[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ELEX - Gameplay Trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 13

File: Elex-Roleplaying.jpg (343KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elex-Roleplaying.jpg
343KB, 1920x1080px
New gameplay trailer released.
https://youtu.be/tUjoDyaHPmo
>>
Looks unoriginal and terrible
>>
>actual ingame footage
Yeah, I believe that.

The setting looks quite interesting, the idea of a post-apocalyptic medieval society, but I'm not sold on the gameplay.
>>
>>375924458
>that combo at the end

good old JoWood

As long as they don't fuck up the world building this should be a masterpiece
>>
I like the setting but it looks an early access unity game.
>>
>>375925824
It's a step up from whatever engine they used for Risen, I'll take that
>>
Horizon already did the setting better than this could ever hope to do it.
>>
>>375926129
Setting? Sure. This is going to be an actual RPG though; big difference.
>>
Two Worlds Two: Part Two: The Abortion
>>
>>375924458
>open world

closed the link right there
>>
>>375926204
The whole thing hinges in it's setting, no one expects a good game, much less a good RPG out of Pyranha Bytes anymore.
>>
>>375926267
>Two worlds
You're getting your low budget European studios mixed up; these guys made Gothic and Risen
>>
>>375924458
Is this a mobile game?
>>
This looks like a shitty Skyrim, why would anyone develop this?
>>
>>375924458
now THAT is shovelware
>>
>>375926323
>implying gothic is not open world

the retardation of this place knows no bounds
>>
>>375926472
Not really... as long as the setting isn't a fucking trainwreck all the purpose it has to serve is being a home for all the factions and quests
>>
>>375926550
Well, they made Risen 2 and 3, which is even more of a bad omen than it would have if they just shat out Two Worlds. You just know it'll be total fucking shit now.
>>
>fantasy world where present time is the "old world"
ok this is cool
>>
>>375924458
I'm a big fan of Gothic and first Risen and this looks like absolute shit. Barely any better than third Risen and casting animations actually look way worse.
>>
>>375924458
I thought it was a skyrim mod from the picture.
>>
>we are the berserkers
Looks like a crappy early access game on steam.
>>
>>375927027
All this game has to accomplish is manage to be less shit than Risen 2, which is a pretty low bar.

If this was a trailer for anything but a JoWood game I would write it off; it's like seeing your retarded son finally learn how to ride a bike
>>
>Cant play as scabtily clad female

Aaaand dropped
>>
>>375924458
>setting looks good
>world looks decent
>character/armor designs look good
>animation is meh
>effects are ok
might be cool
>>
>>375927828
>animation is meh
This is unironically the number 1 sign of a good RPG
>>
>>375928281
Then every Bioware and Bethesda game is fucking great.
>>
>>375928659
No because they try to make good animations and fail spectacularly. That's different than just "meh"
>>
>>375928281
Agreed, good games focus on more than just eye-candy. It can also be the "beginner" level of fighting skill and improve in animation like in Gothic games.
>>
World looks good as usual.
Hell, even Risen 2 and 3 looked good so that was never an issue.

Combat looks like an upgrade from the later Risen games. Which doesn't say much. The first Risen and the Gothic games had better combat (Not counting Gothic 3)

At the most only expect three things anyways:
1) Combat evolving and the game being challenging enough
2) Decent quest designs that go beyond ''Collect X of Y and go from A to B''
3) Great atmosphere

So far the trailers haven't shown them failing either of that but on the other side they also haven't convinced anyone that those things are going to be there.
>>
>>375924458
every piranha bytes game is an insta buy
well maybe besides gothic 3..the gothic 3 addon and risen 2

cant wait for this
>>
>>375924458
This shit is worse than standard early access shit.
>>
>>375924458

Wow I thought ELEX was just a lightning mod for skyrim, but now its a story and gameplay mod too?
>>
spell animation looks terrible, wow.
what game is this anyway? never heard of it and the concept seems really strange, medieveal berserkers fighting in a modern day setting?
>>
>>375928760
I haven't seen a Bethesda animation as bad as the spellcasting animation in this game. And I don't even care about that, in fact I seldom notice bad animations unless someone points them out, but these need a little bit more work.

