[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Institute the bad guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 30

File: Fallout-4-Synth.jpg (100KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-Synth.jpg
100KB, 950x534px
Was the Institute the bad guys?
>>
>>375929875
>the only hope for the irradiated shithole
>bad guys

nani???!?!
>>
File: 2dd1a341.jpg (33KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
2dd1a341.jpg
33KB, 400x295px
>>375929875
>a couple vigilantes
>power hungry technophobes
>robot SJW's
>Super genius scientists who have a spotless underground laboratory with self sustained power, food and have invented the likes of teleportation and 1 to 1 human sentience
How did people let Bethesda get away with asspulling this faction?
>>
>>375930851
>practice slavery
>secretly assasinate members of other factions and replace them with their own
hmmm
>>
>>375931170
>robot SJW
He's fighting literal slavery anon.
>>
>>375929875
Only because they had no institute themed power armor, would have been nice
>>
>>375931317
But what does aligning yourself with the railroad accomplish?

The Institute is THE best hope for the future of humanity we've ever seen in the series. Especially so if you can become their leader and call the shots instead of the retarded shit they were up to before. If you destroyed the Institute you must be thick in the head
>>
>>375931170
Everyone in the main story is retarded. Remember, the leader of the Institute makes you the leader because you talked to them for 10 minutes.
>>
>>375931441
The institute is also the only choice that makes sense
the player character spends all game crying about finding their son and looking for him so It makes Literally Zero sense that they would then turn around and destroy everything their son worked to achieve after finally finding him
>>
File: 1388725334095.png (37KB, 768x586px) Image search: [Google]
1388725334095.png
37KB, 768x586px
>Have near-endless supply of perfectly-functional robots designed to do work humans aren't suited for and who can be easily kept in check
>Nah fuck that's make new humanoid robots that are less versatile and harder to repair
>Let's also give them the mental capacity to contemplate their existence but also threaten them with death if they ever step out of line or show any sign of experiencing the emotions we gave them the ability to have
>Ooh, and let's also kidnap people on the surface at random and replace them with bodysnatchers for no discernible reason whatsoever
>Oh hey look, the leader of the Minutemen found our base
>Dude let us tell you all about how we're the good guys and all of our murder and kidnapping is totally justified and misunderstood, we just want what's best for all those people on the surface even though we hate and look down on them
>>
>>375931723
Unless, maybe, say, the player character is horrified that their son has grown into a mad scientist with the blood of countless innocent people on his hands and is not okay with helping him just because they share blood.
>>
>>375931846
Yeah, that honestly threw me off in game, if it wasn't for those stupid rightoffs just to purposely make the institute at first glance seem like the bad guys, they would have been objectively the correct answer, at least to me
>>
>>375932020
The problem that I have with them is that even now, with hundreds of hours clocked on this game, I STILL have no fucking idea what, specifically, the Institute was trying to accomplish. All they tell you is vague promises that it's all for the greater good and improving mankind and all that shit but all they've done is build androids and wantonly murder people.
>>
>>375931846
>harder to repair
>Can just stick a stimpack in them.
>>
>>375932419
>"What if my arm is blown off? It is not so simple to repair this now."
>>
>>375932238
Their motives were the product of shit writing, and I wanted to like the institute, since the railroad was stupid to me, and the BoS was kind of just eh to me, wasn't really feeling it
>>
>>375931441
>Especially so if you can become their leader
The fact that's an option is retarded and the game's writers should feel bad.
>>
>>375932238
I wouldn't be surprised if the writers didn't know either.
>>
>>375929875
Zimmer was bad, Shaun was misguided, Topic question depends on the player, you can easily make a thoughtful speech and continue to help the commonwealth people despite telling them outright they are probably fucked anyway because genetic damage.

from what i've seen minutemen are a bad choice although fun, because you don't solve the synth issue in a positive or negative way. its just left hanging.

