly impossible and thus no great user created content, like the Great War, or Eastern Front can work
>>
>>375931829
>unironically believing this shit
>>375932046
>what are army upgrades

fucking retards don't even learn to play a new game before throwing random bullshit around. fuck off back to consoles you subhuman trash
>>
>>375932303
>>375931829
But its true. Every map has literal lanes, there is little lateral movement between those lanes, its a disgrace of map design.
The basic infantry do die that fast, much faster than DoW and even faster than in Dow2.
And it did take bad elements from both games.
>>
>>375932115
wew It didn't take long for shitters to post his shit opinion.
>>
File: Untitled.png (96KB, 958x572px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
96KB, 958x572px
I'm slowly making my way into being the orkiest before I even touch the campaign.
>>
>>375932765
>ur opinion is bad :^)
Argue against my points then fucker, are you too fucking retarded to put your own points on the table for debate?
>>
>>375932839
What does stormboyz even do? Heard he was the weakest Elite.
>>
>make up shit a game and constantly repeat it to make discussing said game as obnoxious as possible
>when discussion dies, v can triumphantly claim the game is dead and that it had part in it
>in the meantime and back in reality the game is still top seller, has 7k playing right now

I see. So that's /v/'s endgame
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
>meanwhile this game received a 1.8 GB patch
>>
>>375932907
>>375932303
>>375931647
Relic shills
>>
>>375932962
Have they fixed the AI yet?
>>
>>375932962
As long as it doesnt fix the dogshit AI on both enemies and allies with next to no map variety its still trash.
>>
>>375932907
>7k players at launch
Fucking pitiful. DoW1 has 1.5k right now and CoH 1 has nearly 2k, and those are a decade old.
>>
>>375932903
They're a slightly better Assault Marine. I honestly don't know which is the worst elite between them and the Meganobz. I'd probably go with Meganobz because Sotrmboyz at least work, Meganobz constantly bug out and you have to micro them at all times to make sure their underwhelming rockets don't stop firing.
>>
S

>>375932962
S S S S S S SS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>375933121
snek pls go
>>
>>375933072
>these shitty old games that have been in a million bundles have a fraction of people playing!
>>
I'm enjoying it more now that maps are appearing on the Steam Workshop. I still hate the Escalation mechanic and the fact that every game turns into a blob-fest. I'm still fucking waiting for a DoW game like CoH, and no, DoW2 didn't achieve that because you were working with a tiny army on small maps every time.

Plus there aren't enough different units.
>>
>>375931738
Just watch some games, I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSNMFQmk1a8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6-v0CVbxaE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHX_lEQ_S_w
>>
Can I paint my units like in DoW 1?
>>
>>375934161
Yes, you actually get quite the nice selection of paint colors and types. But your elites will always be from the Blood Ravens, Bad Moons, or Biel-Tan.
>>
>>375934385
>Blood Ravens, Bad Moons, or Biel-Tan
No thanks.
>>
>>375934161
Yes, only $4.99 for a pot of Citadelâ„¢ paints you can use up to 5 times! amazing value no? Buy 3 Citadelâ„¢ paint pots and get a 4th 50% off!
>>
>>375934435
Well, they are named, established characters, so Gabriel Angelos will always be force commander of the Blood Ravens.
>>
>>375934385
>your elites will always be from the Blood Ravens, Bad Moons, or Biel-Tan
That is... that is fucking garbage. I had no idea and what little desire I had to play this game has been removed.
>>
File: hahah.png (265KB, 366x440px) Image search: [Google]
hahah.png
265KB, 366x440px
>>375932115
>>Removed basic defenses on engineers
wrong
>>Removed mid battle customization of the tech trees with 1 static strait line progress
wrong
>>Dynamic cover doesn't work properly
wrong
>>The cold mechanic was universally hated and didn't work right
its gone now, and i liked it
>>Day 1 dlc of a 20 COs that you couldn't unlock in game, many of which were direct upgrades of ones in the game.
so
>>Germany gets bunker but not sandbag.
so
>>Russia gets sandbag but not bunker
so
>>"Flamethrower heavy tank" rather than giving it a real name
kv flame tank is what mine says idk what faggot language you speak
>>Many of the models and textures are a step down from the originals
wrong
>>Modding the game is nearly impossible and thus no great user created content, like the Great War, or Eastern Front can work
who cares