All in all the game just doesn't seem that good, like I said earlier Horizon already did the setting a thousand times better, amd the combat in this thing seems to be literally TES combat in third person. The only thing that can save it from being absolutely crap is having well written quests and maybe a decent story.
>>
>>375929467
The setting is post-post apocalypse
>>
Looks good.
>>
>My home, only home i know
Closed
>>
>>375929467
>>375930012
spellcasting in Gothic/Risen is always a simple animation because it's an instant cast on click.
>>
If you played 1 or 2 Piranha Byte games, you played them all. There is only so much "Ruhrpott" humor I can listen to over and over again before it gets old.
>>
File: 081.gif (204KB, 600x538px)
081.gif
204KB, 600x538px
>Risen 2: 3
Whatever man, PB is dead
>>
>>375935315
People said they were dead after Gothic 3 but then Risen 1 happend
>>
>>375935547
Yeah, and Risen 1 was actually pretty decent unlike whatever came after it
>>
I fucking hate fantasy setting. And i hate it even more when its combined with the overused medieval period. Fuck fantasy, and fuck medieval.

Sci fi fantasy games could be amazing, Star wars is a Fantasy Sci fi and its perfect. You know what's wrong with most fantasy sci fi game? They focus too much on the "Fantasy" side, and not enough in the god damn "Sci fi" part. This games look ways too much fantasy-like to be called a sci fi game.
>>
So I have played Risen 1 and 2 before but I decided to replay them. I have finished Risen 1 just fine but I don't think I can play through 2 again. I've heard 3 is better but I don't know man, I don't trust PB anymore. I find this sad because I loved every Gothic game, even 3.
>>
>>375935847
Risen 2 and 3 were shit for publishers reasons though. Not because Piranha willed it.

Risen 2 became a pirate adventure because Deep Silver forced them to cut the world into multiple pieces so the game runs on 360- Risen 1's 360 port was a fucking mess.

And so Piranha took the chance and made a pirate game with islands and the new console/PS3 friendly engine also took a hit on a lot of other things.

Risen 3 originally was supposed to go back to the Risen 1 ways but Deep Silver said that they want Piranha to release the game in episodes similar to The Walking Dead which is why it ended up being a mess again. Only shortly before release they skipped that plan and released everything in one pack.

Source: German interviews with the developers
>>
>>375933180
>it's an instant cast on click
bullshit
>>
>>375935315
b-but 3 is a genuine a 7.5/10 game (2 being 3/10)
>>
>Risen 2 and 3 are bad
They are the weakest Piranha games but they sure aren't shit.

If you want to play actual bad RPGs get into the Topware stuff.
>>
>>375936169

So who gives a shit?
It doesn't matter if they suck, or if they suck their publishers cock, they make bad games constantly.

Was this thing also a publisher decision? Because this is some high tier joke character if I ever seen one, and I like fanservice.

The best thing about Risen 3 was its trailer, which ofcourse had nothing to do with the boring piece of shit the game is.
>>
>>375924458
i want to believe....

i'm not that fussed about the graphics. looks kind of like bannerlord which i'll be instabuying later this year. i just need to know if it has that amazing sense of progression you had in gothic 1 and 2, how will the world interaction compare. i got a lot of questions which is why i will hold off buying it, it's not like piranha bytes has made anything great since gothic 2 anyway
>>
File: 4561.jpg (266KB, 1600x900px)
4561.jpg
266KB, 1600x900px
>>375937560

forgot pic
>>
>>375924458
>rolls instead of Risen 1 style sidestep dodges
Yep, it's fucking dogshit.
>>
File: 1423434709914.png (300KB, 500x500px)
1423434709914.png
300KB, 500x500px
GUYS it's really bugging me but I've heard that voice actor in other games, someone put me out of my misery
>>
>>375937560
> they make bad games constantly.
Technically you are wrong.

Gothic is good
Gothic 2 is good
Gothic 3 is an unfinished mess
Risen 1 is good
Risen 2 is mediocre
Risen 3 is only entertaining if you really like Piranha Bytes because the game is filled with silly things and references to their older games

And ELEX is already confirmed to go down a more serious road with them repeating over and over again how desperately original they want to be and leave behind all that Risen stuff.
>>
>>375938027

Risen 1 wasn't that good, mediocre is closer to describing it right, and Gothic 2 is 15 years old, irrelevant today.
Of anything relevant, there was a mediocre game with some potential, and then a pitfall thats 2, and then 3 which is just a boring joke.