railroad are actually bad, see far harbor for detail (specifically mind wiping synths is basically murder, not to mention it can be botched.)

brotherhood are just plain stupid, synths are ai-like, from mass effect we know enslaving an evolving ai species leads to revolt, so the brotherhoods logic is wipe them out, knowing damn well ai can be smart and out of the box to human logic...just plain dumb.

there is no easy way to go with the institute and solve the synth issue (letting them have their free will) but its probably still the best you can do, in terms of the setting, not superficial bullshit like achievments.

pic unrelated i just think its cute.
>>
>>375931409
They do. It's the best looking Ib the game too. Why comment on games you've never played?
>>
File: 1492980000800.jpg (19KB, 612x346px) Image search: [Google]
1492980000800.jpg
19KB, 612x346px
>>375931846
What's even more jarring is the fact that the Institute gets all sorts of credit for going beyond technological shit set in place in the entire world...but the shit they've done is all something else that's been accomplished, sometimes even by years apart and done better in every regards.

Yet, even as smart as they are, they aren't smart enough to biologically engineer the FEV for their president dying of cancer to make him immune to cancer even though FEV is somehow over on the East Coast for no discernible reason whatsoever.

Like, fucking what?
>>
fuck this makes me want to finish my playthrough. i stopped at the radiated sea or whatever its called to find mutant man.
>>
>>375931409
Instead you get this.
>>
They tried making the institute seem like the misunderstood good guys but do they ever explain why they replaced people with synths and what they did with real ones?
>>
>>375932889
The writing in the game is shit and it could all be solved if the main charater asked questions like a normal human being.
If you discover what the institute is acutally up to you can't even talk to Sean about it. If you're declared their leader (still can't believe this retarded plotpoint happenes) you can't tell the railroad they're retarded enough to have a double agent me their leader and tell them you'll fix shit from the inside.
There's shit like this throughout the game, I hate the writing so much I refuse to talk about the lore because the ones who think it's good are willing to believe the guys practicing literal slavery are good.
>>
File: 1469144833007.jpg (28KB, 781x501px) Image search: [Google]
1469144833007.jpg
28KB, 781x501px
>>375929875
See the Institute and Shaun kept going on and on about how they are the best hope for humanity.

But no one actually told me HOW they are going to help humanity. I guess I could infer from all their tech that they were going to help the world, but all their actions were extremely destructive and pointless. They haven't tried to share their tech and make lives better. They've just hoarded it in their safe space and did shady shit through synth agents.

I just didn't fucking get it.
>>
File: kqEdwSp[1].jpg (142KB, 1055x2000px) Image search: [Google]
kqEdwSp[1].jpg
142KB, 1055x2000px
>>375931409
>>
>>375933213
It doesn't even look like an armor.
>>
>>375932984
What, the paint job? I mean like ACTUAL power armor, X-01 is enclave, T-60 series was BoS/ Pre-war, etc, they literally have nothing
>>
>>375929875
No, Bethesda was.
>>
File: no why.png (294KB, 1174x1878px) Image search: [Google]
no why.png
294KB, 1174x1878px
>>
File: X-01_Institute_Red_Tactical.jpg (1MB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
X-01_Institute_Red_Tactical.jpg
1MB, 810x1080px
>>375933213
The Institute gets the best looking power armor paint in the game. Stop lying. You've clearly never played the game.
>>
>>375931723
But the player character also seems to believe that Shaun is still a baby/little kid for whatever reason.

