[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 3 pvp is the best in the series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Dark Souls 3 pvp is the best in the series.
>>
Only if you like fighting ganks

I prefer 1 on 1. I can never beat anything but unprepared pvefags.
>>
>>375929826
It's really satisfying to skulk around until you can isolate the host and then snipe him before his sunbuddies can make it back to save him. Earning tongues/shackles was some of the most fun I had in the game, gank squads or no.
>>
>>375929826
You can pvp 1 on 1 outside pontif and other places, we also have arenas, whats your point?
>>
>>375930497
this also even if you dont win messing around with the host it pretty fucking fun, outside pontif i just invade for the lolz
>>
>>375930515
I like invading and creaming unprepared pvefags

I thought I made that clear.
>>
>>375929826
There's literally a mode for no estus one on one.
Or two on two.
>>
R1 R1 R1 Roll Roll Roll Estus Roll Roll R1 R1 R1 Estus
>>
>>375931186
this is different than other souls games?
>>
>>375931186
R1 chargeR2, roll roll, R1 R1 JumpAtk
Just because you have 0 creativity doesn't meant that's the only combat possible
>>
>>375931278
quite obviously so.
Rolling in DaS and especially in 2 was a lot weaker. In 3 even if you expect the rolls and act accordingly you'd be lucky to get the hit even with a good rollcatch animation.
Rollspammers used to be punished as the scrubs they are.
>>
>>375930515
1v1 invasions are some of the most enjoyable experiences I've had playing this game, being both the invader and the host.

Participating in a gank on either side takes away from the entire fun of it.
>>
All out rainbow wars in the woods or post Pontiff with two giants stomping around is legit balls to the wall fun.
>>
>>375931278
>DS1
Backstab -> Well is that it? -> Backstab -> Well is that it? -> Poise through attack -> Stagger with Zweihander -> Backstab -> Heal with Humanity (Stack of 99)

DS2 has the best combat because you can't backstab chain people and because the healing speed is slow and because you have fewer rolls.
>>
Not even. The highly aggressive nature of the game and how awkward it feels on Dark Souls III isn't even paramount to the amount of balance issues with not only the invasion system, but the PvP system as a whole.
>some weapons are only viable via specific movesets; 2H Greatswords only way to play unless you like no poise
>complexity in game is akin to roll-catching because rolling in the game is so over-utilized and easily allotted for a player; future DLC weapons sometimes even account for this with WA and DLC boss movesets (not like it wasn't already a thing in the original game)
>takes after Dark Souls I's PvP structure; doesn't even manage to flesh out or bring into fruition most of the glitches/bugs that made Dark Souls I's PvP better as a new mechanic to deepen the combat
>Invaders are inherently always fucked unless they take everything that makes Dark Souls III horrible and roll with it to the point of unfun nonsense.
>WA's range from gimmicks that allow someone to hit someone from above the two hit principle (which has been a thing since fucking Demon's) to being useless. Those in the middle (versatile moves that could be in stock movesets somehow) are sometimes either or, especially in given comparisons between Longswords to Greatswords.
>Backstabbing is still not even fucking fleshed out or still awkwardly implemented; as a reminder, it has been eight years since Demon's and they have released five Souls games - including Demon's - with this problem
>Parry shields are outright useless unless small; WA Shields blow them out of the water because of the seconds saved for utilization of combos from gimmicky nonsense.
>Even still, Caestus is outright the best parry tool because of its innate Perseverance allowing for a free backstab or parry if the trade is well allotted.

Dark Souls III PvP fucking blows cocks and is a under-developed piece of fucking nonsense that has no right to be under-developed considering how the series has gone in this span of time.
>>
>>375931831
Healing with humanity is so slow it's punishable even off a backstab.
>>
File: edgeknight.jpg (15KB, 211x350px) Image search: [Google]
edgeknight.jpg
15KB, 211x350px
*katana running attacks u*
>>
File: FmIPr.jpg (255KB, 829x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FmIPr.jpg
255KB, 829x1440px
>>375929751
DaS 1:
>laggy as fuck
>fights usually revolve around backstab fishing
>cable pulling (applies to all tbf)

DaS 2:
>NO ORBS, have to farm cracked orbs in the broken arena where every fight is a benny hill chase or a completely unmatched lvl 50 vs lvl 200
>hitboxes are a joke
>defender covenants were disappointing and limited to tiny areas

DaS 3:
>90% of invasions are tryhards or gank squads
>arena mode is boring and samey as fuck
>muh honorabru dueling
>covenants barely work, especially darkmoons, and no blue orb (why?)
>meta and community are at the most cancerous they've ever been

Is it the best in the series? They're all flawed but in terms of the one that's least bad I'd have to go with DaS 2, even though I hate that game.
>>
>>375929751
It could be if they removed the hornet ring or at the very least increased the recovery time from a whiffed parry. I'm real damn tired of people pulling out the caestus and parry spamming when they start to lose only to get lucky on the 17th parry attempt and pull an OSOK out of their ass.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.