Fuck me with a rake if post apocalyptic tech-settings are promising, they are always terrible
>lolol these hi-tech things exist
>but we forgot to how to shoot guns and instead use armor and swords again because lol I don't know there won't be a real justification for it in game
>hey guys we are post apocalyptic too just like those other popular games except we are too late and do nothing original!
>>
File: Raptor-in-Edan.jpg (239KB, 1920x1068px)
Raptor-in-Edan.jpg
239KB, 1920x1068px
>>375924458
i watched gameplay previews and it does feel like their older games, gonna buy it anyways since its not a fucking assembly line production and handcrafted, unlike most games today
>>
>>375938548
It's a fucking videogame.
Magic does not exist in real life. The Berserker who use swords and classic armor use magic.
>>
>>375938714

Why choose a setting that doesn't fit?
Give me a berserker that moves down enemies with firearms. Not this bullshit of
>lol we'll just use swords too, and then there'll be some archer guys for ranged attackers

Pick a setting and build your game on it, not pick your game and choose a random "cool" setting for it.
>>
>>375938548
>but we forgot to how to shoot guns and instead use armor and swords again because lol I don't know there won't be a real justification for it in game

theres factions in the game that use guns.

only the 'berserkers' dont because they use the elex shit to make magic and theyre regrowing all the green stuff in the game
>>
>>375938968

kek, I'll believe when I see it.
>>
>>375924458
Is this a Skyrim mod?
>>
>>375938906
Berserker seem to prefer magic for ranged attacks rather than bow and arrow.

The Clerics use guns powered by elexit
And the Outlaws use elex as a drug to give themselves stronger abilities.

But this is a singleplayer game so balance isn't that important anyways.
Gothic originally wasn't balanced at all - Playing as a mage made you steamroll everything.
>>
>>375939179

I don't need balance, I need something more than
>hey guys we arent doing a generic fantasy setting now!
>this is not-magic technology
>these are not-archer ranged-tech-fighters
>these are not-sword techno-flat-rods with not-shield techno-disk-on-arm
>>
>>375936431
point being there's a fraction of a second between clicking and the spell going out, instead of waving your arms around for a second; that's just how they want the combat to work
>>
>>375939394
do you hate fun?
>>
>>375939394
Piranha obviously wanted to make a sci-fi game but realized that having 3 different factions with different playstyles in such a setting is kinda difficult so they went with scifi-fantasy instead
>>
>>375939718
>scifi-fantasy
Sci-fantasy is the term you're looking for
>>
Is there a Mage-equivalent faction in this game?
>>
>>375939591

I hate cringey games trying to make a setting for for their mechanics.
All they can do is the same generic fantasy setting - so they should just fucking try and do that right. Risen was alright, if they didn't go off on the pirate tangent without any actual real piracy involved it could've gone places.
This fantasy masquerading as post-apocalyptic sci-fi thing always ends up shit because they never bother to explain a thing about why people turned retarded and use both technology and live like medieval fucklords.

See DDDA, that game not ashamed about being generic fantasy and made it pretty interesting in the end.
>>
>>375939946
Berserker use magic as seen in this trailer.
''The Clerics'' don't use magic but are super hightech instead with powerarmors and guns and lasergates.
And the Outlaws are basicly the New Camp from Gothic with them using Elex as a drug
>>
>>375940170

Berserkers look shit. Guess I'll go for Clerics then.

Shame you can't join the faction your character originally belonged to.
>>
>>375939951
>they never bother to explain a thing about why people turned retarded and use both technology and live like medieval fucklords

The problem is that they do, and most of the time the reasons are stupid. I'd rather have post-apo games that are set far enough into the future after whichever convoluted cataclysm flung humanity back a couple of eras, that none of the living people know a single thing about it and can only speculate as to what happened.
>>
>>375939951
Why wouldn't you want to design the game around the gameplay? RPG gameplay and interactivity has always been at the forefront of JoWood Rpg's, not fucking lore fluff that justifies settings for autists like you
>>
i really want to believe they will be able to pull it off because gothic 2 is my favorite game but i know better then getting excited.
hope they will get it to be polished enough because everything looks so clunky from the trailers.
>>
>>375940650

Well thats basically what I meant. They spout some crap and are over with it because going into it at any depth will reveal how stupid it all is.