He wasn't expecting him to be a grown man and he certainly wasn't expecting him to be the leader of the faction he's spent the whole adventure fighting against.
>>
>>375929875
Propably although I chose them the first time because I like to play as a power hungry asshole. Now that I've tried all of the factions I can say that all of them are terrible people (apart from the minutemen of course).
>>
>>375933213
>One day there was a mix-up in the requisitions department
>Two Institute scientists are lounging around taking mentats
>"Dude, what are we gonna do with all this PVC piping?"
>>
File: 18315-4-1473599698[1].jpg (91KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
18315-4-1473599698[1].jpg
91KB, 1000x600px
>>375933564

>>375933463
You can mod it in.
>>
File: 1483266842842.gif (341KB, 213x199px) Image search: [Google]
1483266842842.gif
341KB, 213x199px
>>375933213
>someone at Bethesda thought that the most high tech faction in the entire game making armor out of toilet seats was a good idea
>>
>>375931441
>The Institute is THE best hope for the future of humanity
This stupid faggot.
>live in a post apocalyptic hellhole
>create AI
>enslave AI
>AI repeatedly rebels and tries to kill masters
>don't stop creating newer, stronger and smarter AI
How the fuck do you not see the writing on the wall? I wouldn't be surprised if the Institute were simultaneously working on a zombie virus too.
>>
>>375933213
>Captain Toilet, an Indian's worst enemy
>>
>>375933213
I didn't mind the institute armor just because it looked like something you'd get out of a 3d printer.
>>
File: 1492001770050.gif (675KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1492001770050.gif
675KB, 200x150px
>>375933712
>Best in game
>>
>>375931180
Sacrifices need to be made in order to achieve greater hapiness.
>>
>>375933712
I guess? Now I'm not really feeling it, but better than literally toilet armor I suppose
>>
>>375933823
It's fucking amazing that the Institute could create the underlying AI for the synths and be so in denial that they had become sentient. They seem genuinely baffled as to why their slave laborers would want to run away.
>>
>>375933916
That quote isn't relevant to that post.
>>
>>375933927
But what are they achieving?

There is no method to their madness.

It's just madness.
>>
>>375929875
Yes, but only because they do evil, nonsensical fucked up shit with no real motivation or understanding of what they're trying to accomplish. And after 200 years, they still have nothing to show for it.
>>
>>375933975
Yeah.
>they're just robots, they don't have actual free will
>>so you programmed them to fight you and escape?
>well, no, but...
>>
>>375933927
Are you American by any chance?
>>
File: 1465852421379.png (517KB, 750x656px) Image search: [Google]
1465852421379.png
517KB, 750x656px
It's almost impressive how bad the writing in Fallout 4 is. I actually don't understand how industry veterans can fuck something up so badly.

And I liked the game just for its gameplay.
>>
>>375934091
That's pretty much the common opinion.

Decent/Good Action game
Terrible Fallout Game
>>
>>375931449
>>375931170

Yeah, the story and dialogue is goddamn atrocious in FO4. Only Far Harbor had decent story and characters, everything else was trash.

>>375933213

>armor is sloped to protect against shrapnel

It's ugly as fuck but it's the small details like that I like.
>>
File: 1335976871055.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1335976871055.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
>Institute
Shut-in turbo-autists with god complexes who have no apparent actual end goal besides slaughtering innocent people
>Brotherhood
Stormfront /pol/tards, can fuck off back to the Capital Wasteland
>Railroad
Ttoo specialized and lacking resources, ineffective
>Minutemen
The one true hope for the Commonwealth
>>
>>375933975
Maybe they're right and the synths aren't actually sentient, just glitchy as fuck in a really weird way, but either way it doesn't change the fact that the scientists are fucking retarded for not fixing that problem sooner.
>>
>brotherhood
>eliminate everything that isn't human
>solid 7/10 on humanity survival spectrum

>railroad
>we have no real goals, fill the commonwealth with robot people who can't reproduce? Idk
>solid 0/10 probably going to get humanity exterminated

>institute
>fuck the surface, it's only worth it's weight in scrap
>10/10

My biggest problem with fo4 is shaun is an unlikable cunt who treats you like shit and turns you into exactly the thing that killed his other parent, if it wasn't for him the institute would be the defacto only choice worth shit in the commonwealth.
>>
I'll never understand why the railroad exists aside the obvious of being a foil to the institute. It boggles my mind that a group would imploy such sublety and time to save things for the sake of..saving them?