youre jsut a nigger. COH2 is a great game ive got like 2.5k hours in it
>>
>>375932115
Absolutely fucking false since you can build defenses in CoH2. FFS pioneer and sturmpioneer squad can build different kind of defenses.
>Removed mid battle customization of the tech trees with 1 static strait line progress
>CoH1
>Battle customization
Oh wow I had to choose between 2 strait line instead of 1 straightforward line. Fuck that shit. CoH2 had 20x more doctrines than CoH1 anyway.
Wtf do you mean? The vault system is a godsend and there's no problem at all with the latest version.
From a competitive scene standpoint it is useless and tedious but otherwise there's nothing wrong with them. Good for compstomping though.
>Day 1 dlc of a 20 COs that you couldn't unlock in game, many of which were direct upgrades of ones in the game.
Just buy them if you're that much of a shitter. The tourneys ban most of them anyway.
They can build them assfuck.
>Russia gets bunker but not sandbag.
They get trip flare instead.
Not an argument
Play the game other than low setting poorfag.
>Modding the game is nearly impossible and thus no great user created content, like the Great War, or Eastern Front can work
http://www.moddb.com/mods/wikinger-european-theater-of-war

Your points are completely retarded and false which can be easily refuted by saying you're a shitter or retarded. Get bent.
>>
>>375932907
>7k right now
It was 15k literally 2 days ago, kek. This trash is dying faster than expected.

Fuck every single subhuman who bought this diarrhea. A dow3 game that is not a rtt game in the vein of Dow2 has no right to live.
>>
>>375934907
>>Removed basic defenses on engineers
wrong
But they did remove their ability to build basic things like sandbags and wire

>>Removed mid battle customization of the tech trees with 1 static strait line progress
wrong

But they did remove the dynamic ability to pick your tree mid match, and what order you want to take them in, CoH2 just has a strait line.

>>Dynamic cover doesn't work properly
wrong
But it doesn't.

>liking the cold mechanic
Well you're just fucking retarded then anon, don't know what else to tell you

>>Day 1 dlc of a 20 COs that you couldn't unlock in game, many of which were direct upgrades of ones in the game.
so

Lemme get this strait, you are okay with 40$ of day 1 dlc for units that should be in the game anyway base?

>>Germany gets bunker but not sandbag.
so
>>Russia gets sandbag but not bunker
so

Because both should be able to do both, its an arbitrary change that adds nothing to gameplay, just limits options.

>>Many of the models and textures are a step down from the originals
wrong

But many do look a lot worse than their CoH counterparts.

>>Modding the game is nearly impossible and thus no great user created content, like the Great War, or Eastern Front can work
who cares

The fact that user created content can enhance a game a great deal, like the 2 mods mentioned.

Anon I hate to say it, but you are in fact, retarded and have shit taste. And you wasted 2.5k hours playing a bad game. I'm sorry.
>>
>>375934385
>elites will always be from the Blood Ravens, Bad Moons, or Biel-Tan.

Well, guess I'll pick it up when its on sale for 5 dollars in the summer.
>>
Nothing better has come out on PC in ages and since Bannerlord is going to be delayed until next year nothing good is coming out anytime soon.

I'm enjoying it and hopefully Steel Division: Normandy 44 is even better.
>>
>>375931134

CoH2 was garbage and put me off of Relic forever. I don't want fucking p2w micro transactions in my RTS game. When I buy an RTS game, I expect to immediately be on an even playing field with every other player, with the only deciding factor in the match being who was more skilled.

I will NEVER purchase an RTS that has microtransactions again. I played DoW3 alpha and beta, and not only was the game pure shit, it had micro transactions.