>>375940656

I didn't say that. I said pick the setting that works with your gameplay, which as you can see - still keeps the gameplay in the center, but atleast if you pick the right setting, the game will not constantly break suspension of disbelief because of the terrible setting. For a game where you'll spend half the time talking to npcs about their situation - it would be better if the situation made sense.
>>
>>375941079
I agree with you there; but we have yet to see quite how they're implementing the post-apocalyptic sci-fantasy narrative wise. I dropped Risen 2 after getting god powers because it meant nothing to me
>>
>>375941079
I just have a hard time believing they'd choose a setting where the faction quests would be written into a corner because they aren't comfortable with it / don't know what they're doing.

Basically all I have is faith
>>
As long as even the local wimp treats me as dirt at the start and I can bully everyone around later on I'm in.
>>
>>375939093
they've already explained this on forums or in some preview
>>
>>375941712
>>375941950

I guess thats the difference, I don't have faith. They have been struggling to keep things straight (publisher intervention or not), why pick a setting that is so hard to do well?

Look at that other game from the lords of the fallen devs, its just retarded shit, people in exoskeletons fighting with swords and crap, how do I take this seriously for a moment?
You can maintian technology that is beyond our current one IRL, and then you smash enemies with metal slabs for "warfare"?

I doubt any of them will ever bother to make sense of it to a level like Dune did.
>>
>>375940170
>''The Clerics'' don't use magic but are super hightech instead with powerarmors and guns and lasergates.

The Clerics are psykers. They also use powerarmors, guns, and lasergates, but they still have a form of magic in psionics.
>>
I'm hyped. Looks like a typical PB fare, terrible gameplay with fantastic world and exploration.
>>
>>375943454
im a PB fan but the combat was always clunky and barely servicable. But their quest design is good and their open world has MUCH more inside it than games like Skyrim where theres just wastelands with literally nothing in them
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>375924458
fuck didn't know this was a MUH BERSERKERS game, dropped
>>
File: paladinblow.gif (16KB, 320x240px)
paladinblow.gif
16KB, 320x240px
>>375938906
>Why choose a setting that doesn't fit?
I think one of the few games that really nailed the aspects of magic, technology and skill (swords etc.) being present in one world making sense on top of that was Phantasy Star 4. It's a shame SEGA let this franchise die. (No fuck off the mmo's don't exist to me). They killed off so much potential.
>>
>implying ELEX is the first game to do this

There are a handful only RPGs that are fantasy but also contains lots of sci fi bullshit
>>
>>375924458
game's problably going to be shit but i'm still going to spend 300+ hours on it
>>
>>375944276
>im a PB fan but the combat was always clunky and barely servicable
Wrong. Risen 1 combat was GOAT.

>trajectory base dodging instead of i-frame dogshit
>no retarded rolling, only side and backstep dodges
>manual attack trajectory input
>stringing attacks into custom combos
>needing to actually aim your parry within a narrow cone of an attack
>being able to actually break blocks with power attacks while all other Gothic and Risen games have literally unbreakable guard
>>
>>375945853
I agree.
Risen had the best PB combat.

>after finally getting it right they get forced to move to consoles and we end up with Risen2/3 combat
>>
File: 1463035403470.gif (3MB, 173x267px)
1463035403470.gif
3MB, 173x267px
>>375926917
Are you saying that you actually think Gothic was good?
>>
>>375937775
Hatred
>>
judging from the gameplay, it looks pretty meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znOieSu_PRI
>>
Is it gonna fall prey to the current open world meme where everything is OMG SO GIANT I CAN RUN ACROSS THIS WORL FOR HOURS, CLEARNING SAMEY LOCATIONS AND FINDING COLLECTIBLES?
Or are they sticking to the good old PB formula of handcrafted small open world that is actually worth exploring?
>>
File: 1465407284206.jpg (3KB, 201x159px)
1465407284206.jpg
3KB, 201x159px
>started Risen 1 again
>doing all stuff in the camp before moving into the city and actually siding with Inquisition and becoming a mage
>that comfy feeling of a huge adventure ahead of me even though i know that later chapters are shit
What the fuck went so wrong with 2-3.
No desire to replay ever.
>>
>>375926060
risen 1 had that gothic feeling also combat was good
>>
>>375947073
Too linear