it makes me sick actually to think of how poor 4s story was
>>
>>375933927
>being this American
Tell me how it was a blessing in disguise.
>>
>>375933632

You have that other image from that forum? This image and that are the perfect examples of the sheer stupidity of Fallout 4.
>>
>>375934383
All they had to do was make the leaders of the Railroad actual Synths and they would make so much more sense.
>>
Why where the institute making Super Mutants and Deathclaws?
>>
>>375934383
Honestly, it's not like there was a shortage of other actual people out there that actually do need help, no amount of sentience could change the fact that the synths still aren't human, and yeah like this anon said too >>375934497 so that it would actually make sense
>>
>>375934353
Nah, more like:

>Brotherhood
>destroys all of humanity's enemies from Ferals, Super Mutants to Synths
>safeguards retarded faggots from getting nukes
>10/10 humanity survival

>Institute
>continuously make newer and smarter AI that have proven rebelliously and both willing and capable of killing humans
>0/10 humanity survival
>>
What if the Institute are like real-life scientists?

Like, they know that what they're doing is stupid, irresponsible and harmful, but they also know that if they stop doing it, they'll get kicked out and starve because they have no personal skills beyond making science.

The difference, of course, being that they aren't being paid to be harmful and irresponsible, they're just being peer-pressured by each other.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>375930851
>only hope
>Doing litterally nothing helpful for anyone even themselves
>Just performing pointless acts of wanton cruelty for the evulz
>producing useless tech that helps nobody
>claiming to support society rebuilding itself while also killing any government that tries to form
>Essentially just jerking their dicks for 200 years
How the hell are they the best hope for anything?
>>
>>375934283
>Institute
totally retarded compared to every other "scientific" faction in fallout (big mt, mr house, the shi, enclave)
>Brotherhood
RIGHT WING DEATH SQUAD, doesn't take shit from robo-clones
>Railroad
turbo liberals
>Minutemen
annoying as shit
>>
Your mom got shot in the beginning of the game because of them so yeah
>>
>>375934383
Is it really so hard to understand how the Railroad came to form? It's not like 200 people just woke up one day and decided "I'm gonna save robots." They had reasons. There are escaped synths who want to help other synths, there was sympathizers who have/had loved ones who were synths. There are people who've lost loved ones to the Institute and would want to sign on with the only group (at the time) that was actively fighting them. There are people who acknowledge the sentience of synths and are opposed to it because they see it as slavery.

You can make the argument that there are plenty of humans who need their help, but A) they admit to helping humans when they can but don't make it a priority because they're the only group that will actively help synths while other groups (namely the Minutemen) were already there to prioritize helping humans. And B) slavery is nowhere near as prevalent in the Commonwealth as it was in the CW. As long as you don't live in a tiny undefended settlement like a retard you're pretty much safe from raiders and mutants.
>>
>>375934765
Wife
>>
>>375930851
>The only hope for the irradiated shithole
>Everything they've done has either been done before, not that useful, or has been done before

Ok.
>>
>>375934383

Meh, in FO2 you get to meet Ron Hubbard, so I'd take things like that with a grain of salt.
>>
>>375934592
The only reason AI go rogue is because they're buggy and the idiot surface dwellers try to convince them they're people.
It's like me writing a script for my computer where it goes "blip blorp I have a soul" and then complaining to microsoft that my pc went sentient on me.
>>
>>375933213
I think the Idea behind the institute armour is that Synths are the only part of the institute that wear it
And the institute doesn't really give a shit about synths since they see them as disposable for the most part so they don't bother giving them good armour
>>
>>375930851
They actually tried to do help the CPG form, there's a holotape in the Institute that reports on how the CPG representatives all killed each other due to infighting. Then there's another that shows the Broken Mask incident was basically a great big unintentional fuck-up.
>>
>>375929875
>Progressing the game to the point of having to choose sides