Dropped.
>>
>>375935824
>Nothing better has come out on PC in ages
WHTW shits on this garbage, you fucking shit-eater. With the way this turd is hemorrhaging players, it's going to hit the current DOW1 concurrent player count in a week.
>>
>>375931134
being this retarded, i already played over 50h of dow3 and game is pretty good, nowhere near dow1 but way better than trash muh tactiks dow2, only if map editor wouldn't be so broken and game would have more races, modes and elite units.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (43KB, 831x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
43KB, 831x345px
>>375932115
Wrong. All basic engineers can create barbed wire defenses, doctrines allow construction of tank traps for USF / Soviet engineers. Pioneers can build sandbags. Sturmpios can build re-enforced barbed wire.
That's not a con, the new system is much better than vCoH by far, there's much more diversity in commanders and you get to choose three commanders in your loadout and pick 1 during the battle.
Do you even play the game, I ask again because you're completely wrong. Green cover protects you better, and cover is directional meaning if you flank it doesn't give a strong advantage. Green cover can also prevent suppression if units are positioned properly.
It wasn't hated by everyone, but they removed it over 2 years ago so I don't see what your complaint is here, unless you again, don't play the game and are shitposting.
Completely false. You unlocked the commanders by playing multiplayer if I remember.
Germans have sandbags now, and have had them for years. Again, when was the last time you played? No one ever uses them anyways because the game is often too fast paced for that.
>Russia gets sandbag but not bunker
So what? This is asymmetrical design, and soviets are not a defensive army, they are offensive. Germans are defensive in nature, again asymmetrical balance.
What the fuck are you even talking about here? The KV-8? There's multiple flame tanks now.
Completely false, the game looks 10x better than vCoH

I know what I'm talking about, pic related.
>>
>>375935824
Expedition:Viking m8.

DoW3 core gameplay is good enough but the lack of umphh factor from the previous game have tarnished its reputation IMO. I hope they'll get to DoW2 tier sound designs for the xpacks, that will at least get the game feel more engaging.
>>
>>375936063
TW:WH was complete garbage at release and is still a bug ridden mess for the most part. Shogun 2 was the last TW game worth playing.
>>
>>375934583
The ultrasmurf on the Deathwatch actually gets replaced by a Marine from your chapter in multi. Really not going to sway anyone, but it's a thing.
>>
>>375936436
Your opinion is trash and completely irrelevant. TWWH - a year old game, has more players at this very moment than this steaming week old pile of shit. In two weeks, this trash is going to be a fucking wasteland, because the vast majority of players are not as big shit-eaters as you.
>>
File: born to REEEEEEE.jpg (43KB, 515x496px) Image search: [Google]
born to REEEEEEE.jpg
43KB, 515x496px
>>375933080
>mfw Killa Kan can now jump, stealth, shield and shoot long range rokkit launcha with the propa doctrines
>>
File: LMAO.png (214KB, 753x594px) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.png
214KB, 753x594px
>>375936436
Picrelated, you fucking shitstain, this is where your turd is headed: right down the fucking shitter where it belongs.
>>
>>375932907
The /vg/ general is on life support. For what is basically an AAA RTS.

Even the Dominions general is more alive.
Which is a niche title for autists made by two guys.
>>
Soulstorm post-patch remains the best. Why settle for anything else?
>>
>>375938197
>Why settle for anything else?
Because there's mods that make it even better.
>>
>>375931134
the whole moba meme is dumb
the only thing that moba like are the "generators" that you need to kill to then kill the turrets and then kill the core, the rest is like any other RTS
>>
>>375937501
like every game in existence? ok
>>
File: dumbfuck.png (314KB, 711x664px) Image search: [Google]
dumbfuck.png
314KB, 711x664px
>>375938558
Not every game in existence loses 2/3rds of its playerbase in a week after launch.
>>
>>375938302
Only mods you need are Dawn of AI and Wargear

For single player anyways.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.