Risen 2 doesn't care if you pick gun or voodoo and Risen 3 factions don't interact enough
>>
>>375946747
The UI and font is awful. Doesn't fit the environment or style at all. At the very least it should be less clean and bright.
>>
>>375947073
>>375947362
risen 2 and 3 fcked up
the inventory screen being its own screen is shit
the combat was way worse

risen 1 was literally a true gothic 1-(3) succeossor

also giving that one pirate lady bigger tits every game didnt make it better
>>
>>375946747
What the fuck is that voice actor? Is that the same guy who voiced the Risen protagonist? His voice was ok for a shipwrecked teenager, but it doesn't fit a veteran commander at all.
>>
>Risen 3 brought back levitation
>but instead of sitting on a cloud in relaxed pose it transforms you into a fucking parrot
disgusting
>>
>>375947427
>also giving that one pirate lady bigger tits every game didnt make it better
yeah she was perfect in the first game and actually felt like a tomboy-ish pirate's daughter
in second game she became a dumb slut and devolved to an ugly titty monster in the third
>>
>>375947450
nah its not the one from the ifrst game
>>
>>375947427
Risen 1 was literally Gothic 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_nMOiO3kHs
>>
>>375947562
>in second game she became a dumb slut and devolved to an ugly titty monster in the third
yep pretty gross desu
>>375947596
it feels like it is yes

hate 2 and 3 pirate shit setting and the whole gameplay
>>
I never managed to get into Gothic because of the horribly fugly dated graphics. Is Risen worth a shot over it?
>>
>>375947681
yes but only risen 1
also play it in german, a whole lot funnier if you can into german
>>
>>375947681
first risen is a good place to start
if you end up loving its atmosphere, give gothic 1-2 a shot
>>
The only thing i dislike about first Risen is how much it gutted magic system.
>3 attack crystals which are all boring
>like 10 spells overall
At least levitation and transformation was fun and actually used for dungeon crawling.
>>
>>375924458
to be honest action in the game looks so awful

why western people cant make a decent action even though it is RPG
>>
I actually like it, looks a lot better than the last bit of gameplay they showed a few months back. Animations still look pretty stiff, but if they manage to create something that comes close to Gothic's charm, I'm in.
>>
>>375948074
just don't put the inventory in a separate screen
>>
>>375947660
I mean it actually is.
Risens concept existed while Gothic 3 was still in development.

The video i posted is concept art which shows how Xardas and the Nameless Hero enter the unknown lands which seems to trigger the events of Risen
>>
>>375948148
when PB was still good
>>
>>375924458
They really need to hire better animators
>>
>>375948221
It's not like that many people left.
And plenty of the ''good'' people also worked on Risen.

The mistake was picking Deep Silver as their publisher. They are never good for anything.
Risen 1 worked because it was in fact a Gothic game in anything but name.
But Deep Silver wanted Risen after that to be different and thats how we got into this mess.

ELEX is their own wish.
If ELEX sucks its entirely PBs fault.
>>
>>375947947

Parrot form was fantastic in Risen 3 and one of the main reasons I always go voodoo pirates. Well, that and the fact that I'm crazy about anything voodoo in games.
>>
>>375948342
the animation have always been PBs charme anon
>>
>>375948415
On the other hand demon hunters got that teleportation skill that made going around pretty fun as you could phase non-stop.
>>
>>375925390
>JoWood
Piranha Bytes. JoWood was their shitty publisher back in the day.
>>
>>
>>375948871
>Risen 3 was almost episodic
Thanks publishers
>>
>>375948871
>Wir hatten zum Beispiel nur drei Monate Zeit für alle Dialoge
Well, it didn't turn all that bad when it comes to that.
>>
>>375924458
They didn't do much about the animations it seems. That's kind of a shame.
>>
>>375949381
It's the reason why the quest design is shit

Instead of actually thinking of good quests they got forced to make everything a fetch quest
>>
>>375928281
kek
>>
>>375948415
>Well, that and the fact that I'm crazy about anything voodoo in games.

You have played this game already, right?
>>
>>375949481
>It's the reason why the quest design is shit
I don't think it's tied to dialogues really, unless they were so stupid to make the script first and then design the game around it.
>>
>>375949678
Not every RPG with terrible animations is good but every good RPG has terrible animations
>>
>>375948342
The odd thing is that they said that they'd outsource the animations and yet they're either STILL not implemented despite already showing actual gameplay footage or the outsourced ones are just as shit.
>>
>people blame PB for Risen 2 and 3 being underwhelming

Guys.
Deep Silver published it.
You know. The Dead Island, Sacred 3 and Homefront Revolution publisher.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.