I sincerely hope you do not do this
>>
>>375933673
Wow. It's... A bright white coat of paint. Gee fucking wiz dipshit.
>>
>>375935051
If you programmed that script to have emotions and learn independently, then sure.
>>
>>375935152
>Not playing until you reach the absolute point of no return with all four factions and then doing everything else in the game before saving and completing each path
>>
File: ScreenShot8.jpg (840KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot8.jpg
840KB, 1920x1080px
>Can't control Boston yourself with an iron but fair fist
Fuck sake Bethesda, honestly.
>>
>>375935216
you can't program emotions in real life so that's a dumb comparison anyway
>>
technically you could say its just under bad management, i suppose. if you follow through far harbor in a sort of neutral, "dima's solution" route, you are basically acting like the institute, but you have your reasons.

institute, i honestly don't know what solid motives they had for replacing people seemingly at random or their end goal even? is this even covered? just replace all of the people? all their surveillance, i could understand in a way would make sense for research and observation, but it seems to be motivated by paranoia and just a general presence of omnipotent evil they have in the wasteland.

they were probably the best chance at a future though, in big picture terms. they already have a non-radiated utopia and mad fucking technology, and oh, just the power of god. beat that, hubology.
>>
>>375933927
>literal slavery
>greater hapiness
>>>/pol/
>>
>>375935268
...but you can? My last playthrough was as the Raider King. All settlements were under my control and paid me tribute.
>>
>>375935268
We can only dream, Anon
>>
>>375935216
They don't have emotions, they're just good at pretending to be human, that was the purpose.
Every AI has learning components, that's what makes a good AI. You don't want an android to walk up to a door and get stuck just because you didn't teach it that some doors have knobs.
>>
>>375935383
Is this with Nuka World?
>>
>>375935327
>you can't do things IRL that you can do in this video game!
Is that really your argument? I also can't turn into an immortal leper by being hit by an atomic bomb.
>>
I sided with the institute based solely on the fact they have advanced technology above any other factions and that you eventually become their leader and can actually do great things with the group.

however the institute as bethesda wrote them is god awful. what was their goal? why were they replacing people with synths? why did they even need to look human? we still don't know.
bravo bethesda
>>
File: Raider Base 003.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Raider Base 003.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>375935458
Yes. The actual theme park was so-so. The changes to the base game were addictive as fuck. Especially getting to create raider-looking settlements.
>>
>>375935458

Nuke World allows you to take over villages, yes. Best DLC in terms of content. Far Harbor is the best in terms of story and dialogue.
>>
>>375933213
>zero attempt at camo
It's like they want their soldiers to die
>>
>>375934490
I know which one you are talking about, but I can't find it.
>>
>>375935590
>>375935606
Aah, yeah I never got Nuka World but now I might.
>>
File: Breen_upset.jpg (37KB, 350x462px) Image search: [Google]
Breen_upset.jpg
37KB, 350x462px
>aliens want to take over your planet
>if you resist, you get genocided
>if you collaborate, your race gets to live until the last of the species dies off
Was Breen really in the wrong here?
>>
File: 1432770514105.jpg (17KB, 336x368px) Image search: [Google]
1432770514105.jpg
17KB, 336x368px
>>375935606
>>375935590
>playing as die-hard Minutemen general
>like Gage and don't want to lose a companion by wiping the raiders out
>use the power of mental gymnastics and some light modding to pretend that I'm actually just reforming the gangs into a mercenary force that works for the Minutemen
>>
>>375929875
They are a videogame addaption of the EU, replacing Humans with Androids because they thought they where "Inferior".
>>
>group focused on future of mankind
>replace everyone with robots for no actual reason
>scrap the extended human lifespan technology
woah.. so smart.
>>
>>375935496
They are a group of turbo autist trying to create 3d waifus. So they have shit taste on top of being ineffective chronic masturbators.
>>
Far Harbor's story was mediocre, the Synths and Atom are just as retarded as the Railroad and Institute are to the vanilla game, and that retard bot trying to call you a Synth was insultingly bad writing
The only way it was better is that the Far Harbor humans were pretty believable characters in contrast to shit like the Minutemen
>>
File: 1187923162041.jpg (22KB, 425x406px) Image search: [Google]
1187923162041.jpg
22KB, 425x406px
>>375935887
>everyone is freaking out because the leader is going to die of cancer
>quick, we must do dangerous research on innocent people using FEV to try and fix it
>already have working cybernetics that have successfully kept a man alive and ageless for 60 years
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
>>375935606
I might go with Automatron as slightly better for content. Modifying Codsworth and making your own robots from scratch was a criminal amount of fun.
>>
>>375935619
Their "soldiers" are literally robots or bio engineered artificial humans
>>
>>375933673
>Mark I Enclave Power Armor
>Developed only after the Enclave came to power via the Oil Rig; never distributed around the East Coast because the Enclave made an entirely brand new Power Armor specifically for the East Coast chapter, as shown in Fallout 3; MK II even succeeded it
>Institute has it; it's somehow pre-war as well.

