[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they even bother releasing this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: cover_large.jpg (247KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
247KB, 600x849px
Why did they even bother releasing this game?
>>
>>375930062
Why did your parents even bother birthing you?
>>
>>375930062

they were bored and say why not
>>
>tfw you spent $120 on two copies of a shit game
>>
>>375930062
Wii U releases were getting really fucking sparse by that point.
>>
Because Itagaki is criminally insane but has mafia ties so they can't refuse him.
>>
>>375930261
I mean its not like Devil's Third helped with that since its basically a shovelware game
>>
>>375930364
Actually Itagaki confirmed in an interview that Nintendo approached the developers to produce the game specifically because they wanted to learn how to make online shooting games. This happened in 2014.

That's right. Devil's Third is why Splatoon exists.
>>
>>375930062
They almost didn't release it in the west until fan complained.
>>
>silly story
>fun multiplayer
rip. piratefags missed out.
>>
>>375930910
Fuck off, Tamaki. That was never true.
>>
>>375930595
That makes no sense. Splatoon released earlier than Devil's third and they could've just asked them to work on splatoon
>>
>>375930981
The story and gameplay was dumb and you could play online if you pirated it
Still was a garbage game
>>
>>375931232
Splatoon had a really short development cycle. Something like ten months.
>>
The multiplayer looked like fun, but I didn't get it soon enough and the game died off.
>>
>>375931351
Trust me, it wasn't that great, you didn't miss much
>>
>>375931351
It was a lot of fun. Hopefully Itagaki is serious when he says he wants to make a sequel.
>>
>>375931330
>Work started late 2013
>Saying it's 10 months

Why are you lying
>>
It's a very underrated single player game. It's not a masterpiece but it's not boring either.
>>
>>375931351
Not really man. It was shit and this >>375931487
guy is either a liar or has awful taste
>>
>>375931569

Tripfag wants attention.

What happened was that Danny Bilson, who was the former head of THQ, was a good friend of Iwata and when THQ shut down and the publishing rights went up for sale. Bilson advised Iwata to look into it because it was a good game from what was being produced under THQ. Iwata sent his third party team in and had a meeting with Itagaki. Iwata was very interested in Itagaki's ideas for online along with Nintendo having a "Core" game for the Wii U. Problem was that the game had to be restarted from scratch as the engine had gone to Nordic games. And even though Nordic games wanted to partner with Nintedo and were willing to license the engine. Nintendo wanted it rebuilt in UE3.

Which was a major issue because Nintendo never made a revision for the Wii U. So the DT Team had to remake the game from scratch using an engine which had no Wii U revision. And while Iwata believed in it, they weren't really getting any support from the rest of Nintendo either.

Oatmeal said he'd still work with Nintendo but likely only on smaller projects because he was really fustrated with how Nintendo America and Nintendo's 3rd party teams handled it.
>>
>>375931643
This. It's nowhere near as bad as its made out to be. I sure as hell wouldn't spend fill price in it if given the option again, but I would have made a good budget release I'd Nintendo had any sense.
>>
>>375931643
Its unpolished as fuck and the gameplay is not fun
>>
It's a slog ,everyone is dumb as bricks and can't shoot, theres no challenge besides a couple of boss fights even on """"hardcore""" and the multiplayer had about 5-10 people in it after a month.
It's everything you don't want a team led by Itagaki to do.
>>
>>375934128
>gameplay is not fun
It's better than ROTTR gameplay for sure.
>>
>>375930062
This game was really bland and pretty rough coming from a guy that made stuff like Ninja Gaiden Black and 2. Still, I like to believe that he could still produce quality games it's just like >>375932252 said that the game had a very hard development cycle but I kinda did want to see what the game would be like if THQ didn't go under.
>>
>>375930062
>Still remember people going crazy about this before release thinking it was going to be anything but hot dog shit

Holy shit, people are deluded as fuck
>>
>>375935221
I went from HOLY SHIT DEVIL THIRD WAS SAVED BY NINTENDO when the logo appeared to oh... when they showed gameplay.
>>
>>375935512
It looks like a car crash of a PS2 game, for Wii U...
>>
>>375935221
>deluded
Those same people bought a switch and expect games on it too.
>>
>>375930062
it was Oatmeal-kun's turn to taste the Sony Curse™. the Sony Curse™ is a curse to the developers and publishers that bad-mouthed Sony. the curse will make any publisher or developer become irrelevant.

Oatmeal got the curse when he bad mouthed Sony, saying the PS2 is weak, he will only develop for the most powerful systems. Now, he is out from Tecmo, DOA makes more money than ever, and his Ninja Gaiden is down the toilet.

other notable developers that contracted this curse includes:
Sawaguchi: now a shitty mobage developer
Shinji Mikami: now a Bethesda's butt monkey
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.