Curious...Highly curious...
>>
>>375935915
>side with institute
>watch all those stupid machines beg as they are taken back to facility for experimenting
>>
>>375935993

the fuck is that body? an ac unit?
>>
File: 1388530800716.jpg (17KB, 200x249px) Image search: [Google]
1388530800716.jpg
17KB, 200x249px
>>375935915
>Dude maybe you're a synth. Do you actually know you're human?
>Yes because there is real, tangible evidence of my past life and if I had been replaced with a synth at any point the Institute would have shut me down when I came busting in guns blazing
>BUT DUDE WHAT IF YOU'RE A SYNTH THOUGH
>>
>>375935821
Yeah, the game throws a lot of curveballs like that at you.
>side with superior Brotherhood
>dislike the faggoty Railroad but Deacon is a top tier bro
>no way to stick with the Brotherhood and not kill him
>Danse gets outed
>proper Brotherhood option is to accept his offer of suicide and let him die with his honor and faith in the Brotherhood intact
>can't actually kill my bro, make bullshit reason to justify it to myself
>>
File: xo4ArDG.jpg (106KB, 777x1121px) Image search: [Google]
xo4ArDG.jpg
106KB, 777x1121px
>>375935993
The ability to turn Curie into a sexy Assaultron makes Automatron worth it.
>>
>kid in fridge lasted 200 years in there with no food or water
>necropolis people in 1 needed water
>ghoul settlers need food and water
blows your mind huh?
>>
>>375935980
That's addressed in-game by Father. He knows he can give himself more time, but doesn't want to sacrifice those parts of himself since he's ready to die.
>>
>>375936201
>no way to stick with the Brotherhood and not kill him
There actually is, even without mods or console abuse, you just have to time certain quests right.
>>
>>375936003
Even so they'd be far more effective with even just solid OD paint or something, instead of bright white that could been seen a mile away.
>>
>>375936285
>"No, I can't replace who I am with robotic parts, that's wrong"
>sends more synths out to kill and replace innocent people
>>
>>375936262
Kid survived in a busted-up partially submerged fridge. He probably drank swamp water and ate swamp scum for centuries, it's not like he's taking rad damage. Ghouls have proven to subsist on less.
>>
File: 1358185157887.jpg (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1358185157887.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
>>375929875
Why would you create slaves that dislike being slaves?
Why not create a few truly sentient synths to advance that field, and create semi sentient slaves to do your menial bullshit?
>>
>>375936382
>strawmanning this hard
He never said he was morally opposed to it. Just that he knew the options existed, didn't feel like using them and as an old man was ready to pass on.
>>
>>375935993

Oh yeah, forgot that DLC. Easily one of the best too but that might be because I fucking love robots, and the customization in FO4 was great.
>>
>>375936474
Or just use fucking Mr Handies that are apparently all over the fucking place. You don't even need to create more robots.
>>
>>375936474
The early model synths that look more robots are exactly that. The newer ones are made to act like humans and replace humans.
>>
they really fucked the tits with the protag with a backstory and that shitty dialogue wheel.
>>
>>375936593
If they're made to replace humans why does the Institute go out of their way to insist they are not human and do not have emotions or free will?
>>
>>375936518
Also, the background story with the Robobrains was good, and probably the most Fallout thing in Fallout 4.
>>
>>375936298
No it's not. The only option available is to side with the Minutemen and only destroy the Institute. But that locks you out of progressing with the Brotherhood and you can't be Sentinel.
>>
>>375936636
Nice answer
Douche answer
Sarcastic douche answer
Neutral ask them a question
>>
>>375936663
Because they're dumb and Bethesda's writing is terrible.
>>
>>375933396

>The writing in the game is shit and it could all be solved if the main charater asked questions like a normal human being.

This, this so much. For a game where you supposedly have so much freedom, the fact that you're pigeon-holed into such a small list of choices is maddening. I hoping that Fallout 5 is going to be closer to Fallout 1/2/3 but I'm starting to instead hope they just don't make a Fallout 5 in case they just go further into the shitter.
>>
>>375934614
what kind of a world view do you have?
Real life scientist don't act like that.
>>
>>375936725
You can't keep him as a companion, but you can keep him alive. If you get the Mass Fusion quest from the Institute and warn Ingram about it you can skip the Tactical Thinking quest where you're sent to kill the Railroad.
>>
File: Fallout 4 megapost.png (2MB, 2916x2682px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 megapost.png
2MB, 2916x2682px
>>375934490
>>375935620
Is this what y'all were lookin' for?
>>
>>375936792
Ashes! Go home! Erin neeeds you~~ ;_;
>>
>>375935606
>Nuke World allows you to take over villages
I don't see how that is different from having settlements in the normal game other than Raiders refusing to feed themselves.
>>
>>375936508
He barred the entire Institute from researching down that route precisely because he was morally opposed to it. Bethesda's awful writing does nothing to redeem his position.

It is pain-inducing to see these supposedly top tier scientists bitching about souls and cyborgs like random retards today would, but that's the extent of Bethesda's writing ability.
>>
>>375936979
No, the font was green and it was showing how the lore was fucked up by bethesda.
>>
>>375935381
>/pol/
>Jewtalitariansim
Such a Reddit post.
>>
File: 1478751065751.jpg (99KB, 405x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478751065751.jpg
99KB, 405x700px
>>375936158
You know that fallout 3 mod where you can raise an army of ovens on treads? They added it to fallout 4 in a far better fashion.

I honestly don't understand this game; they add legitimately every popular mod from previous titles into the vanilla game from the get go and make serious engine overhauls so that modders can do what was once only dreams but botch the story so bad that there's little replayability and the dialogue is so poorly written people avoid npc interaction like the plague that not a lot of people are even bothering to make quality mods.
>>
File: 1389023365972.jpg (17KB, 206x237px) Image search: [Google]
1389023365972.jpg
17KB, 206x237px
>>375936663

Because the writing is shit.

>https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/fallout-4-694375/fallout-4-your-character-is-an-idiot-also-everybod-1786861/
>>
>>375936979

Thanks, but I was looking for a screencap of the Giant Bomb article posted here: >>375937719
>>
>>375933076
If you're complaining about FEV on the East Coast that shit has been around in the lore for almost a decade.

Apparently someone scooped out some FEV out of Mariposa and dumped it in a Vault
>>
>>375931180

> Slavery is bad.

????
>>
>>375937909

>>>/pol/

????
>>
File: 1438007931127.jpg (2MB, 1400x1916px) Image search: [Google]
1438007931127.jpg
2MB, 1400x1916px
>>375937805
Ah, sweet, I hadn't seen that.
>>
>>375936247
shit, really? Can you also revert back her shitty synth body back to assaultron? Might be enough to make me reinstall.
>>
File: 1487073162775.png (413KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1487073162775.png
413KB, 500x495px
>Explore every possible place you can
>Build my settlements up to be impregnable fortresses
>Did everything except for the story
>When I finally get around to doing it, the story is boring as fuck with no real payoff
I got a lot of hours out of it by just mucking about, but Christ, what a shit story.
>>
>>375939357
>>Build my settlements up to be impregnable fortresses

I wish this worked. built up a town with multiple kill zones. funneling the attackers deeper into a murder zone.

Game just spawns them in the center of town half the time.
>>
>>375939053
No, you can't do anything after she transfers to the synth body. But you can still build your own unique sexy Assaultrons. Or make Codsworth into one.
>>
>>375939856
well fuck that shit then
>>
>>375939564
I think I saw a mod that fixes the attacker spawn points to be outside of the settlement.
>>
>>375934283
this,besides that minuteman faction is literally the ncr/desert rangers from the east, only poorest,with almost no training and shit guns,but making it up by having a fortress and artillery if the player joins them.
they are the best option for keeping the peace and the further independence of the commonwealth.
Eventually if everything goes well a new small nation will born like the NCR
>>
>>375936636
god i hope they scrap the dialogue wheel and voice protagonist in next game. it doesn't work. there is no roleplaying, you are literally playing the same dude every time. no replayability.
>>
>>375934053
>>375934460
How is "the ends justify the means" an american ideology? More than half our country opposes abortion. If anything Europeans and their socialist models of government embody utilitarianism
>>
>>375934614
real life scientists would have actually take care of those synths really well and kindly and with their help as bodyguards and workers,fix almost all problems in the commonwealth, without the need of kidnapping, killing, burning, etc
>>
>>375940897
that and to get rid of that awful mandatory intro. new vegas did it right
>>
File: danse fo4.png (443KB, 1320x2436px) Image search: [Google]
danse fo4.png
443KB, 1320x2436px
/pol/ is the best thing about Fo4
>>
>>375935790
literally he has no option, he didn't know that freeman could fuck up the combine so hard.
>>
nuka world sounded like a tight dlc, but after seeing what it all offers, it looks shitty. is far harbor good at least?
>>
The Institute uses the synth infiltrators for intelligence and research. They're basically doing what the guys in Big MT would've done if the rogue scientist with the roboscorpions hadn't scrambled their brains. It would've turned into a caste of technologically superior cabalists using an unwitting technologically ignorant populous as guinea pigs, just like the vault project itself. The Institute vainly believes, like their Big MT counterparts, that both advancing technology and progress to a utopian ideal justifies the means. Everything they do makes perfect sense when you consider their idea of a utopia is a small self sustaining population of intellectuals with a caste of robot slaves to serve them and a caste of feral humans on the surface to experiment on. In so many less words its a recycled plot from New Vegas DLC that got more fleshing out in a broader story, but was sadly portrayed with far less personality.

The other factions are similarly underwhelming compared to even Fallout 3. I was really hoping we'd get to fight the Enclave on a secret moon or mars base, referencing the bailout emergency plans of the elite in the earlier fallout games.
>>
>>375941273
That post almost makes me want to play it again.

Sad part is if I was to play it again, it'd be for the plat trophy, and I'd have to side institute/Railroad/Minutemen for that.
>>
>>375941658
no they are both garbage, not sure why far harbor gets a pass that's garbage too.
>>
>>375931441
It really would be for the best if you lead the Institute and call off the shady assassinations, end the downright slavery, and put the resources back into good shit like cybernetic implants and better crops, but you gotta side with your dickhead son to do it and it's implied the Commonwealth suffers.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.